Will Liverpool’s 19th first division title have any effect on United’s transfer spending?

Havak

Pokemon master
Short answer is no.

We have an ongoing project that will still run at the same speed regardless of who wins the league out of Liverpool & Man City. I think from every perspective, the board/club is correct to assume that at best we finish 3rd behind these two teams in the near future. Aim higher, but be realistic. If we are to finish 2nd or even 1st next season for example, that is overachieving at the current point we're at and we will not spend significantly more money in an attempt to stop Liverpool matching our 20. That is somewhat ridiculous to think, in my opinion.

OleTheGreat

Although it is Liverpool's 19th First Division Title, it is just their first in the Premier League and i think the United board will not make any rash decisions over the title victory. Although i hope they do go for the intended targets like Grealish, Sancho and maybe Kalidou. It hurts to not win a title for 7 years, regardless of who won them during this time. We need to keep the progress up and need to get closer to the top. We definitely should not sink below 4th in the forthcoming years and should be part of the UCL every year. That way we'll gain huge experience and players will learn fresh and newer ways to break teams. Although we have a good squad now, we just still cannot play a pattern and free flowing football. It is slow and boring until the likes of Bruno, Rashford, Pogba or Martial doing something about it. We need the whole team to contribute in making goals and only then can we really look forward to titles. There is still a long way to go but i think Ole has done everything in his power to get the first few things perfect. He will get us progressing faster and our team will gel very quickly. Buy a few players this summer and get the group accustomed to them and their ways of playing soon. We need a title in the next 3 years at the least with or without Ole. With Ole would be lovely though, he deserves it. So much patience in the guy, i love it!

devlinadl

If anything, aren’t the board going to take this as proof that it is possible to get to the top without spending extravagantly?

el3mel

If anything, aren’t the board going to take this as proof that it is possible to get to the top without spending extravagantly?
Liverpool reached the top after spending crazy money on VVD and Alisson.

devlinadl

Liverpool reached the top after spending crazy money on VVD and Alisson.
Which were paid for by selling Coutinho. Would you be happy for the board to adopt the same approach and sell, say, Rashford, to buy a defender?

BB King

I know I’m new here but is it normal to shit on untied and the manager?

midnightmare

What Pogs is the new lingard :lol: Youth he's bloody 27.

Why would the richest club in the world have to sell to buy ? And Chelsea have already spent 50 odd and still have money, as they had no sales bar Kovacic which was a loan turned deal last July.
Pipe down youngling. I’m going to assume you don’t understand the language well enough. Youth does not equate to young. Scholes at 35 remained a product of our youth system. Pogba at 35 will remain one too.

And read that part again. It doesn’t even refer to City having to sell to buy. Nor to Chelsea. I really have no clue what you’re on about.