Will Ole last beyond his next 3 games?

Enigma_87

You know who
Hope all the #OleOut brigade are back in their boxes for a few weeks
You were saying?

Did you enjoy our game when we were winning against Partizan and Chelsea too?

We are poor to average, will pick some points along the way and lose too..

martinhl

Let me ask you. How many of you here have played / play football.

martinhl

Just throwing this out for what it is worth.
I am attempting to be successful at something which no doubt I have failed at before.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results moral.
Could not see I was doing the above.
Life and football ?

lysglimt

Scout
Just throwing this out for what it is worth.
I am attempting to be successful at something which no doubt I have failed at before.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results moral.
Could not see I was doing the above.
Life and football ?
You keep posting - and I still have no clue what you are trying to say

TRUERED89

I have, just like many of us in here, more a 5 a side type guy these days. Totally irrelevant though, you don’t need to be a pro footballer to determine who’s shit and who’s good! Or who’s struggling as a manager!

romufc

What does any of us on here playing got to do with Ole?

He is clearly out of his depth, cannot get these players to put together an attack is pretty shameful.

There are managers with worse squads in the PL who are able to attack better.

red4ever 79

You were saying?

Did you enjoy our game when we were winning against Partizan and Chelsea too?

We are poor to average, will pick some points along the way and lose too..
This. We will lose as many as we win or draw which is just dire. When we win it's usually from Pens or freekicks. If you take the Chelsea game away last week they were our only two shots on the goal in the game. The football and the results is pathetic, yet Ole seems to have a free pass this season

martinhl

My point about doing the same thing over and over again is that zonal defense does not work,
man for man marking with a sweeper free is the only way to defend as a team, from that springs
clearly observable individual achievements.
Players lose their skill due to bad bosses and mostly never returns.

Attacks wain basically because of coaches world wide all reading from the same book.

Foxbatt

I have professionally too but as others have said it has got nothing to do with either playing football or coaching a side to see when you see a crap side all the time. One off day it can happen to any team but we have been terrible from last season. The fact that Ole has played at top level and coached too and to see how crap we are is why I am worried so much.
Anyone with any sense can see what he is trying to do. That is to use the pace of our strikers to get behind the opposing defence. When that space is denied he does not know what to do.
It is very easy to blame the players but if the players are practicing other moves then they will at least try to implement on the pitch even if it does not come off. I see no other play on the pitch. The players are not doing anything else.
Then look at our corners. It is a hopeful kick into the box hoping someone will get at the end of it. That is not professional football. There are so many variations that can be tried even from a corner. Yet we never try it. Either it is a hopeful kick or a short one to Mata if he is playing.
This is not how professional football should be played.
Are you people telling me that professional football players who all have played at International level cannot kick a ball within 10 yards?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I have professionally too but as others have said it has got nothing to do with either playing football or coaching a side to see when you see a crap side all the time. One off day it can happen to any team but we have been terrible from last season. The fact that Ole has played at top level and coached too and to see how crap we are is why I am worried so much.
Anyone with any sense can see what he is trying to do. That is to use the pace of our strikers to get behind the opposing defence. When that space is denied he does not know what to do.
It is very easy to blame the players but if the players are practicing other moves then they will at least try to implement on the pitch even if it does not come off. I see no other play on the pitch. The players are not doing anything else.
Then look at our corners. It is a hopeful kick into the box hoping someone will get at the end of it. That is not professional football. There are so many variations that can be tried even from a corner. Yet we never try it. Either it is a hopeful kick or a short one to Mata if he is playing.
This is not how professional football should be played.
Are you people telling me that professional football players who all have played at International level cannot kick a ball within 10 yards?
Or he knows what to do but he doesn't currently have the players to carry out his instructions consistently enough.

JoaquinJoaquin

He isn't getting sacked anytime soon. Will get to the end of the season unless we are deep in the relegation zone

passing-wind

No chance. I think Ole managerially is a dead man walking but I'm sure he'll be given the full season or atleast until the new year.

::sonny::

He is useful as a scapegoat for the club

He doesn't ask money for players

So he will stay for long

RUCK4444

He isn’t going anywhere yet and neither should he unless we have a feckin class replacement lined up.

Most people would sack him with no actual plan on a replacement.

