Wilfred Ndidi - Leicester Player

Ekeke

He was absolutely immense yesterday. I really, really like the look of that Leicester midfield and they look like a hard side to play against. Must be so fun for Tielemans and Maddison when they know they've got a player like Ndidi alongside them to help them out.

The plaudits should go to the scouts and the coaching staff. They're finding the right players for their side and they're coaching them to play good, eye-catching attacking football whilst also being defensively very solid. It's a fantastic blueprint for lots of other similar sized clubs, and definitely something that United could learn from.
For sure

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Top 10 for the 10th best team in the league? Doesn't mean he isn't average.
He’a consistently good and only getting better. Does he have things to iron out? Sure.

dev1l

He s having an excellent season but as with other players, he s Overhyped over here

Litch

Good player in a good team. Like lots of Leicester players, it's the some of the parts.

M Bison

Supports
York City
80m for him, you think so? Not arguing the point but 80m seems too much, I've watched him play for Nigeria more than I've watched play for Leicester and never thought that's an 80m player.
In the current climate yeah I do think that’s the sort of fee Leicester would demand for him. Plus he’s only 22 so you’re taking 10+ years a club could get out of him.

I actually think he’s worth more to Leicester than that, replacing someone like him isnt easy and if he was available for £80m I’d snap him up straight away.

Litch

In the current climate yeah I do think that’s the sort of fee Leicester would demand for him. Plus he’s only 22 so you’re taking 10+ years a club could get out of him.

I actually think he’s worth more to Leicester than that, replacing someone like him isnt easy and if he was available for £80m I’d snap him up straight away.
The world has gone mad. Not joking but put him in the Utd team, he'd look no different than Scott Or Fred. He's not even close to Kante who would be around that value....

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
How does Leicester keep signing and developing these world class defensive midfielders?
Because They sign players that makes sense to them and play them in the role They excel at. They needed a DM, Ndidi was still young, looked good enough to be a DM (meaning They won't try to be football Einsteins and convert him to be an AM), available at a cheap price and would definitely join them.

In the worst scenario, even if He doesn't play exceptionally straight away, They can still develop him with time on his side and then They can sell him with a profit. The best scenario is the one you see so far (especially in this season). I doubt We have scouts that didn't know who Ndidi was. It's just that when We needed to prepare a replacement for the aging Matic, We signed Fred which is a CM/AM hybrid brazil monster for 50 fecking million and played him all over the place, sparingly. One season later, We let go of Herrera thinking We will bring someone to replace him, only to sign nobody at all.

You can't develop world class midfielders if you have never signed the talents. But it's okay because We have Pereira.

Last edited:

Litch

What is this assessment based on?
My opinion. If we are paying 80m for him as part of our transfer strategy then we are going to be in trouble bidding for genuine and proven world class talent. First thing when you call an agent they'll say, if he's worth 80m then what's X worth?

BlahRules

How does Leicester keep signing and developing these world class defensive midfielders?
When Kante was sold they bought a few midfielders to replace him.

Ndidi was bought in January transfer - after the other signings failed miserably.

We need to take risks, however need to understand they may not step up and move quickly to the next player - which we had failed over the last 6 years.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
When Kante was sold they bought a few midfielders to replace him.

Ndidi was bought in January transfer - after the other signings failed miserably.

We need to take risks, however need to understand they may not step up and move quickly to the next player - which we had failed over the last 6 years.
who were these other midfielders bought to replace him? I count one, Mendy who suffered a serious ankle injury on debut so not exactly a failure.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
80m for him, you think so? Not arguing the point but 80m seems too much, I've watched him play for Nigeria more than I've watched play for Leicester and never thought that's an 80m player.
Maguire wasn’t worth £85m, it’s not about what the players market value is. It’s about what it would take to buy him, this isn’t a foreign club who want the money. We are cash rich, above you in the league and look on course for Europe.

On what planet would Leicester City sell a player who is massively more important to us than Maguire ever was, for less than half the price.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
who were these other midfielders bought to replace him? I count one, Mendy who suffered a serious ankle injury on debut so not exactly a failure.
We bought one to replace him in Mendy, Amartey was signed as a utility player when Kante was still here.

Our first pick replacement was Idrissa Gueye to replace Kante. But Ranieri flexed his muscles and wanted Mendy who he knew (he tried to force Mendy over Kante the summer before).

Our third pick was N’didi (Kante, Gueye and N’didi were all Steve Walsh picks scouted when he was still here).

Gueye went to Everton with Walsh in the end.

Mendy is decent enough and struggled after that injury, but he’s not close to the other three.

Un4givableB

Maguire wasn’t worth £85m, it’s not about what the players market value is. It’s about what it would take to buy him, this isn’t a foreign club who want the money. We are cash rich, above you in the league and look on course for Europe.

On what planet would Leicester City sell a player who is massively more important to us than Maguire ever was, for less than half the price.
I thought N’didi was worth about 40m partly because Idrissa Gueye went to PSG for about 30m and l kind of rate them on the same level but l didn't realize Gueye is aged 30, besides if Fred is a 50m player then N’didi IS worth 80m or 90m.

