Wingers

Njord

Sanchez and Mata looks done at the top level. I rate Lingard, but for me his only position is as a number ten. Trying to remember positive attacking contributions feom Lingard, I can think of a lot when he comes through the middle, but from the wings I can't see to remember any. For me, Lingard is a very similar player to Alli, and should be utilised the same way. And that is not on the wings.

Considering this, I don't think signing three wingers would be excessive. If one of them could also cover for Shaw, we could kill to stones with one bird. Wingers are an important part of United's history and we should have both starters and options from the bench with pace, dribbling ability and precise deliveries and shots.

This summer we could potentially sign CHO, Sancho and Sessegnon. Three young, english, hungry players that would improve us today, and also be important players in the future. And I think all of them would get enough minutes to develop and be happy

sammyk123

I'd take Sancho and Bale, we need at least 2 genuine wide players and they can both play on either side.

Sancho and CHO would also be good, but if we sell Mata and Sanchez we'd be left without much experience in attack.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seems Sancho is top target, but if the deal was favourable, I’d sign Bale too. All these babies in our team need those ready here and now to deliver.

Sessegnon I’d also like, as we have only one left back in the squad.

billybee99

Sanchez and Mata looks done at the top level. I rate Lingard, but for me his only position is as a number ten. Trying to remember positive attacking contributions feom Lingard, I can think of a lot when he comes through the middle, but from the wings I can't see to remember any. For me, Lingard is a very similar player to Alli, and should be utilised the same way. And that is not on the wings.

Considering this, I don't think signing three wingers would be excessive. If one of them could also cover for Shaw, we could kill to stones with one bird. Wingers are an important part of United's history and we should have both starters and options from the bench with pace, dribbling ability and precise deliveries and shots.

This summer we could potentially sign CHO, Sancho and Sessegnon. Three young, english, hungry players that would improve us today, and also be important players in the future. And I think all of them would get enough minutes to develop and be happy
I stopped ready after this.

Njord

Irregardless of names, my biggest hope for this summer is to get in some pacy wide men with good ability. I hope United are past the "playmaking" wingers who spend 90 % of the match in central areas. As I see it, Martial is the only proper winger we have in the squad.

RD94

Sancho obvious choice. Maybe Chiesa or utilise Brooks on RW. Iwould rather keep snail Mata then sign Bale. He is a half a player he was,injury prone,30,high wages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Can't say I've heard of this phrase before.

No chance we'll be signing three wingers in one transfer window. Once we've signed one RW, we should move onto addressing other problem areas (CB, RB, CM).

reddevil702

Sancho & CHO, would be perfect. Ready to step-in and great long term options as well.

settembrini

A top quality right winger should be our #1 priority this summer.

If we buy well it could transform our attack.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think we need cover for Martial and Shaw and Lingard/Lukaku can provide options on the right. Sancho and Sessegnon would sort everything out. No need for Bale, wouldn't get anywhere near him.

JMack1234

Getting rid of Sanchez is a must.

A really awkward problem but just take the financial hit and try and get out of this deal the best we can. Even if we end up sending him to Sevilla and paying 90% of his wages.

LeftyBlaster

I'd take Sancho and Bale, we need at least 2 genuine wide players and they can both play on either side.

Sancho and CHO would also be good, but if we sell Mata and Sanchez we'd be left without much experience in attack.
Hell to the no. Haven't we learned our lesson buying has-been players who are on the decline and unwanted by their clubs?

NoPace

We have some players who can score goals from out wide, but nobody to help Pogba with the creative burden deeper in midfield or out wide. It's why Sancho is perfect.

Martial/Rash-----Rash/Lukaku---------
--------------------------------Sancho--
----------Pogba--------------------------
--------------------Herrera/Fred--------
---------------Herrera/Matic------------

would give us an elite creative talent on each side of the pitch and let the front 2 worry about banging in goals.

cyril C

NO MORE left wingers please.

cyril C

A really awkward problem but just take the financial hit and try and get out of this deal the best we can. Even if we end up sending him to Sevilla and paying 90% of his wages.
Easier said than done. A player can always refuse to go (unless he get a pay rise). How about paying him 150% of wage and offload to Sevilla for free...

Patrick08

Sanchez ain't a winger any more, he would be better of playing near the box as a striker. He was not used by wenger as a winger too in his later years, mourinho misused him like every other forward player and he has been unlucky with injuries since than, I think sanchez is a hard worker and he will get back into form when used in a right way. We used to play with 4 strikers back then I think with right set up Sanchez will still be a very useful player.

NoPace

Sanchez ain't a winger any more, he would be better of playing near the box as a striker. He was not used by wenger as a winger too in his later years, mourinho misused him like every other forward player and he has been unlucky with injuries since than, I think sanchez is a hard worker and he will get back into form when used in a right way. We used to play with 4 strikers back then I think with right set up Sanchez will still be a very useful player.
Totally agree. He could still get some goals in a front 2 I think, but that's gonna be tough to find. West Ham would make sense.

Mr Smith

Surely the mods should close this? We have a thread already going on wingers in the transfer forum...

deafepl

Sancho is never wingers, just creative attacking wide.

I'd argue CHO is kind of winger we need to, not striker wide like Martial, Mbappe, Rashford or Ali, Sancho, Asensio, etc.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
It's not interesting. Perisic was good few seasons ago, he is just average and very inconsistent. How he plays for Croatia is not his regular level.
The guy works his tripe off every game, doesn't shirk his defensive duties and he's comfortable playing on either wing, i'd take him over anybody we've currently got to play out wide, including Martial

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The guy works his tripe off every game, doesn't shirk his defensive duties and he's comfortable playing on either wing, i'd take him over anybody we've currently got to play out wide, including Martial
Yeah sort of obvious you never watched him play regularly and going by his world cup performance.

Devils11

Douglas Costa over Perisic all days. Fast dribbling skill and explosive left shot, perfect for cutting in from right wing.

Canagel

Time to buy A player like Di Maria that could lay on chances for our strikers+ RF (who are pretty clinical). Martial, Rashford even Lukaku have all hit 10 goals and we played half the season under maureen.
Citys forwards score like us AND create for each other to score. We don't have this. Only Pogba as the sole creator in our team matches Sane and Sterling assists. Before we even get to Silvas and the rest of the midfield. That's frightening.

lysglimt

Scout
I would like to see Zaha back - he has that flair that we lack.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Did you see him against AC Milan last week, and if yes how do you think he played, if not are you watching him today v Lazio ???
His first good game after so many average to poor games.