I don’t care who you put in charge of this side, with the lack of characters and injuries on top nobody gets top four with this team in those circumstances.

Yeah it’s not great but what were you expecting, a top four guarantee? Laughable considering we’ve finished outside the top four with a stronger squad before now - oh and supposedly with better managers.

Foxbatt

Or he knows what to do but he doesn't currently have the players to carry out his instructions consistently enough.
You must be joking. I never played up to the level of the players that United have but any decent player who plays professionally would be able to at least try what they practiced on the training ground. They may not be able to pull it off against better opposition who are quicker and stronger and have better ball control.
But United is not playing against Ronaldo or Messi. They are playing against players like Josh King etc.

Furthermore, at a corner kick there is no opposition for them to stop them taking a kick. No the only reason why we are so crap is because he has no idea how to coach a football team. If he has he should know to get at least the set pieces right. We may not score but at least it should be worked right.

This is not a Sunday football team but a team of International football players who some of the them have played in the World Cup. Some of them in the semi finals and one in the Finals and won the darn thing.

You get the best way to get the best out of the team you have. It is no point trying to play tiki take with players like Young, Fred and Lingard et. But you can get them to play much more effectively than they are playing now. He did not realise that our problems start from the top. It still does. If the forwards cannot hold the ball then the midfield and in turn the defence would be put under pressure. I have never seen any United side that is so poor in holding up the ball. Since Zlatan left we never had the ability to do it.

Ole should not have bought Maguire. He should have got a striker who can hold the ball and who has a good touch and then a very good midfield player to replace Matic. Then only should he have looked a CB if finance was a problem.

RUCK4444

You must be joking. I never played up to the level of the players that United have but any decent player who plays professionally would be able to at least try what they practiced on the training ground. They may not be able to pull it off against better opposition who are quicker and stronger and have better ball control.
But United is not playing against Ronaldo or Messi. They are playing against players like Josh King etc.

Furthermore, at a corner kick there is no opposition for them to stop them taking a kick. No the only reason why we are so crap is because he has no idea how to coach a football team. If he has he should know to get at least the set pieces right. We may not score but at least it should be worked right.

This is not a Sunday football team but a team of International football players who some of the them have played in the World Cup. Some of them in the semi finals and one in the Finals and won the darn thing.

You get the best way to get the best out of the team you have. It is no point trying to play tiki take with players like Young, Fred and Lingard et. But you can get them to play much more effectively than they are playing now. He did not realise that our problems start from the top. It still does. If the forwards cannot hold the ball then the midfield and in turn the defence would be put under pressure. I have never seen any United side that is so poor in holding up the ball. Since Zlatan left we never had the ability to do it.

Ole should not have bought Maguire. He should have got a striker who can hold the ball and who has a good touch and then a very good midfield player to replace Matic. Then only should he have looked a CB if finance was a problem.
I agree to an extent however what is even more unlikely is that Ole and his back room staff (including Phelan who worked with us under SAF in some of our best periods) have absolutely no technical coaching ability whatsoever.

In fact SAF would often let his number two take the lead in training sessions, always making a point to have a very good number two alongside him. He often said he knew his limitations and wasn’t afraid to bring in help with coaching etc (having made the mistake of taking on too much in his initial period with us.)

I don’t believe for a minute the players are not being coached for the above reason. Also there’s a clear press we are attempting to implement that has not been there for some time.

Like I’ve said, any manager taking over this team would not get top four, not in this period with the lack of character and injuries on top.
I’m not saying that is a reason to keep Ole but at the same time if we don’t have a clear replacement and plan in place then it makes no sense to sack Ole.

lysglimt

Scout
What does any of us on here playing got to do with Ole?

He is clearly out of his depth, cannot get these players to put together an attack is pretty shameful.

There are managers with worse squads in the PL who are able to attack better.
So a manager who can beat Chelsea twice, beat Leicester, draw against Liverpool is clearly out of his depth ? What does that make Frank Lampard who manages to lose twice against a team of mediocre players with a manager out of his depth ?

el3mel

So a manager who can beat Chelsea twice, beat Leicester, draw against Liverpool is clearly out of his depth ? What does that make Frank Lampard who manages to lose twice against a team of mediocre players with a manager out of his depth ?
They are 10 points ahead of us in the league.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name

Are you basing that just on results/performances, or are you a regular observer of the coaching sessions at Carrington?

romufc

Seriously. Is that how you want Manutd to play? Beat Leicester with a pen, beat Chelsea away with pen and worldie, play ultra defensive.

