Will we be up to speed for the Leeds game?

yamo123x

Good mixture of optimism and pessimism in this post.

I think we will start something like this and prob get a 1-1 draw.

De gea

AWB MAGUIRE LINDELOF WILLIAMS

MATIC MCTOMINAY
BRUNO

JAMES GREENWOOD LINGARD

I dont see how OLE will throw in Sancho, Martial, Fred, Cavani, Pogba, Shaw,Varane so soon.

Leeds will be right on it though, so given circumstances id take a draw.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

De gea

MATIC MCTOMINAY
BRUNO

JAMES GREENWOOD LINGARD

I dont see how OLE will throw in Sancho, Martial, Fred, Cavani, Pogba, Shaw,Varane so soon.

I think you got it about right. But hopefully they arrange a 90mins BCD match with Rangers or some one this week.

justsomebloke

City had suffered from the same lack of pre-season as much as United last summer.
They're the closest, at least. We finished about the same time (City 15 August, United 17 August, I remembered that wrong, thought it was the previous week for City), but they played just two UCL games after the PL finished, while we played three EL games.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Made it to the Copa America quarter finals I think
Really! Gosh, I though he had retired from international duty (to lengthen his career) I must have dreamt that one.

Thanks for the update.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
That is not my point. The club at no point has thrown De Gea out of the equation. If the club had any idea to completely ditch De Gea, they would have actively put him in the market this summer. Or at least given some feelers to media/agents that he is up for grabs.
Personally, I don't think Henderson improves the team by leaps and bounds or something. I would be scared to go into the season with Henderson as no 1 and Heaton as backup.
I am sure this is elsewhere on the site, but if not, I read yesterday Henderson has been struggling with covid and as a result De Gea will start as no.1 and be in goal vs Leeds for the opening fixture.

Smores

Season hasn't even started and we've the negativity and excuses already.

Plenty of our players will be match fit. Like every other top team we'll just rotate some of those who have had busy summers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So many leaving Sancho out? :lol:

Been training all Summer but little match time so will be absolutely raring to go.
No reason not to start him.
Eh, new signings with not a lot of time with the team tend to get eased in. If we have Cavani, Bruno, Martial, Greenwood and Pogba all fit to pick from then I'd bet Sancho doesn't start the first game. Good chance Cavani is on the bench too if he hasn't joined the squad yet!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
All the big guns would have prolly 1 preseason game under their belt. We won’t see their best till after the international break and by that time our tough games will begin. For a 2nd season in a row we won’t start well.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Eh, new signings with not a lot of time with the team tend to get eased in. If we have Cavani, Bruno, Martial, Greenwood and Pogba all fit to pick from then I'd bet Sancho doesn't start the first game. Good chance Cavani is on the bench too if he hasn't joined the squad yet!
Yeah I'm pretty sure Sancho won't be starting given he hasn't trained yet.

Onerealunited

I am afraid we Mighty lose some point in the first couple weeks. Given the limited amount of time our best players have been with the team after their respective holidays and us just having one preparation game left it might take 3-4 weeks before the team is in form. I hope in that period we can scrap as many point in as together but don’t expect us to get max points with the Leeds game being the most difficult one and one where I won’t be surprised if we lost

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don’t believe in that, it’s nonsensical bollocks. Just look at Bruno & Maguire.
Class players can jump straight in and perform.
It literally happens all the time. Especially when the player has been away for 3 weeks and won't be match fit, and to add we'll actually have good options to pick from. Different when you have no depth or if the player has been playing and in full training. Not the case here with either Sancho or Varane.

A-man

As many others, I fear we might lose some unnecessary points at the start of the season. And the first matches are really must-wins for a team fighting for the title. I don’t know what is the best/worst way. Is it to play not-up-to-speed first xi players in order for them to get in form, or to play bench players who are up to speed?

Green Arrow

I don't think we will be having said that Ole must know who will be starting that Leeds game. The Everton game he should be putting out the first team that will play the Leeds game so they are match fit.

