Wilshere - where does the hype come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Maybe someone should start a new thread instead of bumping mega-threads all the time. Leave this one for reminding Twigg where the hype comes from.

Donut

He seems like a true Londoner to me. I'm afraid he'll want to go to Chelsea. We should bid heavily in a year or two, when we still have Van Persie and Fergie, and have hopefully won loads. He won't be at Arsenal for too long that's for sure.

I'm always right

I really wish posters would shut up about buying Wilshere, it aint happening, he's going nowhere for at least 4 years or so. It's tiring reading "we should put a massive bid in" etc all the time.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I thought he looked good in a poor Arsenal performance but I think the media have gone a bit OTT today.

ArmchairCritic

Matt Law on Twitter:

Comparing Wilshere's display in average team against Bayern with Rooney's display in a v good team against Real - only one is world class.

ArmchairCritic

The question the media should be asking is why Wilshere wasn't where Ramsey was from the start? He played far too high up in the First Half.

Cina

I really wish posters would shut up about buying Wilshere, it aint happening, he's going nowhere for at least 4 years or so. It's tiring reading "we should put a massive bid in" etc all the time.
I agree it's unrealistic but not impossible. If Wenger were to go and Arsenal were to finish outside the top four then who knows what could happen with him? Absolutely nobody expected us to get RvP but we did.

I bet SAF looks at Wilshere (dramatically) then looks at our midfield (dramatic switch), then back to Wilshere, then back to our midfield (repeat this for an hour or so) and realizes just how good he would make us. He's basically the missing link in a potentially great side.

Danillaco

Well, we all thought RVP was forever out of our reach. Of course that we may illude ourselves that Wilshere is possible, because to an extent it may well be.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I don't see him leaving Arsenal in a near future. He has a long term deal, he loves the club and seems to be the loyal sort, which is a rarity nowadays.

Rossa

He's a brilliant player. He's like a more central Iniesta, arguably with even more drive. He can become ridiculously good if he stays relatively injury free. Atm, I think he's too good for Arsenal. He would pretty much make United complete.

MichaelS

He's a brilliant player. He's like a more central Iniesta, arguably with even more drive. He can become ridiculously good if he stays relatively injury free. Atm, I think he's too good for Arsenal. He would pretty much make United complete.
I see him as a sort of Rooney type player who's made his trade as a midfielder instead of a forward.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I don't see him leaving Arsenal in a near future. He has a long term deal, he loves the club and seems to be the loyal sort, which is a rarity nowadays.

What loyalty has Wilshere shown that van Persie hadn't (up until last year)?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I bet SAF looks at Wilshere (dramatically) then looks at our midfield (dramatic switch), then back to Wilshere, then back to our midfield (repeat this for an hour or so) and realizes just how good he would make us. He's basically the missing link in a potentially great side.
Yeah I'm sure it takes SAF about an hour to realize Wilshere would look good in our midfield.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep

What loyalty has Wilshere shown that van Persie hadn't (up until last year)?
Van Persie s almost 30 and has spent eight seasons with Arsenal before he decided to leave for a club where he had a real shot at winning things.

I didn't say Wilshire will stay with Gooners for the rest of his career, just that he isn't likely to leave anytime soon.

Chrisjn

Where does this "He seems like a loyal player" actually stem from, out of curiosity?

I presume he's an Arsenal fan from birth or something, but apart from that, then what else? Has he ever said he will stay at Arsenal for his career or gone anywhere near hinting at this?

Players leave the clubs they support all the time, especially if they are a tier below the level they should be playing at.

Is this something that has been said, thrown around and now taken as gospel just because, or does it actually have some genuine foundation?

MichaelS

I think if we were ever lining up a bid the staff would realize it'd probably be too expensive and then go out and buy a unknown unproven winger instead or someone like bebe.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Where does this "He seems like a loyal player" actually stem from, out of curiosity?

I presume he's an Arsenal fan from birth or something, but apart from that, then what else? Has he ever said he will stay at Arsenal for his career or gone anywhere near hinting at this?

Players leave the clubs they support all the time, especially if they are a tier below the level they should be playing at.

Is this something that has been said, thrown around and now taken as gospel just because, or does it actually have some genuine foundation?
http://news.arseblog.com/2011/11/wilshere-i-promise-to-stay-at-arsenal-forever/

As a final fillip, Wilshere answered in the affirmative when asked by interviewer Kugan Cassius if he could promise to stay at Arsenal forever:

“I promise that, yeah. I’ve been at the club since I was nine and learned to love it. From the Vieira days, to Bergkamp, Fabregas, I’ve watched them come through and move on. There’s a crop of new players Ramsey, myself, Kieran Gibbs…hopefully we can really create something special. I love the club and I want to be part of its future.”

Chrisjn

http://news.arseblog.com/2011/11/wilshere-i-promise-to-stay-at-arsenal-forever/

As a final fillip, Wilshere answered in the affirmative when asked by interviewer Kugan Cassius if he could promise to stay at Arsenal forever:

“I promise that, yeah. I’ve been at the club since I was nine and learned to love it. From the Vieira days, to Bergkamp, Fabregas, I’ve watched them come through and move on. There’s a crop of new players Ramsey, myself, Kieran Gibbs…hopefully we can really create something special. I love the club and I want to be part of its future.”
Thanks for that, AntiHenry. Seems pretty confident he will stay then.

Also, what kind of journalist quotes the word "yes" and "yeah."

Status
Not open for further replies.