Will Ole get another PL job after this?

Will Ole get another PL managers job at some stage?

• Total voters

Kaos

Stranger things have happened but I can’t imagine any club taking a punt. Without a United-style budget, Ole would be a good bet to take a club down into the Championship.
Spot on - United manager or not he's done an objectively poor job in the grand scheme of things. He's not a winner so no big club will take him, he's not proven to be resourceful so that rules out the mid tier clubs, and he's not proven to be a fighter that can save relegation fodder so not even teams at the bottom would likely take him too. All he can offer is "DNA" and "Pashun" which won't be enough, even with Manchester United on his CV. He's also been reduced to a comic relief figure amongst the PL fans, with pretty much every other clubs' fans ironically signing his name, so can't imagine fans of any PL club being thrilled at appointing him.

DarkXaero

In my eyes, Ole is the worst manager in the PL and not good enough to manage any PL club unless the goal is to get relegated or underachieve. We see undeserved managerial appointments in the PL all the time so it wouldn't surprise me, but he's certainly not qualified for a PL job.

soapythecat

He’s an appalling manager who was spent a world beating fortune and achieved nothing. He is breaking records that are quite frankly embarrassing for him, the club and supporters. His vocal support of his under qualified and over hyped coaching staff should never see him get top level club again. He’s a managerial disaster.

Statue of Limitations

He will if he accepts that City, Chelsea, Pool etc. will not be knocking on his door.
An Everton, or a Southampton however might, or a club willing to pay high salary for his services to help them stay up.

::sonny::

No, only in norway and far oer

Like Mourinho, after Roma he is gonna manage only clubs of championship (middlsbrough, Huddersfield, Forest, Pescara, Mallorca, Rayo Vallecano)

briansy

Absolutely insane that 83% of posters are saying no. Ole will 100% get another prem job after United. Absolutely can see him ending up at one of the usual suspects like Norwich or the like after a bit of a break to clear his head. He has gone as far as he can with United, but it's idiotic to suggest his stock in the management world has not risen from this tenure. The bitterness of the final days will be quickly forgotten and his body of work will be viewed less negatively as a whole. He's not going to a top 6 club but definitely a bottom half club if he wants it.

Last edited:

IWat

Like Mourinho, after Roma he is gonna manage only clubs of championship (middlsbrough, Huddersfield, Forest, Pescara, Mallorca, Rayo Vallecano)
Roma actually seem to be doing alright under Mourinho, although I can't claim to have watched much of them. Genuinly don't think Ole would have Roma in top 4, they'd be mid table.

GBBQ

I think he’ll get a shot somewhere. Not saying he’ll deserve it or he’ll do well but I think someone will take a chance on him based on his United experience and the fact he’s seen as a manager who supports his team and doesn’t agitate the board.

Its not like every PL club has / can attract a master tactician.

Skills

Snitch
This part hasn’t sunk in to many… he’s doing badly is started to sink in, but how he is perceived and is a bit of a laughing stock isn’t.
This. A lot of our fanbase is quite oblivious to the fact that the guy is literally a meme.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Nope, but his attitude, skills and results show that he might do a job for mid-table clubs in the Championship, improving their fundamentals and stabilising the culture. That’s not a given, and he will have offers imho.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
My first instinct was to vote yes. Some day, who knows? But the more I think about it, the less likely it seems... Maybe some promoted side would want him, no? Stevenage?

el3mel

Moyes has friends in media. Lot of reporters who give him interviews even when he is jobless where he can whine and say how he is now awesome.
Moyes has a huge history in PL before United anyway. He was Everton manager for 11 years. Of course teams will still want him.

bonothom

Your kidding right. Not even Cardiff would have him back. Probably Molde would have to think twice.

drdoityourself

No. Doubt he'll get another job at the age of 70 when his stint at United comes to an end. That's when the board finally get over the fact that van Gaal and Mourinho didn't work out and maybe they can improve with a new appointment.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Managers who fail at a top club job get jobs at smaller clubs because

a- they had very well elsewhere. People like Mourinho or LVG might not be able to cut it at top club level anymore but their experience, contacts and winning mentality could help smaller clubs
b- they were excellent at small or mid tier level. Big Sam saved many clubs from relegation, Moyes tend to build sides that are difficult to crack, etc.