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
Leeds probably will put out their first team tonight v Ajax and Saturday v Villareal so interesting to see what shape they are in.

Xaviboy

Will Varane & Sancho be available for this. Need a good start to the season. Tough game to start out.

Dazzmondo

De gea

MATIC MCTOMINAY
BRUNO

JAMES GREENWOOD LINGARD

We would definitely lose to Leeds if we put out that team. Thankfully I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of us playing a team like that. I could see Varane missing the 1st game since he's arriving to training so late but I'd be shocked if Shaw and Sancho aren't starting. I also think it's unlikely Martial won't be playing up front. I do think we may see Matic in midfield which isn't ideal.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
After seeing Leeds getting demolished in the first half against Ajax today, i'm sure it'll be a rather easy game.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
After seeing Leeds getting demolished in the first half against Ajax today, i'm sure it'll be a rather easy game.
Been poor all through pre season, doesn't mean much but you'd expect better preparation than constant poor results :lol:

Dazzmondo

Leeds getting stuffed 3-0 by Ajax l.ol. Promising that they still don't know how to defend

432JuanMata

Leeds suit us by attacking so hopefully we can hit them early as they will be fitter IMO as Bielsa is known for heavy fitness. We can’t afford to start slow as we are underdogs especially to City for the title and a bad start will mostly kill us

The Cluck

Hopefully this will be enough to get the job done:

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw

McTominay - Matic

Greenwood - Bruno - Lingard

Martial

Most have had (almost) a full preseason. Pogba, Sancho, Cavani etc. to possibly make an impact from the bench if necessary.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Hopefully this will be enough to get the job done:

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw

McTominay - Matic

Greenwood - Bruno - Lingard

Martial

Most have had (almost) a full preseason. Pogba, Sancho, Cavani etc. to possibly make an impact from the bench if necessary.
Martial, Bruno, McTominay, Shaw, Lindelof, Maguire haven't. So not really right?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We've been incredibly unlucky now two years running with this pre season stuff.

However City started slowly last year and still won the title at a canter so it can't be used as too much of an excuse.

Dominos

Season hasn't even started and we've the negativity and excuses already.

Plenty of our players will be match fit. Like every other top team we'll just rotate some of those who have had busy summers.
Did you see what happened last season when our first team didn't have a pre season?

Greenwood and AWB will be the only genuine starting 11 players that have had a pre season. Everyone else will have 1 game or 0 games.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Leeds were comfortably beaten by a very young Ajax side earlier. Hopefully we won't need to be at 100 % to beat the cnuts.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
We'll beat Leeds. We're never at 100% for the start of the season, but we'll still beat Leeds though. You folk need to relax, we're gonna have a great season and challenge for the title.

Gator Nate

The negativity in the thread... :houllier:

I don't think we'll be any further behind any top teams on fitness. And we're ahead on talent against the others.

My only real concern is the arrival of Verrane, how soon can he be integrated?

Beyond that, this team is already way ahead of where we were last year at the beginning of the season - they'll at least have one real preseason match plus two weeks' training ahead of the first League match, which will be on time and several weeks ahead of last year's first match, so less congestion in the future. I don't forsee a change from 4-2-3-1 to start, but Ole will still have time during the first weeks to work out a 4-3-3 if he so chooses.

Red Royal

Just got a ticket for the game I cannot wait it has been so long.

Really hope to see Varane and Sancho start although looking less likely.

Wont be an easy game but, come on!!!!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We saw what happened first game v Palace at home last season. We were utterly off the pace and looked like a team of fat dads against Olympians.

Really hope we're on it, whoever actually plays.

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
Good result and performance by Man Utd today.

For info Leeds final preseason friendly v a strong Villareal side is at 1-1 after 15 mins . Leeds lost a goal after 9 seconds go a deflected own goal, Klich just equalised with a shot from distance set up by Raphinia.

Leeds not at complete full strength with Phillips back and on the bench and Llorente and Firpo both missing from Leeds defence.