Will you be paying for the Newcastle game?

Will you pay to watch the Newcastle match?

• Total voters

zizi

Nobody pm me a river okay, that would be just be unwelcome

AFC NimbleThumb

What’s shocking to me is their failure to realise that people don’t illegally stream because we want to be criminals, but because there is no choice, and that if they offered something of value for our money we’d take it in a heartbeat. Anyone can continue watching shit on putlocker and 123movies etc., sure, it’s free, but why when Netflix and Amazon Prime offer a good selection for a decent price, without the lagging and pop ups for ‘horny singles in your area’ every 10 minutes.
This./

markhughes

IPTV for me. When I lived in Canada I subscribed to DAZN and could watch every premier league and champions league game for around £13 per month, it also includes PPV boxing.

I cancelled my Sky subscription as it is daylight robbery frankly.

Maxii

Paad
Surely this is the tipping point and they have to start bringing prices back down? Pretty much everyone I know has IPTV now and it seems like the majority in this thread do too.

Nero

I'm interested in the IPTV route but I don't know where to start with there being so many different ones out there. I don't know what is a quality service and what's not.

If someone were to PM me their advice on some IPTV services I would be most ungrateful. Angry and confused even.

Judas

Open to offers
What’s shocking to me is their failure to realise that people don’t illegally stream because we want to be criminals, but because there is no choice, and that if they offered something of value for our money we’d take it in a heartbeat. Anyone can continue watching shit on putlocker and 123movies etc., sure, it’s free, but why when Netflix and Amazon Prime offer a good selection for a decent price, without the lagging and pop ups for ‘horny singles in your area’ every 10 minutes.

This is so true. Everyone I know pirated music at one point, never paid for it. We've all got Apple Music or Spotify now. It's value for money and easier. The PL should catch up with the music industry.

Sanchez7

This is so true. Everyone I know pirated music at one point, never paid for it. We've all got Apple Music or Spotify now. It's value for money and easier. The PL should catch up with the music industry.
This. The same example came to mind. £20 per month for all footy including foreign leagues and everyone will pay.

Red00012

Everton v Liverpool is on BT and Chelsea v Southampton is BT Box Office
I just checked it’s on Premier Sports you mightn’t have that though depending on the country you’re in.

Andy_Cole

To be honest I probably would have if we were good. Had a good transfer window. Etc. But I’m not paying £15 to suck the life out of my Saturday night.

I think if we could go to the match we would as it’s still the start of the season. In previous seasons, if it was late November/ December we’d be giving our tickets away.

Handsome Devil

Funnily enough, just listening to Radcliffe and Maconie as I read this and they had an item about many musicians being ripped off or paid a pittance for steaming of their music. An enquiry is in the offing. It's always about the money, we live in a rip off world.

Andy_Cole

Oh my lordy lord. Both Manchester teams on Pay per view tomorrow. Don't fans pay enough? I have watched matches through Amazon, Sky and BT this season and have all bu if I want to watch those two matches tomorrow I pay again twice!

This does not impress me at all. No way!
I pay for everything like a mug. But I’m not renewing next season because of this. I’m moving everything to IPTV.

fps

Spotify kills artists. Kills them. Supporting Spotify is, whatever the evils of the record industry, making it impossible for your favourite artists to enjoy the fruits of their labour.

Tarrou

I paid for this dodgy sky package that has all the foreign channels, so should probably be able to find it

I assume the US channels are still showing it?

shahzy

This is the perfect chance to hit the glazers where they hate it most. Money. I implore anyone who is being forced to pay for it to not do that.

Judas

Open to offers
Funnily enough, just listening to Radcliffe and Maconie as I read this and they had an item about many musicians being ripped off or paid a pittance for steaming of their music. An enquiry is in the offing. It's always about the money, we live in a rip off world.
It's terrible for the artists, fully aware. But that's not really my point, I'm purely looking at it from a consumer perspective.

Crustanoid

No way, main reason being some of it goes to those parasitic wankers who have destroyed this club. Dodgy rivers all the way for me

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I wont be praying for the Newcastle game. It's not that bad yet.

Edit: Oh, paying. Not doing that either.

Deery

Dreary
I just checked it’s on Premier Sports you mightn’t have that though depending on the country you’re in.
Aye, apparently Premier Sports have it too, don’t get Premier Sports though..

manichester

No chance, I have also unsubsribed from all the links sent out from the Manchester United website. Supported for more than 60 years i want these owners out and there lackies.

Myrecks

Luckily for me I live in the US. I get to see every premier league game through either the peacock app or over the air channels. It comes out to 5 bucks a month.

Red_Aaron

I've no idea of the costs involved but it looks like they've massively mis-judged the price here.

Were this a fiver I've no doubt at all that they'd easily triple their sales, just reading this thread pretty much confirms that

Deery

Dreary
Have Premier sports here in CZ. I pay around 15eur per month and get all European leagues
I live about 5 miles away from Donegal were they get Premier Sports and I can’t get it doesn’t make sense.

Al-T

Not a chance. Fans are being 'softened up'. Post Covid it will lead to more pocket picking and games kicking off at stupid times.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
This is the perfect chance to hit the glazers where they hate it most. Money. I implore anyone who is being forced to pay for it to not do that.
Repeat - say it again - hit them where it hurts - imagine the PigJowl over here cozying up to Pool owners and trying to take over the leagues

muller

I'm interested in the IPTV route but I don't know where to start with there being so many different ones out there. I don't know what is a quality service and what's not.

If someone were to PM me their advice on some IPTV services I would be most ungrateful. Angry and confused even.
don’t you dare forward it to me

BIGbadBOO4

I am not buying out of principle. It is just the usual theme of the rich asking the common man and woman to pay. We are meant to be in this covid situation all together. Yes the club are losing money due to no fans, but why make people pay when the players and directors are not taking a pay cut? Jesus if i was on 100k per week and my business was suffering, and other workers who were on 10 pounds per hour were being laid off i would bloody reduce my salary.
If players etc were reducing salaries and clubs were looking after the normal workers then i would happily pay for all the games.

Sara125

I’m surprised they haven’t followed suit it’s such an easy way to combat piracy

Sara125

Spotify kills artists. Kills them. Supporting Spotify is, whatever the evils of the record industry, making it impossible for your favourite artists to enjoy the fruits of their labour.
Could you explain more about this. Don’t artists still get a huge chunk of the money from streaming apps such as Spotify and Apple music?

fps

Could you explain more about this. Don’t artists still get a huge chunk of the money from streaming apps such as Spotify and Apple music?
Absolutely. Per stream the money going to a label is fractions of a penny. That then has to be split up. If you’re releasing independently you’re still getting a pittance, even huge bands in the area I really love, critically acclaimed bands who sell out tours and play huge festival slots like Mastodon, earn nothing from the music and rely on touring and march to make money. Here are a couple of links for starters! Huge numbers of streams still earn laughably little for an artist sadly.
https://qz.com/1507361/mariah-carey...shows-how-little-musicians-make-from-spotify/
https://www.nme.com/news/music/new-...ams-artists-need-to-earn-minimum-wage-2649715