Wilfried Zaha

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Would he want to come back? Didn't he hate Manchester and feel depressed here? Always seems to play like he wants to stick it to us whenever we play them.

I can't see anyone paying £80m for him. He's a good player, but he's not that good. Even with the crazy market now, he's a £50m player at most.

AaronRedDevil

Would he want to come back? Didn't he hate Manchester and feel depressed here? Always seems to play like he wants to stick it to us whenever we play them.

I can't see anyone paying £80m for him. He's a good player, but he's not that good. Even with the crazy market now, he's a £50m player at most.
It was mostly down to Moyes being a twat.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

If Pepe cost 70M, there is no way Zaha will go lower than that.

Varun

Staff
Or it was down to Zaha not earning a place in the team?

He's not worth anywhere near what they are asking for.
Did he even get minutes to earn anything?

I wouldn't him back mind. Has evolved into a player at his best when he's roaming around and does his best work centrally.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We'd get him cheaper than anyone else - but I very much doubt we are in for him.

mu4c_20le

True. If anyone is gonna pay it it'd probably be United. Arsenal won't now they've forked out for Pepe. Do Everton have that sort of wedge to throw around?
Nope, and with days left in the window its gonna end in tears for both club and player if they want to play hardball.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I’d like him back. Great attacking option.

starman

Transfer request to who though? no way Arsenal stump up the sort of cash Palace want, after signing Pepe. Cant see Everton paying it nor do i reckon he want to go there only with a slight hope of CL football. Maybe United will come in, 60m will do it, given the 25% discount....Only other is PSG who could afford and might want him, Neymar depending

red4ever 79

Imagine handing in a transfer request last day of the window. Pointless. If he really wanted out should have done it at the start of the summer. Everton want him but dont think they can afford him. Any resident eagles fans on here know how much Palace want?

Art Vandelay

Did he even get minutes to earn anything?

I wouldn't him back mind. Has evolved into a player at his best when he's roaming around and does his best work centrally.
Two managers in a row didn't play him, he flopped on loan to Cardiff and only Palace seemed to be interested when he was leaving on the cheap. It seems he didn't earn the chance on the training pitch and didn't take it when at Cardiff. I just don't think it's fair blaming Moyes for the player's own failings, there's a lot to blame him for, but I don't think Zaha is one of them.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It's interesting... The video of him wearing a Bailly shirt... Handing in a transfer request to play at a 'higher level'... It doesn't really make sense to do that, just to go to Everton.

We need a RW attacker, he's also another option up-front.

He would be a great choice if he wants to come back. He wasn't given a fair chance to begin with.

Sp00ks11

This would be a good signing. All that faffing around with unrealistic targets that won't come and players like Zaha are right under our noses.

starman

Muppet mode, so obligatory youtube...

AM9 MR10 WZ11 :devil: Perfect signing if he was predominantly a right winger..

A9X SJ

Would be a cracking signing by far Palace's best player if it wasn't for him I reckon they would have been relegated

Must be something in the pipeline to hand a request in now ?

Fer

I’d like him back. Great attacking option.
Does he play more as a right winger? I have seen Zaha play mainly on the left, similar to Hazard/Neymar/Coutinho/Mane/Sane/Sanchez/Martial/Neres. All of them could play on the right, but they are better on the left IMO.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Does he play more as a right winger? I have seen Zaha play mainly on the left, similar to Hazard/Neymar/Coutinho/Mane/Sane/Sanchez/Martial/Neres. All of them could play on the right, but they are better on the left IMO.
He’s pretty much only played there and in a free role up front. We could go 442 with our lack of midfield options. 451 of sorts.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He’s pretty much only played there and in a free role up front. We could go 442 with our lack of midfield options. 451 of sorts.
We would actually begin to look dangerous up-front if he came back.

Martial - Rashford - Zaha looks very sexy :drool:

youmeletsfly

Zaha would improve us, that's value right there.

