Why would Pogba want to leave United now?

redmanx

If we win the title, I can see him staying and agreeing to a contract extension. As much as I hated the drama he seem to have caused, I think Pogba was genuinely as frustrated as the supporters that we couldn’t build a legitimately title winning/contending team. This is probably the first time he’s looking at a good squad with genuine world class talent. Remember that he started his first game playing alongside Fellaini. Really nothing more to be said after that.
Pogba must have known the state and quality of our squad before he signed, so why did he?

redmanx

I can list a ton of reasons why he rubs people up the wrong way and none of them have anything to do with race

1- the way he left the club the first time
2- his price tag and that he's never lived up to it
3- that we've tried god knows how many midfield partners and formations to 'get the best out of him' and still don't know how to to this day
4- his languid playing style
5- his tactical naivety
6- his agent
7- the fact he's spoken openly numerous times himself about wanting to leave or wanting to join other clubs

Nothing to do with skin tone it's that on the pitch he's just not worth the drama off of it
Im not a fan of Pogbas but I dont hate him, not for his attitude or his skin colour. I dislike his attitude when he doesnt get his own way, the lethargy he has too often showed on the pitch, the way he gives the ball away or loses it and the fact he has never refuted properly what his agent said. I like and want to see him play well for the team, to control games and be influential. His skin colour, like yours, mine and everybody elses is totally immaterial and irrelevent.

redmanx

It’s very strange, the whole Pogba thing.

He acts as if he isn’t partly to blame as to why the club hasn’t been challenging over the last 4-5 years. He is as much to blame as anyone else and has had just as many poor games as really good ones, arguably more of them.

He was a big money transfer and a star player and just hasn’t produced consistently since he came back. Bruno has come in and instantly made a massive difference and that has put an even bigger focus on his comparable lack of contribution.

If you are a top player, you need to contribute consistently and I hope this is him finally realizing this.

You can’t lament an issue that you are a massive part of. It’s not everyone else’s problem. You can’t be fed up when you don’t contribute enough.

I hope this is the start of a committed and motivated Pogba, but I feel it’s Pogba playing for a move, which would just confirm his character to me.
Agreed 100%

Giggsy13

Pogba must have known the state and quality of our squad before he signed, so why did he?
My guess, bold proclamations by Ed that they would build a world class squad, star signings, trophies etc etc. I mean Ed does like to talk a lot but not deliver.

Red Cantona

I think he made it pretty clear. He isn't going to be happy if we don't win anything. He will probably leave next summer if we finish trophyless.
You are right there.
As an United player though, his attitude is not acceptable. In fact I will go so far as to say attitude is everything playing for us. If he wants to leave (and there had been so much indication already), so be it and in fact sooner the better.

No one player can threaten the club, as no one is bigger than the club. :)

DON’T PANIC ™

I don’t think Pogba will leave this summer. There would be far more headlines linking him with a move if that’s what him and Raiola wanted.

Either he wants to run down his contract at Utd to maximise his own earnings if he moves for free next year. Or he genuinely believes Utd are going to be in a position to win trophies next year. Probably the former!

redmanx

Agreed 100%
When everything is taken into consideration, Paul Pogba has really added very little to the team, a handful of pretty decent games, a few goals, but nothing of any consistency. I dont expect him to be brilliant every moment of every match or win matches single handedly, but his really memorable performances are very few and far between, his moments of brilliance fleeting and rare. Many expected, me included, that a team could be built around Pogba, like with Robson, Cantona, Keanne, Rooney and others, but though he has the abilty to emulate these great players he lacks the attitude and desire. I think we should sell him this summer, rebuild, and move on.

AaronRedDevil

I'd only be ok with him moving if he's being replaced by someone. On top of another midfielder we already need

el3mel

He joined us on the perspective that Mourinho has just come, the previous 3 years were just odd ones and we'll be winning titles in less than 2 years later or so. He didn't know that Mourinho will shit the bed and out of the next 5 seasons here, we'll go 4 of them trophyless.

At the end of day, honestly and regardless of my stance on him, can anyone argue that Pogba wasted a lot of his prime years with us ? He joined us when he was 23 years old and he's now 28, won only Europe League and LC cups ( 2nd tier trophies ), never challenged for the league or CL and he's not even as relevant as he was when he joined us from Juve. Deep down he probably thinks that these 5 years could have been spent in a team that had bigger chances of winning the major titles.

