Will you be paying for the Newcastle game?

Will you pay to watch the Newcastle match?

• Total voters

GBBQ

Nice to see it’s on Premier Sports in Ireland. I wouldn’t have paid but I hate watching on streams too.

Charging €5 for games that would not normally be shown on sky or BT is something I could go for but taking matches like United v Newcastle (that surely is televised every year) off the schedule and putting on box office is just shitty.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh my lordy lord. Both Manchester teams on Pay per view tomorrow. Don't fans pay enough? I have watched matches through Amazon, Sky and BT this season and have all bu if I want to watch those two matches tomorrow I pay again twice!

This does not impress me at all. No way!
Man City aren't on PPV.
They weren't putting City v Arsenal on it as it'd long been designated a sky normal game.

Chipper

Adulterer.
No. I've discovered some android streaming apps having previously used a mixture of regular web-based streams and AceStream when needing to. Stuck bluestacks on my computer and am going to trial those for this game.

Also giving serious thought to IPTV.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Wtf I had no idea til coming across this thread they gonna start pulling this bullshit on top of the already-extortionate monthly subscription fees for sky sports et al.

Been considering iptv for years now but this will probably be the final push to get it done. I really cant be arsed with the shit quality and unreliability of streams but I guess that's what it'll have to be tomorrow. Would rather donate 15 quid to a smackhead than give it to those greedy bastards.

Urgh, football.

DFreshKing

Man City aren't on PPV.
They weren't putting City v Arsenal on it as it'd long been designated a sky normal game.
yeah, just realised its Chelsea not city this week. It does not change the complete feckery though, I've since learned there is 2 more sunday and one monday. I am not getting aboard this bullshit train in any case i am just shocked.

lsd

The Oracle
Guarantee that Sky will start selecting games like Southampton Vs Palace for their main channels and all the big clubs will be on box office. They'll do it gradually but by the end of the year the difference will be obvious.

Once you're addicted there's no going back that's the problem. And they know it. What else is there to fill a weekend with? If you possibly can afford it then you do.

That's exactly what will happen . You will get title deciders being pay per view and the big derby matches as they are just too greedy to not go down that road .

King Eric 7

I was expecting it to be on either BT or Sky or something and then I came across this thread :mad:

I have no intention of paying. I think my resolve will be tested tomorrow night when there's feck all else to do and I've missed football for a couple of weeks but I'd rather not be paying more than I already am so I can't see it happening.

I can't help but think though that if we had signed Sancho, a lot more of us would be coughing up the £15 :lol:

clarkydaz

If they are pulling this stuff why dont they clamp down on scandalous agent fees in the game? Ultimately thats where the boost in income goes, stupid player wages and agents

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Nice to see it’s on Premier Sports in Ireland. I wouldn’t have paid but I hate watching on streams too.

Charging €5 for games that would not normally be shown on sky or BT is something I could go for but taking matches like United v Newcastle (that surely is televised every year) off the schedule and putting on box office is just shitty.
If they could charge five euro just to see the match of your choice, that would be good i feel. I only watch United and no other sports, so it would be really good.

Gopher Brown

It’s a disgrace they’ve done this. A full Sky subscription (without movies) costs £80 per month give or take, and yet they fleece the public for a bit extra. If it was £3 I might consider it, but £15 on top of that is just pure greed.

Your product ain’t that good, guys, especially without the fans.

I hope the whole fecking racket goes tits up.

They could be selling this as “look at how much football we have, we’re the only place to watch football, come to us,” instead they go “you mugs love football so much we can take it away at the drop of a hat”

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
yeah, just realised its Chelsea not city this week. It does not change the complete feckery though, I've since learned there is 2 more sunday and one monday. I am not getting aboard this bullshit train in any case i am just shocked.

It's a weird situation, as on one hand, we're still getting the same amount of live games through sky and BT that were in the original agreement (5), but once we'd got used to having all 10 games available for months, it feels like we've been diddled.

The idiots should have brought this in before giving them all away free, potentially keeping them all saturday 3pm too.
There would still have been annoyance, but not quite the outrage, but they could have marketed it as being "you've never had sat 3pms before, so we're providing them, but it has to come at a price"

bludsucker

For people saying that they should have charged less for the game, i would say that the numbers will not add up. For example they will get anywhere between 200k to 250k viewers on OTT platforms like hotstar in india for a typical united game. Multiply the number by 4 to include total viewership of the game. And this is at a price of less than £5 per annum.
So if you extrapolate the same like for like for the UK mkts you will get a million views at 15 a pop. That would workout to about 15m quid of revenue for a united match of which i would presume most goes to the clubs who are losing gate receipts. So the broadcaster would make somewhere around 2-3m per match for a big billing match like united. Maybe there might be room for like a reduction of say 2-3 pounds per match but not anymore as it wouldn’t make financial sense for the broadcasters.
P.S: Not that i am defending this pricing or policy as I believe they are fleecing you lot. But just offering an amateur analysis of the financials involved in this.

choccy77

Having just paid 10 quid (NOW TV day pass) to watch us get thumped by Jose’s Spurs 6-1 and the same for the Palace game I’m not sure if I can bring myself to do it, especially in the context of the money going to the scumbags running our club and the money grabbers of the EPL.

