Win Percentage Under Solskjaer

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Even with all his stats, he still has the worst win percentage among the post Fergie managers.

You're right though. Stats can only show so much. It can't tell us how we lack unity like Fred did. Or how our football has been shit
Couldn't care less even if that is true(different players/starting point so it's unfair), go more on feel good factor, and it's currently higher than at any time since SAF left

Looking forward to a stat for that, no doubt some sad sap will be out there with Logarithm, Spreadsheets and Pie Charts brain working overtime, it's coming lads!

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Couldn't care less even if that is true(different players/starting point so it's unfair), go more on feel good factor, and it's currently higher than at any time since SAF left

Looking forward to a stat for that, no doubt some sad sap will be out there with Logarithm, Spreadsheets and Pie Charts brain working overtime, it's coming lads!
The feel good factor was one of the few positives related to Ole but after Freds interview now I'm not so sure. A team that has no unity isn't a team no matter how people want to spin it and calling out his own players as individuals is only going to divide the dressing room even more.

Munkehboi

I beg your pardon? Could you elaborate on the bolded point more please?

redshaw

Having looked at the results in the league I don't see any settling down and actually a very depressing set of results. Adding in some half arsed cup games mask a real issue. Look away now or read them in the voice of James Alexander Gordon

Aug
United 4 Chelsea 0
Wolves 1 United 1
United 1 Palace 2
Southampton 1 United 1

Sep
United 1 Leicester 0
West Ham 2 United 0
United 1 Arsenal 1

Oct
Newcastle 1 United 0
United 1 Liverpool 1
Norwich 1 United 3

Nov
Bournemouth 1 United 0 (yes this is correct)
United 3 Brighton 1
Sheffield 3 United 3

Dec
United 2 Villa 2
United 2 Spurs 1
City 1 United 2

United 1 Everton 1
Watford 2 United 0
United 4 Newcastle 1
Burnley 0 United 2

Jan
Arsenal 2 United 0
United 4 Norwich 0
Liverpool 2 United 0
United 0 - Burnley 2 (yep sorry this is correct)

Feb
United 0 Wolves 0

We had hot spell in Dec during a lot of games, it's a win a month otherwise. Dec might be worth two if we move it down to 3/4 games so still our best month.

With Bruno and maybe Ighalo we can have some surprise element at Chelsea and get a rare win there but looks like another loss/draw. I'm pretty confident of a stronger end to the season but there's no up turn evident, just some cup wins adding to the figures, we're back to being shite as we have been through nearly all of it. Can't create or score for toffee and the toffee's are above us like when we had Moyes and points goals scored is there with LVG's most awful second season but must be said 4th and 5th finished with 66 points in 2015/16 so sometimes it's reflective of the league as a whole. This season has been tracking to be as bad or worse than 2016 for 4th spot and the spread of points from 4th down.

If 1 win in our last 5 games is stabilization with 3 losses and a draw, the win coming to our whipping boys Norwich then we're fecked. Rashford is a huge blow. With both Martial and Rashford we have something okay, still not enough but keeps us going, they have been ineffectual on their own hence our dead run recently and our dead run with just Rashford up top while Martial was injured. The new players will have to help otherwise we're really going to struggle like we have in the last 5 games or like we did earlier on this season.

Last edited:

buckooo1978

Having looked at the results in the league I don't see any settling down and actually a very depressing set of results. Adding in some half arsed cup games mask a real issue. Look away now or read them in the voice of James Alexander Gordon

Aug
United 4 Chelsea 0
Wolves 1 United 1
United 1 Palace 2
Southampton 1 United 1

Sep
United 1 Leicester 0
West Ham 2 United 0
United 1 Arsenal 1

Oct
Newcastle 1 United 0
United 1 Liverpool 1
Norwich 1 United 3

Nov
United 3 Brighton 1
Sheffield 3 United 3

Dec
United 2 Villa 2
United 2 Spurs 1
City 1 United 2

United 1 Everton 1
Watford 2 United 0
United 4 Newcastle 1
Burnley 0 United 2

Jan
Arsenal 2 United 0
United 4 Norwich 0
Liverpool 2 United 0

Feb
United 0 Wolves 0

We had hot spell in Dec during a lot of games, it's a win a month otherwise. Dec might be worth two if we move it down to 3/4 games so still our best month.

With Bruno and maybe Ighalo we can have some surprise element at Chelsea and get a rare win there but looks like another loss/draw. I'm pretty confident of a stronger end to the season but there's no up turn evident, just some cup wins adding to the figures, we're back to being shite as we have been through nearly all of it. Can't create or score for toffee and the toffee's are above us like when we had Moyes and points goals scored is there with LVG's most awful second season but must be said 4th and 5th was 66 points so sometimes it's reflective of the league as a whole.
that is grim, really grim

mu4c_20le

Jan
Arsenal 2 United 0
United 4 Norwich 0
Liverpool 2 United 0
1 win in 4, 25% win rate in Jan. Not great, but doesn't that sound familiar? Oh yes..