I don't think he'll leave this summer, just because no one is really interested in paying the fees for him, but at the same time next year will be his 6th year at United and he'll be 29. He's approaching his last 5-6 years in football so, another season without a challenge for the league and CL, even if we won a Micky Mouse cup like League Cup, why he would want to stay anymore than that will be beyond me.

Again, this is regardless of my stance on him. I'm not his biggest fan, but I really can't argue that he wasted most of his prime years in a trophyless United side, when the expectations for him back at Juve were way larger than this.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
A lot of attitude fans in here, I see. Might as well turn the club into Brexit FC, since culture is all that matters to some of you, as well as our current 'leadership'.

As much as Pogba's nonchalance can get annoying, it's pretty clear he's not a DM and he should playing on the left of a midfield because that's his preferred position and for good reason. It's the place that masks his weaknesses and amplifies his strenghts the most. Since he's our best player, players like Rashford should be moved to accommodate him, and not the other way round. We saw what he can do there when OGS first came to the club.

Personally, if I was him, I'd leave and I've argued for a while that might be best for both parties. Unfortunately, our owners are too incompetent and care too much about the marketing losses from selling him and replacing him with a 'normal' footballer who'd fit better in our system. If he accepts a new contract from us, I'd count him that against his ambition as a footballer, as it's clear we're going nowhere fast.

FatTails

Barca and Real, in the middle of a rebuild and financial difficulties, are more likely to win a league title than we are.

Since he's our best player
He was, this time two years ago. Clearly isn't now.

Fernandes is our best player and carries the attack playing as a number ten. Pogba hasn't done anything since they've been teammates to justify changing the shape to accommodate him, and Rashford is a better option on the left (the position Rashford and Pogba have been rotating in lately also isn't the same one Pogba was playing brilliantly in when Solskjaer was interim manager. That position doesn't exist in the current system)

It's on the manager now to a) trust Pogba into the center in this system - maybe with a new partner to babysit him, b) find an alternative setup that can fit him in and improve the team, or c) let him go and find another player who might not be as good but better for the team balance.

Counterfactual

He joined us on the perspective that Mourinho has just come, the previous 3 years were just odd ones and we'll be winning titles in less than 2 years later or so. He didn't know that Mourinho will shit the bed and out of the next 5 seasons here, we'll go 4 of them trophyless.

At the end of day, honestly and regardless of my stance on him, can anyone argue that Pogba wasted a lot of his prime years with us ? He joined us when he was 23 years old and he's now 28, won only Europe League and EL cups ( 2nd tier trophies ), never challenged for the league or CL and he's not even as relevant as he was when he joined us from Juve. Deep down he probably thinks that these 5 years could have been spent in a team that had bigger chances of winning the major titles.

I don't think he'll leave this summer, just because no one is really interested in paying the fees for him, but at the same time next year will be his 6th year at United and he'll be 29. He's approaching his last 5-6 years in football so, another season without a challenge for the league and CL, even if we won a Micky Mouse cup like League Cup, why he would want to stay anymore will be beyond.

Again, this is regardless of my stance on him. I'm not his biggest fan, but I really can't argue that he wasted most of his prime years in a trophyless United side, when the expectations for him back at Juve were way larger than this.
This reads like we forced him to sit on the bench him for 5 years. I think he could've played a much more active role pushing the club forward than he has done. Bruno showed us what that looks like.

wolvored

Virtually 3 times the salary he was on at Juve and maybe Mourinho factor where he always won the league before implosion, well before he managed us anyway.

el3mel

This reads like we forced him to sit on the bench him for 5 years. I think he could've played a much more active role pushing the club forward than he has done. Bruno showed us what that looks like.
I'm not defending Pogba, he could have done more himself, but that's how it looks like, he wasted the majority of his prime not winning anything useful or even challenging for them, in a United that's a hot mess from start to finish, and even with how phenomenal Bruno has been for us, it's not like we're challenging for the league or CL currently either.

He could have joined Madrid back then and he would have had multiple CL and league trophies, in a team that's not built exclusively on him and he would have probably had an overall better legacy than whatever shit he had the moment, with his legacy last 5 years being Europe League and League Cup, and the only major thing he won was with his national team.

