Will Liverpool ever lose a home league game again under Klopp?

Big Andy

Bloke
The thing that annoys me is you can't even see them getting beat. We go to Watford away and you can easily see them doing us over. Liverpool go there and you can't envisage anything other than a comfortable victory. At the moment, they are everything that we are not, and it's fecking horrible.

They just don't seem to really lose games, and they're going to walk the title this year by a country mile.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The thing that annoys me is you can't even see them getting beat. We go to Watford away and you can easily see them doing us over. Liverpool go there and you can't envisage anything other than a comfortable victory. At the moment, they are everything that we are not, and it's fecking horrible.

They just don't seem to really lose games, and they're going to walk the title this year by a country mile.
Chelsea look as strong as we do and City is right on our heels despite their "struggles". We are definitely in with a great shout but I don't think any team will walk the title race this season.

Chief123

They look brilliant again this season. It always felt like it was a huge relief for them to capture top 4 spot last season to finish a very difficult season with the best they could have wished for in the circumstances. I don't think they had any expectations of winning the league once VVD got injured followed by Gomez a week later. So for them to clinch 4th was amazing for them. I think when Klopp finishes his time at Liverpool, his greatest ever achievement at Liverpool will be last season where they had an incredible finish to the season to get that 4th spot being so far behind with only 10 games to go. Of course, the trophy winning seasons are the ones that will get remembered.

What I find very bizarre is how most pundits and fans had Liverpool not even in the equation for the league title this season. Most predictions I heard was Liverpool to finish 4th and Utd, Chelsea and City to challenge for the league. Considering Liverpool probably have the best balanced first XI in the whole league and effectively feeling like they signed 4 centre backs this summer, they were always going to be a threat.

GlasgowCeltic

Tielemans and Raphinha/ASM seem obvious summer targets for them to continue as they are. I'm sure they'll have more creative targets in mind though.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Chelsea look as strong as we do and City is right on our heels despite their "struggles". We are definitely in with a great shout but I don't think any team will walk the title race this season.
yeah, we threw another stinker in on Saturday but managed the win, if we can be within touching distance of Liverpool come mid Jan we'll have a great chance but my worry is we'll be 6-9 points behind by that stage. Only thing is we've had a tough away schedule to start the season and the next 3 are pretty tricky, if we can get max points out of Brighton, United and Villa away we could have a decent chance as all the top 5 will need to come to our place 2nd half of the season.

Josh 76

So your point is that they didn’t win against 2 of the best teams in the country? Big deal. Liverpool are looking like the team to beat right now, their form and confidence is up.
Their possible downside is the lack of depth in their squad, particularly up front if someone was to get injured
Their lack of depth is a myth.
They have 4 great centre backs
4 great forwards
And a number of CM players who are all great at doing the job they need to.

The only weakness is cover for Trent. But they won’t miss him in majority of the games because they are too superior than most.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Their lack of depth is a myth.
They have 4 great centre backs
4 great forwards
And a number of CM players who are all great at doing the job they need to.

The only weakness is cover for Trent. But they won’t miss him in majority of the games because they are too superior than most.
Let’s say Salah gets a serious injury who takes his spot?

Milner is currently playing that speaks volumes of their depth

the irony is that now they are oveladen with cbs

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
They look brilliant again this season. It always felt like it was a huge relief for them to capture top 4 spot last season to finish a very difficult season with the best they could have wished for in the circumstances. I don't think they had any expectations of winning the league once VVD got injured followed by Gomez a week later. So for them to clinch 4th was amazing for them.
We finished 3rd actually

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Milner is a good player, even though he’s about 6th/7th choice in midfield.

up front we really need another one to compete for a starting spot.

Longshanks

Are we really going to wax lyrical about a Liverpool side that have so far beaten Norwich, Crystal Palace, Leeds Watford and Burnley and people said we had an easy start.

They have put them away with ease in fairness and thats impressive but they will all finish bottom half minimum and I reckon 2 will be relegated and any one of them could get dragged into it.

RoyKeaneSaipan

Supports
Liverpool
Yes, but if you look at last season their problem was exactly teams like that, they dropped points against bottom half or relegation teams all the time.last season.

Chief123

I think that could be the same for any of the big teams. Take out their best player and they would struggle.

If you take out Bruno out of our team, we don’t have anyone who comes in and performs adequately. We look a fraction of the side.

Take out Lukaku from Chelsea and they are in big trouble if they have aspirations of winning the league.

Man City are the only one you could argue that they could handle an injury in any of their positions (except GK probably).

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think that could be the same for any of the big teams. Take out their best player and they would struggle.

If you take out Bruno out of our team, we don’t have anyone who comes in and performs adequately. We look a fraction of the side.

Take out Lukaku from Chelsea and they are in big trouble if they have aspirations of winning the league.