Jan
Brighton 1 Chelsea 1
Chelsea 3 Burnley 0
Newcastle 1 Chelsea 0 (this is correct)
Chelsea 2 Arsenal 2

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Since appointed full time:

• 11 W, 10D, 13L
• 11 games we failed to score a goal
• 5 clean sheets
• 1.26 goals scored, 1.23 goals conceded per game
• 3/16 wins away from home (18%)
• 8/18 wins at home (44%)
• 32% win rate overall
• 200m spent

Don't give a feck what he was like before he got his contract. This kind of form and management is beyond comprehension. Indefensible but people will try.
Progress. It's the united way. Rebuild.

redshaw

1 win in 4, 25% win rate in Jan. Not great, but doesn't that sound familiar? Oh yes..

Jan
Brighton 1 Chelsea 1
Chelsea 3 Burnley 0
Chelsea 2 Arsenal 2
Your point is what exactly? That Chelsea's Jan is as bad as our form? I didn't mention them in the context of the season, they've done poor but not as poor as us as we're six points off.

If it's in regards to the upcoming game comment, we have a poor record in the league there but I'm 50/50 on it and think the new players could be helpful to get a rare win. Record wise it could be another loss/draw to chalk up for Ole, we'll see. Chelsea are not some standard we should be at or aim for, or anything that I proclaim, quite the opposite and they're of no concern hence I never brought them up and only mentioned them in the context of our next game, could've been Spurs or Sheffield, it happens to be Chelsea away. I've got no idea how you're reading that. My point in the post was there's no up turn or stability in my view in regards to the OP.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The feel good factor was one of the few positives related to Ole but after Freds interview now I'm not so sure. A team that has no unity isn't a team no matter how people want to spin it and calling out his own players as individuals is only going to divide the dressing room even more.
I think if the Caf's mood is any expression of the fans mood then the feel good factor really isn't so great. But no Ole is not toxic in the way Mourinho was in his final season.

mu4c_20le

Your point is what exactly? That Chelsea's Jan is as bad as our form? I didn't mention them in the context of the season, they've done poor but not as poor as us as we're six points off.

If it's in regards to the upcoming game comment, we have a poor record in the league there but I'm 50/50 on it and think the new players could be helpful to get a rare win. Record wise it could be another loss/draw to chalk up for Ole, we'll see. Chelsea are not some standard we should be at or aim for, or anything that I proclaim, quite the opposite and they're of no concern hence I never brought them up and only mentioned them in the context of our next game, could've been Spurs or Sheffield, it happens to be Chelsea away. I've got no idea how you're reading that. My point in the post was there's no up turn or stability in my view in regards to the OP.
Perspective. I'm not absolving Ole, but before people start going apeshit, it was a tough run. Both Liverpool and Arsenal away, especially the latter when they were on the bounciest of bounces and with a point to prove to their home fans. Burnley was bad obviously. But we still have a sliver of hope if we can go on a good run. Beating Chelsea would be key to that.

C'est Moi Cantona

Aug
United 4 Chelsea 0
Wolves 1 United 1
United 1 Palace 2
Southampton 1 United 1

Sep
United 1 Leicester 0
West Ham 2 United 0
United 1 Arsenal 1

Oct
Newcastle 1 United 0
United 1 Liverpool 1
Norwich 1 United 3

Nov
United 3 Brighton 1
Sheffield 3 United 3

Dec
United 2 Villa 2
United 2 Spurs 1
City 1 United 2

United 1 Everton 1
Watford 2 United 0
United 4 Newcastle 1
Burnley 0 United 2

Jan
Arsenal 2 United 0
United 4 Norwich 0
Liverpool 2 United 0

Feb
United 0 Wolves 0

With Bruno and maybe Ighalo we can have some surprise element at Chelsea and get a rare win there but looks like another loss/draw. I'm pretty confident of a stronger end to the season but there's no up turn evident, just some cup wins adding to the figures, we're back to being shite as we have been through nearly all of it. Can't create or score for toffee and the toffee's are above us like when we had Moyes and points goals scored is there with LVG's most awful second season but must be said 4th and 5th finished with 66 points in 2015/16 so sometimes it's reflective of the league as a whole. This season has been tracking to be as bad or worse than 2016 for 4th spot and the spread of points from 4th down.

