Wilfried Zaha

Rockets Redglare

Him and Depay should still be here, both barely got a chance and were bombed out for a pittance whilst we persist with absolute gash.

Clubs a fecking joke!
Depay was absolutely terrible though, he played enough for anyone to see he wasn’t good enough.

Cheekiey

Involved in all 5 goals yesterday, I think us and Arsenal will be in for him

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That run where he jumps out of one challenge and stays on his feet when a defender tries to push him off the ball was pretty spectacular. I've only ever seen old Ronaldo do that.

I'd very happily take him back.

Welbeckham

I don’t know what Zaha doing well has to do with Depay, and kettingein him go. He’s not really lighting up Ligue 1 at the age of 25, he’ll never be a world class winger, probably a good striker in the right set-up.

Zaha on the other hand could be useful, but I don’t think he seems like a realistic signing for us, because of the current state of this club and his nightmarish past here.

Kostov

2 weeks ago you had football experts claiming they'd still have Lingard over Zaha. You had to laugh at the Cafe sometimes.

He's at his level. His end product isnt much better than it was when he joined us, but everything goes through him at Palace so he gets lots of chances to try again and again.

The talent is there, if he'd player under SAF who knows what he could have been, but he doesn't have the mental side and at his age its unlikely he ever will.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
I always wanted Zaha back.
He's a player who isn't afraid to go at full backs and the whole defence'

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Min 70m. 25% for us. That would be 50- 55m for us.

Worth it. Just go for it.

beergod

He's at his level. His end product isnt much better than it was when he joined us, but everything goes through him at Palace so he gets lots of chances to try again and again.

The talent is there, if he'd player under SAF who knows what he could have been, but he doesn't have the mental side and at his age its unlikely he ever will.
I feel the same way. He's far too wasteful to play at a club where he isn't the main focus.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I do wonder how he'd have done had Sir Alex stayed on. Powell, too, I guess.

Champagne Football

Every single top 5 club along with Dortmund have been at some point genuinely interested in signing him over the last couple of years.

He's the most exciting dribbler in the league but his end product is inconsistent. He's coming into his prime and maybe at a bigger club he could find that extra level. You look at Raheem Sterling who was an inconsistent winger for years before finding consistency, and maybe Zaha can do the same.

NoPace

Arsenal makes sense, he could be their first choice winger when they play anything but 3-5-2 up top and when they do do that, he'd be their 3rd striker behind Auba and Lacazette so they don't have to spend money on a 3rd choice striker, and give them a proper scary bench option to dribble at tiring defenders or be a threat on the break.

Even could play him as an old-fashioned winger on the right trying to get the ball into their strikers:

Aubameyang--Lacazette-------------
-----------------Ozil--------------Zaha

nyanza

Min 70m. 25% for us. That would be 50- 55m for us.

Worth it. Just go for it.
Doubt they will be happy with 50-55m though unless he pushes for transfer himself and there are no indications for that happening so far.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
He really should be playing in a better team. Don't think Arsenal have the budget but Utd/Spurs could use him.

C'est Moi Cantona

To me at 25 % less than anyone else would have to pay then it's a no brainer, but are we now beneath Zaha? He who laughs last and all that.

nyanza

Really? 75m valuation is low?
That's not what they'll receive though. It's not about whether or not he's worth that, it's about If they want 75m for example, they will just set a 100m price. I just don't see them giving him up for 50 million (~75 million offer) as it's quetionable whether they would be able to properly replace him even if they use all of that money. While there are a lot of better players than him, Palace's list of possible targets would be way smaller than that of a top 6 club for example. And then there's the risk of his replacement flopping.

I may be wrong of course, I just don't see them being desperate enough for 50m to lose their best player and bother finding alternatives with all the risks involved. Unless, again, he tries to force a move.

bond19821982

That's not what they'll receive though. It's not about whether or not he's worth that, it's about If they want 75m for example, they will just set a 100m price. I just don't see them giving him up for 50 million (~75 million offer) as it's quetionable whether they would be able to properly replace him even if they use all of that money. While there are a lot of better players than him, Palace's list of possible targets would be way smaller than that of a top 6 club for example. And then there's the risk of his replacement flopping.

I may be wrong of course, I just don't see them being desperate enough for 50m to lose their best player and bother finding alternatives with all the risks involved. Unless, again, he tries to force a move.
No one is buying him for 100m . Period.

JK-27

Why are we suddenly interested in Zaha? If he was that good he would have broken through when we first had him. If he was that good how come in the last 4 years since he left Utd not a single other club has made a serious effort to buy him from Palace? They'd sell him at the drop of a hat, they need the money, yet no other club has tried to buy him.

Shows you have far we've fallen when he is spoken about as a potential saviour for us.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I really like him tbh. Is his inconsistency still a thing this season or has he been very productive?

Walters_19_MuFc

Incredible is Hazard or Mane.
That's your opinion and I respect that.

Actually, I'd say Zaha is doing similar things to what Mane was doing at Southampton before his move to Liverpool.

It remains to be seen whether Zaha can make that step or not, but to me he's at the stage where he should at least be given a chance.

buckooo1978

Actually, I'd say Zaha is doing similar things to what Mane was doing at Southampton before his move to Liverpool.

It remains to be seen whether Zaha can make that step or not, but to me he's at the stage where he should at least be given a chance.
read my mind! was just about to post this

wonder will he be interested in leaving London again given his previous experience

Walters_19_MuFc

Everything I'm seeing in here is exactly what I was seeing when people said Mane wasnt good enough.

It might be the case that a 'top' club takes a punt at Zaha and it doesn't quite work out, but its certainly worth taking the risk, in my opinion.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

Think Mane showed better movement and finishing then Zaha has shown. He's still very hit and miss in front of goal.

Walters_19_MuFc

read my mind! was just about to post this

wonder will he be interested in leaving London again given his previous experience
Who knows? He's a lot more mature now so it might not be a problem for him. Not sure he'd come back United, though.

Most likely end up at Spurs.

bond19821982

Mane was a lot better at a high pressing Southampton . His experience with southampton is one of the reason why he fits perfectly in Klopps system.

Zaha - i really can't make up my mind. At times he is Hazard level but then he is championship level. Very inconsistent . Can't be worse than our forwards though .

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Don't kid yourself we'd pay 25% less than others. The moment our offer comes, the inevitable Manchester United Circus Club tax will come into play which, in turn, will equalize things. I'd say Palace would look at Lukaku fee from us, after 25%.