Will Ronaldo ask to leave in the summer?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yes I think he will along with Bruno. I know most right now would be happy to see Bruno leave but honestly for me it would be such a shame to let someone of his talent go. It's clear we have no idea how to work him in this bloody 4-2-2-2 system, such a waste.

sugar_kane

Yes I think he will along with Bruno. I know most right now would be happy to see Bruno leave but honestly for me it would be such a shame to let someone of his talent go. It's clear we have no idea how to work him in this bloody 4-2-2-2 system, such a waste.
Doubtful, perhaps a few cranks on Red Cafe and Twitter, but the vast majority of United fans know that he is quality and by some distance the best signing we've made since Fergie.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Dont think we will let bruno leave. About Ronaldo if we trying to create high pressing team then a 37 year old doesbt fit.

bringbackbebe

Sometimes, players at his age who've achieved everything they can want acceptance. He wasn't loved by Juve fans but he's adored by United fans. Asking to leave because he wants one more trophy which makes no difference to his career would tarnish his image with the fans. He will stay and fight or die with us is my guess.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hope so. Like he gives a shit about United anyway.

All this talk about Rashford not caring about United and there is people sitting on Ronaldo's lap when he hardly cared for us twice in his career.

Never mind his lack of pressing and energy. All great with his sour faces and everyone says that's because his team is playing shit - but when another player also pulls sour faces then they become the problem.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Sometimes, players at his age who've achieved everything they can want acceptance. He wasn't loved by Juve fans but he's adored by United fans. Asking to leave because he wants one more trophy which makes no difference to his career would tarnish his image with the fans. He will stay and fight or die with us is my guess.
He only cares about his own image and he isn't gonna tarnish that by playing Lincoln Red Imps and Maccabi Haifa in the Conference League next year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hope so. Like he gives a shit about United anyway.

All this talk about Rashford not caring about United and there is people sitting on Ronaldo's lap when he hardly cared for us twice in his career.

Never mind his lack of pressing and energy. All great with his sour faces and everyone says that's because his team is playing shit - but when another player also pulls sour faces then they become the problem.
The huge difference is that he has the highest of standards.

Players like Rashy don't get the same allowance, as they've not done the same highs for us in the past, and instead of working hard to get out of this run of form do some incredible things like not bothering to even follow up that spill in the last game.
That was unbelievable.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Could see him going to America after the world cup next winter

3 year deal on crazy money in Miami so he can smash in some goals for a few years ... perhaps like beckham with some guarantee about a future MLS franchise... perhaps even popping up on loan for a few weeks at a time during their off season?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, he's going to stay the Premier League is currently the best league in the world and he's not going to join another Premier League team. I don't think there's any interest for any club that would be worth it for him to leave United, he already declined Manchester City so realistically he doesn't have anywhere else to go. United has been playing like shit, but they were playing like that prior to his arrival and he still decided to go there, I think he sees it as a challenge so I think he would stick around at least for another season or two.

Jacob

The sheer disrespect in this thread is appalling. Have you ever thought Ronaldo isn't used to play with shit players. No service or possession.

Maticmaker

Yeah I can see the picture :lol:

It's quite amazing you still can enjoy the online stuffs. You must have really good health. My dad is about your age and he couldn't handle a smartphone or a computer anymore.

Have a good and healthy 2022 sir :)
Thank you and the same to you, lets hope everybody has a better 2022 :)

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Nah, he's going to stay the Premier League is currently the best league in the world and he's not going to join another Premier League team. I don't think there's any interest for any club that would be worth it for him to leave United, he already declined Manchester City so realistically he doesn't have anywhere else to go. United has been playing like shit, but they were playing like that prior to his arrival and he still decided to go there, I think he sees it as a challenge so I think he would stick around at least for another season or two.
He had no other club to move with his massive wages.
Mendes offered him to PSG, and they rejected the offer.
And i doubt City was going to sign him at 36, certainly United was his only option.

Tallis

He should stay and help the team through this rebuild. He should try to take a little bit of backseat though and not expect to play every game efc.

Bebestation

The huge difference is that he has the highest of standards.

Players like Rashy don't get the same allowance, as they've not done the same highs for us in the past, and instead of working hard to get out of this run of form do some incredible things like not bothering to even follow up that spill in the last game.
That was unbelievable.
That's fair, but ultimately he is Ruud Van Nistlerooy to me now.

