Will we finish above Newcastle?

croadyman

I thought they were dead in the water a month ago, now I'm not so sure.

Just as I thought we'd be turning a corner with Martial, Eriksen, and Casemiro returning, now I'm worried that Rashford could be out for a bit and if that happens we're in big trouble.
Yeah one day we will have fully fit XI again,can't see Newcastle dropping many more points apart from maybe Spurs and Arsenal

RedIan

As long as we get top 4 im not bothered about third, means nothing. We have the harder remain8ng fixtures on paler, Newcastle have hit top form whilst we are still a bit up and down.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Looking like two from us, Newcastle and Spurs for top four, so if we do finish above Newcastle then we should finish top four. I think it’s going to be a slog, especially with Rashford looking out for a while, but we should hopefully just get over the line.

Off or On the Wagon

I don't see how Man Utd could compete with Newcastle, maybe even Tottenham, in the Premier league. Of course I am hoping for the best, but the fixtures look very different. Newcastle and Tottenham only have league games left, but Man Utd also Europa league and FA Cup. They are very important and I don't see how the team could try nothing but win both of them. I am afraid the league might come secondary. The best I hope is 4th in the league, win Europa league and a miracle in FA Cup. If all goes wrong, ETH can kick the Carabao cup off a window of his office.

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
I don't see how Man Utd could compete with Newcastle, maybe even Tottenham, in the Premier league. Of course I am hoping for the best, but the fixtures look very different. Newcastle and Tottenham only have league games left, but Man Utd also Europa league and FA Cup. They are very important and I don't see how the team could try nothing but win both of them. I am afraid the league might come secondary. The best I hope is 4th in the league, win Europa league and a miracle in FA Cup. If all goes wrong, ETH can kick the Carabao cup off a window of his office.
:lol: Definitely off the wagon!:lol:

JimmyWils

This has to be a wind up, surely? We can't compete with Tottenham? That team is on its arse plus we're ahead with a game in hand.

What a weird take.

AFC NimbleThumb

I don’t think you can overestimate how much Casemiro & Eriksen returning to the base of the midfield will change how we are in attack.

The potential loss of Rashford is a huge one but we’ll be putting the likes of Sancho, Antony, Bruno & co. into better positions from simply having players that can keep & pass the ball better.

We go to Spurs, that’s the game that matters. Don’t lose.

We will get Top 4, finishing above Newcastle may be tricky but they’ve got some big games to come themselves.

mctrials23

I think Newcastle will probably pip us to third. They are in good form and seem to be getting a bit of luck at the moment as well as playing well. We will miss Rashford but I think with Eriksen and Casemiro back in the side along with a (hopefully) fit Martial we should be fine. Shame Garnacho is injured as he is one of our biggest gamechangers but hey ho.

I don't see this Spurs side troubling us because they are simply crap. They are just sneaking results due to Kane and Son at the moment along with some massive slices of luck.

DarnleyDevil7

Newcastle will be so confident at the moment and fear no one, so I reckon they are gonna pick up the required points to secure top 4.

Our trip to Spurs at the end of the month is shaping up to be so important. The return of key players couldn't be happening at a better time.

So many fixtures in so many competitions is gonna be tough, but this is what it's all about. Love the fact that the squad need to dig deep and feel the pressure to deliver so late into different competitions. All part of being a Manchester United player. Super excited and hopeful that we will get our hands on more silverware.

Woziak

United squad is vastly superior to Spurs and better than Newcastle’s too.
We have two Europa league games with a Forrest game sandwiched in between them, not ideal but with players like Casemeiro and Eriksen back, Sabitzer, Mctominay and Bruno hitting some form I’m quite confident.

Our home form is very good and I can see us getting 3 wins and 1 draw in remaining 4 home games( Villa, Fulham, Chelsea, Wolves) The fixtures away are just as tricky with Brighton, Spurs, Bouremouth and West Ham all to play after Forrest. We basically need to win 3 of those 5 games or 2 wins and 1 draw providing we get 10 points from remaining home games. If we conclude with 17 points from last 9 games that’s 73 points, guarantees top 4 however I think Newcastle would pip us on 74 points. If we get 19 points from last 9 games we finish 3rd simple!