If 1 win in our last 5 games is stabilization with 3 losses and a draw, the win coming to our whipping boys Norwich then we're fecked. Rashford is a huge blow. With both Martial and Rashford we have something okay, still not enough but keeps us going, they have been ineffectual on their own hence our dead run recently and our dead run with just Rashford up top while Martial was injured. The new players will have to help otherwise we're really going to struggle like we have in the last 5 games or like we did earlier on this season.
Good point, and one that has been missed by many, Martial is an easy target just now, give him top players around him then we see a different player, but he is next to useless when the focus is on him alone to prop us up, it's no crime, and if we drive him out to a club with lots of top player we will see the real Martial no doubt..

Paul_Scholes18

Aye @jamesjimmybyrondean

Premier League win-rates since SAF left:

Season 1: 50%
Season 2: 52.6%
Season 3: 50%
Season 4: 47.3%
Season 5: 65.7%
Season 6: 50%

Season 7 so far: 36%
Moyes took us down . LVG followed in Moyes shoes with more boring football. Mourinho improved us only to ruin us the next day.
Then Ole came got a good bounce, but then took us to midtable.

Wilt

Jan
Brighton 1 Chelsea 1
Chelsea 3 Burnley 0
Chelsea 2 Arsenal 2
Who cares what Chelsea are doing? Just because others are struggling doesn’t lessen or excuse Utd’s dire form.

But if people do need to compare Utd to others then how about we’re eigth in the table and 38 points behind Liverpool. Shocking.

Eddy_JukeZ

There's no way this isn't a WUM :lol:

Feel good factor. My God.

tenpoless

You're right, let's always separate the bad numbers from the good numbers when it comes into statistics. And if it makes you feel good to do so you should always invest all your money in the stock market, if you take out all the loses, you are pretty much rich.

caid

Aug
United 4 Chelsea 0
Wolves 1 United 1
United 1 Palace 2
Southampton 1 United 1

Sep
United 1 Leicester 0
West Ham 2 United 0
United 1 Arsenal 1

Oct
Newcastle 1 United 0
United 1 Liverpool 1
Norwich 1 United 3

Nov
United 3 Brighton 1
Sheffield 3 United 3

Dec
United 2 Villa 2
United 2 Spurs 1
City 1 United 2

United 1 Everton 1
Watford 2 United 0
United 4 Newcastle 1
Burnley 0 United 2

Jan
Arsenal 2 United 0
United 4 Norwich 0
Liverpool 2 United 0

Feb
United 0 Wolves 0

Good post.
Think its slightly deceptive in ways too though. Theres a lot of terrible results but im pretty sure the worst of them came with makeshift teams missing important players to injury (or just timing with a new manager bounce or whatever).. And then i dont think theres that much difference between burnley and arsenal or wolves or newcastle this season. Better players and resources amongst teams seem to be offset by good management or a settled system elsewhere
The result each week generally made sense at the time they happened because form or injuries left a weak team on the day. In hindsight, taken out of context they look hard to explain - like getting a draw against liverpool and being borderline unlucky not to win or beating City but then losing to Crystal Palace or Newcastle.

mu4c_20le

Who cares what Chelsea are doing? Just because others are struggling doesn’t lessen or excuse Utd’s dire form.

But if people do need to compare Utd to others then how about we’re eigth in the table and 38 points behind Liverpool. Shocking.
Who said it lessens or excuses Utd's dire form?

90 + 5min

Like Mordor in Lord of the Rings, the darkness from Ole Out people is spreading. Just hate and name calling towards other fans and manager. Some thing never change, regardless of thread.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Fred's recent quotes directly challenge this belief. Do you feel this belief is grounded in reality or fantasy? Is this a comfort blanket shielding you from the painful acceptance of facts?

On average, you need 68 points to even finish fifth, with five of the last nine finishing in the 70s.

We're currently on course for a 54 points finish in the league. Wolves finished seventh last year with 57. Do you feel that is acceptable for Man Utd?

Why do you feel it's okay to disregard all performances over a long period of time, choosing only to focus on abstract notions like 'feel good factor', when there's little evidence to support your beliefs?

Did you watch our recent match vs Wolves? What did you make of the 'feel good factor' last week?

Last edited:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I think if the Caf's mood is any expression of the fans mood then the feel good factor really isn't so great. But no Ole is not toxic in the way Mourinho was in his final season.
I've never thought that Ole was toxic but it wouldn't surprise me if the players have realised that Ole isn't good enough to be our manager. I'm not saying they've downed tools but we've all seen in games where we are expected to get a result that the performances have been nowhere near up to scratch. There's no spark and the motivation doesn't seem to be at the required level.

It's like anything in life if you want to be the best. Players need to be pushed to their limits with a superior knowledge greater than their own to reach the top. Being coached by a second rate coach will never take us back to the top no matter how much money and time is spent.

This is where people saying well Klopp and SAF got given time so why shouldn't Ole are so far off the mark that for me it's impossible not to see that Klopp and SAF can/could get every last drop out of a player to elevate them to levels above their actual ability. It's something you either have or don't and unfortunately Ole isn't even close to having it.

