Will we need to revise our expectations of Ole following this transfer window?

Crashoutcassius

We are Manchester United. Sir Alex has gone a transfer window with just Bebe, Chris Smalling, chicharito and linderergaard and still did well in that season. We are setting the bar tooo low for Ole and it seems the job is to big for him if fans keeps setting expectations lower.

My expectations will still be the same, and I expect a good challenge for the title. We have the best attack in the league, best defense, and a solid midfield with two world class midfielder. It would be a failure if we don’t win a trophy again and challenge for the title.
so if liverpool get 100 pts and our bench is dan james oghalo for 6 months and lingard you reckon ole should get 101 pts? or just 97 pts?

this isn't an easy title to challenge for, it is the most difficult point in modern history to take the title with two sides that look capable of 100pt seasons. if we really think Ole should be hitting those heights we surely have to at least back him with some signings

Paul_Scholes18

We are Manchester United. Sir Alex has gone a transfer window with just Bebe, Chris Smalling, chicharito and linderergaard and still did well in that season. We are setting the bar tooo low for Ole and it seems the job is to big for him if fans keeps setting expectations lower.

My expectations will still be the same, and I expect a good challenge for the title. We have the best attack in the league, best defense, and a solid midfield with two world class midfielder. It would be a failure if we don’t win a trophy again and challenge for the title.
It will be harder to win a trophy this season. No league cup and we are playing in the CL.
It would be nice to win CL, but we are looking far away from that level. Although in a cup who knows.
Then we have the Fa cup. If we go strong in that one then we can maybe win it.
The league will be hard without quality depth to cope with a full season. We really need to avoid injuries and play our first 11 in 95% of the games to stand a chance.

Zen86

Ole in brigade are trying to cover Ole arse because they know his luck is slowly running out and will have to start showing his managerial capacity which not many thinks he has to elevate us to the next level.
I don’t want to be rude, but have you been smoking crack?

Canadianred17

Even without reinforcements, we should end up 4th or Ole has to be sacked at the end of the season. No one can convince me that Tottenham, Arsenal or Wolves should be finishing ahead of us.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
so if liverpool get 100 pts and our bench is dan james oghalo for 6 months and lingard you reckon ole should get 101 pts? or just 97 pts?

this isn't an easy title to challenge for, it is the most difficult point in modern history to take the title with two sides that look capable of 100pt seasons. if we really think Ole should be hitting those heights we surely have to at least back him with some signings
It will be harder to win a trophy this season. No league cup and we are playing in the CL.
It would be nice to win CL, but we are looking far away from that level. Although in a cup who knows.
Then we have the Fa cup. If we go strong in that one then we can maybe win it.
The league will be hard without quality depth to cope with a full season. We really need to avoid injuries and play our first 11 in 95% of the games to stand a chance.
With MMM, and Bruno into this team, and If all stay fit, we can definitely hit that margin. After restart, we were the best team in the league. No reason why that shouldn’t continue into next season, especially when our team is relatively young and will only get better. I expect signing bc our boards has done a fantastic job supporting our managers, but not to a level where we once again significantly outspend our rivals.

Kag

I expect positive, attacking football and continued development of players such as Martial, Rashford and Greenwood. I’m not expecting miracles, however. We’re an injury to one or two key players away from fielding Championship plodders. If we don’t improve the squad through two or three signings then I’m expecting more inconsistency, especially given the likelihood of injuries.

He'sRaldo

With MMM, and Bruno into this team, and If all stay fit, we can definitely hit that margin. After restart, we were the best team in the league. No reason why that shouldn’t continue into next season, especially when our team is relatively young and will only get better. I expect signing bc our boards has done a fantastic job supporting our managers, but not to a level where we once again significantly outspend our rivals.
Agreed.

I think the people saying 6th are just saying that so if Ole comes 4th he'd have 'overachieved'. In reality there's no scenario where 6th is a perfectly acceptable outcome for the manager.

4th is bare minimum, challenge is expected, and a win is an over-achievement.

ti vu

No.

Even someone like Zidane had to quit when he didn't agree with F.Perez. Then Zidane came back after F.Perez compromised after the failure of previous season.

If Ole just accepts to be a Woodward's pawn, then he'a judged by result. He as the manager held the responsibility for the team failure. If he feels being hindered by Woodward, then it's his job to speak out.

Crashoutcassius

funny that nobody said last summer that this is a squad that should be getting 100 pts, one of the greatest ever premiership sides.

we have performed well above expectation for half a season if you ask me, which is a credit to Ole, but we need to build on it and not assume that this squad is ready and capable of winning a title.

I feel funny saying it since 99% of united fans and football fans probably share this view, that this squad would be massively overperforming to win the title off liverpool / city without major reinforcements. Clubs can overperform of course but not forever

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
funny that nobody said last summer that this is a squad that should be getting 100 pts, one of the greatest ever premiership sides.

we have performed well above expectation for half a season if you ask me, which is a credit to Ole, but we need to build on it and not assume that this squad is ready and capable of winning a title.

I feel funny saying it since 99% of united fans and football fans probably share this view, that this squad would be massively overperforming to win the title off liverpool / city without major reinforcements. Clubs can overperform of course but not forever
A lot of factors came into place that made this team capable of reaching the 100 point margin. The first is the MMM. We have one of the most deadliest attack once Ole finally realized that he needed to drop James for Greenwood. The second is the signing of Bruno. The third is the return of Pogba and Matic finding his old form. The fourth is a continued defensive partnership with little alteration. The fifth is the incredible amount of luck Ole has. All these are factors that was not in place last summer. I would not give a lot of the credit to Ole, as he has not produced any tactical miracle or innovative gameplan that we saw with Klopp at Liverpool, Poch at Spurs or Pep with City. The recruitment has been spot on though and if Ole had a lot of say in that, then he deserves credit for that.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Even if everyone stays fit ( what won't happen ) , no way they all can perform well regularely, especially considering the tight schedule . Also CL demands more than EL . 2 or more quality signings' or United could even struggle to get top 4.

Canadianred17

Even if everyone stays fit ( what won't happen ) , no way they all can perform well regularely, especially considering the tight schedule . Also CL demands more than EL . 2 or more quality signings' or United could even struggle to get top 4.
Struggle to make the top 4? Spurs, Leicester, Arsenal, and Wolves don't have a better squad than ours. Not making the top 4 is a massive failure for Ole.