Will Ronnie be booed?

Dyslexic Untied

I`m sure there has been a couple of threads on this.

If you look at the reaction towards him on here, you`ll see that everyone has a different opinion. Some still love him regardless while others think he`s a cnut.

I reckon he`ll get the same kind of mixed support at OT. Doubt there will be many boos, but he won`t get the same sort of applause as earlier either.

Denis' cuff

doubt he'll get booed - a muted "welcome" until he starts to knock the goals in and it'll get back to a lusty "viva Ronaldo" eventually

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He shouldn't be. We're in a position where we need our team and players performing and booing wouldn't help anybody. Let's just focus on helping push United up the league table...

Kinky Melinky

I'd imagine had the start to our season not been so average, and if it were clear that even without Ronaldo we were kicking the shit out of teams Ronaldo would be booed. But the reality is that a lot of fans realise that we desperately need him - so no, I don't think the majority of fans will boo him. You'll get one or two, but they won't be heard

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If Adebayor cops it for his rubbish... i would say 100% Ronaldo would cop it
Maybe if it was the first game of the season but it's not...what'd be the bloody point? most fans want to see him back, we're not stupid to think ok we got him back let's boo. It'd be stupid

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
Not possible to speak on the behalf of 78,000 fans
I can only go from the reactions, and if he gets booed it probably won't be by many (as there will always be some doing it).

I'm pretty sure some will sing Viva Ronaldo as well, but I wouldn't say "yes" if someone had asked "will people sing Viva Ronaldo when he returns" as I'm speaking about the majority of fans.

Tibs

I'm sure there will be some clowns who will boo...I mean, if somebody can go to the trouble of making a banner having a go at Ronnie at ole's testimonial, a few hundred booing should be expected.

Still, everyone will be cheering when he gets a goal or 2

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
How feckin' small time is booing?

I wont exactly be chanting his name from the off, but there's no way i'd ever consider booing a Utd player.

Name Changed

weso26
He probably is a bit of a cnut. He probably will be booed. But it is wrong to do so. He is still a United player and no player who puts on the red shirt should be booed by his own fans. We should support all our players

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
The delay in his playing for us again will surely have diluted a fiar bit of any hostility, and our current leage position/the importance of the game will do much of the rest i imagine.

This isn't to say that te support people show him will be the same, but open opposition like booing him will be minimal i expect.

Brophs

The One and Only
He probably is a bit of a cnut. He probably will be booed. But it is wrong to do so. He is still a United player and no player who puts on the red shirt should be booed by his own fans. We should support all our players
That should probably go without saying, but it isn't always the case, on here especially.

Crustanoid

There's no way I'd boo him. He's apologised to the fans, and he is still our player. How will booing him help the team?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
On a personal level, I'll never boo United player. He's at the club because SAF and the club want him, that should be end of matter.

I can't see myself singing Viva Ronaldo for a very long time mind.

Rooney24

I dont think he will be booed (even though he might deserve it), though if he is it will be by small pockets of fans that probably wont last very long.

Though I have a feeling we have heard the last of viva Ronaldo, unless he has a far superior season to last years, which I dont see happening.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
What's the chances of the magnificent seven theme over the PA?, like when Eric came back after justifiably booting that cockney?

Maybe not off long enough, not to mention United's PA boys being so bleeding bland and tedious.

Merman

I don't think he will be booed. Fans may remain silent, but they certainly won't boo him. He may not be forgiven, but what he did this summer will be soon forgotten.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I'll be reluctantly shaking you-know-what at the screen.

Your genitals?

Whats the point in booing him? he knows hes been a dick. were not playing too well at the moment so lets be man united, team and fans and get behind him. the little cnuty face.
Ill be well dissapointed if the fans boo him when he comes on - saying that saf may well start him to counter that situation.

BahamaRed

Legend
He would only have been booed if his situation would not have been sorted yet. And even then, the OT crowd is not akin to booing their own players......at least not since they've been winning things. Might be different if we were mid table, I might say.
He's said and done all the right things since his real 'I stay' and although it's probably only for a another year or two, I say enjoy him while you can. You may never witness anyone as good in your lifetime.
Cnut.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Throughout the saga in the summer, I was as disgusted as anyone else over his actions, but I just can't wait to see him in action. You can say what you like about him but he'll always give his all and I for one hope the fans don't give him too much of a hard time.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I would like to think our own fans have a bit more sense than that.

Saying that, if he does get any then it's not exactly a huge injustice.

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
Your genitals?

Whats the point in booing him? he knows hes been a dick. were not playing too well at the moment so lets be man united, team and fans and get behind him. the little cnuty face.
Ill be well dissapointed if the fans boo him when he comes on - saying that saf may well start him to counter that situation.
Unfortunately, it's my head.