Will Liverpool ever lose a home league game again under Klopp?

Red & White

I still can’t believe how they’ve folded like this. It’s such a beautiful thing.

Sylar

Its amazing how much mentality can maka a difference. 4 years unbeaten where the away team at Anfield in many cases had given up before the ball was kicked and now teams show up there smelling blood
Its like when we defeated Arsenal and ended their 49 game streak.

I think Klopp will and should get this year as a free hit. And maybe even next year if they dont invest much (on top of missing missing CL).
After 2 seasons (this and next) then that third season he needs to at least have them challenging and in the top 4.

Somebody asked what they would feel if Ole did what he did (CL then the league) and had a season like this. Id happily say he should get this season (I mean they might still get into Europa and still have CL which they should get into the next round).
And then id be happy to see him get the whole of next season too (unless they are close to relegation)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Will they ever win a home game again?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I feel the issue is now his ego and stubbornness is costing you games. It's quite criminal to allow a Liverpool side be set up so vulnerable in defence - as in no matter which defence he puts out he gets them playing on the half way line and weaker teams simply put balls round the defence or over the defence, and it's almost Sunday league level tactics. He needed to change his style much earlier. I heard from my Scouse mate apparently you played a deeper line pre-Van Dyck, why hasn't he looked to switch back?

There comes a point where a manager can become detrimental to a club, I feel Klopp is there with Liverpool now. I suppose you can write this season off, finish 5th-8th and just try to put everything into next season, but most of your core players appear run into the ground, peaked, out of ideas. 3 more Jota-type signings needed I think, to put life back into the team. I know Touchel is enjoying a new manager bounce, but he will get Chelsea into the CL, it might be worth exploring new managers?
I think he's trying to figure out a way of playing that'll get us through the season with what we have. We're definitely struggling against low blocks more than we ever have.

I think because of what he's achieved at Liverpool already he deserves another shot next season. We'd be mad to get rid now. Who comes in? Gerrard? That's a gamble and a half right now. You could try a young coach from the continent but again, Klopp's a safer option. If we go into next season and we're still struggling with Van Dijk & co back, it'll be worth a rethink.

With Klopp there our pulling power even without Champions League is still ok. Without him I think even players like Jota might think twice.

piesel

I think this is an unprecedented thing for a big club?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Samid on Dec.04.2020. said:
4.5 years and 64 games since they last tasted defeat at home. Opposition teams are petrified before they even enter the pitch at Anfield..
December 4th you wrote this!!!
:eek:
That is something around 85-90 days ago!?!
Congratulation, excelent job!
Can you do similar with City? :angel:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Crowds are back and the refs are back to giving every single decision in their favor. Refs aren't even trying to hide it.

They'll go unbeaten at home again. 18W-1D is my guess.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Crowds are back and the refs are back to giving every single decision in their favor. Refs aren't even trying to hide it.

They'll go unbeaten at home again. 18W-1D is my guess.
Yeah it’s ridiculous how much Taylor is swayed by the crowd. Weak as piss.

El Zoido

Penalty and red were correct today. But regardless, they basically never have a decision go against them at Anfield. It’s a huge advantage.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'd love it if 10 men Chelsea beat Liverpool at anfield tbf.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They're losing today.
Ole Sandikan is having a strangely visionary day of predictions.

Fox outside the box

Yeah it’s ridiculous how much Taylor is swayed by the crowd. Weak as piss.
But he didn't call it? The incident happened and VAR pulled him back. He ultimately made the correct decision to award a penalty.

No idea what you pair are on about. Do you think it clearly wasn't a penalty or something? This sort of nonsense is so petty, we had it for years. Every decision, regardless of it being correct or not was immediately "paid refs" or some other spin of that kind.

M Bison

Supports
York City
But he didn't call it? The incident happened and VAR pulled him back. He ultimately made the correct decision to award a penalty.

No idea what you pair are on about. Do you think it clearly wasn't a penalty or something? This sort of nonsense is so petty, we had it for years. Every decision, regardless of it being correct or not was immediately "paid refs" or some other spin of that kind.
was about to say the same, not sure which decisions he’s bottled/been biased on tbh…

edit: Fabinho should definitely have been booked in fairness.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I didn’t even mention the penalty.

Not a single yellow for Liverpool despite their 12 fouls to Chelsea’s 4. Fabinho has had 5 fouls worthy of a yellow ignored.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
12th man (guy in black) making the difference for them yet again at home.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Not with these refs. Hope Guardiola let them hear it. Three clear yellows for Milner.
Swings and roundabouts.

Fernandinho and Milner.

It happens. Finish the cereal. Don't add any more tears to it.

Rossa

Swings and roundabouts.

Fernandinho and Milner.

It happens. Finish the cereal. Don't add any more tears to it.
Fernandinho should notmally have a red every match he plays. Fabinho a yellow at the very least.

Today was simply atrocious from the ref. First he gives nothing for the tackle/incident on Foden early on. Then he proceeds to give a City player a yellow for a carbon copy of a tackle, albeit in the middle of the pitch, so less serious. Then he doesn’t give a yellow for that last tackle on Foden, yet Fabinho receives a yellow for a much softer challenge in the middle of the pitch.
it happens, but it still piss poor refereeing that you benefitted from.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Fernandinho should notmally have a red every match he plays. Fabinho a yellow at the very least.

Today was simply atrocious from the ref. First he gives nothing for the tackle/incident on Foden early on. Then he proceeds to give a City player a yellow for a carbon copy of a tackle, albeit in the middle of the pitch, so less serious. Then he doesn’t give a yellow for that last tackle on Foden, yet Fabinho receives a yellow for a much softer challenge in the middle of the pitch.
it happens, but it still piss poor refereeing that you benefitted from.
I agree we benefitted from the ref today. Doesn't happen often. But these things even themselves out, right?

Rossa

I agree we benefitted from the ref today. Doesn't happen often. But these things even themselves out, right?
Well. We all like to say that when we benefit from it. United have certainly benefitted from it in the past. Over a decade I’m sure it evens out, but we can see how susceptible refs are to comments from certain managers, such as Klopp’s comments on United and penalties last season. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Well. We all like to say that when we benefit from it. United have certainly benefitted from it in the past. Over a decade I’m sure it evens out, but we can see how susceptible refs are to comments from certain managers, such as Klopp’s comments on United and penalties last season. Coincidence? I doubt it.
Same thing Ferguson used to do. So evened itself out over the decades, as you say. And Klopp wasn't wrong btw. How Klopp got into Bruno's head is 4D chess though. ;)

arthurka

Good teams get things that the smaller teams don't get, don't get defensive about it. Don't make excuses just wear it proudly.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
So Liverpool are the only unbeaten team in the league. Today could have changed that, maybe should have. Just saying because it's not being talked about enough.

Rossa

Same thing Ferguson used to do. So evened itself out over the decades, as you say. And Klopp wasn't wrong btw. How Klopp got into Bruno's head is 4D chess though. ;)
Yeah, that was some spooky voodo shite going on right there. Must have a Bruno doll in his attic. What was Klopp right about? And how did he get away with that, alongside most of his antics? Mourinho was punished for opening his mouth.

The Purley King

So Liverpool are the only unbeaten team in the league. Today could have changed that, maybe should have. Just saying because it's not being talked about enough.
Should have with a competent referee yes you are correct.
+1 to you.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Should have with a competent referee yes you are correct.
+1 to you.
How would Milner going off with 15 mins left have changed the scoreline? We would have gone ultra defensive like Chelsea when they had 10 men for a whole half. Our naive long ball attack and pushing up Gomez was what cost us goals. That wouldn't have happened with 10 men.