Pogba deserved to be blamed for a lot of his performance in several matches, but it won't surprise me if deep down he thinks this move was a mistake for all parties, him and United. He didn't achieve anything useful and United didn't benefit from him that much either.

jackal&hyde

Coming closer to the title them ever since he has been here and if we do our job in the transfer market I think he stays.

Rightnr

He was, this time two years ago. Clearly isn't now.

Fernandes is our best player and carries the attack playing as a number ten. Pogba hasn't done anything since they've been teammates to justify changing the shape to accommodate him, and Rashford is a better option on the left (the position Rashford and Pogba have been rotating in lately also isn't the same one Pogba was playing brilliantly in when Solskjaer was interim manager. That position doesn't exist in the current system)

It's on the manager now to a) trust Pogba into the center in this system - maybe with a new partner to babysit him, b) find an alternative setup that can fit him in and improve the team, or c) let him go and find another player who might not be as good but better for the team balance.
People go on about Fernandes like he's some world class technical player but he isn't. Fernandes could not have done what Pogba did against Milan, just as an example.

Bruno sets the tempo of our team. He's important for morale and because he doesn't stop. As a footballer though, it's Pogba all the way.

What people also need to realise is that Pogba has never been afforded the same luxury of being undroppable from his favourite position. It's because he's so good at so many things, we've basically used him as a multifunctional player. What we should have been doing is bringing more quality in the middle of the pitch to do the running and let Pogba attack.

Bruno is a good player but he'd never have been given such a free role in any other top side. This free role, I feel, makes him look better than he is.

redmanx

At the end of day, honestly and regardless of my stance on him, can anyone argue that Pogba wasted a lot of his prime years with us ? He joined us when he was 23 years old and he's now 28, won only Europe League and LC cups ( 2nd tier trophies ), never challenged for the league or CL and he's not even as relevant as he was when he joined us from Juve. Deep down he probably thinks that these 5 years could have been spent in a team that had bigger chances of winning the major titles.

I don't think he'll leave this summer, just because no one is really interested in paying the fees for him, but at the same time next year will be his 6th year at United and he'll be 29. He's approaching his last 5-6 years in football so, another season without a challenge for the league and CL, even if we won a Micky Mouse cup like League Cup, why he would want to stay anymore than that will be beyond me.

I agree that from Pogbas position or that of his agent and advisors, yes, he has got very little to show for his years with us, but equally the club and supporters have every right to feel that we have very little to show from his being at United. Nobody forced him to sign either the initial contract or subsequent contracts and the fact that he seems to have been happy to continue playing in what has been a team of also rans, and of course collect his pay etc rather than admit it wasnt working and move on smacks of a lack of ambition and laziness, or at the very least a very poor attitude.

el3mel

I agree that from Pogbas position or that of his agent and advisors, yes, he has got very little to show for his years with us, but equally the club and supporters have every right to feel that we have very little to show from his being at United. Nobody forced him to sign either the initial contract or subsequent contracts and the fact that he seems to have been happy to continue playing in what has been a team of also rans, and of course collect his pay etc rather than admit it wasnt working and move on smacks of a lack of ambition and laziness, or at the very least a very poor attitude.
I don't disagree. I think that ultimately this move was a mistake for both sides and won't surprise me if he himself thinks that. Neither Pogba nor United benefitted that much from each other.

Canagel

Since when did this happen? He wanted to leave in 2019 and was even recorded on camera saying so .

rotherham_red

People go on about Fernandes like he's some world class technical player but he isn't. Fernandes could not have done what Pogba did against Milan, just as an example.

Bruno sets the tempo of our team. He's important for morale and because he doesn't stop. As a footballer though, it's Pogba all the way.

What people also need to realise is that Pogba has never been afforded the same luxury of being undroppable from his favourite position. It's because he's so good at so many things, we've basically used him as a multifunctional player. What we should have been doing is bringing more quality in the middle of the pitch to do the running and let Pogba attack.

Bruno is a good player but he'd never have been given such a free role in any other top side. This free role, I feel, makes him look better than he is.
I mean, that just isn't true. And I say this, as someone who is a fan of his.

