Will you be paying for the Newcastle game?

Will you pay to watch the Newcastle match?

• Total voters

sugar_kane

Well that seems fairly unanimous, hopefully the Premier League will get the message on this one.

The Irish Connection

Absolutely atrocious, ridiculous move altogether from sky etc. During a pandemic! I hope no one buys, it’s just wrong.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Firstly, it has always been amazing to me that you folks in England do not have every game televised. And now this, having to pay for a single weekend! How is this even allowed?
Here in India, every PL game can be watched either on TV or streamed online at an yearly rate that is less than what they are demanding for a weekend over there. Feel genuinely sorry.
There is a curfew on showing football in the UK between 3pm - 5.30pm apparently because they believe it will effect the attendance of lower league games showing live PL football on tv at the same time. Obviously that is completely void during covid but they are using that as an excuse to say “these games weren’t supposed to be televised, so you’ll have to buy them” in actuality they are just greedy bastards looking to profit further from football fans by putting 2 pay-walls in front of the game (Sky/BT/Virgin subscription, then the PPV) it’s compete bullshit but hardly unexpected.

Hoof the ball

Obviously I won't be going near them , nor would anyone else on here , but for people who do , do they have to sign up or download special software to view them?
I think it's only prudent to elaborate on the structure of their enterprise so that they can be reported accurately. There's apparently no sign up or download software necessary, which makes it all the more infuriating for those of us who would fight for Sky's right to their entire 15 pound share!

Barthez

Would have paid £5 glady but not splashing out £15.00 no way

clarkydaz

Absolutely atrocious, ridiculous move altogether from sky etc. During a pandemic! I hope no one buys, it’s just wrong.
They really have revealed what scummy twats they are. about to hit a 2nd wave of a world pandemic and in a week theyve been planning to charge £15 each game AND take over English football when its at its weakest

i fear many will give in, and if this is a success for them imagine what comes next

Judas

Open to offers
I'd rather miss the game completely than give Sky a penny more than they deserve. If you give in now at the first attempt at robbery you're a bit of a mug really. Show a bit of a fight.

Tel074

Get yourself a IPTV box guys and watch everything for free

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They really have revealed what scummy twats they are. about to hit a 2nd wave of a world pandemic and in a week theyve been planning to charge £15 each game AND take over English football when its at its weakest

i fear many will give in, and if this is a success for them imagine what comes next
Also as others have mentioned many areas have gone back into lockdown, so friends cannot even share the cost and watch it together with a beer.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Also as others have mentioned many areas have gone back into lockdown, so friends cannot even share the cost and watch it together with a beer.
cnuts! But the fecking Royal fecking Family can go on jollied without a mask...:mad:

pass.pass.pass

There is a curfew on showing football in the UK between 3pm - 5.30pm apparently because they believe it will effect the attendance of lower league games showing live PL football on tv at the same time.
Interesting, didn't know about this. Is there good data to support this? I always assumed that stadium going fans in the Championship would be hardcore fans who would go regardless.

Obviously that is completely void during covid but they are using that as an excuse to say “these games weren’t supposed to be televised, so you’ll have to buy them” in actuality they are just greedy bastards looking to profit further from football fans by putting 2 pay-walls in front of the game (Sky/BT/Virgin subscription, then the PPV) it’s compete bullshit but hardly unexpected.
Damn right. Seems to me that between this and the football pyramid BS, the money men have taken over the game, and as they usually tend to do in any industry or discipline, they will bring the whole thing crashing down in a generation. Similar to what seems to have happened at Boeing.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No, no, no. Not now, not ever.

And unlike many on here, I will be watching it on an illegal stream.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Seems like the game is on Premier Sports for us in Ireland.

I thought this new ppv was direct with the premier league and sky were not involved

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Possibly for the first time ever (certainly as far back as I can remember), I face choosing not to watch United when they are on live and I could watch them if I want (there have be times when work has made it impossible). It hurts like hell but I really object to this - and not really sure in the current climate that I should "spaff money up the wall" (to quote the blond buffoon).

What really annoys me is that Sky aren't even showing highlights later in the schedule, or the the following days (as far as I can tell).. which really tells me what I need to know about the little shits - and has helped make my mind up for me. fecking pirates

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
No - fecking disgusting

Bwuk

£15 is ridiculous.

Will be interested to see the numbers of people who actually do pay it.

Coops73

I really struggle to stream games properly, I'm not too great on the tech side, always end up with a grainy stream that drops out and infuriates me, so I'll probably end up paying it. :(
Same. God i hate myself...nah not really, my bro’s paying for it so feck it, beers and disappointment on a Saturday night, life don’t get much better:D

Deery

Dreary
Possibly for the first time ever (certainly as far back as I can remember), I face choosing not to watch United when they are on live and I could watch them if I want (there have be times when work has made it impossible). It hurts like hell but I really object to this - and not really sure in the current climate that I should "spaff money up the wall" (to quote the blond buffoon).

What really annoys me is that Sky aren't even showing highlights later in the schedule, or the the following days (as far as I can tell).. which really tells me what I need to know about the little shits - and has helped make my mind up for me. fecking pirates
I know how you are feeling my whole week is usually geared up towards watching United at the weekend and was really looking forward to this match, a few drinks, a takeaway then the game.

I can’t justify it to myself to pay the money though so have chosen not to buy it, but I know it’s going to wreck my weekend now..

GimmeAKitKat

Four Brown Fingers
I have a Sky subscription and BT Sport through my phone, so no chance, on principle I'm not going to pay again.

Haven't had to worry about these blasphemous streams recently, so would greatly appreciate if someone could catch me up on a few of their URL's, so that I am fully prepared and able to effectively avoid these heinous places.

Fully Fledged

Nope and I'm seriously considering my Sky/BT subscriptions as well. This is tantamount to slicing open the goose to try and get all the golden eggs at once.
I seriously hope this fails but know there are enough people out there willing to be bent over backwards for this to work. It's like loot boxes in gaming, especially in FIFA. Some people just like to be taken for a ride.

NJM78

Amazon fire stick will do for me! Although why bother watching us even for free, we are fecking terribly frustrating.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
I stopped paying for games after a run of about 5 losses from those paid for games. I’m not really fussed nowadays. I wouldn’t mind losing if we were still trying to play good football . But we don’t even do that anymore

Mindhunter

Will be watching it on Peacock. It's strange that watching it is so difficult in the country where the game is actually being played.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We are at a point where even if it was free I'd feel like I've been ripped off due to my time and love of football being stolen from me without compensation.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm in the US and I have a subscription with Peacock for streaming which includes many live PL matches and replays that night. I think it's $4.99 a month.