Winston Churchill

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
@pierrethesnack , you just don't get it. And that's fine, not everyone will. But it will be more a credit to your character if you at least try let marinate what's been said to you, rather than outright dismissing forevz and that.

On another note, this guy came up on my recommended a couple weeks back and I quite like him. Dude from the South of the good ol USA, speaking about the whole statues and history thing.

Edit: Just checked out the Trump thread and it seems he is about. :)

Last edited:

Silva

You can say this about any racist in the world then,
yeah, people do, literally all the time. and it's true, and the reason why successful campaigns against racism focus on education and minority empowerment/visibility.

making the term meaningless in terms of personal responsibility to treat every individual you encouted onthe basis of their character
that's not what mlk was talking about my dude, he was saying "don't prejudge a person" not "don't prejudge society" because he was judgemental as feck about society and white people in general as jane elliot is, and he was fecking right.

I made you a transcript of her racist statement. Nothing she says in the rest of the video changes or retracts that. Do you transcribe full Trump speeches before being able to point out flaws int them in good faith?
i don't go around offering people stupid shit on the internet, if you want to offer a transcript, do a full transcript or shut the feck up

that's not what mlk was talking about my dude, he was saying "don't prejudge a person" not "don't prejudge society" because he was judgemental as feck about society, and he was fecking right.
Except she said white people, not society.

i don't go around offering people stupid shit on the internet, if you want to offer a transcript, do a full transcript or shut the feck up
I offered and provided a transcript of her racist statement, which is what I reacted to. I'm sorry if you feel cheated out of the rest of it.

Silva

Except she said white people, not society.
"white americans are brought up racist here's how and how to change it" "i think you might be racist, white lady"

mlk was right, white liberals are the worst people.

I offered and provided a transcript of her racist statement, which is what I reacted to. I'm sorry if you feel cheated out of the rest of it.
you didn't, you provided a partial quote, which, even without context, is not even a little bit racist. Even without the following elaboration "white americans are taught to be racist and sexist in school" is just a fact

RUCK4444

My mother received the grand total of £7 per child each week when raising us. £7.
Hey Steve, didn’t get a notification for this message for some reason. Not sure what my mother got for us, Similar I guess but will check, the housing we had was pretty good though.

Safe to say though Steve it’s a lot more today than when we were kids.

It was out of necessity though after she left the old man, however now it’s a life choice for some - not all - so that goes to show the massive change over the last generation or so.

I have dozens of friends who are 2nd/3rd generation unemployed. I’ll give you one example, perhaps my best mate at school.
This lad was the best footballer in the school, the town probably, one of those lads that’s good at any sport they play the instant they try it. Fit, able, could turn his hand to almost anything.
Started on the weed when he was a teenager, I left his house one day and never went back because he had chosen to stay in that same room playing the same PlayStation games, smoking weed with the same people, day in, day out, year after year.

Im assured through my brother he’s still sat in the same house doing the same things, never once sought a days work in his life, has three kids now, fourth on the way.
It’s an undeniable, viable, life choice for some Steve. He has no qualifications, any job he could find would pay less than what he gets to stay home smoking and playing PlayStation games.

I grew up with the vast majority of my friends in council estates and some choose to leave and some choose to stay, its a sad fact of life in this age.

The overwhelming difference is in the mindset, coupled with the ‘option’ to choose to do nothing and be content with what they get.

Support should be there when you need it, when you’ve fallen on hard times, like our parents did. It’s now perversely used as a potentially permanent choice of income. It makes me sad more than angry, it’s an ambition killer amongst the youth of today.

Silva

This lad was the best footballer in the school, the town probably, one of those lads that’s good at any sport they play the instant they try it. Fit, able, could turn his hand to almost anything.
Started on the weed when he was a teenager, I left his house one day and never went back because he had chosen to stay in that same room playing the same PlayStation games, smoking weed with the same people, day in, day out, year after year.