Yes he has an odd style of running and crazy hair but he's a level above all our attacking players. (jesus this sounds so weird, a Palace player being a level above our attacking players bar Pogba, yak)

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He seems to pop up anywhere across the front, could be some good movement with Martial and Rashford if we went for him. I still feel he doesn't score the goals that his ability demands, but nevertheless, I wouldn't say no if we went for him, I feel that he possibly would want to lay the ghosts of his first foray at OT. He's a lot more experienced, has played in Africa, so used to being away, and has a buddy in AWB already at the club. We will see, it may give Greenwood a bit more breathing space to get into the first team more gradually, don't think physically Mason should play too many games at his young age while still growing. Still want to see him performing for United in 15 years time.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He seems to pop up anywhere across the front, could be some good movement with Martial and Rashford if we went for him. I still feel he doesn't score the goals that his ability demands, but nevertheless, I wouldn't say no if we went for him, I feel that he possibly would want to lay the ghosts of his first foray at OT. He's a lot more experienced, has played in Africa, so used to being away, and has a buddy in AWB already at the club. We will see.
Don't forget Bailly who plays for Ivory Coast with him. He had a Bailly top on a few days ago.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Not sure about him offering the end product we desperately lack, but he gets bums off seats.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Imagine handing in a transfer request last day of the window. Pointless. If he really wanted out should have done it at the start of the summer. Everton want him but dont think they can afford him. Any resident eagles fans on here know how much Palace want?
Really disappointed in Wilf. We agreed last summer that we’d let him go if a reasonable offer came in but it’s not just financial, a reasonable offer does not come the day before deadline day with no opportunity to replace him...we haven’t even replaced AWB yet for god’s sake. If I were Parish I would not sell at all now, but suspect we may accept £80m plus if it’s up front.

Still hoping you come in for him to be honest, would be much more palatable than Everton which really is a nothing move.

AJ10

Not really bright is he? Transfer request with a day to go, not when Arsenal were interested.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There must be something bubbling away for this.

But Arsenal have bought a pricey alternative.
Everton seem to have moved onto Iwobi?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Handing in a transfer request is all well and good, but if you're priced out of the market (which he currently seems to be), i can't see him going. Just going to create a bit of an atmosphere between him and the club/fans now if he ends up staying.

Unless Palace are willing to accept a smaller fee. Which they don't seem to be interested in doing.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
He has been poorly advised by his agent this summer, who incidentally was more than happy to trouser his share of the new contract last year. His agent also failed to negotiate a release clause in that contract knowing full well that a sell-on clause exists between us which would obviously drive up the fee when it came to selling him. I also don’t consider £80m pricing him out of a move when you just paid that for Slabhead.

Hope we play hardball on this one, think he’d get his head back down before long as I do know he has great affection for the club. He can do better than Everton and he can get a better agent than Salthouse.

Irwin99

So... why didn't we included a buyback clause? Poor business.
Aside from the rubbish that was said about him when Moyes was here there were a few rumours that his attitude really wasn't great on LVG's first preseason tour. Maybe the club thought he was never going to be a top player worth buying back? Having said that, we did include a buy back for januzaj and Depay

Would be a good signing for Everton and Arsenal if they could work out a deal but looks way too costly.

Adnandos

British, runs fast, will want to play for the club, would not be surprised whatsoever if we sign him based on our activity this window.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
British, runs fast, will want to play for the club, would not be surprised whatsoever if we sign him based on our activity this window.
Rashford & Martial are diabolical from the right. Zaha can fill the gaping void there. Then Rashford & Martial will have more space to be more effective. It makes a lot more sense to sign Zaha than you realise.

mu4c_20le

Aside from the rubbish that was said about him when Moyes was here there were a few rumours that his attitude really wasn't great on LVG's first preseason tour. Maybe the club thought he was never going to be a top player worth buying back? Having said that, we did include a buy back for januzaj and Depay
It is more likely that Palace refused to entertain such a clause.