Will Liverpool reach 21 before us?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
It took us years to beat their 18 league titles but will they reclaim the record in a few years time? 19 is just around the corner and they'll probably equal us next season. :(

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Probably.

We should care less about liverpool though.

Eirelfc84

Supports
Liverpool
Well considering how far behind you guys were , it was never gona only take a few years. Ferguson did an unbelievable job winging the amount of league titles he did for utd.
Only reason why there is a chance of us getting to 21 before you guys is how close we are to you. And that Klopp has signed an extension. If he wins the league this year and one more before he leave I think any Liverpool fan would be happy. To get to 21 would be great but that’s a few years away at least yet so just gotta enjoy the football for now .

Paul_Scholes18

If we fire Ole and bring in a top manager and give him big money in the market then no.
If we keep Ole for many years without spending much/well then yes.

It is all up to us really. If we just keep being a midtable side then they are going to get there first probably within 5 years.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They're certainly going to reach 21 threads before us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
21 is just a number man

We will probably get 25 before them and they will get 28 before us

All these things happens in waves - look at half their players, they ain't exactly running with 6 Ronaldinho's & once Klopp goes so will they for a whilst.

TheReligion

Abusive
It took us years to beat their 18 league titles but will they reclaim the record in a few years time? 19 is just around the corner and they'll probably equal us next season. :(
What a terrible thread. What interesting discussion does this actually generate other than yes or no answers? Absolutely pointless and adds nothing to the host of Liverpool threads already sitting in this forum at the moment. Hopefully you're not generally an awful poster but you'll need to up your game a bit as this kind of stuff is dire.

nyanza

21 is just a number man

We will probably get 25 before them and they will get 28 before us

All these things happens in waves - look at half their players, they ain't exactly running with 6 Ronaldinho's & once Klopp goes so will they for a whilst.
Yeah, things can change very quickly. No one expected Baldinho's City to crumble like that and only a few years ago Liverpool were gunning for glory with Steward Downing and Charlie Adam pinning crosses to Andy Carrol.

IRELANDUNITED

A friend of mine asked me what I thought the odds on this would be, I DM'd Paddy Power on

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This Liverpool team continues to exceed my expectations of it, but I had much more certainty about Pep's City continued success, considering their squad depth and the relative youthfulness of their side, yet they still tanked in their third season. I still hope that too many players in that side are performing to the very best of their ability and they won't be able to sustain it much longer and we'll see them performing much worse soon... the issue is, even then there's no obvious upcoming challenger to overcome them aside from, again, City (maybe this season will positively affect their motivation) and, less realistically, Leicester. Us, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are nowhere near at the moment.

IRELANDUNITED

A friend of mine asked me what I thought the odds on this would be, I DM'd Paddy Power on twitter. They replied with Liverpool being 8/11 and United being evens to reach 21 titles first, so it's very close.

BlueHaze

This Liverpool team continues to exceed my expectations of it, but I had much more certainty about Pep's City continued success, considering their squad depth and the relative youthfulness of their side, yet they still tanked in their third season. I still hope that too many players in that side are performing to the very best of their ability and they won't be able to sustain it much longer and we'll see them performing much worse soon... the issue is, even then there's no obvious upcoming challenger to overcome them aside from, again, City (maybe this season will positively affect their motivation) and, less realistically, Leicester. Us, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are nowhere near at the moment.
Might not be able to sustain it for multiple years but at the same time don't forget they will most likely strengthen the squad as well. Feels like Klopp can sign anyone and turn them into world class and they already signed Minamino.

KennyBurner

With aguero on the decline and david silva leaving I think city are done for the next 2 years. Liverpool could actually win next year if Madrid doesnt take Mane of their hands. I could actualy see us as contenders next season if we buy sancho and a great midfielder next year.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Things change quickly in football, it looks likely right now but who’s to say? Even 2 years ago they looked about as far away from a title as we do now.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
The players are absolutely not top drawer except one or two max. But as long as klopp is there, anything is possible. Instead of worrying of they get to 21 we should focus on getting our number 4. ASAP

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Might not be able to sustain it for multiple years but at the same time don't forget they will most likely strengthen the squad as well. Feels like Klopp can sign anyone and turn them into world class and they already signed Minamino.
They will definitely try, but the real question is, would they be able to? It's not as easy as it looks. They're at the point where a huge signing can potentially upset the perfect balance of that squad — be it someone like Sancho or a big-name midfielder. Although, of course, there's a chance that they will do it right and become even stronger.

As I've said, City had been in even better position and still somehow failed. All of Liverpool's transfers for the last few seasons have been spot on (aside from Keita, perhaps, and some squad signings like Shaqiri) — it's also something that is very hard to sustain. Anyway, we'll see, but if there's one thing to know about football, it's that it is often completely and utterly unpredictable.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Possibly but it's by no means a certainty.

What happens after this team reaches the inevitable point when a renewal of some kind or another is due - is anyone's guess. Cycles and all that.

Liverpool aren't in a position from which they can easily add pieces to the puzzle and "simply" maintain the level they're currently at. No team in England has that luxury.

It's quite conceivable that a league title for them will be followed by a reaction of the negative kind.

If they do reach 21 before us, I'd say that will be more down to our shite post-SAF run continuing than them building anything like a new dynasty.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Does that really matter ? Couldn't care less about Liverpool now. We should try to get back to top asap. A capable manager would be a good start. Trophies will follow.

Kostov

The way this club is being run we won’t be winning a league title the next 10 years, so yeah, they will reclaim that record.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If they win it this season, and hold onto Alisson, TAA, van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Firmino, Salah and Mane (not suggesting they can't hold onto these players, my point is more centred on how they are the stand out spine of the team when fit) they'll win 3 out of the next 5 at a minimum.

We are an eternity away from that standard, and even if we start closing the gap something will go wrong, given the poor leadership from the top.

Not many sides win back to back titles so I don't think there's any "probably" about it at all, especially with City's finances and Guardiola.

That said, I think they are likely to equal our record before we win another title.

redIndianDevil

Definitely yes.
Guardiola's looking like losing interest IMO,
us sticking with Ole and wasting two more years,
Arsenal being Arsenal,
Chelsea and Spurs being a bit light in squad and not having good managers and most importantly Klopp deciding to stay(always thought Bayern would convince him to leave :().

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Looks like it. We are several years away from challenging for the title.

Out of our entire squad I only see Wan Bissaka, Pogba and Rashford as starters for a title winning team. Greenwood potentially if he reaches the levels we hope. I think our wait will be comfortably over 10 years (from 2013)

PoTMS

We are happy with mediocrity at United these days so we aren't winning anything worth winning in the considerable future. Only way I can see this changing is if there is a new board who sacks off Woodward and Ole.