William Saliba - 18 year old centre back

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder if Spurs see him as a replacement for Toby.
This is why we moved from Highbury to the Emirates? So we could get outbid for players by fecking Spurs :lol:
What are your expectations for this season based on your current squad? I genuinely think one of Everton, Wolves or Leicester could get into the top six at your expense at the moment.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

What are your expectations for this season based on your current squad? I genuinely think one of Everton, Wolves or Leicester could get into the top six at your expense at the moment.
Nah, everyone bigs up the clubs beneath the top 6 but they all shit the bed whenever they have to play in Europe too. I don't see Wolves having a season as good as the previous one if they make it through the qualifying rounds and have to play on Thursdays and Sundays.

It remains to be seen how well Everton and Leicester do, but I reckon we'll comfortably finish 6th. We did only finish 1 point behind 4th, and with a terrible end of season too.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Nah, everyone bigs up the clubs beneath the top 6 but they all shit the bed whenever they have to play in Europe too. I don't see Wolves having a season as good as the previous one if they make it through the qualifying rounds and have to play on Thursdays and Sundays.

It remains to be seen how well Everton and Leicester do, but I reckon we'll comfortably finish 6th. We did only finish 1 point behind 4th, and with a terrible end of season too.
Yeah true, but there's been a couple of seasons where we've ended up 7th or 8th. I think Leicester are the ones to watch.

The flip side of that is that you can always dig yourselves out of that hole. You just need the right manager and a decent window or two and you're back up there again.

Jezpeza

Fully agree. Send youth scouts there, get talented kids to proper football academies early enough and enjoy the future.
Thats already done in France. A lot of their players are brought into the academies from africa. Germany also fid something similar in Turkey i believe which led to Ozil and Khedira amongst others.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Thats already done in France. A lot of their players are brought into the academies from africa. Germany also fid something similar in Turkey i believe which led to Ozil and Khedira amongst others.
:lol:
Khedira is half Tunisian half German and Özil's family has been in Germany for 3 generations now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Which lot is that?

Nick7

:lol:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Shit show all round. Why are spurs going "above and beyond" whats necessary and why are arsenal allowing it to happen?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Agreed. I’m very confident the ‘top 6’ will remain the top 6.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If Arsenal manages to get both Saliba and Zagadou, they will have the best CB pairing in EPL 21/22 onward for at-least 5,6 seasons. I don't know why we gave away stupid contracts to Smalling and Jones when there are so many young talented CBs available between 15 to 30 million range. Seems like we will miss out on this crop of young french defenders as well.
Seriously why do people post stuff like this?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

I would say Sanchez will be promoted to starting CB should Toby go, with this guy in rotation and if he performs he will get his chance. I know nothing of him at all to be honest.

If it pisses arsenal off I’m all for it, as long as he is decent.

Pav1878

If we weren't in such need for an experienced defender, I would love us to be in for him.

Really like this guy

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Because footy manager

Haven't played it in ages, but wanted to browse and see what they're rated as, not great it seems. But if you look at clips of Saliba you cannot fail to see there is a real talent there. Hence, the North London rivals are fighting over him.

ArjenIsM3

Haven't played it in ages, but wanted to browse and see what they're rated as, not great it seems. But if you look at clips of Saliba you cannot fail to see there is a real talent there. Hence, the North London rivals are fighting over him.
They both have world class potential in FM though.

KennyBurner

If we were in for this saliba guy he would cost 50 million euros. St Etienne better rinse arsenal or spurs becuase its only fair. They too are in the top 15 richest teams in the world.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
If we were in for this saliba guy he would cost 50 million euros. St Etienne better rinse arsenal or spurs becuase its only fair. They too are in the top 15 richest teams in the world.
If they tried to do that then I'm fairly certain both clubs would back out. I'm not really buying the whole United tax argument, although I agree that if clubs believe they can get more money from any club because x club is in a weak position or has a recent history of overpaying they will probably try to get as much as they can.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Like a young Boumsong with Tutankhamun's fashion sense.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wasn’t all that interested in him, but if it means we can screw over Arsenal than I’m all for it! At the very least we’ve definitely driven the price up for them.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm not sure we can afford to play a young centreback who would be new to the league together with people like Smalling, Jones, Bailly or Lindelof.

We need experience at the back. Maguire is not quite world class, but he's about the only option we have.

SoCross

Going back to France on loan again. Not quite working out it seems...any Arse fans care to shed light? He was highly rated wasn't he?

crossy1686

career ending
Going back to France on loan again. Not quite working out it seems...any Arse fans care to shed light? He was highly rated wasn't he?
Arteta doesn't fancy him right? I think Arsenal fans were calling for him to get a game with the state of their current defence but he can't seem to break through.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Stupid he never got a proper chance, but I have faith he'll be a very good CB. He was too good at Saint-etienne to not be IMO.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Stupid he never got a proper chance, but I have faith he'll be a very good CB. He was too good at Saint-etienne to not be IMO.
He was a bigger talent than Fofana who is playing regularly at Leicester. Not sure what's happened at Arsenal.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think his parents died recently?
Yeah, not unusual that someone in that situation would want to have a bit of familiarity. Actually I'm not sure anything's usual in that scenario. You can't place any expectations on someone so young so soon after that.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He was a bigger talent than Fofana who is playing regularly at Leicester. Not sure what's happened at Arsenal.
Exactly and for me, a player you would trust a lot more if he was in your squad than Fofana as he was no where near as rash. Must be a style/training effort clash with Arteta. Genuinely can't think of reason how he's not played him with the defenders that have played for Arsenal recently.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seeing Arsenal boot 27m into him I thought he'd be a certainty to play. I put him in my fantasy team....and erm he never got near the squad let alone team.
Obviously one for well down the line. Just seems odd they went in so high a fee.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seeing Arsenal boot 27m into him I thought he'd be a certainty to play. I put him in my fantasy team....and erm he never got near the squad let alone team.
Obviously one for well down the line. Just seems odd they went in so high a fee.
He was massively rated and thought to be a bigger talent than the lad that recently went to Leicester.

Something seems to have happened behind the scenes with Arteta, it seems more of a personality issue than talent.

If I remember correctly his mother was ill and they didn't deal with it very well. I'm sure he'll play well again in France.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am not sure about the parents angle. There was a social media post sometime agao which suggested he is bemused by his absence.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I am not sure about the parents angle. There was a social media post sometime agao which suggested he is bemused by his absence.
Yep, was the little interview with Lacazette.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Arteta doesn't fancy him right? I think Arsenal fans were calling for him to get a game with the state of their current defence but he can't seem to break through.
Totally bizarre he didn't get registered for their europa league so he could get some minutes v likes of Dundalk. That's how you give confidence to young CBs and ease them in.

All he's had is odd start for Arsenal under 23s in JPT trophy (think he actually got sent off in one of the games).

Apparently had massive family Bereavement issues aswell so that must've impacted massively if what I read was correct.

Seven Seas Sardines

Pepe commented on some social media post of his saying "you comment on everything, that's your problem :lol:".

Might be that he's been too vocal about lack of playing time, treatment of Özil etc..

yo@Kirk

Looks like he's going to Nice on loan where Patrick Viera will attempt to get his career back on track.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pepe commented on some social media post of his saying "you comment on everything, that's your problem :lol:".

Might be that he's been too vocal about lack of playing time, treatment of Özil etc..
Think that was guendouzi, not Saliba?