And fans are acting the exact same way they would have if SAF decided to keep RVN as the main man of the team and watched to see if Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Tevez could set the ball up for him

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bruno isn't going anywhere. He signed a 6 year contract when he joined us.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Put the ball at his feet and he will score. Put the Ball on his head and he will score.

His conversion ratio is amongst the best in the world, if not the best in the world.

it’s not Ronaldo, it’s his support. He is making the right runs. They are just not finding him because the majority of them lack the quality.

Has anybody got a completed passing stats for United?

Put the ball at his feet and he will score. Put the Ball on his head and he will score.

His conversion ratio is amongst the best in the world, if not the best in the world.

it’s not Ronaldo, it’s his support. He is making the right runs. They are just not finding him because the majority of them lack the quality.

Has anybody got a completed passing stats for United?
That’s the problem, he’s an old man and needs the ball at his feet or on his head as you say. We could bring Paul Scholes out of retirement again if that’s the case.

Premier league has changed and so has Ronaldo. Nobody is saying it’s a bad thing he plays for us, he’s bloody Ronaldo of course it’s amazing to have him in the squad.

The problem is him being the leading man when he can’t even run past a player anymore. You can’t win the premier league with only 10 players these days, needs to be 11 players fully participating in every moment of the game.

Satsuma United

If he asks to leave then he is not a true United legend. It would be a great test actually.

Water Melon

Bring him on for the last 30 minutes and he is likely to be more energetic and fruitful. He is too old to be a starter in PL now, which is no shame at his age. If he is not happy about being a super sub, then let him leave.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

And fans are acting the exact same way they would have if SAF decided to keep RVN as the main man of the team and watched to see if Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Tevez could set the ball up for him
You are right in a way, but then indirectly mention the huge difference in the two scenarios.
Namely that we had 2 generational talents swiftly improving.

Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood have it all to do to get anywhere near the conversation with those two.

Jibbs

Are you seriously comparing Rooney, Tevez and Nani with the likes of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho? I have hgh expectations from Greenwood and Sancho, but Rashford and Mrtial definitely don't belong there, were they any good, they'd have won us something already like young Ronaldo, Ronney did at this age.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
The sheer disrespect in this thread is appalling. Have you ever thought Ronaldo isn't used to play with shit players. No service or possession.
Should have signed Benzema and Ronaldo, not just Ronaldo

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don't really care. I don't buy into the "he's problem" narrative. He's a good a player for us, but if he doesn't want to be here he can feck off. I feel the same way about literally every other player.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He's a great finisher but that's it. He needs a club dedicated to that and it can't be us.

VivaRonaldo85

He would be a brilliant asset for the last 20-30 minute of games to nick bags of goals against more weary defenders but his brand simply won’t allow that. I think where we end up in the league answers the thread question. Top 4 and he’ll stay for a second season. Europa league and I think he’s gone with a ridiculous financial deal to the MLS sorted.

Bebestation

Are you seriously comparing Rooney, Tevez and Nani with the likes of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho? I have hgh expectations from Greenwood and Sancho, but Rashford and Mrtial definitely don't belong there, were they any good, they'd have won us something already like young Ronaldo, Ronney did at this age.
And when did I say they were the same as Rooney and Co?

The fact is that even if we did have them then RVN or a 36 year old Ronaldo will stop the improvement of a potentially growing player.

This is not just to Rashford or Greenwood who are currently hated upon in society- even though they were expected to win the league this season; but this also includes Sancho who is a 80 million player that 90% of Redcafe wanted. What about Amad? I know crap all about it but is he going to progress with every single attacking move trying to get the best out of Ronaldo or RVN? Not for me.

What about Bruno Fernandes? A player who is not young. A player that should start winning titles in a major career - his time at United has backtracked to winning crap all because now he is playing like his Portugal National team version where every single player in that team is trying to get the best out of Ronaldo.

Anyway, I wasn't ever trying to bring this up - but I do find it interesting that: whilst I don't think any of our players in our squad has the level of ever being a Ronaldo or Rooney - let's say I'm not at all surprised that you think none of our players in our squad has the ability of someone like Tevez or Nani. Acting like they are on the same level as Ronaldo or Rooney is shocking.

crossy1686

career ending
He’ll probably do what he did at Juventus over the summer. Come in, clear his locker, say goodbye and let us know he won’t be coming back.

I don’t think he’s the problem, we need a clear out more importantly, but he’s a distraction.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Wonder what he means with this bit
He mentions something about having to destroy things in order to build new ones, so I think it must be something along those lines; like changing the mentalitym depart from the old ways and perhaps also a change in personnel.