WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Finally confirmed.

His first interview;

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have to say, as much as I wanted him to leave, it will feel utterly bizarre to watch him line up against Chelsea.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Have they started an internal investigation into his wages yet?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
This guy is definitely going to be on my fantasy team from the get goooo. Him and Auba will link up well. He’ll also surely be a starter in the PL and hence very reliable in fantasy. Price hasn’t been too steep either.

Good squad player, we all know that. But I wouldn’t be offering him a 3 year deal at his age, and so very glad Utd were not in for him, completely the wrong profile for us.

The club and player are pretty well suited, and it should work well for both.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was very good post lockdown, but you wonder how much of that was him playing for a 3+ year deal he was after.

Plus he is a 32 year old who relies on pace and stamina so there’s every chance he falls off a cliff after about 9 months

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This guy is definitely going to be on my fantasy team from the get goooo. Him and Auba will link up well. He’ll also surely be a starter in the PL and hence very reliable in fantasy. Price hasn’t been too steep either.
Seems a slightly odd choice seeing as he doesn't get many goals or assists. Can't see this being a successful signing at all, Pepe is still the better player.

Renegade

I think Arsenal will be anticipating him dropping off and not being a factor after next season. He’ll be sitting out the last 2 years of his deal and playing Europa group stage games and League cup games. 100k isn’t too bad for a squad player. He’ll be their Mata after next season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Memories of this:

That Shakhtar team was an absolute menace to play against. We got thoroughly outplayed and deservedly lost the corresponding fixture.

I remember when we signed Willian, and people thought we were getting good goal scorer because we knew not much about him except for the two games he played against us.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Seems a slightly odd choice seeing as he doesn't get many goals or assists. Can't see this being a successful signing at all, Pepe is still the better player.
He definitely did pick up form when lockdown ended. I see him continuing on with this form into the new season.

Which is why I feel Arsenal trusted in him to begin with. Whatever returns they’ll receive from him will surely be from the 1st and 2nd season of his contract.

I don’t think Pepe links up as reliably as he’s been expected to do so whereas Willian is way more reliable in terms of his ball control as well as better quality in end product.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
He wasn't signed as a Pepe replacement and I'd be very surprised if William starts on the right instead of him. I think he'll be used on the left with Auba playing up front, or as more of a squad option.

I think he'll be a good signing for us in the first year. It remains to be seen if he can continue playing at a high level after that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think Arsenal will be anticipating him dropping off and not being a factor after next season. He’ll be sitting out the last 2 years of his deal and playing Europa group stage games and League cup games. 100k isn’t too bad for a squad player. He’ll be their Mata after next season.
It is when the player is 32, you've finished 8th in the league and are making 55 members of staff redundant.

0le

Absolutely embarrassing how they have signed a player and paid him such high wages and yet laid off all those members of staff. A great way to also demotivate your remaining staff.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Where did you get £100k from? He was on more than that at Chelsea. No way he took a pay cut on a free transfer.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't understand why Arsenal keep signing attackers. It's also particularly weird to sign their rivals want-away players like David Luiz and Willian. Imagine us signing Lovren and Shaqiri and the fans be fine with it.:houllier:

Sigma

Think this will be a good signing for arsenal. Always been a fan of his.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
This "three-year deal" is a two-year deal with the guarantee of a massive fee when he inevitably goes to Turkey, China, or America.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s on 220K a week.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
3 year contract and on massive wages aswell :houllier:
Anyone remember the days when Wengy used to do the 1 year contracts for players over the age of 30?

Renegade

Where did you get £100k from? He was on more than that at Chelsea. No way he took a pay cut on a free transfer.
Christ. The reports I’ve read have said hi taking a pay cut at around 100k. 200k is mental.

Paxi

Regardless, 35 million outlay for a 32 year old is mental.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Regardless, 35 million outlay for a 32 year old is mental.
Perhaps Willian was one of the few decent players who was fully okay playing in Europa League and to be honest he can help them win it finally. He's still somewhat agile and technically able.

Paxi

To be fair that's the Daily Mail so probably bollocks.

I can't believe he would've taken a pay cut on his Chelsea wages though (most reports had those at £120K).
The guy reporting it has a decent track record for London teams.

Paxi

Perhaps Willian was one of the few decent players who was fully okay playing in Europa League and to be honest he can help them win it finally. He's still somewhat agile and technically able.
Yeah he’s a good player but not at that price for me, personally.

DoomSlayer

Arsenal getting all the Chelsea rejects, seems the latter have cemented their status as the top dog in London. :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Yeah he’s a good player but not at that price for me, personally.
No doubt he's there to get some retirement cash, but at least Arteta trying to build somekind of squad depth based on decent quality. If Pepe won't live to his potential they'll have an impact sub for maybe couple of years.

Tbh the whole window will look like that for Arsenal, just trying to get players from every source they can find who can perform better than what they have. They can't spend 60-80m on Grealish, so Willian is not that illogical scenario.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I don't understand why Arsenal keep signing attackers. It's also particularly weird to sign their rivals want-away players like David Luiz and Willian. Imagine us signing Lovren and Shaqiri and the fans be fine with it.:houllier:
We scored 56 goals in the league last year.