Wilfred Ndidi - Leicester Player

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I watched a fair bit of Leicester when he first joined them and I definitely liked what I saw from him. I haven't seen him much since then though. Those of you who have, do you feel he's improved in that time or still around the same level?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I watched a fair bit of Leicester when he first joined them and I definitely liked what I saw from him. I haven't seen him much since then though. Those of you who have, do you feel he's improved in that time or still around the same level?
Like him a lot.

Wouldn't have a problem if we went for him; He'd be outstanding for us IMHO

What is his passing like? Ideally we need someone who can control the tempo of the game imo.

Robbie Boy

He’s class. Second highest tackler in the league only behind Gueye. This is the guy we should be looking at to replace Matic and he’s only 22 so plenty of years ahead of him.

Hawks2008

He’s class. Second highest tackler in the league only behind Gueye. This is the guy we should be looking at to replace Matic and he’s only 22 so plenty of years ahead of him.
I'm not sure, from what I've seen his passing isn't very good. But it's interesting how similar in terms of quality and skill set he is to Rice but doesn't get anywhere near the hype.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Weirdly, I was messing around on FM last night, noticed United had bought him and at age 22, he looked unreal :lol:
Not seen much of him, but honestly, if he's agile, can get around the pitch, and wins balls, he's the type of player we need sitting behind our midfield

Robbie Boy

I'm not sure, from what I've seen his passing isn't very good. But it's interesting how similar in terms of quality and skill set he is to Rice but doesn't get anywhere near the hype.
His passing isn’t bad at all to be honest and the thing is, he’ll actually try make incisive passes not just keep it simple like some in his position.

Ekeke

He's one of the only players who could in theory replace Matic and Ander at the same time, defensively anyway. We'd still lose something from Ander going forward, but its 1 player replacing 2 so it can be covered by a 2nd player

Robbie Boy

He's one of the only players who could in theory replace Matic and Ander at the same time.
What you make of him? I think he’s fecking brilliant and I wonder would he cost a fortune? I get what you’re saying too in that he’s not a pure DM in that he has more to his game and can help out in the final third too.

Ekeke

What you make of him? I think he’s fecking brilliant and I wonder would he cost a fortune? I get what you’re saying too in that he’s not a pure DM in that he has more to his game and can help out in the final third too.
Well no, I'm saying he has enough work ethic when his team dont have the ball that he can be that "mad dog" ball winner that Ander is, and the small amount of help that Matic is. And thats my main worry moving forward without Ander. That our defense will be exposed by having less hard working players than Ander winning the ball in front of them.

Going forward Ander is ridiculously underrated for some reason. Ndidi hasnt shown the same. But he can do a bit going forward yeah

Robbie Boy

Well no, I'm saying he has enough work ethic when his team dont have the ball that he can be that "mad dog" ball winner that Ander is, and the small amount of help that Matic is.

Going forward Ander is ridiculously underrated for some reason. Ndidi hasnt shown the same. But he can do a bit going forward yeah
Well he’s not as good as Herrera in the final third but I feel since moving to Leicester his game has developed and he’s now far better playing forward than when he first arrived. Given he’s only 22, I feel there’s further scope for him to develop that aspect of his game even further as he’s clearly nailed down the defensive aspect. Under Rodgers, if he stays, I see him really flourishing as an all-round midfielder.

Funny he’s barely talked about as profile wise, he would be a great fit for us; young, PL proven, attainable, attributes-wise he’s what we are looking for. He’s the full house for me.

OleGunnar20

Well he’s not as good as Herrera in the final third but I feel since moving to Leicester his game has developed and he’s now far better playing forward than when he first arrived. Given he’s only 22, I feel there’s further scope for him to develop that aspect of his game even further as he’s clearly nailed down the defensive aspect. Under Rodgers, if he stays, I see him really flourishing as an all-round midfielder.

Funny he’s barely talked about as profile wise, he would be a great fit for us; young, PL proven, attainable, attributes-wise he’s what we are looking for. He’s the full house for me.
Yep, surprised he doesn't get mentioned more, think he'd be a great signing.

No idea what Leicester would ask for him mind.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'd honestly be happy with him, Rice or Gueye. We've been linked with the latter 2 more. I've mentioned Gueye as an option in my opinion for the last few years because his stats are always unreal.

Think now though Rice is my preferred choice after his performance against us. If he did that for us it would be fantastic, he effectively had us pinned back at times because he was mopping up everything when we tried to break.

Robbie Boy

Yep, surprised he doesn't get mentioned more, think he'd be a great signing.

No idea what Leicester would ask for him mind.
Aye, he’s consistently been one of the best tacklers in the league since arriving at Leicester and his game has evolved too. No idea either, dunno what his contract sutuation is like.

Robbie Boy

I'd honestly be happy with him, Rice or Gueye. We've been linked with the latter 2 more. I've mentioned Gueye as an option in my opinion for the last few years because his stats are always unreal.

Think now though Rice is my preferred choice after his performance against us. If he did that for us it would be fantastic, he effectively had us pinned back at times because he was mopping up everything when we tried to break.
Aye, Gueye is the top tackler in the league and he’s been consistently brilliant in this aspect since arriving at Everton. Problem is, he’ll be 30 by the start of next season.

