Win the FA Cup, or prevent the Treble?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Your first thought leans in which direction? "Both," is meaningless: what is your immediate thought in relation to the final?

Certainly becoming a strong real life discussion, so interested to see how it goes on here.

Poll?

Siorac

Win the FA Cup. I don't really think about City, it's Redcafe that keeps reminding me of their potential treble.

Realistically, it's "losing the FA Cup final" anyway.

bringbackbebe

Fight for the FA cup, preventing the treble will take care of itself. Odds are stacked against us, but we have to put in our best.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Winning the cup. We have to think of our selves. If we can’t win the cup then we prevent the treble by injury some of there best players :lol:

JeffFromHK

Would not care less if Man City wins a treble this year. If they achieve this, they deserve all the praises and honour

68cob

My first and only thought is Win the FA Cup and that prevents the treble. I don't understand why there should be a question about it :confused:

Red Rash

As mentioned by everyone else winning the FA Cup is obviously the more important but stopping City from the treble would be a big bonus. Either way I still think United's treble will always be seen as a bigger achievement due to City's oil money.

Tap

Win the Fa cup.

Already i have seen media articles about how our treble is more exciting than city’s. Besides, plenty of other clubs-have done the treble anyway.

Tarrou

honestly I don't care much about city winning the treble

if they win they cheated their way to it, so feck'em

NK86

How is us winning the FA cup not stopping the treble itself? So it becomes an automatic choice then. It's not like City can win some other cup this season to complete the treble.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I want to win FA Cup. If they beat us and win the treble, ok, but we still did it first and didn't have to break the rules to do it. Their win will always be tarnished.

gajender

How is us winning the FA cup not stopping the treble itself? So it becomes an automatic choice then. It's not like City can win some other cup this season to complete the treble.
Read the Op it's actually about what's the thought process which comes to mind immediately when talking about FA Cup final whether it's Us winning a trophy which is a positive one or preventing City from achieving Treble which is more of stopping something which we deem negative from happening .

End result is the same but it shows we are more preoccupied by the thought of City's treble rather than us winning another trophy .

Ten hag atleast is saying all the right things

Atleast that's what I believe Op was getting at .

NK86

Read the Op it's actually about what's the thought process which comes to mind immediately when talking about FA Cup final whether it's Us winning a trophy which is a positive one or preventing City from achieving Treble which is more of stopping something which we deem negative from happening .

End result is the same but it shows we are more preoccupied by the thought of City's treble rather than us winning another trophy .

Ten hag atleast is saying all the right things

Atleast that's what I believe Op was getting at .
In that case, winning the FA cup and doing a domestic double (of sorts) is amazing and hands down more important. Don't care about City even if they win the CL.

gajender

In that case, winning the FA cup and doing a domestic double (of sorts) is amazing and hands down more important. Don't care about City even if they win the CL.
Agreed and that's the way it should be, but there some fans who actually said we should lose to Brighton so that according to them we can spare ourselves the embarrassment of losing to City in the final and also Brighton may have the better chance to beat City .

I don't understand that kind of Attitude for the forum where majority claims not to be bothered by City's success and how it's hollow , So many seem to be quite obsessed with them to the point where Our success seem to become secondary.

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Prevent the treble. It'd be really funny. We sacked a manager straight after they won an FA Cup once, they ain't all that.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I don't think Pep is as bothered about the treble as he is the CL. He is obsessed with winning it.

Having been a child of the 80's and 90's Liverpool are always my main rival but Pep and City are getting closer as my hatred for them grows. I can only assume those who say they don't care or it's meaningless if they win the treble don't live in Manchester or know any City fans? They are unbearable to live amongst at the minute.

In answer to the question its obviously both. Winning any cup is magical and stopping the treble will be just as glorious.

Wezzaldo

Winning the FA cup.

I don’t want city to win the treble, but I’m not that bitter that I can’t say with the level of football they produce that they don’t deserve it.

matt10000

Your first thought leans in which direction? "Both," is meaningless: what is your immediate thought in relation to the final?

Certainly becoming a strong real life discussion, so interested to see how it goes on here.

Poll?
What treble? It doesn’t count.

Can’t believe that idiot on Football Focus saying that if they do it Pep will overtake SAF…….

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It really is. There is some real obsession with City. If they win the treble, they win it. It’ll never eclipse ours anyway.
It’s not an obsession with City. We wouldn’t want any English club to match our crowning achievement.

Either way, it will be the best feeling for many a year if we manage this seemingly impossible feat of beating City in the final. There will be delight at lifting our second trophy of the season and shortly after there will be banter, whether it’s at Wembley or on here.

AndySmith1990

This place is turning into rawk. This (the obsession) is what they were like when we used to be good

christinaa

Gossip Girl
This treble, if it happens, is only based on Financial Doping - so nothing next to our treble.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Obviously winning the fa cup. As much as I don’t want the treble to happen, it has a huge blot on it as does everything that sham club City does.

Winning the FA cup will be fantastic - two trophies in the season after our worst PL points tally and a 6 year drought. It would give the entire club reason to celebrate, a huge lift and provide optimism / faith in the manager and our future with him.