Will Ronaldo ask to leave in the summer?

Revaulx

We should think about why Ronaldo came back to the UK, it wasn't the weather that brought him back and he was never likely to go to City, despite all the noise, no it was specifically to play the returning hero at United.

CR believed he could help United raise its self to its former levels of glory in particular to win some silverware; he may, or may not, have been encouraged in these thoughts by SAF (jury still out on that one) but he believed it, that is until he got back and found everything different from top to bottom.

They say "never go back" ...Cristiano is now experiencing that sentiment for real.
Indeed. He probably should have done some due diligence.

Nickelodeon

He just wouldn't play Europa league. If we don't qualify for the CL, he's not staying.

That's the only silver lining of the season for me to be honest. Assuming Ralf is given some funds and capacity to make decisions, the likes of Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Lingard etc leaving would help us in building a team that Ralf and the new guy will want while clearing up space on the wage front. Obviously, it sounds theoretically better but we have a disbalanced and bloated squad which requires a lot of fine tuning. We can focus on a style of play and sign players according to it rather than have a scattergun approach where we're signing names rather than players who have a set role.

Jibbs

And when did I say they were the same as Rooney and Co?

The fact is that even if we did have them then RVN or a 36 year old Ronaldo will stop the improvement of a potentially growing player.

This is not just to Rashford or Greenwood who are currently hated upon in society- even though they were expected to win the league this season; but this also includes Sancho who is a 80 million player that 90% of Redcafe wanted. What about Amad? I know crap all about it but is he going to progress with every single attacking move trying to get the best out of Ronaldo or RVN? Not for me.

What about Bruno Fernandes? A player who is not young. A player that should start winning titles in a major career - his time at United has backtracked to winning crap all because now he is playing like his Portugal National team version where every single player in that team is trying to get the best out of Ronaldo.

Anyway, I wasn't ever trying to bring this up - but I do find it interesting that: whilst I don't think any of our players in our squad has the level of ever being a Ronaldo or Rooney - let's say I'm not at all surprised that you think none of our players in our squad has the ability of someone like Tevez or Nani. Acting like they are on the same level as Ronaldo or Rooney is shocking.
I did not say they not have the same ability as Tevez or Nani. I think they do, they are simply not performing at that level for quite some time now.
Also we highly underestimate Nani here. He was sensational from 2009 to 2012.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I’d think the personnel one is the one he thinks he can’t mention for “ethical” reasons, the mentality one he actually explicitly says so it’s not that. So he’s basically saying “my teammates are shite” isn’t he.
Yeah, I would guess so or perhaps the administration although he might not think they're shit but rather that they sulk up a lot and aren't as competitive driven. Anyway he shouldn't be saying stuff like that if he's not going to be clear about what he refers to.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He just wouldn't play Europa league. If we don't qualify for the CL, he's not staying.

That's the only silver lining of the season for me to be honest. Assuming Ralf is given some funds and capacity to make decisions, the likes of Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba, Lingard etc leaving would help us in building a team that Ralf and the new guy will want while clearing up space on the wage front. Obviously, it sounds theoretically better but we have a disbalanced and bloated squad which requires a lot of fine tuning. We can focus on a style of play and sign players according to it rather than have a scattergun approach where we're signing names rather than players who have a set role.
This is what I suspect to be the best scenario for actual progress of the team over the next few years, maybe it will leave it a bit worse off next season, but over the next 2-3 years it could possibly be the best thing to happen to the club. Freeing up CR7, Pogba, and Cavani's wages just to start off gives a nice bag of money for the team to make the moves needed to build an actual team that makes sense through the sum of its parts.

Pintu

The wife is already missing Turin. And missing the cities in the vicinity (Monte Carlo and Milan).

If Monaco's Russian owner wants to spend money again and challenge the Qataris, Georgina won't say no.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why is it people think the sole reason Ronaldo came back is because we're in the champions league?
Pretty sure he could cope with 1 season not in it!

doomy20

Why are u all so pissed at him? Sure not a lot is working out on the pitch at the moment but by his body language and determination you can tell that at least he cares. Many others of our multimillionaires don’t give a feck.

I hope he stays the full 2 years.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Why is it people think the sole reason Ronaldo came back is because we're in the champions league?
Pretty sure he could cope with 1 season not in it!

I think he completely wants to put the CL record out of Messi's reach.

Dont think at this age he would like to miss one season and let Messi get closer

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
The wife is already missing Turin. And missing the cities in the vicinity (Monte Carlo and Milan).

Whats with foreign footballers and their dislike of Manchester ?

Being London based is definitely an advantage I guess.

WakeAndBeek

Whats with foreign footballers and their dislike of Manchester ?

Being London based is definitely an advantage I guess.
More their wife’s it seems. I guess it’s not exactly a city with a glamourous image, and that’s what attracted most “WAG’s” to their men in the first place.

Utd7

Actually think he will stay due to lack of attractive options.

Assuming Haaland goes to Madrid, that prevents a return to Spain. Can’t see him going to PSG either with Messi already there.

The Siege

Unless PSG want some 'hah we created the messi-ronaldo team that all of you dreamt of in your little fifa video games' cred, who would want him and the balance of his wages, high tactical maintenance and decreasing output?

Ogaranya

He will be around next season top 4 or not because there will be no attractive options out there.
Real are after mbappe and haaland,will not be going after cr7.
We are stuck with him

Gordon Godot

He will be around next season top 4 or not because there will be no attractive options out there.
Real are after mbappe and haaland,will not be going after cr7.
We are stuck with him
I hope he goes. City apparently about to sign their second highly rated young attacking player of the window. We are stuck with a 36 year old prima donna on stupid wages. Yet we wonder why one club is far most successful than the other. Yet I am also shouted down on here at times for pointing out how appallingly badly run our club is and these ongoing stupid decisions show we have no football structre in place worthy of the name. Sad.

Steven Seagull

I hope he goes. City apparently about to sign their second highly rated young attacking player of the window. We are stuck with a 36 year old prima donna on stupid wages. Yet we wonder why one club is far most successful than the other. Yet I am also shouted down on here at times for pointing out how appallingly badly run our club is and these ongoing stupid decisions show we have no football structre in place worthy of the name. Sad.
:lol: of course you are mate. Really swimming against the tide with contrarian comments like that

We need an rvn

I can easily see a situation where a club will offer him what he wants (maybe having to be less than what he’s in now) and us either asking for a nominal small fee just to get him off the books or even agreeing to terminate the contract.

he won’t be here next year (please!)

copen1945

Away from United, I don't think he will have the limelight he seeks. Besides United, none of the teams in the top five leagues in Europe is a possibility. The Portuguese league is a step down, and he still has some lingering troubles in the USA. I think he will stay, so United, Ralf, and the permanent manager must devise tactics that suit him and the squad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
More their wife’s it seems. I guess it’s not exactly a city with a glamourous image, and that’s what attracted most “WAG’s” to their men in the first place.
Or more fundamentally it's not about the city itself and it being glamorous or not. People break up due to location fairly often, girlfriend and family members have lives of their owns, people they care for and enjoy it's not easy for them to simply move thousands of kms away from their social life and they don't have the argument of it being for work.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If he wants to stay, he will simply have to accept that he won't be a certain starter and that his minutes will be carefully managed next season. And we need to buy a proper striker.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's finished, legs are gone and I hope he goes at the end of the season! We need a new striker.

This is on Ole, 3 years as a manager and he signs ighalo, Cavani and Ronaldo as striker, all over 30!!