Will Ole last beyond his next 3 games?

martinhl

Very good and we won titles. I was the female version of Scholes.
Did you lose any games or what was your toughest win.
To Sunama. I am out of posts for today. No I have no agenda as you mention like that.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
15th or below means a relegation battle, which I don't think we will be in. Ole is terrible, but even he can't be that bad.
And I doubt we will buy anybody in January. We only just came out of the Summer transfer window, where the aim was to save money. The strategy of saving money won't change in 5 months, while Woodward is in charge.
I'm not sure where you are coming from. We spent over 100 million in the summer, is that how a club saves money? We'll see what happens in January as none of us have a crystal ball.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I'm not sure where you are coming from. We spent over 100 million in the summer, is that how a club saves money? We'll see what happens in January as none of us have a crystal ball.
A club saves money by getting rid of its highest earners and not signing players to balance the squad. 50m net spend over the last 2 seasons is an embarrassment for a club our size considering how thin/bad our squad is. At best it was pure arrogance from the club/Ole to think they could get something out of this season with a paper thin squad and youth and at worst it was pure negligence. Either way, it just goes to show how inept we are as a club right from the top to the very bottom and everyone in between.

SweetRightFoot

IN
Maguire - 80m
AWB - 50m
James - 15m
you can even include
Mejbri (that 15 year old) - 10m

OUT
Lukaku - 70m
Half of Sanchez's wages over a year - 10m

Only an optimistic could claim we spent around 75~m.

Either that or Jamie 'Man Utd were the biggest spenders this summer' Carragher.

PhilInBlack

We seem to have reached a stage where Ole is safe for the immediate future.
It can only be due to any future Manager being unattainable until the Summer.
Meanwhile we are supposed to be ok with a mid table finish as if its some sort of acceptable achievement.
Around this time last yesr the Caf had a Next United Manager poll.
Unless memory serves me wrong OGS didn`t feature among the 15 or so names on it.Problems at the Club run from the top down but Woodward painted himself into a horrible corner by appointing Solksjaer as permanent Manager when there was no need whatsoever to do so.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
IN
Maguire - 80m
AWB - 50m
James - 15m
you can even include
Mejbri (that 15 year old) - 10m

OUT
Lukaku - 70m
Half of Sanchez's wages over a year - 10m

Only an optimistic could claim we spent around 75~m.

Either that or Jamie 'Man Utd were the biggest spenders this summer' Carragher.
Well I didn't say our net spend was over 100 million. I would argue it was a unique summer because Sanchez had to leave and the new manager didn't fancy Lukaku. I'm fairly sure we tried to get a striker and midfielder but sometimes transfers don't work out. It takes two to dance.

martinhl

So where are we philosophically today. Is no one, one bit interested in my man for man marking solution. I am disappointed.

mancave bear

Wrong - we spent net. 60-70 millions in the summer. And that is way to little!

Foxbatt

If he loses all his next three games I think it's hard for him to remain.

martinhl

One of the many millions of assets Sir Bobby Charlton had and Sir Jack Charlton had was their attitude to their fellow man.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Solskjaer's next three fixtures are Sheffield United, Astana & Aston Villa, so I wouldn't envisage these results to be disasterous, even though I don't see us getting a win at Sheffield.
But now that Pochettino is unemployed, that shadow will be looming large behind Solskjaer and the media will be all over this.

Personally I think Pochettino should take the rest of the season away from football and recharge his batteries, but you know what wouldn't totally shock me...
Solskjaer being moved into a DoF type of role, and Pochettino taking the manager's job in the Summer.
It might even actually work....:lol:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Solskjaer's next three fixtures are Sheffield United, Astana & Aston Villa, so I wouldn't envisage these results to be disasterous, even though I don't see us getting a win at Sheffield.
But now that Pochettino is unemployed, that shadow will be looming large behind Solskjaer and the media will be all over this.