I hope for Leicester sake he's on a long contract.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
I thought N’didi was worth about 40m partly because Idrissa Gueye went to PSG for about 30m and l kind of rate them on the same level but l didn't realize Gueye is aged 30, besides if Fred is a 50m player then N’didi IS worth 80m or 90m.

I hope for Leicester sake he's on a long contract.
I cant temember when he signed, but when he did, it was a six year contract. The lad is so down to earth, and is studying for a degree in business studies in Leicester. His passing has improved immeasurably, I dont think he is going anywhere soon.

thepolice123

Maybe you just dont rate DMs

He's the best in the league and playing better than Maguire did last season.
This place will turn on Ndidi faster than it did for Maguire if we pay 80m from him and expect him to justify the fee.

croadyman

He is playing so well at the moment and would be my ideal DM signing, however there is no way I can see him swapping Leicester for Utd any time soon

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
This

I'm not on the McTominay train, l hope I'm wrong but l don't see an elite level player, just decent premiership player.

Ndidi is worth about 40m, so Woodward would end up paying 70m.
If you want to buy players for 40m, you need to look for players that are rejected by clubs or up and coming players, in 2019 you not going to get a key player from the team 2nd in the EPL for 40 million. That's the reality.
We sold Drinkwater for that, and that was 2 years ago.

We paid 40 for Tielemans which many consider a bargain, we only got that price as he couldn't get into their team.

If your scouting team cannot look past proven established EPL players, then you going to be paying a kings ransom for those players.

Reactions: Fortitude

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
If you want to buy players for 40m, you need to look for players that are rejected by clubs or up and coming players, in 2019 you not going to get a key player from the team 2nd in the EPL for 40 million. That's the reality.
We sold Drinkwater for that, and that was 2 years ago.

We paid 40 for Tielemans which many consider a bargain, we only got that price as he couldn't get into their team.

If your scouting team cannot look past proven established EPL players, then you going to be paying a kings ransom for those players.
You’re not getting it lads. Fox Chrys is bang on the money. You aint getting Wilf, end of. What you should be doing is turning the head of Hamza Choudhury. He will be better than Ndidi, and a regular international. But, he’s slightly under the radar. Not famous enough for you. Perhaps if he changed his name to Hamza Choudhurinho, you would take a look at his, “stats”. Times have changed. The plebs are no longer desperate for your money. You need to take a far longer term view of your situation. Thats going to take time and patience, from both club and fans.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
You’re not getting it lads. Fox Chrys is bang on the money. You aint getting Wilf, end of. What you should be doing is turning the head of Hamza Choudhury. He will be better than Ndidi, and a regular international. But, he’s slightly under the radar. Not famous enough for you. Perhaps if he changed his name to Hamza Choudhurinho, you would take a look at his, “stats”. Times have changed. The plebs are no longer desperate for your money. You need to take a far longer term view of your situation. Thats going to take time and patience, from both club and fans.
Why on earth do you think we're going to sell Hamza? A loan at best, that could do him a world of good, but I can't see the club selling him anytime soon. He's for the future. As for Ndidi, I think we'll get at least two more seasons out of him before he goes. It depends on how well we'll be doing by then.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Why on earth do you think we're going to sell Hamza? A loan at best, that could do him a world of good, but I can't see the club selling him anytime soon. He's for the future. As for Ndidi, I think we'll get at least two more seasons out of him before he goes. It depends on how well we'll be doing by then.
Fully agree. The point Im making is that, thats where Utd should be looking, just below exposure level. Not at the Maddisons and Ndidi’s, for whom we will rinse them. Their scouting system seems to stsrt too high in the food chain.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Have to say, I had my doubts about him but he seems to have improved? Saw the highlights against Everton and he looked quality.

Alabaster Codify7

I don't know how any football club could look at our CM options and defensive leaks and not think that a Kante/Ndidi type destroyer would improve our results and performances ten-fold?

We're doing what we usually do, sitting on our hands romanticising Michael Carrick and hoping that this reincarnated version of him magically appears when there are solid CDM options out there to improve us.

We're a club obsessed with recreating the past instead of actively trying to move into the future.

JDubz

Supports
Man City
He s having an excellent season but as with other players, he s Overhyped over here
He's 22 and has been putting up Kante-like stats for the past 3 years. Plus he's 6ft.

seegoblu

Personally, I love what Ndidi can bring to the team; however, this is where a lack of a technical director hurts the club. What is the preferred formation going forward, while I think Ndidi can grow into an excellent player at the base of a 3 man midfield, if its a double pivot, I am less convinced.

It seems Ole is being lauded (generally) for his vision for the club and criticized for his lack of technical coaching acumen, so move Ole to technical director and bring in a new long-term coach who matches Ole's vision and build the team around that vision. Right now the club looks like a house that has been added on to for years resulting in an unappealing hodgepodge.

Ndidi would be a great addition, but only if we build a team where he fits.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Here's a wild idea, maybe we should stop paying teams like Leicester monstrous fees for their players and instead find those players from abroad ourselves?

Anyone?

No?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s been good since joining Leicester. He was very good in Belgium at Genk too.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
This

I'm not on the McTominay train, l hope I'm wrong but l don't see an elite level player, just decent premiership player.

Ndidi is worth about 40m, so Woodward would end up paying 70m.
40M? You'll have his left hand for that price.