Wilshere - where does the hype come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Must be amazing to play at the Nou Camp as a 19 year old.

Just imagine it.
Was thinking that as I was watching the match last-night.

The lad really does have the World at his feet. Looks like he is going to go on to be a fantastic player. Ironically, if it wasn't for Ramsey's injury and other injuries at the start of the season he would probably have been loaned out again, instead he has been an integral part of Arsenal's season so far and become an England International.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought Wilshere gave the best performance of any opposing player this season at Old Trafford today. He is a special player :(
No way. He gets praised silly sometimes for no apparent reason. All huff and puff but did feck all really.

Neutral

BTV
Not sure how he went...they obviously did well enough as a team, the consensus seems to be Edwin MoM...so attacking wise, it means they got a fair bit right.

amolbhatia50k

Every time he received the ball it was worrying.
Why?

We had them in our pockets.

Typical Arsenal, pass, pass, pass, reach Vidic/Smalling, pass, pass pass....

Gerrard scored two goals at 2-0 down for Liverpool at OT this season.

At least there's an end product there.

Scholesy

Why?

VDS was MOTM so Arsenal were not all pass, pass, pass. I thought Wilshere was only quiet when Rafael was man marking him, very well. The rest of the game, he was in control of everything. Gibson and O'Shea were his puppets.

Neutral

BTV
Why?

Don't think this is right....because it contradicts, the Edwin for MoM push, and running commentary we had during the match.

amolbhatia50k

VDS was MOTM. I thought Wilshere was only quiet when Rafael was man marking him, very well. The rest of the game, he was in control of everything. Gibson and O'Shea were his puppets.
Is that difficult?

They always looked better in midfield because we let them have it.

It didn't matter, we know how to play Arsenal.

They never have end product against us.

amolbhatia50k

Don't think this is right....because it contradicts, the Edwin for MoM push, and running commentary we had during the match.
A large portion of those saves by VDS would have been howlers had they been scored from barring one from a cross.

I never for once was worried about Arsenal on the ball.

On the other hand we looked excellent in the final third.

amolbhatia50k

I would love it if someone could in the future make a GIF of the time he was trying to wrestle with Vidic near our left flank. Vidic just swatted him away like a little pest. :D

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It has been said earlier, we let them have the ball in the middle. Wilshere had one good burst forward in the second half then he scuffed his shot. Otherwise he looked like Carrick does on an average day.

Devil may care

He was good again today, looked the most likely to create something for them, every time he receives the ball he's turning as he gets it and looking to force his opposition onto the back foot.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's going to be some player, the gobby little fecker.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I love him, but he's so wrong...

"We dominated the game today, but failed to score which is not good enough"

Sam

He's fecking brilliant. That twatish side he's got will also make him an even better player imo.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
It's funny watching him against Scholes he's like his younger alter ego.
Interesting, I thought that too when they were squaring up. Both seem to have a bit of spark and fire about them.

I like Wilshere as a player. Very classy. Bit of a cnut and hard nosed too but Arsenal have lacked that in midfield.

RedLars

Another good performance from him in my opinion. It's quite clear that he's got all the tools to become one of the best. I'm following him on Twitter as well, and I can't help but like him even though he says a few silly things every now and then.

RedLars

I haven't seen Ramsey since his injury, but him and Wilshere at the heart of the Arsenal midfield for a decade to come is a frightening prospect on paper!

mufcwarm92

I find it strange to see all this criticism about Wilshere. He seems to be the definition of small man's syndrome but feck me, at the age of 18, he looks impressive almost every game, even when his team plays shite. I don't like praising other team's players like this, but he is one of the brightest young talents in the game and, if he can stear clear of injuries, has a massive future.

One thing you can't fault is his fighting spirit. When other Arsenal players are hiding on the pitch, he get's stuck in and always tries to force the play. He was a threat against us because he just doesn't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.