Will Liverpool ever lose a home league game again under Klopp?

PoTMS

I would like to start a GoFundMe page for the OP. Great work.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wonder what the odds would have been on 6 in a row!!

Josh 76

Apparently if you bet £100 on Burnley win and kept putting all the winnings on the visiting side at Anfield you'd have £3.8m by now.
People would have cashed out well before the Fulham game.

el3mel

Funniest thing about this is it was impossible to predict back then when they defeated Spurs then put 7 against Palace leading the table by 6 straight points.

If you told anyone back then they'll lose 6 straight home games and get only 3 points out of 21 or something, they would have laughed their arse off on you.

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
The topic title is outdated, will liverpool ever WIN a home game again under klopp.

Okey

It's officially the Dortmund saga now isn't it? I'm not having the injuries effect. The team look done. Never getting back to what they were the last 2 seasons, even when everyone returns. Time to start again.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
@Klopper76 keen to hear your thoughts further to our debates in December/January. Warming to my points that this Klopp side has peaked yet?
Yeah I am now. Back in December/January I thought this was a blip made worse by injuries, but this run is clearly the sign of a team at the end of its cycle.

It’s not just the results either, it’s the performances. We look tired and get physically out done every time we play. We don’t even look like scoring at Anfield any time we play.

Klopp needs to refresh the team in the summer but it’ll be hard without Champions League football to offer.

Gasolin

They have lost 6 games at home straight or something like that, no? 4 wins and 8 losses in 12 games in all competition, 3 wins and 7 losses in the EPL only in the last 10 games.
They are never recovering, and I hope they stay out of top 4 just for the fun.

They will probably be better next year.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Surely one of the greatest jinx threads of all time.

Absolutely epic.

Jonno

Yeah I am now. Back in December/January I thought this was a blip made worse by injuries, but this run is clearly the sign of a team at the end of its cycle.

It’s not just the results either, it’s the performances. We look tired and get physically out done every time we play. We don’t even look like scoring at Anfield any time we play.

Klopp needs to refresh the team in the summer but it’ll be hard without Champions League football to offer.
I feel the issue is now his ego and stubbornness is costing you games. It's quite criminal to allow a Liverpool side be set up so vulnerable in defence - as in no matter which defence he puts out he gets them playing on the half way line and weaker teams simply put balls round the defence or over the defence, and it's almost Sunday league level tactics. He needed to change his style much earlier. I heard from my Scouse mate apparently you played a deeper line pre-Van Dyck, why hasn't he looked to switch back?

There comes a point where a manager can become detrimental to a club, I feel Klopp is there with Liverpool now. I suppose you can write this season off, finish 5th-8th and just try to put everything into next season, but most of your core players appear run into the ground, peaked, out of ideas. 3 more Jota-type signings needed I think, to put life back into the team. I know Touchel is enjoying a new manager bounce, but he will get Chelsea into the CL, it might be worth exploring new managers?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
There comes a point where a manager can become detrimental to a club, I feel Klopp is there with Liverpool now. I suppose you can write this season off, finish 5th-8th and just try to put everything into next season, but most of your core players appear run into the ground, peaked, out of ideas. 3 more Jota-type signings needed I think, to put life back into the team. I know Touchel is enjoying a new manager bounce, but he will get Chelsea into the CL, it might be worth exploring new managers?
Jota cost them £40m, they don't have £120m to spend, especially now that Covid has hit every club's income hard and they look likely to miss out on CL football next season, so losing that money will also hurt.They could sell to buy, but clubs won't want to spend much until Covid is out of the way. They got lucky that Barca spent so much on Coutinho, which allowed them to have more money to spend.

Scriblerus

I had a very unexpected experience watching Klopp's post match interview yesterday - I felt sorry for him. The guy looks like he's been hit by a bus - which then reversed back over him to make sure the job was done. Partisanship aside (and I bow to no-one in my dislike of Liverpool FC) he's a decent bloke who looks utterly lost at the moment. A lot of Scousers on social media already saying tis time to ditch him when he has surely earned the chance to rebuild. Y N W A my arse. Wednesday night could be very interesting.

Jonno

Jota cost them £40m, they don't have £120m to spend, especially now that Covid has hit every club's income hard and they look likely to miss out on CL football next season, so losing that money will also hurt.They could sell to buy, but clubs won't want to spend much until Covid is out of the way. They got lucky that Barca spent so much on Coutinho, which allowed them to have more money to spend.
Agreed, for this reason, I think it's cheaper to re-boot under a new manager than to let Klopp re-invest. Plan A doesn't work and he won't change it. Small teams all play off the same basic blueprint. Weather the storm for 30 mins, ping balls over their weak defence, create the best chances, defend deep and timewaste. If he could simply change his plan A, surprise teams, get goals, confidence back, they could make the top 4.

Put Touchel in at Liverpool right now, and they'd no doubt be just as good as Chelsea.

Superden

just shows the fickle nature of modern 'fans'. for what he's given them over the last 3 seasons and then to turn on him now....no doubt the same ones who said give him the job for life last season. modern life is rubbish.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I think this might be overdoing it a bit, it could be what they need more than anything is a break. You can't underestimate the effect of no real summer break and a condensed season has on players, especially ones who play in such a high intensity set up like Liverpool's. The Euros won't help them much this summer.

I think they are just knackered, they remind me of United when fatigue hit after the PSG win in Ole's fist half season.

Jonno

I think this might be overdoing it a bit, it could be what they need more than anything is a break. You can't underestimate the effect of no real summer break and a condensed season has on players, especially ones who play in such a high intensity set up like Liverpool's. The Euros won't help them much this summer.

I think they are just knackered, they remind me of United when fatigue hit after the PSG win in Ole's fist half season.
They certainly are, but they all are. It's a level playing field. 8th place is a false position, though, they're top 4 standard and I think that's where they'll be next season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

The sort of players we scout and buy are never dependent on CL football anyway (Mane, Salah, Firmino, Jota, etc). The sort of big players that we would love and but would require CL football are always out of our price/wages range (jokingly Mbappe, Haaland, Sancho).

Up and coming players will want that instant improvement only Klopp can provide (again example of Salah) rather than other CL qualified managers. Those will be out targets again. We'll need some money so probably sell one of Mane or Salah.