Will Ronaldo ask to leave in the summer?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I hope so. His overall game is terrible.

soapythecat

He’s not been great, let’s be honest. Missed as
Any as he’s scored and does feck all else most of the time.
Hand in heart, we wouldn’t miss him. No way he will hang around without CL football and we are 100% not getting that.

DaGOAT

I hope so, but who is going to pay him? Can Barca make enough room in their wage budget by selling us Pedri and de Jong? Common Barca you know you want him.
Barca are not selling Pedri. They neither want or need to.

Ladron de redcafe

Say good riddance if he does and if there is a team willing to take him at his wages, which is extremely unlikely. A bad signing in every sense so far.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Love him for everything he did in the SAF years but he’s had a negative impact.

We’ve gone from half decent, top 4 to utter crap since his arrival. Fernandes has suffered, Greenwood has suffered.

Legends should never return, Bale was a recent example of that.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
As romantic as it was, from a footballing perspective it was a poor decision.

Commercially it made absolute sense.

He's not responsible for our turn in form, but at his age in this league whilst he will score goals - he's not the type of player you want leading the line in a team with no midfield and questionable wingers.

He's been let down in the process of it all too. The likes of Sancho, Rashford, Martial and to some extent Greenwood have been poor all season...but again some of this falls back on the club, the planning and poor decisions over the years.

We spent 2 years perving on Sancho who played a certain type of football in a certain type of way and we've used him in 4 different positions under 2 different managers. Square pegs, round holes front to back.

We're a shambles of an organisation and the behemoth that it once was...long gone.

I'm certainly not going to be one of those who stops supporting the club, but I've got literally no connection to the current regime and I'm happy to zone out for the next 5 years or so whilst we probably head closer to midtable than the top.

On a slightly more positive and negative note - the next manager is make or break for United's future as an elite club. One more bad move, followed by a series of players following him through the door could lead to this place sinking or swimming. 8 years is too long without elite trophies to cling onto commercial standing - big organisations have crumbled before, and United are not immune.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Realistically, where do you lot think we would have been if he wasn't with us? In a better place?
All anyone can do is speculate on that point, I can't look pass the obvious regression by everyone this season specifically after Ronaldo arrived though

Zen

Having a 35 year old Messi and 37 year old Ronaldo in the team would be suicide.
He'll be a direct replacement for Mbappe, it's only marginally less suicidal than the current forward setup, which will show if they try running with all 3 in the CL. League/Cup, yeah, who gives a feck really.

I could see them signing and not giving a feck about it even though the CL is their dream.

Bojan Djordjic

Seriously?
Things are going from bad to worse and all some are worried about is Ronaldo?
Do you really think that a very significant part of things going from bad to worse isn't down to Ronaldo and the effect he has on tactics, team dynamics and the coaches ability to make changes in games that involve hauling him off. He's cancer to the team and his signing is another symptom of how stupid this club is. FFS, even Arsenal are looking smarter than us these days.

Gehrman

He'll be a direct replacement for Mbappe, it's only marginally less suicidal than the current forward setup, which will show if they try running with all 3 in the CL. League/Cup, yeah, who gives a feck really.

I could see them signing and not giving a feck about it even though the CL is their dream.
I'd like to see ancient Messi spraying passes to ancient Ronaldo.

Name Changed

weso26
Having a 35 year old Messi and 37 year old Ronaldo in the team would be suicide.
I've basically seen them playing with a 6-0-4 formation this season just to accommodate all their forwards.

Anyway I am not saying they will sign him. I just wouldn't be surprised.

Ondrej

Probably and I wouldn't blame him, this team is shambles.

Zen

Realistically, where do you lot think we would have been if he wasn't with us? In a better place?
Absolutely think we'd be top 4... with Bruno, Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho likely all in (much?) better form. Their numbers have dropped to basically nothing to compensate Ronaldo's goals. Forget Cavani too, since I think he's been heavily out due to injury/travel issues?

CL.... yeah, he's probably been a difference maker in a reasonably tough group.

redshaw

Think he will go.

The other players seem to resent him and the situation he arrived in and probably tipped the already poor dressing room. It's such a mess now at the club, most of the players are playing so poorly to provide service or stop the goals going in, the managers haven't dealt with resting him at key times. Ronnie looks poor right now and he's salvaged many games this season but now he's looking knackered we're losing and drawing games we should've have done earlier on in the season.

I think a well functioning team team with better attitudes would utilize Ronaldo well, we just have been awful all season throughout the whole team, it's like the straw that broke the camels back this Ronaldo move. A bad move for him but it's perhaps shone a light on our poor squad and casual nature within the club. I knew Ole wouldn't last that long with Varane and Ronaldo there, serial winners, I highlighted this could go bad, we were the plucky Bruno led team getting top 4 and playing dross before he came, I don't think the players like the presence and being told, given speeches etc. The club isn't geared to win things, this half arsed nature comes from the top to get top 4 if you can lads Family club plc.

Last edited:

Ranger2d

The only positive of not getting top 4 is Ronaldo potentially leaving. We need to go the Arsenal Route and start playing the Young Guns.

CM

We've definitely suffered for having to facilitate Ronaldo. It's not the only reason we're struggling, but we've never played more like a team of individuals than we have this season. That's not a coincidence.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope he does to be honest. He's more of a circus than Pogba.

Gehrman

The AWB cross it to Ronaldo plan isn't working. At least at Juve he had Chiesa.

LoneStar

I hope so. Apart from goals, the current version of Ronaldo offers nothing. No holdup play, no decent passing range, no workrate, can't get past a man.

But the biggest problem is the team has to accomodate him and change style of play to suit him. He could still work really well as a super sub, but there is no way he would be happy with that. We need to be like City where the goals come from everyone, and not dependent on a player or two.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He can go with or without CL. We need a striker not him. He is finished and his overall game is awful

Idxomer

Hopefully, he goes in January because then we'll have a chance against Atletico.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We have an awful habit here at the CAF to turn on our best players at every available opportunity.

De Gea
Maguire
Ronaldo
Pogba
Bruno

Ridiculous behaviour.

Judas

Open to offers
He’s brilliant when he’s scoring, but overall it’s fair to say it’s not exactly a match made in heaven thus far. Been our savior in Europe though.

ExoduS

I hope so. I think we would have done better without him in the team. Not much better, but certainly better. I think he is responsible for drop in form of Cavani, Greenwood and Bruno. Rashford would probably stink this season anyway. I think Sancho would struggle adapting either way. Ronaldo is too big for us at the moment and for his game to be effective, he needs World class midfield. Our midfield is World crap.