Im assured through my brother he’s still sat in the same house doing the same things, never once sought a days work in his life, has three kids now, fourth on the way.
It’s an undeniable, viable, life choice for some Steve. He has no qualifications, any job he could find would pay less than what he gets to stay home smoking and playing PlayStation games.
man who never leaves his room and smokes week all day, never working, somehow manages to have 4 children. this is definitely a true, not exaggerated or made up story. no siree. definitely all true and not an obvious lie/obvious case of man chatting shit about person they've not had contact with since childhood.

RUCK4444

man who never leaves his room and smokes week all day, never working, somehow manages to have 4 children. this is definitely a true, not exaggerated or made up story. no siree. definitely all true and not an obvious lie/obvious case of man chatting shit about person they've not had contact with since childhood.
Why the feck would I make that up you clown.

It’s hardly a feckin unbelievable epic trilogy of a story. Do you actually know anybody outside of this forum?

Edit: put me on block and go back to your online life pal.

Silva

Why the feck would I make that up you clown.

It’s hardly a feckin unbelievable epic trilogy of a story. Do you actually know anybody outside of this forum?
yeah, loads, at least like, 7 people. some of them even live with their parents in their 20s and 30s, they also have jobs like people who don't. i might know that about them, but the people they haven't seen since school might not. who knows, what i do know is, you're almost certainly chatting shit about that particular person. If a person really just stuck in their house, it's more like to be mental health issues than a choice to do nothing.

RUCK4444

yeah, loads, at least like, 7 people. some of them even live with their parents in their 20s and 30s, they also have jobs like people who don't. i might know what about them, but the people they haven't seen since school might not. who knows, what i do know is, you're almost certainly chatting shit about that particular person. If a person really just stuck in their house, it's more like to be mental health issues than a choice to do nothing.
OK so that wasn’t even English so I’m lost.

The guy has been with the same girl since we left school, they have kids now. Do you want me to explain how that happened as well? Ffs.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
SteveJ said:
My mother received the grand total of £7 per child each week when raising us.
Safe to say though Steve it’s a lot more today than when we were kids.
Not sure about that, mate - Peter Ridsdale offered my mum £55,000 a week for the all the kids. ;)

Silva

The guy has been with the same girl since we left school, they have kids now. Do you want me to explain how that happened as well? Ffs.
good for them tbh, it's nice when people find eachother and go for it. I don't know why you insist on chatting shit about him though. it's pretty obvious from your tone that you have nothing but contempt for him despite nothing but hearsay since you were children. grow the feck up dude, you don't know him, you're just chatting shit.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
good for them tbh, it's nice when people find eachother and go for it. I don't know why you insist on chatting shit about him though. it's pretty obvious from your tone that you have nothing but contempt for him despite nothing but hearsay since you were children. grow the feck up dude, you don't know him, you're just chatting shit.
:lol:

RUCK4444

:lol: It’s rare I’m lost for words but well done.

I love how you find my basic story of one of my best pals growing up and living in a council house so utterly far fetched. I was going to write a book about it.

Sometimes when we were in school the physics professor would write these long equations out on the board and after school my mate would solve them and write the answers underneath.
Id pick him up on weekends wishing that he would put his talented mind to good use and move away from this town forever...

neverdie

Reminds of the famous mis quote of how everybody in America views themselves as temporarily embarrassed millionaires. Attacks against welfare from anyone other than the super rich(And even then there's an argument to be made - social stability etc)is just asking to get fecked later on in life.
The very argument made by well known Marxist Warren Buffet.

Your anecdotal experiences really don't matter except as examples of how you've come to misrepresent the reality of a situation based on hearsay.

In 2019 Social security payments are the lowest they have been since the welfare state was started, millions are excluded from mainstream society and food bank use has increased. The Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) found £73 per week, (which is standard for Universal Credit that 2.3 million people claim) now amounts to 12.5% of median earnings. When unemployment benefit was introduced in 1948 it amounted 20%. Due to this millions of people are, “excluded from mainstream society, with the basic goods and amenities needed to survive let alone thrive increasingly out of their grip”
Adjusted for inflation, unemployment benefit in the UK is less now than it was in 1948.