Jam

Erm, now let me think

Difference is they’ve won it as managers. The job they were employed here to do. Yeah they didn’t meet expectations but I think they looked much more like managers than Ole does; he should be held to the same standard.

I’ll always love Ole as a player, and as a person, but I don’t think just because he’s a well respected former player doesn’t mean he should be given more leeway in the job as manager.

Should Giggs have just been given the job because of his historic achievements with us? No.

Should Rio be our director of football? No.

Sentimentality shouldn’t mean we give Ole much more time and resources than more accomplished managers.

Walters_19_MuFc

What non-sense, Ole should be judged on what he has accomplished during 14-18 months he's been at the club. Makeup of the squad is on him, who he keeps, who he sells, who he renews, who he buys. That's is solely Ole's responsibility.

He's already spent £200m ffs, if we allow him to build his 'own team' it would require another £600m. Only on Caf do you still see folks peddling this argument about not judging managers untill they have completely built their own team.
Definitely not just on the Caf, its common sense really. We've had four managers since Sir Alex and have all been sacked over a 6 year period. What good is it bringing in managers if they're not able to build the team they want?

Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho all shared different philosophies. This is why our squad is such a mess. We have players with different styles, and Ole is in the process of changing this. If we sack him, then the same thing will happen. A new manager will come in and want players who match his style of play.

Yes, ultimately a manager will be judged on results, but he needs time to build like any other manager would. You can't rebuild a team in 18 months. He's got rid of players, and its going to be a slow process.

Schmeichel=God

feck me that's terrifying. I can genuinely see that being LWLLL :nervous:

Let's hope Ole does another of his back from the dead routines and wins em all.
For me that's LDDLLLWD sack

I do think Watford will hold us to a draw. I think Everton will go utterly stale and we'll get a point there. Brighton are the only ones we should comfortably bet on ourselves to beat. I think Sheffield Utd will beat us at home.

That's my level headed projection.

My positive all things going our way in each game projection is: DWDDWWWD, which is decent.

redshaw

Regarding other stats, we're on course to get 53 points and Chelsea 62, lets say roughly mid to high 50s and mid 60s.

If we can beat Chelsea that could really help us or anyone else around us gain on them. A loss would be a huge blow as we'd be 9 points adrift with just 12 more games. If we can beat them it would look like 4th place could be lower than 2016 total of 66 points, underlining just how haphazard this potato run for 4th has been. Put together a decent month and 4th is probably yours.

Players like Bruno and Ighalo are really going to have to hit the ground running if we're to push for a likely ~65 points needed and even if it's a sorry 60-62 we'll have to pull some wins out of the bag.

I see where Frank Lampard is coming from with his comments about Chelsea unable to sign anyone and others getting players in, we have a potential boost and new ingredients to surprise teams.

Last edited:

nikineil

Oh, and we've won 9 league games in our last 30.

Break that into as many chunks as you like and try making it look pretty.
Holy heck! Thats appalling whichever way you look at it. I am still, barely, in the Ole in camp, and only giving him the benefit of the doubt due to injuries. But 9 in 30 in the league is troubling. Just hope we dont end up being a cup team of sorts.

bonothom

fecking hell. I've just realised Everton are above us right now. That's how bad it is.
Yep we're that shit. Didn't take Ancelotti long to catch United up. If their form continues they'll be pushing for top 4 as Chelsea are dropping points all over the place. United on the other hand are where I think they'll finish, no higher than 8th could be lower. Probably should be thankful that Ole's excellent winning percentage should keep us in the prem.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Lowest number of points after 25 games in the last 30 years right? And still threads are coming up to defend this shambles.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
There’s one stat number that matters — 2, as in two fecking eyes to see that we’re clearly playing terribly. It’s the most consistent stat no matter if you apply to five games at a time or 20.

Who feels good? The fans being laughed at in 8th?

The players and staff?

If it’s the players and staff feeling good when we’re 8th and have won 9 in 25, that’s truly terrifying.

Son

Why should Ole be given that time and leeway when other more seasoned experienced managers didn’t?
This is my problem atm with our situation.

Everyone should be held to similar standards. He needs to go in the summer if the club are serious about improvement. His team just isn’t working if we are realistic about challenging.

We will be stuck in limbo if he stays and it won’t be a good look for the club next season. I’m pretty confident Poch will be our manager come the summer going on our boards record of latching onto the popular thing at the time.

red4ever 79

I'm not a big lover of stats and all that, but the reality is he has to go. We are 7th or 8th I dont even know anymore and I have lost the interest to even look. I find myself watching our games and not really feeling anything anymore. The football is poor, we cant score goals, the results are dreadful and the manager inspires no one. It's not all his fault of course, I hope Ed goes with him. To be signing a striker with two hours of the window left shows how poorly a run club we are