Will you be paying for the Newcastle game?

Will you pay to watch the Newcastle match?

• Total voters

sugar_kane

Having just paid 10 quid (NOW TV day pass) to watch us get thumped by Jose’s Spurs 6-1 and the same for the Palace game I’m not sure if I can bring myself to do it, especially in the context of the money going to the scumbags running our club and the money grabbers of the EPL.

I’ve spent hundreds of pounds these past years going to OT, paying for SKY/BT and kept it up (save cancelling sky and opting for day passes instead) no matter how crap we werebut the idea of paying SKY 15 quid to watch this tepid, training match, empty stadium shite on TV is a step too far I feel.

At least having spent 50 quid watching us shart out a 0-1 loss against Burnley or someone with no shots on target, I still enjoyed spending the afternoon at OT and supporting the lads in the flesh, so I didn’t mind forking spending so much.

I also want to be part of letting the EPL know what a scummy idea this Box Office is during a pandemic, and I hope the number of people paying is tiny.

(I’ll no doubt have cracked by 8pm and be deeply regretting paying about 15 minutes in...)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well we have tons of posters who will buying Xbox XS as their second console so..

Castia

No chance. If it was £5 I would but I’m not paying £15 a game.

muller

Nope. I'll find a stream somewhere. Maybe. Harder to come by this year.

Looks like if this is the way things are going i'll go for IPTV or something. I was happy to pay the higher cost for skysports and BT - I get my value out of them for football, NFL, College Football, NBA etc.. but a big reason I have them is to watch United.

Not a chance i'm paying £15 a game.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’ll watch it at a mates house. We’ll all throw in about £2.50 each. I’m sure the PL thought long & hard about how the extortionate price will effect the governments COVID rules... oh wait..

These idiots are just encouraging mass gatherings with this price. If it was a fiver id probably just watch it at home.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Looks like if this is the way things are going i'll go for IPTV or something. I was happy to pay the higher cost for skysports and BT - I get my value out of them for football, NFL, College Football, NBA etc.. but a big reason I have them is to watch United.

I've been considering IPTV lately. I found a free one but I wouldn't expect it to show Live PL games easily or to any quality - will find out tomorrow!

jackal&hyde

This is daylight robbery. Can't believe they are doing this.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Nope I live in Cambodia so will watch for free on TV!

klayton88

I won't be watching an illegal stream. No chance. Don't think about PM'ing me about 10 mins before kick off as I won't have links.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I won't be watching an illegal stream. No chance. Don't think about PM'ing me about 10 mins before kick off as I won't have links.
I won’t bother to message anyone, even though there are about 100 soccer streams around. It’s immoral

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
I'm not paying, will be watching via illegal
stream.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
A mix of the price and this being a terrible idea means there's no chance I'll be buying it. If loads of people do then the business model is justified and we can expect to see it for the bigger clashes in a post-covid world.

pacifictheme

Prem teams spend a billion on players and then decide the obscene amounts of money they already get aren't enough. Instead of tightening belts like every other industry in the country, making players on tens of thousands of pounds a week take a pay cut, they decide to try and bend over football fans, many of who probably are struggling right now, by charging 15 a game.

They can get fecked.

onemanarmy

I have a subscription here in Belgium 15£ for about 8 PL games per weekend, in addition to German, Dutch, Spanish and Belgian football :drool:

Jack-C20

I’m not normally fussed about spending money to watch something. Either films or shows on Amazon or other sporting events, but I’m definitely not paying this. The odd weekend might be ok but this will add up to hundreds of pounds after a few months.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
100% no. Even if we were in 1999 form and sweeping teams away.
They can feck off. Absolutely.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
No, they can ask me bollix. Enough people will pay for it that it will be deemed successful is my guess though.

pass.pass.pass

Firstly, it has always been amazing to me that you folks in England do not have every game televised. And now this, having to pay for a single weekend! How is this even allowed?
Here in India, every PL game can be watched either on TV or streamed online at an yearly rate that is less than what they are demanding for a weekend over there. Feel genuinely sorry.

Smores

Prem teams spend a billion on players and then decide the obscene amounts of money they already get aren't enough. Instead of tightening belts like every other industry in the country, making players on tens of thousands of pounds a week take a pay cut, they decide to try and bend over football fans, many of who probably are struggling right now, by charging 15 a game.

They can get fecked.
It's an absolute joke isn't it. For the first time I'm almost starting to feel a bit dejected by premier league football.

That clubs including our own would vote for this is a real kick in the teeth. It's one season, they could have said whilst fans aren't in the stadium we'll be giving these games for no extra cost but instead they money grab.

3 billion in wages, 5bn in revenues. It's just sickening.

Houdini

I have sent you a pm so you can be sure to avoid visiting the site by accident.
Oh what a blasphemy! I dare you, I double dare you MF, don't you try to send me that kind of PM! What if I accidentally click on it? I would be forced to watch that trash.

pacifictheme

It's an absolute joke isn't it. For the first time I'm almost starting to feel a bit dejected by premier league football.

That clubs including our own would vote for this is a real kick in the teeth. It's one season, they could have said whilst fans aren't in the stadium we'll be giving these games for no extra cost but instead they money grab.

3 billion in wages, 5bn in revenues. It's just sickening.
Those new proposals should tell us everything we need to know about the people who run football. Not even trying to hide it anymore. So disappointing.

RUCK4444

I really struggle to stream games properly, I'm not too great on the tech side, always end up with a grainy stream that drops out and infuriates me, so I'll probably end up paying it. :(