Personally I think Pochettino should take the rest of the season away from football and recharge his batteries, but you know what wouldn't totally shock me...
Solskjaer being moved into a DoF type of role, and Pochettino taking the manager's job in the Summer.
It might even actually work....:lol:
Not sure Ole would be too keen on a 75% drop in wages.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
After Villa, we have 3 games which will either sack Ole or give him time until march at least.
We play Spurs and Everton at OT and City away. That 10 days will say a lot about his status

vivaronaldo

Let’s talk sense if offered poch or ole who in their right mind would choose ole ... do any players actually know who he is ??? I hardly doubt he can attract any big name

had he not beaten psg and certain morons didn’t act all excited he wouldn’t even be here...... sack him and get someone who knows how to build on board

UpWithRivers

Let’s talk sense if offered poch or ole who in their right mind would choose ole ... do any players actually know who he is ??? I hardly doubt he can attract any big name

had he not beaten psg and certain morons didn’t act all excited he wouldn’t even be here...... sack him and get someone who knows how to build on board
Although I agree with what you are saying I think everyone knows who Ole is.

Alabaster Codify7

I don't think we'll bite the bullet straight off the bat, and nor should we. But the fact is:

- Pochettino is now available. A manager we showed interest in previously, PL proven.
- Pochettino no longer will cost us anything.

Woodward loves appointing out of contract managers, Ole aside. This one, he's been interested in previously. I think Ole is now going to be judged on a game by game basis by Woodward - if we're still 10th by January, I think he'll bite the bullet and sack him. Pochettino to come in, no signings in January, write off another season altogether and start fresh in the summer. All the usual buzzwords, Warchest etc.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’ve been a firm believer that we wouldn’t sack Ole no matter what this season and give him another 2 windows before really scrutinising him next season.

I can’t help but think Potch being available has now changed that and any sticky patches could spell the end. Unless Potch is snapped up by Bayern then it’s back to the original plan.

el3mel

After Villa, we have 3 games which will either sack Ole or give him time until march at least.
We play Spurs and Everton at OT and City away. That 10 days will say a lot about his status
We will probably flop against Shieffled, pick a win against Villa, get a mighty draw against Spurs, then defeat Everton and lose 0-3 to City.

There are some wins around here that will keep him in the job. We won't go on a losing run again imo, but we will keep being inconsistent and those wins will keep him in job.

Simply think of how LvG second season went on. Gonna be the same.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We will probably flop against Shieffled, pick a win against Villa, get a mighty draw against Spurs, then defeat Everton and lose 0-3 to City.

There are some wins around here that will keep him in the job. We won't go on a losing run again imo, but we will keep being inconsistent and those wins will keep him in job.

Yep, i think the same. Plus we will win against AZ and Colchester so lots of wins there and proof that "Ole is doing well".

I already wrote that my prediction is that he will stay until march at least and then Poch will already be in Bayern, Allegri in Arsenal so who knows? Maybe we start with Ole even next season

Cloud7

As I say everytime this thread pops up on the home page, I hope not.

ReddBalls

Historically it's not City and Spurs Ole would lose to, it's Everton and Villa.

el3mel

Historically it's not City and Spurs Ole would lose to, it's Everton and Villa.
Villa and Everton are pretty bad. They also don't park the bus. We will win comfortably.

City at Etihad will be too good for us to get a thing out of this game. Maybe at OT but not Etihad.

GBBQ

After the Newcastle game was the time to get rid of Ole, where everyone would have said, fair enough. Sacking him after an improvement in results and being the first team to take a point off Liverpool just doesn't make sense.

I imagine that Poch can't sign for another PL club until next season (similar to Mou post 2nd stint at Chelsea) so hopefully that means Ole is in the clear for another tranfer window (in which he is hopefully backed) and then we can see where we are at the end of the season.

I am still not convinced by Ole but perhaps a break for Poch and seeing where we are at the end of the season will give us a better idea of whether we should stick or twist.