Ole gave him that free role and it worked for about 3 months until the team lost its legs and found that Pogba just wasn't reliable enough off the ball. We then struggled massively while he was out and had to be forced into buying Bruno to play in the position that was initially earmarked for Pogba because otherwise, we'd have not got in the CL and Ole would have lost his job. Bruno then comes in and immediately elevates the level of the team in a way that Pogba simply never did and his fans didn't have to use any and every excuse in the book to alleviate him of any responsibility like you are doing with Pogba.

Anyhoos, I digress. We then reverted Pogba back to the double pivot with Matic. It again, worked well for a short period of time before his inadequacies again, came to the fore. He then gets injured again, and from his return, we've had to play him off left, which again, started off well, before petering out a little.

Are you sensing any pattern here?

Bruno has had the sort of impact Pogba could only have dreamed of making. He isn't as naturally talented as Pogba, but he's a) much fitter than him, and b) much more reliable than him too.

I think when Pogba's career ends, I think he's going to look back at his first move from Utd with a tinge of regret. He has a remarkably complete skillset but moving when he did meant that he never refined it and put it all together. The tactical deficiencies he had in the reserves at Utd, are still there today. Juve under Conte and Allegri never bothered to hone him and make him that complete midfielder that he could and should have been, and instead just let him do what he wanted off the left with Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal all doing the hard yards in terms of proper midfield play. When he was given the reigns to run the midfield, or to run the attack as the 10 at both Juve and here, he flattered to deceive and that's because he's missing that all-important tactical acumen from his game.

Fergie stripped Ronaldo down as a player to his base elements and then proceeded to build him back up and only gave him a free role after he learned to play as part of a team and not for himself. It took him 3 years to learn, but once he did, he was given the keys to the team and that free role. Pogba left before he could go through that process, and it shows in his performances.

I don't necessarily disagree that Pogba is capable of things that Bruno isn't. But Fernandes has been trusted to carry the attack and he's backing it up. And it's not as if he's just driving the team forward and smashing in penalties, his vision and passing is at least on par with Pogba's.

The question is whether you can play both of them in roles that give them the freedom to do what they're good at without being over-exposed. I haven't seen evidence that it can happen, so right now you give the central role in the team to the guy who's been producing the goods. Much as I love Pogba, that's Fernandes.

What people also need to realise is that Pogba has never been afforded the same luxury of being undroppable from his favourite position. It's because he's so good at so many things, we've basically used him as a multifunctional player.
Not entirely true though. He was consistently played where he's at his best in Solskjaer's first half-season, just couldn't sustain his form all the way. He was dreadful in the last few weeks (so was everyone else, but expectations are higher for your best player).

But yeah, I could never figure out why both Solskjaer and Mourinho before him kept playing the same 4-2-3-1 system before we had Fernandes, just so they could stick Lingard (or Rooney, in Mourinho's first few months!) behind the striker. A least now it makes sense when Solskjaer's got one of the best number tens in Europe in his team.

welshwingwizard

Some fantastic mental gymnastics there to explain why Bruno has delivered so much more than Pogba.

Outputs such as scoring and assisting goals consistently makes Bruno a world class technical player. Pogbas inability to produce defines him and sets his legacy.

I suspect if he hadn't been an academy player who a bit reputation we had bought back for big money then we would have been talking about him not being good enough a long time ago. As it is we have made continuous excuses such as him not having the right partner etc...

We would be best selling now and buying 2 mids that work together in a partnership as opposed to trying to accommodate a player that isn't good enough to do that.

Rightnr

But yeah, I could never figure out why both Solskjaer and Mourinho before him kept playing the same 4-2-3-1 system before we had Fernandes, just so they could stick Lingard (or Rooney, in Mourinho's first few months!) behind the striker. A least now it makes sense when Solskjaer's got one of the best number tens in Europe in his team.
I don't want to waste your 10 posts a day for this discussion only but I really disagree with Bruno being a ten. We play him as a ten but again, he doesn't play that role for Portugal, for example. I think he's more a 8.

I am no football expert but I definitely think Pogba and Bruno can play as two 8s IF (big one) we had a defensive midfielder who'd allow this to be the case. We've seen Bruno is happy to do defensive work, if needed, and so is Pogba. We just need a strong CDM and I'm sure Pogba and Bruno can then back him up in the defensive aspect, while being devastating upfront.

