Will Ole last beyond his next 3 games?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Liverpool (H)
Norwich (A)
Bournemouth (A)

Currently 2 points above relegation and 5 points from top 4. The other contenders have fixtures where 7-9 points is conceivable for them, Where's 1-4 points is more conceivable for us.

Is the line drawn then? Or do you think he will be given more time?

I don't enjoy entertaining the idea that a legend will be sacked but at this stage, it seems a matter of when rather than if. Would love him to go on a run but I don't see how, even if I try.

Last edited:

Negative Red

I'm sure it will come down to fine margins and bad luck whatever the scenario.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No chance IMO. Woodward has clearly told him he's in it for the long haul.

He knew Ole was doing him a favour shifting some players to get the wage bill down, it's gone worse than expected.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Half the first team out injured vs the best in-form team in the world. Yep seems like a reasonable reaction.
I don't think the decision will be solely based on that game. It will just be the tip of the iceberg if so.

Zoo

Probably, Ed has done an interview with UWS for this weekend. We're going to limp towards January.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No chance IMO. Woodward has clearly told him he's in it for the long haul.

He knew Ole was doing him a favour shifting some players to get the wage bill down, it's gone worse than expected.

What favour? He gave young and Jones a new deal. And Rashford a bumper new contract.

Infra-red

I don't think he'll actually be fired yet, but may well be a case of 'dead man walking' while the club secures an interim replacement (again!).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ed gave Young and Jones new deals. Ole was not the manager at that point.
Ole said manager has final say in his interview with Gary Neville. Ole also said he was consulted when caretaker. Go figure?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think he's gone if we get tonked by Liverpool.
You can say I told you so after the game, but whenever the Caf does the whole doom and gloom "we're going to get butchered" routine it tends to end up as a fairly decent performance as our players do react well when theirs backs are against the wall. I'll also echo what I said before Arsenal when the forum were expecting us to get fecked, we tend to play well against teams that go for us but we struggle hugely when teams sit back and defend deep in numbers. Liverpool won't do that, they'll play into our hands by trying to actually dominate the game.

Anyway, as for Ole he won't be being sacked anytime soon unless we drop down into the relegation places imo. I think the club have prepared themselves for a bumpy ride this season as they've accepted that the squad is dogshit (which it is). If Ole has us in relegation places then that's a different matter.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ole said manager has final say in his interview with Gary Neville. Ole also said he was consulted when caretaker. Go figure?
Yes, consulted. Not deciding. There is no point shifting the blame for a player signing to someone who did not make the call.

Judas

Open to offers
You can say I told you so after the game, but whenever the Caf does the whole doom and gloom "we're going to get butchered" routine it tends to end up as a fairly decent performance as our players do react well when theirs backs are against the wall. I'll also echo what I said before Arsenal when the forum were expecting us to get fecked, we tend to play well against teams that go for us but we struggle hugely when teams sit back and defend deep in numbers. Liverpool won't do that, they'll play into our hands by trying to actually dominate the game.

Anyway, as for Ole he won't be being sacked anytime soon unless we drop down into the relegation places imo. I think the club have prepared themselves for a bumpy ride this season as they've accepted that the squad is dogshit (which it is). If Ole has us in relegation places then that's a different matter.
Although I do mostly agree to a certain extent, it wasn't as if the performance against Arsenal was good, was it? They were dreadful, and so were we.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes, consulted. Not deciding. There is no point shifting the blame for a player signing to someone who did not make the call.
He's pictured next to Ole in the signing and Ole was announced as permanent manager just a few weeks after. Are you seriously trying to suggest Ole had no material input into the extension of Jones and Youngs contract? Have a word.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Although I do mostly agree to a certain extent, it wasn't as if the performance against Arsenal was good, was it? They were dreadful, and so were we.
We went ahead despite both teams playing fairly poorly in a scrappy game. I dunno, it was a bad performance but thought we were a tad unlucky not to actually win the game. I'd take another scrappy 1-1 draw against Liverpool.

joseph_p

Nobody's really expecting win against Liverpool but the next 2 must surely bring 6 points otherwise it would truly be sackable situation.

arthurka

I fear for Ole over the next couple of games. We could be in the relegation zone after next weekend and Norwich away is a really tough one.

