Win the FA Cup, or prevent the Treble?

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Is it not the same thing? If Man Utd win, they win the F.A cup and stop the treble, suppose they could beat Man Utd and still not win a treble.

if we win on Saturday tell Man City, Man Utd, Real Madrid or whoever to come back when they’ve won 5 trebles in 7 year.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
United winning trophies always come first. Obviously, the added perk this year is to stop City from winning the treble.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Would anyone swap this season's League cup for a 100% guarantee that Man City lose the Champs league final?
I consider myself an extremist on this issue but even I don't think I'd go that far. I probably would if we had pretty recent domestic cup triumphs to our name but in the circumstances there was a lot to be said just for getting our hands on any kind of silverware.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is it not the same thing? If Man Utd win, they win the F.A cup and stop the treble, suppose they could beat Man Utd and still not win a treble.

if we win on Saturday tell Man City, Man Utd, Real Madrid or whoever to come back when they’ve won 5 trebles in 7 year.
I think he means what’s the most important outcome of the cup final.

predator

Youth NITK
Win the FA cup in my opinion. City have a long long way to go to accumulate as many trophies as us. I'd rather see city win another 5 league titles on the bounce than Liverpool winning one for instance, as that would technically make them the most successful British club imo - we have more FA cups but they have double our CL's. That is a scary thought for me.

City have more convicted sex offenders than CL titles and are a small football club with a decent fanbase in Stockport and Manchester, granted, but they are now a product of the modern game whereby certain oil rich countries throw their money around.

Having said that, if they do win the treble, the mancunian in me can take solace as no other city in the world bar Milan maybe? has been as successful as Manchester when it comes to football. It's quite an achievement when you consider how London centric this country is.

Our fanbase is so vast and amazing and I know alot will not share the same opinion as I do but its the only thing that would soften the blow if they do the treble.

wolvored

Doesnt winning the FA cup stop the treble anyway? Wierd thread.

48 hours

win the FA cup. Im indifferent to anything City do. Whereas I’d be enraged with Liverpool being in their position

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Win the cup.

Don't know why people keep going on about this treble thing as if City doing it would mean ours didn't count anymore. Like there's some treble trophy that will be removed from Old Trafford and transported to the Etihad by Carlos Tevez.

Someone else will do it sooner or later. They wont do it with two injury time goals in a CL final and the greatest FA cup goal ever in the last ever FA cup semi final replay. They probably also wont do it at a time when the idea of an English team even getting near a Champions League final would be laughable. I don't think a lot of our fans realise just how ridiculously spoilt we were that season.

Also you can't do one without the other so this is a pointless thread.

davidmichael

I look at it as I look at any final United are in, for United to win the trophy and whatever the opposition have on the line is completely irrelevant to me.

The closer it’s getting to the game the more I’m believing we can win this final as well. Casemiro has played himself into form after a couple of months of suspensions, Rashford is rested after a couple of weeks off then one game in a week, Varane is fully fit, Lindelof has found form, Shaw is back at left back, AWB is in form and Fernandes is getting a week between games.

Yes City are favourites BUT we’ve beat them this season and are in a far better place than we were when they beat us earlier in the season, it’s a one off game and our last of the season so can go all out and lay it all on the line whereas City have the biggest game in their history straight after so could have an eye on that.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Would anyone swap this season's League cup for a 100% guarantee that Man City lose the Champs league final?
You know what? No. It was bound to happen, financial doping or not. If it's not this season, it will be another in the near future. Last season, Liverpool were a game and 10 fecking minutes away from surpassing our treble. I'm tired of worrying about how "safe" our achievements are. I am happy to have lived our treble, more so in a time of my life (teenager going into his 20s) when football and the feelings it creates could really leave a mark like branded iron on the flesh. No one can take that away. And you know what i've missed most during this past decade? Some good memories. The LC was our first silverware with a Rashford goal basically sealing it. This should mean something. Likewise, most of the LvG era has become a blur, but i'll never forget Pardew's dance and Lingard scoring that screamer with us being a man down. So, we go to Wembley to create some memories of our own. Feck City.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You know what? No. It was bound to happen, financial doping or not. If it's not this season, it will be another in the near future. Last season, Liverpool were a game and 10 fecking minutes away from surpassing our treble. I'm tired of worrying about how "safe" our achievements are. I am happy to have lived our treble, more so in a time of my life (teenager going into his 20s) when football and the feelings it creates could really leave a mark like branded iron on the flesh. No one can take that away. And you know what i've missed most during this past decade? Some good memories. The LC was our first silverware with a Rashford goal basically sealing it. This should mean something. Likewise, most of the LvG era has become a blur, but i'll never forget Pardew's dance and Lingard scoring that screamer with us being a man down. So, we go to Wembley to create some memories of our own. Feck City.
Hear hear

Steve Bruce

Winning the FA cup. It just so happens to have the added bonus of preventing the treble.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Assuming we're talking about this year

How do you win an FA cup without stopping the treble? And vice versa?

And for what it's worth it's in our hand to keep our treble intact so we better fight till it's the last game of our life, screaming and kicking for every inch of the grass.

At least Liverpool never back down with their game raising cup win during our days.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Winning the cup.

Worrying about rival achievements over our own is weird.

arnie_ni

Win the fa Cup. I don't care one iota about city. If it was Liverpool I might think stop the treble

Zen86

Couldn’t give a toss about the franchise treble. They’ll probably buy it next year anyway if not this.