Some fantastic mental gymnastics there to explain why Bruno has delivered so much more than Pogba.

Outputs such as scoring and assisting goals consistently makes Bruno a world class technical player. Pogbas inability to produce defines him and sets his legacy.

I suspect if he hadn't been an academy player who a bit reputation we had bought back for big money then we would have been talking about him not being good enough a long time ago. As it is we have made continuous excuses such as him not having the right partner etc...

We would be best selling now and buying 2 mids that work together in a partnership as opposed to trying to accommodate a player that isn't good enough to do that.
This bolded is nonsense. As I said, you can find posts from me dating years where I said we should sell Pogba. But I'm not blind to reality.

You think Pogba's been afforded more leeway than others because he's from the academy? Have you been paying attention to our fanbase since the first year he's been here? He's been constantly criticised for everything that's wrong with us on the pitch but when he's not there, we look pedestrian, to say the least. He's a genuine world-class player but he's not Messi and people expecting him to be are fools.

Finally, this fallacy about output. I watch the games, I don't need numbers to tell me what to think. I have enough of those in my day job. Making this the crux of your argument is pretty meaningless when Fernandes basically plays as a second striker in some of these games while Pogba's been stuck baby-sitting McFred or some other crap midfielder for most of his United carrier. The one time he wasn't and he had a good support of Matic and Herrera, he was excellent.

Last edited:

welshwingwizard

I would only accept that argument if Pogba had been a stand out player for us in his time here. But he hasn't, he has been average and inconsistent so he is part of the reason we haven't won more.

You could say that of de gea. If we don't win anything with Bruno but he continues to perform as he has then again you could say that for him too. But at the moment that logic would apply to any one of our players who have great potential but we only see it 1 in 3 games.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I guess the reason is if he leaves on a free next summer he is likely to get a truly massive Sanchez like contract.
Here having just been burned so badly by Sanchez, and the fact that while Pogba has had his best season in a United shirt he is certinaly not our most important player.
So are we likely to hand out a Sanchez style contract to him? Probably (hopefully) not

dinostar77

Pogba will leave Utd again on a free next summer. Will be interesting to see where he goes. Doubt Madrid would be interested now that Zidane who was pushing for Pogba has left. PSG? Juventus? Barcelona?

stw2022

Pogba can be excellent but only seldom has he managed to maintain consistency over a significant period of time. He’s clearly a top player and excellent technically and has maybe suffered from our general footballing malaise over these last few years but I’d be fine with him going In fact I think he might need to.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I mean, that just isn't true. And I say this, as someone who is a fan of his.

Ole gave him that free role and it worked for about 3 months until the team lost its legs and found that Pogba just wasn't reliable enough off the ball. We then struggled massively while he was out and had to be forced into buying Bruno to play in the position that was initially earmarked for Pogba because otherwise, we'd have not got in the CL and Ole would have lost his job. Bruno then comes in and immediately elevates the level of the team in a way that Pogba simply never did and his fans didn't have to use any and every excuse in the book to alleviate him of any responsibility like you are doing with Pogba.

Anyhoos, I digress. We then reverted Pogba back to the double pivot with Matic. It again, worked well for a short period of time before his inadequacies again, came to the fore. He then gets injured again, and from his return, we've had to play him off left, which again, started off well, before petering out a little.

Are you sensing any pattern here?

Bruno has had the sort of impact Pogba could only have dreamed of making. He isn't as naturally talented as Pogba, but he's a) much fitter than him, and b) much more reliable than him too.

I think when Pogba's career ends, I think he's going to look back at his first move from Utd with a tinge of regret. He has a remarkably complete skillset but moving when he did meant that he never refined it and put it all together. The tactical deficiencies he had in the reserves at Utd, are still there today. Juve under Conte and Allegri never bothered to hone him and make him that complete midfielder that he could and should have been, and instead just let him do what he wanted off the left with Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal all doing the hard yards in terms of proper midfield play. When he was given the reigns to run the midfield, or to run the attack as the 10 at both Juve and here, he flattered to deceive and that's because he's missing that all-important tactical acumen from his game.

Fergie stripped Ronaldo down as a player to his base elements and then proceeded to build him back up and only gave him a free role after he learned to play as part of a team and not for himself. It took him 3 years to learn, but once he did, he was given the keys to the team and that free role. Pogba left before he could go through that process, and it shows in his performances.
Agreed.