Chelsea game first game of the season was a one off which we didn't deserve 4-0.

We played home to Liverpool, Leicester and set up as if we are a relegation threatened team. 0 attacking threat in the second half of 3 of them games.

If we cannot counter attack a team, we have no way of attacking teams.
Mediocre players? What you talking about?

DDG
Maguire
AWB
McTominay
Rashford
Martial
Pogba

These players will get into most top 4/6 teams.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He isn't getting sacked anytime soon. Will get to the end of the season unless we are deep in the relegation zone
I'd agree with that.
Solskjaer or anyone else, cannot rebuild a shite squad in one transfer window.
We just need January window to arrive soon, and hope that at least one quality player can be signed.

Alabaster Codify7

Seriously. Is that how you want Manutd to play? Beat Leicester with a pen, beat Chelsea away with pen and worldie, play ultra defensive.

Chelsea game first game of the season was a one off which we didn't deserve 4-0.

We played home to Liverpool, Leicester and set up as if we are a relegation threatened team. 0 attacking threat in the second half of 3 of them games.

If we cannot counter attack a team, we have no way of attacking teams.
Mediocre players? What you talking about?

DDG
Maguire
AWB
McTominay
Rashford
Martial
Pogba

These players will get into most top 4/6 teams.
Jose football, which they hated.
Owners are brilliant. They've sussed the perfect formula now. Stick a former player in charge and this lot will accept ANYTHING!
Roll on the season ticket renewals and a relegation battle next season

romufc

Jose football, which they hated.
Owners are brilliant. They've sussed the perfect formula now. Stick a former player in charge and this lot will accept ANYTHING!
Roll on the season ticket renewals and a relegation battle next season
Seriously, it is a joke what some people here are defending.

I would be ashamed to win / draw games at home playing that football.

Ole's football is so predictable. Counter attack nick a goal and then handbrakes. Handbrakes fail and the bus goes into reverse.

Secondly, if we concede first you almost write the game off as a loss. You have to question alot about the manager here. We are so mentally weak.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Unless we are 15th or lower come the end of December, I expect OGS to be here till the end of the season. If we have some good signings in January and the team improves it's overall play, I expect OGS to be here next season.

martinhl

Very good and we won titles. I was the female version of Scholes.
That's a shame, I was looking for a psychotic breakdown that I could use for an analogy to the big team.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Aaaaah. So this is the new reason why none of us should complain? :lol:
We can't complain about being in 10th place and mid table because we haven't played professional football.
Because we haven't played high level football, we should all keep quiet and be grateful that we not in the relegation zone.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Unless we are 15th or lower come the end of December, I expect OGS to be here till the end of the season. If we have some good signings in January and the team improves it's overall play, I expect OGS to be here next season.
15th or below means a relegation battle, which I don't think we will be in. Ole is terrible, but even he can't be that bad.
And I doubt we will buy anybody in January. We only just came out of the Summer transfer window, where the aim was to save money. The strategy of saving money won't change in 5 months, while Woodward is in charge.

Foxbatt

Are you basing that just on results/performances, or are you a regular observer of the coaching sessions at Carrington?
No, on what I am seeing on the pitch on match day. If they do all these things at practice, then why are they not trying during the game? Any manager worth his salt is going to ground players who point blankly refuse to obey his instructions. So either the players are refusing to obey his instructions and what they do during training or they are not doing these things because they are not doing it during training and the manager does not think it is important.

LJJT

No, on what I am seeing on the pitch on match day. If they do all these things at practice, then why are they not trying during the game? Any manager worth his salt is going to ground players who point blankly refuse to obey his instructions. So either the players are refusing to obey his instructions and what they do during training or they are not doing these things because they are not doing it during training and the manager does not think it is important.
Or many of the players just aren’t good enough? I don’t think they are coached to miss control from a throw in and kick it out of play. Or run the ball up to half way line watch all the players ahead of the ball hide and it’s passed back or sideways. It’s 6 years of buying shite players = current state of affairs