William Keane

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will be great for Keane aswell, I think it will bring him on massively.

LR7

He's training with England atm isn't he?
Sounds like a good loan, I don't think Powell is a fan of having to fill in as a striker for them and Keane's been scoring goals regularly since he came back from injury.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He's training with England atm isn't he?
Sounds like a good loan, I don't think Powell is a fan of having to fill in as a striker for them and Keane's been scoring goals regularly since he came back from injury.
I thought Powell preferred playing up front but SAF said he'd suit MF better, even DM referred to him as an 'attacker'

LR7

I thought Powell preferred playing up front but SAF said he'd suit MF better, even DM referred to him as an 'attacker'
I think he prefers playing in the hole. Even Owen Coyle said recently he doesn't like playing as a striker. I think he's more of an AM.

mufcwarm92

Would he get many games ahead of Holt and Fortuné? Only really worth it if he regularly kept experienced players like them out of the side and I'm not sure that'd be the case.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
How good is he?
As good as any 19-year-old in the country when he did his ACL. It's still a bit too early to say what kind of toll the injury took on his long term potential but he's getting sharper by the game.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's a good move provided he doesn't go there and halve the number of games Powell is getting (or be kept out of the team by Powell).

Rowem

gently, down the stream
It's a good move provided he doesn't go there and halve the number of games Powell is getting (or be kept out of the team by Powell).
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Holt has returned from injury now so Powell is no longer playing that front man position.

I think the ideal situation for us might be for Keane to play upfront with Holt with Powell getting some game time in midfield (where SAF/Gradi and co believe he will end up eventually, but he has little first team experience in the position).

Nickosaur

Or Wigan could realise Holt is a useless lump and play Keane up front with Powell in the hole :drool:

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Or Wigan could realise Holt is a useless lump and play Keane up front with Powell in the hole :drool:
This is the dream.

Do they need defenders? We could give them keane and Thorpe whilst we're at it, and then Blackett could do with a loan move.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I'd love to see Varela go out on loan. I know it's only his first season in England, but he's showing the signs of a quality player and if we're going to lose Fabio then I'd like to have Varela understudy Rafael.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Oldham, Wigan, Blackpool. It is good to know the loans are staying relatively local. Birmingham for Jesse isn't too far away either.

jb8521

Will Keane: Man Utd prospect set for Wigan Athletic loan move
Wigan Athletic manager Owen Coyle says the Championship club have a verbal agreement to sign striker Will Keane on loan from Manchester United.
The 20-year-old, who has made one substitute appearance for United, has recently returned to fitness after 16 months out with a serious knee problem.
Keane picked up a slight injury while with England's Under-21 side last week.
Play media
But Coyle is confident he will recover quickly and a deal could be completed after Saturday's game with Brighton.
"I spoke to [United manager] David Moyes on Wednesday," the Scot told BBC Radio Manchester. "Given the lad's had a serious injury, we'll always be guided by Manchester United in terms of when they feel is the right time for him to go out on loan.
"I think this week will be too soon, given the slight knock he had, but if he recovers from that and the medical team are happy with him, there's a possibility we could have that sorted by next week.
"We have a tremendous relationship and David has said he'll keep me up to speed."
Keane, who won the FA Youth Cup with United in 2011, made his only senior appearance for the Premier League champions in December of that year and was tipped for a first-team breakthrough before rupturing his cruciate ligament while on international duty with England's Under-19 team.
His twin brother, Michael, is also part of the squad at Old Trafford.
The Latics already have one United youngster on loan and Coyle hopes Keane can replicate the success of forward Nick Powell, who has scored five times in 14 games since his deadline day move to Wigan.
"He [Keane] knows where the goal is but he's a real team player," added Coyle. "He plays beyond his years in terms of his knowledge of the game. It will be great to add somebody of that quality to the squad.
"We've already seen success with Nick Powell and Will is certainly another one in that bracket."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25033072

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Excellent news! How are they doing for CB's? We could really do with sending Tom Thorpe on loan, I'm baffled as to why he hasn't gone on loan yet.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Glad to hear it's a foot injury and not a residual knee issue. Still, with the knock to the head he took 30 seconds into the last u21 game and now this thing, he's having some rotten luck these days.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
BBC Radio 5 live's Juliette Ferrington says Wigan expect to complete the loan signing of Manchester United's England Under-21 forward Will Keane in the next 24 hours.
Coyle: "I would be very surprised if that is not concluded in the next day. I spoke again with David Moyes yesterday just before they were flying off to Germany. The paperwork and everything has just to be signed. We're confident that will certainly happen."
Owen Coyle confirms that Marc Albrighton has been recalled by Aston Villa

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
BBC Radio 5 live's Juliette Ferrington says Wigan expect to complete the loan signing of Manchester United's England Under-21 forward Will Keane in the next 24 hours.
Coyle: "I would be very surprised if that is not concluded in the next day. I spoke again with David Moyes yesterday just before they were flying off to Germany. The paperwork and everything has just to be signed. We're confident that will certainly happen."
Owen Coyle confirms that Marc Albrighton has been recalled by Aston Villa
Excellent news, this can only be a win win for all parties involved!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Hope he gets lots of games there. He's lost a lot in terms of development the last year.