Hopefully we'll lose to Liverpool so he can get the sack quickly.
What do you think will change if that is the case? Not trying to be annoying I just find it interesting to see what people think will happen if he gets the boot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hopefully we'll lose to Liverpool so he can get the sack quickly.
I sometimes wonder if Ed will wait until we are officially in a relegation place, so he has a statement ready that the media can't argue with. Like "we fully support a rebuild and backed our manager but we cannot tolerate a relegation place in November" or some shit like that.

Ban

I sometimes wonder if Ed will wait until we are officially in a relegation place, so he has a statement ready that the media can't argue with. Like "we fully support a rebuild and backed our manager but we cannot tolerate a relegation place in November" or some shit like that.
Followed with we're looking for a DOF.

Ban

I fear for Ole over the next couple of games. We could be in the relegation zone after next weekend and Norwich away is a really tough one.

What do you think will change if that is the case? Not trying to be annoying I just find it interesting to see what people think will happen if he gets the boot.
Ed will make another lazy appointment, probably the next free big name without having any plan or idea why that and that guy.

el3mel

He will be sacked after Liverpool hopefully.

Otherwise we will be looking for a serious relegation fight. We will be lucky to get 1 or 2 points out of those 3 games with him in charge.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Liverpool (H)
Norwich (A)
Bournemouth (A)

Currently 2 points above relegation and 5 points from top 4. The other contenders have fixtures where 7-9 points is conceivable for them, Where's 1-4 points is more conceivable for us.

Is the line drawn then? Or do you think he will be given more time?

I don't enjoy entertaining the idea that a legend will be sacked but at this stage, it seems a matter of when rather than if. Would love him to go on a run but I don't see how, even if I try.
if he loses them all, he is surely a gonner

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Ed will make another lazy appointment, probably the next free big name without having any plan or idea why that and that guy.
well, the only one definitely free right now is Allegri and that would be a massive improvement. But I agree that we have jumped in pretty much every time since SAF. Starting with Moyes who was as much out-of-his-depth as Ole

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Knowing us, we will get some form of a result against Liverpool and only come away with 1 point from Norwich and Bournemouth.

We are rudderless against teams to sit back and leave us with the ball. Teams like Norwich and Bournemouth can wait for us to lose possession and hit us at pace. Liverpool will probably have a go at us, hence we might have a slight chance on the counter.

Judas

Open to offers
Knowing us, we will get some form of a result against Liverpool and only come away with 1 point from Norwich and Bournemouth.

We are rudderless against teams to sit back and leave us with the ball. Teams like Norwich and Bournemouth can wait for us to lose possession and hit us at pace.
Have been for years and years and years. It's quite pathetic how this aspect of our game has been terrible for a stupid amount of time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What favour? He gave young and Jones a new deal. And Rashford a bumper new contract.
Did him a favour by trying to run this squad with less players and taking a lower wage bill.

We've obviously had to recoup some money back from the heavy spending of previous managers.

All along Woodward + Solskjaer have said they have a long term plan, this is just step 1. We've had to clear some players/space in the squad and will replace them, but it's gone worse than we first expected. I suspect Ole thought we'd be fine until January then get reinforcements.

I don't think Woodward will be as upset as the fanbase are right now. With context we have been a bit unlucky with the injuries and certain key moments in matches going against us - but he will need to improve.

I don't see anything happening quickly. At least not until nearer the summer anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Did him a favour by trying to run this squad with less players and taking a lower wage bill.

We've obviously had to recoup some money back from the heavy spending of previous managers.

All along Woodward + Solskjaer have said they have a long term plan, this is just step 1. We've had to clear some players/space in the squad and will replace them, but it's gone worse than we first expected. I suspect Ole thought we'd be fine until January then get reinforcements.

I don't think Woodward will be as upset as the fanbase are right now. With context we have been a bit unlucky with the injuries and certain key moments in matches going against us - but he will need to improve.

I don't see anything happening quickly. At least not until nearer the summer anyway.
I hear where you're coming from, but I do think Woodward would be worried by current form because he won't be able to implement stage 2 when we can't attract any players. So us being in a relegation battle is a massive concern for him, you'd hope anyway.

GBBQ

I think Newcastle was the perfect chance to get rid of him, if the board were thinking that way.

I can only see him going after Liverpool if its an embarrassing result and the players mutiny, a one or two goal loss isn't likely to trigger anything.

After that if we lose to Norwich or Bournemouth its going to be harder again to justify that he is the right man to take us forward, but unless its an embarrassing result its hard to see how they wont continue to back him and the long term project.

POF

9 points and back in the top 6.

#Ole's at the wheel!