Wilfried Zaha - Sold to Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
He apparently did well in the 20 minutes he played against Spurs(was it?).
He started today, how was he? If he can start 10 games and give a consistent 7 rating performance.
I would love to see the following wingers in our squad next year:
Di Maria, Nani, Januzaj, Zaha, Valencia (5 players for two positions, no money being spent on this :-) )
This is based on the assumption(that now seems to be far from the truth now, that LvG will eventually move to a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Give him a year more in United or on a loan. Who knows, maybe he'll finally unlock the potential.

JohnnyLaw

I loved his reaction to a senior player in Scott Dann after the og despite the fact he didn't track Bertrand in the first place. Shocking attitude.
I don't like to see players behaving like that either but to be fair it was quite the feck up from Dann, under no pressure guiding it into his own net. And where was the right back?

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Making his move to palace permanent for 3 million according to the guardian.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
That is some absolutely dire business if true.

Classical Mechanic

The fee was up to 15m I believe. I don't think that we will have paid any of the add ons!

One of Fergie's worst still though. He always looked like a chancer on the pitch to me.

Hed Zitin

Three million.. What's the point for that price? He's worth at least 8m if not for the fact he's English. We are completely useless at selling players. Look at the prices the Championship is paying these days, let alone the PL.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Read somewhere that we received decent loan fees for his time at Cardiff and Palace (can anyone post the accurate figures please). Plus his fee is £10m rising up to 15m based on appearances so it will remain at 10m.

Still he hasn't set the world alight and 3m is extremely low given how young English talent is insanely overpriced. Don't think it is true tbh.

Oo0AahCantona

3 million. it would honestly be better to keep him and attempt to unlock his potential. for that return.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
£3 million :lol:

We need to get better at this selling players thing.
My palace supporting mate text me earlier to say that it's £3.5 million upfront and another £3.5 million Performance related.

Santos J

He cost us £10m up front so with £3m + add ons from Palace and the loan fees from them and Cardiff we'll have at least made our money back.

red_devil83

Zero point in selling for 3m. May as well have him in the squad and let him learn. Send him on loan again. Anything. 7-8m no clauses, I could accept but 3m is pointless. It's worth keeping him over that 3m just in case he turns good

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Zero point in selling for 3m. May as well have him in the squad and let him learn. Send him on loan again. Anything. 7-8m no clauses, I could accept but 3m is pointless. It's worth keeping him over that 3m just in case he turns good
Easy to say that, but I doubt that's going to do much good. I think he's at the stage where he wants to play first team games in the Premier League. If we refused him that chance, the chances are that he'll sulk or just become a complete waste of space.

I doubt Zaha's desperate to return to Manchester any time soon, to be honest.

El Zoido

Never got a chance to develop. He joined after Fergie left, Moyes didn't fancy him, his development completely stagnated which badly affected his chances under LVG. I feel for him to be honest.

Kag

This transfer has been botched from the very start to the very end. Nobody comes out of it with much pride.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
That's an awfully low amount for someone so young and relatively talented.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He cost us £10m up front so with £3m + add ons from Palace and the loan fees from them and Cardiff we'll have at least made our money back.
He was believed to have cost that by a single source. Why people take a number posted by the media, not even as a fact, and then let it become a fact after that I don't know. It only takes one media outlet to say a number. The rest will run with it and it will stick unless club officials say something (which they hardly never do).

It might have been 10 million. Might have been 12. Might have been 2 million and then 1 million after 5 or 10 or every 5 or 10 games. Might be the reason why he didn't play at all if that was the case.

He was a shit transfer no matter what the fee was. The higher the fee, the slightly more shit it was but it hardly matters at the end of the day.

roykeane19

why did he flop so hard?
In SAF`s last 2-3 years, he made some pretty shit transfers, one of reasons since his retirement, squad is in such a mess. SAF no doubt the best manager ever but his final squad where mainly the legends on their lst legs, where he got every bit of qulaity out of our players in his final season, ie evra, vidic, ferdinand, scholes, giggs

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Why are we selling him now? Why not in the summer? He's on loan until the end of the season, so why leave ourselves open to hm actually performing against us later this season for a lousy £3 million that we can get anyway in the summer?? There's no upside to us that I can see; he can go in the summer.

Santos J

He was believed to have cost that by a single source. Why people take a number posted by the media, not even as a fact, and then let it become a fact after that I don't know. It only takes one media outlet to say a number. The rest will run with it and it will stick unless club officials say something (which they hardly never do).

It might have been 10 million. Might have been 12. Might have been 2 million and then 1 million after 5 or 10 or every 5 or 10 games. Might be the reason why he didn't play at all if that was the case.

He was a shit transfer no matter what the fee was. The higher the fee, the slightly more shit it was but it hardly matters at the end of the day.
The £10m up front was from the BBC, it's as good as 'fact' you're gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.