Ole fail on both counts. What Ole should do is to manage a team in an easy league like Scotland or Holland. If he wins a couple of cups there then he might stand a chance.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
No, imagine the football he'd produce if he had no money to spend and couldn't attract the likes of Varane and Ronaldo?

If he were in charge of the bottom 10 clubs (maybe go as far to say as 15 clubs) I'd be willing to bet he'd be in a relegation scrap.

Dunk the Lunk

Yes. No other top league in Scandinavia will want anything to do with him. He is a bit of a joke over here. Might have a chance in Iceland or Finland, though.

Skills

Snitch
No, imagine the football he'd produce if he had no money to spend and couldn't attract the likes of Varane and Ronaldo?

If he were in charge of the bottom 10 clubs (maybe go as far to say as 15 clubs) I'd be willing to bet he'd be in a relegation scrap.
This was his record prior to signing Bruno Fernandes :

That's after having bought £150m worth of players in the summer transfer window. This guy is meant to keep clubs up in a relegation scrap without money to spend?

As a bonus his PL record with Cardiff:

Hughie77

Listening to him after the game today, he Didn't have a clue, what to say, and it tells me he's gone, international break he be gone they won't announce it yet imo until the guy there after agrees. If Oles still here , fecking next prem game, I don't know what I'd do.

dove

Someone probably will offer a job, some terribly ran club like Watford. The question is whether he would take it but I am sure he will get 1 or 2 offers at some point no doubts.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
This was his record prior to signing Bruno Fernandes :

That's after having bought £150m worth of players in the summer transfer window. This guy is meant to keep clubs up in a relegation scrap without money to spend?

As a bonus his PL record with Cardiff:

Thanks for the stats, his time at Cardiff would be what it would be like for the majority of the clubs I'm the league.

Imagine him at Newcastle spending billions and still coming up with excuses and sh*t football. :lol:

lemmiwink

He is the worst manager in the league. The sum of the team is less than the sum of it’s parts. Virtually every team in the PL bosses us on the pitch, but we have so good players that we can brute force weaker teams into submission despite being outplayed.

checkbook manager performing like the good managers would if they had shit squads. Only Ole has one of the best squads in europe.

he is truly the worst manager in United history if you take context into consideration. Most money spent, 1/5 of all home losses through history is under his tenure.

His persistence in playing Fred and McTominay when everyone can see they are shit and that in game after game we literally have no midfield, makes me think he is either the most stubborn man alive or really stupid. I don’t know what is worse.

I wouldn’t hire him if the stadium parking lot hobo was interested in the manager position. That applied regardless of what imaginary team I was in charge of.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
But why would they take him though? This man got a job at a relegation threatened Cardiff and made them worse.

You seem to be lumping him in with the likes of Allardyce who actually have proven records of keeping clubs up in difficult situations.
Let’s be honest, Cardiff was a total mess before Ole took it on. Fergie warned him not too but he took it

Skills

Snitch
Let’s be honest, Cardiff was a total mess before Ole took it on. Fergie warned him not too but he took it
And he made them worse?

They were 17th with 18 points from 20 games when he took over.

They then finished 20th getting just another 12 points from the next 18 games managed by him.

99% of management vacancies are there because the club is in a mess. If anything at Cardiff Ole had amongst the biggest budgets, at the time, for a team in the lower half.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Where do you stand on this?

personal opinion is that he will at some stage.
Solid win %, the 3rd top manager for getting PL points in his tenure and the away record to his name.

obviously there are things against him too

So choose your side and let’s keep this for record
I don’t think he’d want to even if a club wanted to take the gamble on him.

Denis79

Where do you stand on this?

personal opinion is that he will at some stage.
Solid win %, the 3rd top manager for getting PL points in his tenure and the away record to his name.

obviously there are things against him too

So choose your side and let’s keep this for record
Don't think he'll stay in England.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
His redemption arc would be to go to another league with some repute, do well there, and then come back here when most of the furore has blown over, otherwise absolutely no chance.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Don't think he'll stay in England.
I’m not necessarily talking immediately. Some people are saying he will NEVER get another job, which I think is silly. He will regroup somewhere and then probably go again when the right opportunity comes up

peridigm

The question is, will any players take him seriously if he did? He can't get a tune out of our squad. What's he going to get out of a lower half or relegation bound PL squad?