In conclusion Spurs have Newcastle, United and Liverpool still to play they will lose at least 1 of them and probably draw 1 too. That Means even if they win the other 5 they can only get a max of 72 points. They face Newcastle and united in 3 days this month, to qualify they would have to win both games and still hope Newcastle and united drop points.

There is a fixture congestion, yes but we have 4 decent Full backs, 2 outstanding Cbs and 3 very good options, a couple of world class midfielders, three very good pl class midfielders and Fred. All of a sudden that’s a lot of options in defence and midfield. We just need Marcus to have a little rest, hopefully back for Forrest at weekend and hope that Martial, Antony, Sancho, Pellistri, Elanga and Weghorst step up, yeh the last two don’t inspire me with confidence tbf?

Lost bear

I think Newcastle will probably pip us to third. They are in good form and seem to be getting a bit of luck at the moment as well as playing well. We will miss Rashford but I think with Eriksen and Casemiro back in the side along with a (hopefully) fit Martial we should be fine. Shame Garnacho is injured as he is one of our biggest gamechangers but hey ho.

I don't see this Spurs side troubling us because they are simply crap. They are just sneaking results due to Kane and Son at the moment along with some massive slices of luck.
Yesterday being a case in point.

Lost bear

This has to be a wind up, surely? We can't compete with Tottenham? That team is on its arse plus we're ahead with a game in hand.

What a weird take.
I think he means due to fixture congestion.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
So many games they look like dropping points. Would be surprised if they didn’t go on another winless run.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
They are back in the form from the start of the season because of good play or luck. It'll be tough to finish above them, especially with Rashford out (probably) until May

Todd

As long as we get top 4 im not bothered about third, means nothing. We have the harder remain8ng fixtures on paler, Newcastle have hit top form whilst we are still a bit up and down.
I can't remember if this is the case, but I thought 3rd meant automatic group qualification in the CL and 4th mean a home & away playoff in order to qualify?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Don't really care as the difference between 3rd and 4th is literally nothing.

We juat need to make sure we don't let Spurs get any nearer. Newcastle aren't going anywhere so it's about making top 4 secure then 3rd/4th is a complete irrelevance if we still have cups to go for.

Redbandito

I can't remember if this is the case, but I thought 3rd meant automatic group qualification in the CL and 4th mean a home & away playoff in order to qualify?
4th is automatically qualified.

Westerkerk

Barcodes will drop points, and so will we. I see us finishing 4th under them, and if you'd have given me 4th at the start of the season I'd have bitten your hand off. It is a shame that we have had spells of poor performances that have cost us points.

I'm less worried about Spurs catching up to us in 5th, I don't see them going on a run any more consistent than us in order to overtake us.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I just want to be in that top 4 for now.

We have to lay a marker down at Forest. Anything but a win there and vultures are circling.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Does it matter?

Would like a strong run to finish the season and provide a baseline for the start of next season. If in this scenario, Newcastle finish 3rd, kudos to them. We go again next season

miked99

Hard to know how it's going to play out for Newcastle. All season long they've performed well above expectations, until a few games before the cup final where they dropped off and lost their way. Thought that was it, but all of a sudden they seem completely rejuvenated. Meanwhile, it's our turn to show inconsistent form and now we've lost Rashford.

I'll stick my neck out and say 'yes' but not with any huge confidence. I am confident of getting top 4 though.

Eugenius

Is it even really a fair comparison? We've gone deep in 4 competitions, had the majority of our team at the World Cup and had several of our first XI out for extended periods (Eriksen, Martial, Martinez, Varane, Casemiro - arguably Sancho & Garnacho). If we had one game a week for most of the season we would comfortably be ahead of them.

RyRy11

One more game. We have to win against Fulham as there's no chance they're dropping points to Chelsea. Looking at the first few pages not many people thought it'd run this close.

always_hoping

One more game. We have to win against Fulham as there's no chance they're dropping points to Chelsea. Looking at the first few pages not many people thought it'd run this close.
Newcastle will beat Chelsea no doubt and Man United will likely select a mainly 2nd choice team against Fulham so points drop is a high possibility.

Irwin99

I'm obviously biased but although Newcastle have scored more and conceded less, up until the cup final we were comfortably the third best team in England until fatigue crept in. I'd say we deserve third place but it's no big deal if we get 4th.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yes but reserve the right to change my mind.