Winston Churchill

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Of course there should be a social support structure and welfare system, that’s my point, we have one. It’s so good that it stops many from creating a desire to leave it, it’s more profitable to just keep having children than it is to work and for many you get access to better housing. Can you not see the counterproductive effect that has?
Is it MC Escher depicting spiteful ignorance, callous stupidity tied into a mobius strip, or a Tory voting Human Centipede gone ouroboros?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
You said he was ideologically against Fascism (‘end of’) so you post a link where we find Churchill praising Fascism, and you admit he was continually changing his views. How does that square with your claim? It’s baffling. You’re literally denying the history right in front of your eyes. Churchill did not oppose Fascism. It’s that simple. His only problem with it was when he felt it was detrimental to British interests e.g as we see in his support for the military, Church and Falangist forces in the Spanish Civil War, which he turned back on only once he realised Franco would more likely make Spain an ally of Mussolini and Hitler. These are not the actions of an anti-fascist. Nor are his horrific actions in Greece in 1944. But I’m sure massacring anti-Fascists and supporting pro-Nazi forces in the name of anti-Communism is somehow congruous with Churchill being ideologically against fascism ‘end of’ in your mind.
That’s certainly not how I interpret the article. I think the article perfectly proves how Churchill continuously backs either fascism or communism against each other (as Churchill was also an opportunist), but that he was very much ideologically against both ideologies or any other totalitarian system for that matter. But please let people make up their own minds, I’m sure people are adult enough to make up their own minds without you patronizing and belittling me.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RUCK4444 said:
It’s so good that it stops many from creating a desire to leave it, it’s more profitable to just keep having children than it is to work
My mother received the grand total of £7 per child each week when raising us. £7.

Sweet Square

It's funny that the people who love to complain about welfare and how it provides such a brilliant luxurious life style still decide to get up every morning to work a 9 to 5 job. If welfare is so great then clearly you would be an moron not to go on it, right ?

It's almost like conservatives don't actual believe in their own horseshit views and are simply trying to justify policies that attack the poorest in Britain.

neverdie

It's almost like conservatives don't actual believe in their own horseshit views and are simply trying to justify policies that attack the poorest in Britain.
It's an old divisionary tactic. Get one portion of the working class to attack another. If you aren't a millionaire and you complain about welfare then you've been duped.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
It's funny that the people who love to complain about welfare and how it provides such a brilliant luxurious life style still decide to get up every morning to work a 9 to 5 job. If welfare is so great then clearly you would be an moron not to go on it, right ?

That's been my go-to counter whenever someone has a moan/rant about a beggar in the subway. Quite effective because it's so obviously true.

Member 60376

It's supposed to be a mother offering food to her children. Apparently.
Its Iowa characterized as a lady, if I understand the inscription on the wall right. She is the mother and giving milk to her children (symbolizes unifying the nation).

Great mammorial

Silva

Funny how it's okay to make blanket statements like that about a certain section of earths population based on the colour of their skin.
idk how you watch that video and come to that conclusion "people america are taught racist lies and incorrect history and you have to teach them otherwise" "you're a racist" i say smuggly

idk how you watch that video and come to that conclusion
I guess it was the part where she said "any white person raised and schooled in the USA is racist, and if not it's a miracle".

So, sorry, only a section of the population of a country with +300 million people. I'm sure she doesn't mean the same about white people elsewhere in the world :)

idk how you watch that video and come to that conclusion "people america are taught racist lies and incorrect history and you have to teach them otherwise" "you're a racist" i say smuggly
I'm sure you'd interpret me as generously if I said something similar about another group of people. Come on.

Silva

I guess it was the part where she said "any white person raised and schooled in the USA is racist, and if not it's a miracle".

So, sorry, only a section of the population of a country with +300 million people. I'm sure she doesn't mean the same about white people elsewhere in the world :)
she literally doesn't, she's an american teacher who has spent her life campaigning to change the racism in american schools and teaching people how skin colour doesn't make you different, she's commenting on how education sucks and teaches people, in this case white americans. racist things - her example being the discovery of a land with people already on it. she's right, you're chatting shit my man.

she literally doesn't, she's an american teacher who has spent her life campaigning to change the racism in american schools and teaching people how skin colour doesn't make you different, she's commenting on how education sucks and teaches people racist things - her example being the discovery of a land with people already on it. she's right, you're chatting shit my man.
Do I have to make a transcript for you? Those are her words.

you're not Jane Elliot. if you spend the next 50 years campaigning against racism and discrimination you would get to be more provocative without people raising an eyebrow.
Classic, moving the goalpoast when it suits you.

it's true, you're not Jane Elliot. if you start talking about "all of x" i'll remember the time you called Jane Elliot a racist and start to wonder what your problem is.
Feel free, I'd deserve it, but I don't make blanket statements about entire groups of people like that. Because, you know, it's racist.

Silva

Feel free, I'd deserve it, but I don't make blanket statements about entire groups of people like that. Because, you know, it's racist.
idk bro i'm waiting for the full transcript, from the video it sounded like she, jane elliot, the lady who has spent 50 years teaching people that skin colour is just that, a skin colour and nothing else, is saying that white people in america are taught racist things and need to be educated otherwise. we'll find out when you've finished the transcript one way or the other.

