Wilfried Zaha

Cheekiey

Been on fire lately and has 8 Goals and 5 assists this so far season (5 in his last 5 games). Saw no recent thread on him so here we are. Looking like this will be his highest goal scoring season, his previous highest being last year with 9 goals and 5 assist mainly playing as a CF. This season he's been playing mainly on the Left and as a second striker but more recently had a free role on the Right vs Burnley where he looked devastating.

https://yfl.videostreamlet.net/embed/pjDawWRicN

Here is an interview that I recently came across which is from 2017/18, seems a very humble person and comes across well, also speaks very highly of United. A shame it didn't turn out well for him here, Right Club, Wrong timing, Wrong Manager.

Edit: help mods? link not working

Edit 2: Thanks ;)

Last edited:

Negan

I know everyone wants Sancho but I honestly think Zaha would be immense under Solskjær in this team.

If we could get both and ship out Sanchez/Mata to free up space and wages, that would be ideal.

Cheekiey

I know everyone wants Sancho but I honestly think Zaha would be immense under Solskjær in this team.

If we could get both and ship out Sanchez/Mata to free up space and wages, that would be ideal.
Completely agree with you, Also he is a player who can play anywhere across the front 3 and still perform well is quite rare, Zaha and Sancho would be unreal

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Never should have been sold. SAF's last piece of business and wasted by Moyes/LVG. Not sure how we can buy a player one year, barely use him, and then sell him back the next year at half the price. He was a young prospect. A loan deal should have been made if any deal at all. Management dropped the ball on this one...

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
He would be the perfect winger for every team in the Premier League. Really like him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is lot better winger than what his stats show.

Kostov

He is a very good player that I would love to have back in a United shirt. He should be a back up plan for Sancho in the summer.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Seems to have developed/be developing well. Was always talented, of course, but he signed for United at the wrong time as SAF was stepping down.

Didn't Palace want over 60m for him in the summer when Spurs enquired?

Probably the going rate for an invaluable player to them.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He'll be heavily sought after in the summer again but he's still got 3 years left of his contract so Palace have a strong negotiation position. He's going to cost a lot but many top teams with a lot of money could use him. Basically everyone besides City should be interested.

Cantonaaa!

Would fit into our squad nicely now. Just lacks a little bit of Ole-wisdom in the box and he's pretty complete as a player.

To buy a player two times and see them failing two times would be pretty awkward though, especially since he won't cost 10m this time around..

FujiVice

Arsenal cant afford him, City dont need him, Spurs cant afford what they already have, Liverpool have their 3 forward players, Chelsea cant buy anyone. So unless we want him, which I cant see, its up to the likes of Everton who have money, but arent a top side. Never been a worse time to be the type of player Zaha is.

Cheekiey

Really think he'd make that right side his own too, played most of his career on the right, could see him slotting in perfectly in our squad

Walters_19_MuFc

Arsenal cant afford him, City dont need him, Spurs cant afford what they already have, Liverpool have their 3 forward players, Chelsea cant buy anyone. So unless we want him, which I cant see, its up to the likes of Everton who have money, but arent a top side. Never been a worse time to be the type of player Zaha is.
What about other teams around Europe?

Cheekiey

I'm a big fan but thought he was pretty wasteful today. Did too much and ended up losing it most of the time.
yeah that's true, he wasn't at his best today but then you also have to look at his teamates, place Zaha in Ole's team I think you'd see him go up a level, just my opinion

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Its REALLY interesting to see peoples opinions on Zaha these past couple of seasons, especially from certain members who wrote him off under Moyes and were behind him being sold as he was “not ever going to be good enough for the top level” and had “an appaling attitude”.

And here we are today.

Imagine if we hadnt been so short sighted and actually coached him on, we would have an extremely capable wide player for a bargain price.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Since when has City not needing someone in a position ever stopped them from signing players?

Cheekiey

Its REALLY interesting to see peoples opinions on Zaha these past couple of seasons, especially from certain members who wrote him off under Moyes and were behind him being sold as he was “not ever going to be good enough for the top level” and had “an appaling attitude”.

And here we are today.

Imagine if we hadnt been so short sighted and actually coached him on, we would have an extremely capable wide player for a bargain price.
Moyes didn't give him a chance, I remember reading he only got a total 2 apps for us in the prem (28mins worth), 1 league cup game (78mins) and the community shield game (61mins). So 167 mins first team action is enough for moyes to in him off... Okay, the fact is that he never actually did bad, pre season i remember him rinsing LB's think he scored and got a few assists.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see what you guys find in him. He's not too six, nowhere near and I'd have Lingard anytime. The far more intelligent player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see what you guys find in him. He's not too six, nowhere near and I'd have Lingard anytime. The far more intelligent player.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dortmund are interested apparently.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Should have kept him. We needed a right winger before, during and after he was here yet we sold him anyway.

joedirt87

I think he is at the appropriate level, big fish small pond. Talented but wouldn’t make the gap to a big English club or a top club abroad.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Occasion got to him today, far too selfish and head down which he always was up to 2017.

I do think he's improved his end product a lot in 18 months.

Question for me is whether he can be disciplined enough to play a wide role at a top club as he's obviously the star at Palace so always gets the ball from the midfielders.

IrishRedDevil

We sold Zaha (10 goals, 11 assists this season) yet we have the likes of Lingard starting for us.

:(

I’m away to bed.

BlueHaze

He recently said he wants to leave to play CL football. That literally rules us out.

GledTheRed

Him and Depay should still be here, both barely got a chance and were bombed out for a pittance whilst we persist with absolute gash.

Clubs a fecking joke!

IrishRedDevil

Don't forget Rashford in that analogy too
Rashford is only 21 though. We sold Zaha when he was 22. Rashford has a lot to learn but he has time on his side.

Lingard is 26 and simply isn’t good enough. Why is he not being kicked out the door as quick as Zaha was?

Last edited:

izec

Him and Depay should still be here, both barely got a chance and were bombed out for a pittance whilst we persist with absolute gash.

Clubs a fecking joke!
They were inconsistent, but so are Lingard, Martial and Rashford. The difference is they didnt get years to improve like these guys, but got booted out after a season or two with less and less chances. Zaha especially barely got a chance

BlueHaze

We do however have a 25% sell on clause so that means we could get him 25% cheaper.

I know he said he wants to join a club for CL football but I'd make a cheeky bid.

Double raid Palace and get Zaha + AWB. We can offer them players in return as well.