Unemployment Figures

Unemployment is itself at its lowest level since before Thatcher.

Longterm Unemployment

Longterm unemployment is more or less at its lowest level in recorded history.

So in reality people are being paid less than ever from the welfare safety net and fewer people than at any time in the past five decades are in receipt of said benefits.

RUCK4444

The very argument made by well known Marxist Warren Buffet.

Your anecdotal experiences really don't matter except as examples of how you've come to misrepresent the reality of a situation based on hearsay.

Adjusted for inflation, unemployment benefit in the UK is less now than it was in 1948.

Unemployment Figures

Unemployment is itself at its lowest level since before Thatcher.

Longterm Unemployment

Longterm unemployment is more or less at its lowest level in recorded history.

So in reality people are being paid less than ever from the welfare safety net and fewer people than at any time in the past five decades are in receipt of said benefits.
So I can believe individuals being in receipt of welfare may have decreased but couples can still make the choice of having kids to get the keys to the state money box.

My point is not that it’s at it’s worst but rather that it’s created a generation of youth for which it was, and still is imo, a viable choice other than seeking work.

If you don’t believe my experience of it then I can’t help you to, I can only pass on my experience of it and the choices many people I know that shaped that opinion.

neverdie

My point is not that it’s at it’s worst but rather that it’s created a generation of youth for which it was, and still is imo, a viable choice other than seeking work.
Which is fine except this generation doesn't exist. If they did it would be reflected in the figures I showed you. Or such a generation does exist but have chosen to work rather than make use of this apparently novel option of doing nothing.

If you don’t believe my experience of it then I can’t help you to
Everyone knows someone or multiple people. This kind of evidence isn't evidence at all. It's anecdotal and misrepresents the basic reality of the economic situation.

neverdie

Sometimes when we were in school the physics professor would write these long equations out on the board and after school my mate would solve them and write the answers underneath.
Id pick him up on weekends wishing that he would put his talented mind to good use and move away from this town forever...
It's almost as if Margaret Thatcher wrote the plot to Good Will Hunting.

Obvious WUM.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I have loads of work-shy mates who live the benefits lifestyle. Not all of them look and behave like Fagin, there is always the rare exception. My best mate though is a typical scrounger who only leaves the house to get ciggies, booze and the dole cheque. When I last went round for a cuppa tea and Turkey Twizzler the place was a right state. There were women with their tits out, babies flung over steps, the stench of decay and gin permeating the street, all in black and white. Benefits exponentials has encouraged babies to have babies at such a rate that they've begun using them as loft insulation. If it continues, soon there will be more claimants than legal moves on a chess board. The satellite power potential from the sky dishes on one estate rivals that of the world's most prestigious observatories. My second best mate was a golf prodigy but couldn't afford to pay the club fees whilst working, so he quit and the council got him a house with a 18 hole course garden, he's now the Ryder Cup captain. It's mostly a mental thing though, completely fecking mental. With the PlayStation 5 due for release I'm preparing for a spate of nation wide power outages. One of my other mates was a great musician and once nearly escaped with his family from this scrounging vortex, they had made it all the way towards the outskirts of the street but just as he passed the threshold and into the light of decent hard working society he turned back to see his wife dragged back into the underworld of state dependency. The welfare system is full of such tragedy. You couldn't make it up.