ValenciaRocks

Bumping this thread up as I was very impressed with his performance against city.

He bossed that midfield. His work ethic, positioning and tackling was just insane last night. He is still very young, is a good passer of the ball too.

Do you think we should be in for this lad?
Judging by last nights performance alone I’d be happy if we signed him. Reminded me of kante but with more height.

Reactions: SilentWitness

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Leicester have a better midfield than us...

soapythecat

Every time i've seen him this season he has been one of the, if not the, best player on the pitch. Absolute boss in the CM position. His lack of forward creativity will put many off, but he is exactly what we need behind PP if he stays.
Unfortunately, he would cost a lot of money, but he would be perfect for our new build. Perfect.
In fact, both he and Tielmens would be a brilliant combo to pursue if we want to build a side to get back into top 4 next season.

Cassidy

I would welcome Ndidi (my fellow country man) to replace Matic.

ValenciaRocks

Does anyone know how long Ndidi has left on his contract?

For me he’d be a no brainer purchase. Proven in the premier league, built for the premier league and is still only 21 (22?).

If people are suggesting he lacks passing ability then perhaps this is something he could work on being such a young player?

Imo, he’d be perfect for us.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would take him over Rice any of the week. Can't imagine him costing more either. He's the type of player we're crying out for, PL proven too, so low risk really.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I would take him over Rice any of the week. Can't imagine him costing more either. He's the type of player we're crying out for, PL proven too, so low risk really.
Problem is a whole host of clubs will be all over him,Tielmans, Maddison,Chilwell,Maguire and Pereira

Leicester aren't selling as many as 6 players.

Bestofthebest

The real problem is we should be scouting young players like this, not waiting till they look good in another premier league side and then envying them. Instead we will go out and spend mega millions on someone who turns out to be a primadonna that we can't sell for love nor money. There is talent out there that can be tapped into but it appears it is not our style.

The real problem is we should be scouting young players like this, not waiting till they look good in another premier league side and then envying them. Instead we will go out and spend mega millions on someone who turns out to be a primadonna that we can't sell for love nor money. There is talent out there that can be tapped into but it appears it is not our style.
However, all these great unknown rough diamonds need playing time to get to a good level, and we can't afford to give these players time to settle in, and get to a good playing standard in the PL. Ideally we would buy some good quality PL proven young players, ready to take the next step. Problem with the PL, is that everyone has so much money it's more difficult to buy these players than it used to be.

We definately need to look at attitude, potential and application rather than likes and marketability.

Zoo

Good at what he does but a bit limited on the ball I think.

Cassidy

In a 3 with Pogba and another who is good on the ball I think thats a good balance.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He’s more nimble on the ball than Rice. Not as good defensively but the on the ball talent is probably more important for an elite side looking to dominate on the ball.

ValenciaRocks

While I agree with what your saying, hindsight is an amazing thing.

VVD was at Celtic, looked great there but no one took the risk of signing him except Southampton. I’d imagine other clubs would of been looking but it’s the risk of buying a player in a different, less competitive league.

You look at this lad and he ticks all the boxes. He’s risk free (almost) and we would get so many years from him providing things go well. It’s a safer bet.

Leicester can afford to take more risks in the transfer market than we can due to their lower expectations.

Having said all that I do think our scouting network needs to do more. Under Fergie we got some gems in Evra, Vidic, Keane, Schmeichel, Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Pogba etc.. who were not exactly proven players but turned out to be world class.

In Rainbows

Not necessary. What matter is what the midfield as a whole provides for the entire side. That being, defending, attacking, energy, and controlling the game through passing. With Pogba and Ndidi, the only thing missing would be someone who can control the tempo of the game. Herrera, Matic, Fred, nor McTominay can provide that.

Pogba carries the attacking responsibility of the midfield. What he lacks is the constant energy, the desire to control a game through his passing, and he's not someone who wants to defend. What Juve had was Vidal and Pirlo. Vidal provided the energy to attack and defend, while Pirlo provided the constant passing presence and helped defend by positioning himself well (as he didn't have legs). The midfield as a whole therefore provided everything.

Right now we have Herrera and Matic. Herrera does the Vidal role, albeit in a poor man's version. And Matic is supposed to be the Pirlo, but obviously does not have the passing ability of Pirlo, so everybody knows he's not going to provide that. As a result, United's midfield does not provide all it can to the side. We miss two key elements, passing and defending. If we had Carrick from 2013 substituted in for Matic, we would be golden.

If we had Modric instead of Carrick, we would no longer need someone like Kante. Why? Because Modric is more mobile than Carrick and so we wouldn't need some energetic midfielder to compensate for Pogba and Matic/Pirlo/older Carrick. We could have someone like that, but it wouldn't be as needed as it is with that 2nd midfielder being as slow.

Ultimately what matters is the midfield as a whole providing everything, no matter the difference in the puzzle pieces. If we didn't have Pogba, we would now need more midfielders being a little better than Ndidi at helping out the attack. I'm assuming we have Pogba, so I do think Ndidi would fit in. Ndidi lessens Pogba's defensive responsiblity, and Pogba lessens Ndidi's attacking responsibility.