Will Fish

lysglimt

Scout
Dave Seaman, Forrayah Bass, Will Fish, Robert Codner, Steve Guppy, Sonny Pike, Mark Salmon, Jamie Pollock, Oscar, Andy Flounders, Peter Haddock

Surely a fishy team ?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Everyone is a great player in the making but hardly anyone makes it. I'm tired of hearing the same stuff. He isn't the best in the team and nowhere near.

DRM

Reminds me of Mark Fish who played for Charlton

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Everyone is a great player in the making but hardly anyone makes it. I'm tired of hearing the same stuff. He isn't the best in the team and nowhere near.
Bit of a bold statement that. The kid is just 17 and standing up to this level really well.

Whether he'll make it to the first team is hard to know right now but he's certainly very talented. Mengi may have the better physical attributes but he has a lot more errors in him too.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He very much is near the best in the set up. Could even be THE best.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Bit of a bold statement that. The kid is just 17 and standing up to this level really well.

Whether he'll make it to the first team is hard to know right now but he's certainly very talented. Mengi may have the better physical attributes but he has a lot more errors in him too.
You are speaking sense. To claim hes the best defensive talent at the club is preposterous, otherwise he'd be in the first team.

MPTutd

Watched a great video on Twitter of all his involvements in the City game. looked good. Seems a great passer.

Main question - how quick is he on a scale of Maguire to TFM?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Its in the OP?
I still don't think it's a particularly outlandish claim. I rate him higher than Mengi, just about, he and Fish are the two best defensive talents at the club. Unless people think I was including first team players, which I wasn't but I thought people would get that I was talking only referring to academy players.

Mickson

Fish is IMO the POTY for our U23 so far. At 17 and as a CB. Has been better than Mengi, so that says something. His only weakness is that he's not fast. More Maguire than TFM although he's certainly faster than Maguire.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I still don't think it's a particularly outlandish claim. I rate him higher than Mengi, just about, he and Fish are the two best defensive talents at the club. Unless people think I was including first team players, which I wasn't but I thought people would get that I was talking only referring to academy players.
Yeah I wasnt really commenting on the validity of the comment to be honest

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Watched a great video on Twitter of all his involvements in the City game. looked good. Seems a great passer.

Main question - how quick is he on a scale of Maguire to TFM?
He's not quick at all but has shown good composure on the ball in a deeper defensive line.

For what it's worth, I think Willy Kambwala is the most complete young CB we have at the club. He's already physically more capable than Fish at 16 and is also very good on the ball and fantastic in the air. He's strong in a deeper defensive line and is also strong in a higher defensive line. I've watched a number of games he's played for the France youth teams/Sochaux to form this opinion. Sadly he got injured playing for the 23s.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's not quick at all but has shown good composure on the ball in a deeper defensive line.

For what it's worth, I think Willy Kambwala is the most complete young CB we have at the club. He's already physically more capable than Fish at 16 and is also very good on the ball and fantastic in the air. He's strong in a deeper defensive line and is also strong in a higher defensive line. I've watched a number of games he's played for the France youth teams/Sochaux to form this opinion. Sadly he got injured playing for the 23s.
How long is Willy out? Pun not intended

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How long is Willy out? Pun not intended
Not sure mate. It's something I've been trying to find out but sadly with the current situation with Covid it's been difficult to garner any information. Hopefully he's not out for long.

Mark Pawelek

Training with the first team ahead of Granada game. Looks like Tuanzebe starts with Fish on the bench.

Fish is not currently listed in the Europa League squad.

Bailly should be back from COVID isolation before the Granada match. So Fish is just promoted for training purposes.

Last edited:

Mark Pawelek

I'm not bumping an old thread because it's about a specific player, so I don't want to start a new thread on Will Fish when one already exists.

oskarutd

Training with the first team ahead of Granada game. Looks like Tuanzebe starts with Fish on the bench.

Fish is not currently listed in the Europa League squad.

Bailly should be back from COVID isolation before the Granada match. So Fish is just promoted for training purposes.
Enough time to add him to the b-list for Europa League. He will be added and in the squad.

Dante

Average bang
Give Ole a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach Ole how to fish and he'll starve his children.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
U23s is looking promising. I wonder if Ole intends to trawl this talent pool to sort out his defence? I'll get my sou wester...

Falcow

If we could find another player called Have Rod, they would make a great partnership.

Mark Pawelek

If we can graduate another U23 like Will into the 1st team Glazers will look upon him as a goldfish; yet the scales of the problem is immense.

AltiUn

For anyone interested in something other than fish puns, he's been very ropey at times this season. I'm not sure the U23 system caters to the CBs as Mengi looked really poor there but seems to have found his feet, we always concede a few.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For anyone interested in something other than fish puns, he's been very ropey at times this season. I'm not sure the U23 system caters to the CBs as Mengi looked really poor there but seems to have found his feet, we always concede a few.
Not a new catch of the day then?

AltiUn

FatTails

Give Ole a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach Ole how to fish and he'll starve his children.
:lol:

Question is whether Ole Will Fish but not feed the children, or won’t fish altogether?