The United

So, let me ask you a question then.

Would you rather sell Bruno and build the team with Pogba?

As a footballer, you can have tons of talents but if he can't produce much from them, you will always be undervalued. There are many examples of that in United's history. Being talented means feck all if you can't make it work most of the time. Most of Fergie's midfielders were probably not as talented as Pogba as well. I bet you would rather have Pogba instead of them in those title winning seasons? Working hard is a talent too and probably the most important of all.

Btw, I am a huge Pogba fan. But, I find it amusing that people plays Bruno's impact down. The team needed that for years. We had it and we are talking trash about it now. Fans are fickle.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He does not work hard enough for starters. Cavani sprinted past him in some match recently. Bruno is so good as well partly because he works his socks off.

Champagne Football

The problem is that his salary demands will not be realistic when factoring his performance level. Is he worth £400,000 a week? I don't think so.

His true value in salary based on his performances should be around £250,000 a week.

Juventus will be happy to pay him what he wants if he leaves on a free in a year, which is exactly what will happen.

Fergie was only too happy to boot out a player if they felt they were worth £100,000 more than their true salary value. So we need to get back to those times where the club is run as professionally as possible, similar to how a Bayern Munich or Liverpool is currently run.

Rightnr

So, let me ask you a question then.

Would you rather sell Bruno and build the team with Pogba?

As a footballer, you can have tons of talents but if he can't produce much from them, you will always be undervalued. There are many examples of that in United's history. Being talented means feck all if you can't make it work most of the time. Most of Fergie's midfielders were probably not as talented as Pogba as well. I bet you would rather have Pogba instead of them in those title winning seasons?

Btw, I am a huge Pogba fan. But, I find it amusing that people plays Bruno's impact down. The team needed that for years. We had it and we are talking trash about it now. Fans are fickle.
Again, it's Pogba all the way when it comes to selling him. I'm no Pogba fanboy, I just think he's been misused by us and our biggest mistake was not cashing in 3 years ago and solidifying our midfield. That also has a lot to do with our fluid managerial appointments since SAF left. He's also very injury-prone and overall not reliable enough over a whole season. But our club cares more about marketing performance than sporting performance and so he's still here.

I'd personally keep Bruno but I also think he's not the hot commodity many people think him to be when it comes to other clubs wanting him. As I said, he's been amazing for us because we have a huge hole in terms of leadership and general drive to succeed. But his ball retention is awful, he makes so many dodgy decisions in front of our box that he's frankly been a liability in quite a few games. However, he's also got that moment of brilliance in him and that's why he's forgiven for a lot of things that hinder our overall progression. In other top clubs, he won't shine the same way.

dinostar77

One factor in all of this will be Bruno's contract renegotiations, as he's already said he wants assurances on money being available to strengthen the team and he wants Pogba to stay. The latter might be an issue if Pogba decides to leave and we have an unhappy Bruno.

rotherham_red

I do think he'll be here next season regardless and I don't think that if he were to leave we'd necessarily be going after a like-for-like replacement because Donny is already here and we have Mejbri coming through. Who will come in however, will be that all-important DM. Whether it will be as a result of us selling Pogba (unlikely) and using the proceeds to purchase him (unlikely) or buy him outright (not preferable) is the $100m question.

Walters_19_MuFc

His recent interview suggested he likes the direction the club is going and that he wants to stay here and win more with us. That said, that was before the final.

Tallis

If he can take a 10 percent pay hike and committ himself to the club, I welcome him wholeheartedly. If he stays, Ole should take a look at playing with inverted fullbacks so that both Pog and Bruno can start together and go forward like De Bruyne and Silva used to do.

izec

To answer the question in the title: to win and really challenge for trophies, i mean the big ones. With Ole, it will take another 5 years.

He will leave next year on a free if he has any sort of ambition to win something, which i assume he has. Nobody will buy him this summer, as we will price him out respectively most clubs wont have the money for him.

Andrew7582

Coming closer to the title them ever since he has been here and if we do our job in the transfer market I think he stays.
I am not sure what you are basing that on, we are more likely to finish 4th next season than overtake City. Pogba hasn't been that good for us anyway so he won't be a big loss.