SecondFig

To be fair, we've beaten Chelsea twice this season, we're the only side in the league to of taken points of Liverpool, we beat Leicester (who are flying). Plus, after losing/letting go Fellaini, Herrera, Sanchez and Lukaku we brought in 2 defenders (who've both been great) and a young winger from the championship - who's already done far more than Sanchez ever did.

If we'd just sacked Mourinho and it was a choice between Poch or Ole I'd be 100% behind appointing Poch. But Ole has the job, and while it's been shaky, I've seen enough good to feel that he deserves more time and at least one more transfer window. If we could bring in a striker and a CM in January I still think Ole could come good.

Slik

To be fair, we've beaten Chelsea twice this season, we're the only side in the league to of taken points of Liverpool, we beat Leicester (who are flying). Plus, after losing/letting go Fellaini, Herrera, Sanchez and Lukaku we brought in 2 defenders (who've both been great) and a young winger from the championship - who's already done far more than Sanchez ever did.

If we'd just sacked Mourinho and it was a choice between Poch or Ole I'd be 100% behind appointing Poch. But Ole has the job, and while it's been shaky, I've seen enough good to feel that he deserves more time and at least one more transfer window. If we could bring in a striker and a CM in January I still think Ole could come good.

When you finally read something from someone with level head . Good post

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

His banner literally hangs on Old Trafford. Ole isn't some no-name football personality in Europe. He's not Messi but he's not exactly unknown now is he. Harry Maguire is one of Englands centerbacks. Not a small name player.

Like, I don't get it. What exactly is it that you want?

martinhl

The mindset that created the problem cannot solve it. Thought for the day.

vivaronaldo

His banner literally hangs on Old Trafford. Ole isn't some no-name football personality in Europe. He's not Messi but he's not exactly unknown now is he. Harry Maguire is one of Englands centerbacks. Not a small name player.

Like, I don't get it. What exactly is it that you want?
the same Harry Mcguire that was linked to us for seasons prior?? the same one who has kept 2 clean sheets all year despite costing a record fee? please stop being brainwashed by the glazers and admit ole is out of his depth and not fit enough to manage a club like united

Tel074

the same Harry Mcguire that was linked to us for seasons prior?? the same one who has kept 2 clean sheets all year despite costing a record fee? please stop being brainwashed by the glazers and admit ole is out of his depth and not fit enough to manage a club like united
Maguire isn't the only one who has kept 2 clean sheets so go single him out is bizzare. Our midfield is shocking and that's where our main problem are . When we get another 1 or 2 brought in things should tighten up at the back

vivaronaldo

Maguire isn't the only one who has kept 2 clean sheets so go single him out is bizzare. Our midfield is shocking and that's where our main problem are . When we get another 1 or 2 brought in things should tighten up at the back
but but but wasnt it ole that said he was happy with the squad going into this season
wasnt it ole that let fellaini and herrera walk with no replacement
wasnt it ole that sold lukaku and didnt have a plan for another 9

hes coaching like hes at cardiff , stop being brainwashed mate

SparkedIntoLife

The mindset that created the problem cannot solve it. Thought for the day.
This. We need to do something quickly. No more faffing around. Poch won't be on the market long and we could still yet challenge for top 4 or win the Europa League. I like Ole as a man and his vision for the club is good, if a little archaic perhaps. With all this, we need to have someone in place who is QUALIFIED to make strategic football decisions and has a proven track record. I would far more trust someone like Luis Campos (Spurs supposedly hovering around him) or Ralf Ragnick to decide on our manager/head coach strategy than the likes of Marcel Bout, John Murtough, Nicky Butt or, even worse, Ed Woodward. We need to get this done quickly so we can have competent leadership going forward and can decide either way when a seemingly top 5 manager is on the market who has a strong record of developing young players and making clubs better.

martinhl

The last people I saw that had fun with this game were Shankly and Clough.