Silva

I have loads of work-shy mates who live the benefits lifestyle. Not all of them look and behave like Fagin, there is always the rare exception. My best mate though is a typical scrounger who only leaves the house to get ciggies, booze and the dole cheque. When I last went round for a cuppa tea and Turkey Twizzler the place was a right state. There were women with their tits out, babies flung over steps, the stench of decay and gin permeating the street, all in black and white. Benefits exponentials has encouraged babies to have babies at such a rate that they've begun using them as loft insulation. If it continues, soon there will be more claimants than legal moves on a chess board. The satellite power potential from the sky dishes on one estate rivals that of the world's most prestigious observatories. My second best mate was a golf prodigy but couldn't afford to pay the club fees whilst working, so he quit and the council got him a house with a 18 hole course garden, he's now the Ryder Cup captain. It's mostly a mental thing though, completely fecking mental. With the PlayStation 5 due for release I'm preparing for a spate of nation wide power outages. One of my other mates was a great musician and once nearly escaped with his family from this scrounging vortex, they had made it all the way towards the outskirts of the street but just as he passed the threshold and into the light of decent hard working society he turned back to see his wife dragged back into the underworld of state dependency. The welfare system is full of such tragedy. You couldn't make it up.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

neverdie

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This is a work of genius, and my vote for a Caf award.

RUCK4444

It's almost as if Margaret Thatcher wrote the plot to Good Will Hunting.

Obvious WUM.
:lol: I obviously added the goodwill hunting plot to appease Silva as he was so enthralled by my run of the mill example.

But seriously the lad was a physics and maths genius:D

RUCK4444

Love it :lol: You know your all know somebody like this ya feckers.

Sweet Square

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
It's been a surreal journey through the last two pages of this thread. It started quite rightly with Winston Churchill, but then strangely turned past a soft porn milf "mammorial" statue that is apparently Iowa. Before you can even appreciate that it very suddenly veered down the eye opening cul-de-sac unmasking an anti-racism campaigner of many decades as an actual real life racist. A very quick pit stop for a same sex date at a Nepalese barbecue place. Then all of a sudden with little warning, we're off again this time on a well trodden highway of benefit scroungers and naturally, Goodwill Hunting.

Keep up the good work caf!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I understand the point of not idolising historic figures, but the problem is you can't wash away all of human history based on preferences or political correctness.

I agree fully in equality, that is with the gender pay gap, no preference due to ethnicity, theology, gender, nationality, all should be equal.

However every historical figure at one point would have been deemed 'a racist' because it was purely how things were the time.

It was mostly to do with colonialism.

Pre industrial revolution (where machines) could do labour, sadly there was slavery it is a dark period in history, and people like Churchill also helped the country in the war so on the national level he is a hero, but on a human level, based on 21st century values he isn't.

One day we may deem those who pay people minimum wages 'exploitative' such as Jeff Bezos, and any statues he has may also be torn down, our view on history changes with time, but you can't take that away.

The larger issue currently is of course BLM and also police brutality which clearly needs to stop, but ripping down statues purely because of the movement I'm not entirely sure of.

The purpose of the statues are to do with things like what they contributed, such as Churchill with WW2, the statue isn't a monument to his racist views.

Last edited:

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
I think you'll find loft insulation is harmful to babies.

Sweet Square

I understand the point of not idolising historic figures, but the problem is you can't wash away all of human history based on preferences or political correctness.

I agree fully in equality, that is with the gender pay gap, no preference due to ethnicity, theology, gender, nationality, all should be equal.

However every historical figure at one point would have been deemed 'a racist' because it was purely how things were the time.

It was mostly to do with colonialism.

Pre industrial revolution (where machines) could do labour, sadly there was slavery it is a dark period in history, and people like Churchill also helped the country in the war so on the national level he is a hero, but on a human level, based on 21st century values he isn't.

One day we may deem those who pay people minimum wages 'exploitative' such as Jeff Bezos, and any statues he has may also be torn down, our view on history changes with time, but you can't take that away.

The larger issue currently is of course BLM and also police brutality which clearly needs to stop, but ripping down statues purely because of the movement I'm not entirely sure of.

The purpose of the statues are to do with things like what they contributed, such as Churchill with WW2, the statue isn't a monument to his racist views.