I’ve spent hundreds of pounds these past years going to OT, paying for SKY/BT and kept it up (save cancelling sky and opting for day passes instead) no matter how crap we werebut the idea of paying SKY 15 quid to watch this tepid, training match, empty stadium shite on TV is a step too far I feel.

At least having spent 50 quid watching us shart out a 0-1 loss against Burnley or someone with no shots on target, I still enjoyed spending the afternoon at OT and supporting the lads in the flesh, so I didn’t mind forking spending so much.

I also want to be part of letting the EPL know what a scummy idea this Box Office is during a pandemic, and I hope the number of people paying is tiny.

(I’ll no doubt have cracked by 8pm and be deeply regretting paying about 15 minutes in...)
Why is this not a Poll?

choccy77

I would never pay to watch anything when I can easily get it easily for free.

The PL are crazy and I hope enough intelligent people realise they can see all of these matches without ever paying even one payment of £14.95

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’d have to give it some thought if someone offered me £15 to watch it at this point.

OleGunnar20

Absolutely not and anybody pm'ing me a stream wont be getting a Christmas card from me this year

Tel074

I have IPTV. Where will you be looking for this? On the BEIN sports type channels?
No it should be on one of your normal sports channels i try and stay away from bein or I stream NAVSCORE from my phone

Sara125

What’s shocking to me is their failure to realise that people don’t illegally stream because we want to be criminals, but because there is no choice, and that if they offered something of value for our money we’d take it in a heartbeat. Anyone can continue watching shit on putlocker and 123movies etc., sure, it’s free, but why when Netflix and Amazon Prime offer a good selection for a decent price, without the lagging and pop ups for ‘horny singles in your area’ every 10 minutes.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
For people saying that they should have charged less for the game, i would say that the numbers will not add up. For example they will get anywhere between 200k to 250k viewers on OTT platforms like hotstar in india for a typical united game. Multiply the number by 4 to include total viewership of the game. And this is at a price of less than £5 per annum.
So if you extrapolate the same like for like for the UK mkts you will get a million views at 15 a pop. That would workout to about 15m quid of revenue for a united match of which i would presume most goes to the clubs who are losing gate receipts. So the broadcaster would make somewhere around 2-3m per match for a big billing match like united. Maybe there might be room for like a reduction of say 2-3 pounds per match but not anymore as it wouldn’t make financial sense for the broadcasters.
P.S: Not that i am defending this pricing or policy as I believe they are fleecing you lot. But just offering an amateur analysis of the financials involved in this.
This is what i was thinking. It costs 40 ish sterling a ticket to go to the stadium, so that is really the reasoning behind this 15 sterling cost of PPV.

Gopher Brown

What’s shocking to me is their failure to realise that people don’t illegally stream because we want to be criminals, but because there is no choice, and that if they offered something of value for our money we’d take it in a heartbeat. Anyone can continue watching shit on putlocker and 123movies etc., sure, it’s free, but why when Netflix and Amazon Prime offer a good selection for a decent price, without the lagging and pop ups for ‘horny singles in your area’ every 10 minutes.
Hang on, you mean to say there are horny singles in my area and I’m wasting my time watching football?

van Nistelrooy

Out of principal at the ludicrous price, I will find an alternative way of watching the game which will sure piss of the Premier League.

The fact that they've moved the kick-off time to a prime time slot and not to include it as part of the normal Sky/BT subscriptions is disgusting.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The horror, wouldn't even get in the top 6 if this is the main lineup.
Definitely not paying. Will be watching on Premier Sports for free as part of my normal subscription. Although if we play as badly as we did against Spurs (or in the same fixture last season) I doubt I’ll last the full 90 anyway.
Are you sure about this? Why have they quoted a Euro price if it’s being shown in Ireland anyway?

FerociousCorgis

Yeah nbc already started screwing viewers over with stupid peacock service. Don't stand for this shit or else only gets worse

Untd55

Four games this weekend on PPV. If you wanted to watch every one of them this season, it would cost you an additional £2,280 (assuming 38 weekends and 4 PPV games per weekend)