Man City are the only one you could argue that they could handle an injury in any of their positions (except GK probably).
Looking at Lukaku I am so far not convinced that he is that critical for them, he is a very expensive flop. Might still change, but that's how I see it right now.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
For me City are favourites again.
Also I don‘t understand the lack of squad strength argument. Their squad players might be injured more often so people get the impression they have no depth.
Wasn‘t everyone claiming in summer 2020 that that’s what great teams do: adding Thiago and Jota to a title winning team?

ariveded

Henderson continues to be criminally underrated here, which is not a surprise.
He is replaceable and limited quality. Thats why he doesnt start for England.

Yet, he represents the “ identity “ of the club and over the course of a season, identity matters a lot. Thats defines club football, where Henderson long tenure at LFC helps to empower the team on pitch and outside.

Yet, lets not over rate him.

Last edited:

ariveded

So your point is that they didn’t win against 2 of the best teams in the country? Big deal. Liverpool are looking like the team to beat right now, their form and confidence is up.
Their possible downside is the lack of depth in their squad, particularly up front if someone was to get injured
When people here are in awe over 1 single game on their 5-0 trashing, surely it is better to make their evaluate the season so far, and their last season.

LFC havent addressed their vulnerabilities from last season at all. Their squad can breakdown and lose form at any moment. Its completely unsustainable on having and playing the same core for 4th straight season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
When people here are in awe over 1 single game on their 5-0 trashing, surely it is better to make their evaluate the season so far, and their last season.

LFC havent addressed their vulnerabilities from last season at all. Their squad can breakdown and lose form at any moment. Its completely unsustainable on having and playing the same core for 4th straight season.
Their last season is looking like it was an exception and no wonder, all their cbs injured at the same time. You couldn’t make that up

tomaldinho1

Their last season is looking like it was an exception and no wonder, all their cbs injured at the same time. You couldn’t make that up
And Henderson

I don't think Pool are above City or Chelsea to be honest, those three are all similar level for me. Proven managers, squads who have won major honours, depth with a few areas that could be improved but are solid. Chelsea were looking like they had a good chance of winning before their red against Pool and City probably deserved to win the 2-2, those head to heads will go either way this season between those three. Will be awesome if there can be a 3 (hopefully 4 if United buck their ideas up) horse race to the wire.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Always felt that people were being ludicrous writing them off.

1 - pretending they just had 1 centre back out, when it was their 3 main ones, ending up fielding blokes from the pub type of level in about 30 different combos
2 - no crowds - a huge difference.
3 - schedule crammed into a month or 6 weeks less than usual

Funnily enough with those 3 issues sorted, they look a force again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

People keep saying that you have to buy when strong. They haven't really done that, adding maybe 1 signing a season.
They're not going away, we just have to hope Chelsea, or dare I say it, City see them off, while they use up the front 3 and Van Dyke's peak years, and one more Klopp season gone.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

Dooming cnut. :jol:

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
He is replaceable and limited quality. Thats why he doesnt start for England.

Yet, he represents the “ identity “ of the club and over the course of a season, identity matters a lot. Thats defines club football, where Henderson long tenure at LFC helps to empower the team on pitch and outside.

Yet, lets not over rate him.
Far from it. He suits our system. Maybe Southgate doesn't know how to use him.

He drives our team. Usually responsible for the tempo and press. We have struggle at times without him.

And this is not just a thing under Klopp. We would have even won the league under Rodgers if he hadn't received that Red card against City (it was deserving). We missed him massively against Chelsea and Palace due to his suspension.

He is not a world class midfielder. But he is bloody important to the Liverpool team.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So we've yet again got a referee from Manchester. Against Manchester Utd. But of course it's ok because he supports Salford or some unbelievable shit. :lol:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
So we've yet again got a referee from Manchester. Against Manchester Utd. But of course it's ok because he supports Salford or some unbelievable shit. :lol:
Reminds me of when Ferguson got Chris Foy moved off our game with them because he’s from Saint Helens. I’m not saying the Manchester refs are going to be biased. However I do struggle to understand how they manage to get appointed almost every season for this fixture. Is there not a ref from a slightly more neutral area out there.

Bearded One

Liverpool will skin is if we don’t get our shit together. I hope the boys are up for this one.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Atkinson has been awful to us, don’t sweat it.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
It's between City and Liverpool for me. I'm not convinced by Chelsea yet.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
African Cup of Nations could hurt them this season with the likes of Salah, Mane and Keitaheading out there. Would expect them to dip then given their depth/options up top.
Straws clutched

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
African Cup of Nations could hurt them this season with the likes of Salah, Mane and Keitaheading out there. Would expect them to dip then given their depth/options up top.
Straws clutched
How many games are they expected to miss?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
:confused: guess it will depend on how far both teams go.

The group stages alone last from Jan 9-20 (not including tournament prep).

To be honest, Liverpool's Jan fixtures are pretty easy so probs won't impact much.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The discussions we were having in the summer suggest Mane and Salah will only miss two PL games. Keita isn't critical.

But those two games, easy or otherwise, could kill us if we fail to score enough goals and drop 4-5 points as a result. Got to hope Firmino is in goalscoring mood around then and it's not just a purple patch now.