Sweet Square

It's an old divisionary tactic. Get one portion of the working class to attack another. If you aren't a millionaire and you complain about welfare then you've been duped.
Reminds of the famous mis quote of how everybody in America views themselves as temporarily embarrassed millionaires. Attacks against welfare from anyone other than the super rich(And even then there's an argument to be made - social stability etc)is just asking to get fecked later on in life.

It's called a social safety net for a reason.

That's been my go-to counter whenever someone has a moan/rant about a beggar in the subway. Quite effective because it's so obviously true.
Yeah I've found the same. Although it's never worth going into this with these people, it's always telling that

1)They think raising children is both somehow easy, cheap and not a form of unpaid labour(I wonder why the they think childcare is so expensive)

2)Even if their fantasy idea of the single mother living a life of luxury on welfare with her five children was real, then actual this mother raising 5 future workers is far more productive for the economy then someone sitting behind an office desk.

Like all conservative arguments it fails to understand the very basic operating systems of capitalism. All they have is performative cruelty and a sense of entitlement.

idk bro i'm waiting for the transcript, from the video it sounded like she, jane elliot, the lady who has spent 50 years teaching people that skin colour is just that, a skin colour and nothing else, is saying that white people in america are taught racist things and need to be educated otherwise. we'll find out when you've finished the transcript one way or the other.
Any white person who was born, raised and schooled in the US, if you aren't racist you're a miracle. Either that or you deciced to educate yourself because eduation in this country is about white is right, brown is alright, black has to stand back.

There you go.

i know these threads get weird sometimes but jane elliot a racist for her comments about whitey, god damn.
It's a racist thing to say because it's a moral judgment about a group of people based on the colour of their skin.

Edit: Removed irrelevant part

Silva

Any white person who was born, raised and schooled in the US, if you aren't racist you're a miracle. Either that or you deciced to educate yourself because eduation in this country is about white is right, brown is alright, black has to stand back.
full transcript my dude, she elaborates on which racist and sexist ways the education system teaches american students. if you want to disagree with her, go ahead and be that guy.

It's a racist thing to say because it's a moral judgment about a group of people based on the colour of their skin.
her skin, the colour of her skin. she's saying people like her are taught a predominantly white male led curriculum that teaches people white is right, and even promotes some outright white supremacist themes i.e the discovery of america. in her industry, education, she's criticising the systemic ways in which racism is promoted and in which it affects all, but specifically, white americans.

Are you so deep into the whole intersectionality thing that you've completely lost sight of what racism actually is?
are you so in need of a dictionary that you think words are completely meaningless, without context and so uneducated and ignorant that you think racism is when you generalise in the first sentence of an essay before qualifying it?

are you so in need of a dictionary that you think words are completely meaningless, without context and so uneducated and ignorant that you think racism is generalisation?
When it's used to make a moral judgement of people based on the colour of their skin, it most certainly is, yes.

I don't mind seeing people's words and actions in context, but it's a gesture that should be given all people, not just the people with the right opinions.

Silva

When it's used to make a moral judgement of people based on the colour of their skin, it most certainly is, yes.

I don't mind seeing people's words and actions in context, but it's a gesture that should be given all people, not just the people with the right opinions.
the context here is a white american educator saying that other white americans need to be reeducated out of the racism they were initially educated into. it's not a judgement of character, she doesn't think personal racism is innate to a persons character, she thinks it's something that's learned and can be changed through better education and that's clearly what she's expressing there.

it's a gross and offensive misinterpretation of her work and words to say "she's being racist about white people." when she's very clearly and explicitly saying "an education system that teaches you about great white men and little else will make you think white men are the best"

and the full transcript i'm still owed will show that, not letting that go, why would you even offer that?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
she literally doesn't, she's an american teacher who has spent her life campaigning to change the racism in american schools and teaching people how skin colour doesn't make you different, she's commenting on how education sucks and teaches people, in this case white americans. racist things - her example being the discovery of a land with people already on it. she's right, you're chatting shit my man.
Have some sympathy for the poor man!
Coming to terms with the fact that you might've been scammed and your successes may have been derived from privilege is a tough gig.
I'd imagine it would cause many to talk shit.
Might even make your mind go loopy.

Last edited:
the context here is a white american educator saying that other white americans need to be reeducated out of the racism they were initially educated into. it's not a judgement of character, she doesn't think personal racism is innate to a persons character, she thinks it's something that's learned and can be changed through better education and that's clearly what she's expressing there.

it's a gross and offensive misinterpretation of her work and words to say "she's being racist about white people." when she's very clearly and explicitly saying "an education system that teaches you about great white men and little else will make you think white men are the best"
You can say this about any racist in the world then, making the term meaningless in terms of personal responsibility to treat every individual you encouter on the basis of their character, and not the colour of their skin. That's not the world I want to live in.

and the full transcript i'm still owed will show that, not letting that go, why would you even offer that?
I made you a transcript of her racist statement. Nothing she says in the rest of the video changes or retracts that. Do you transcribe full Trump speeches before being able to point out flaws in them in good faith?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
idk bro i'm waiting for the full transcript, from the video it sounded like she, jane elliot, the lady who has spent 50 years teaching people that skin colour is just that, a skin colour and nothing else, is saying that white people in america are taught racist things and need to be educated otherwise. we'll find out when you've finished the transcript one way or the other.
@pierrethesnack has made me loads of seductive promises .... only to leave me hanging and never deliver on his promise.
Not reliable for a 2nd date I'm afraid.