With Jose in, which Spurs players need to be demanding their agent gets them out ASAP?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Perhaps, Jose will take his time before alienating half of his squad, perhaps not. I should think the majority of the time at Spurs, the players there have happy memories and have enjoyed the football they've played.

Obviously things have soured this season, but Mourinho is about as 'result-over-joy' as you're going to get, which, for some players, will drain them to their core and kill their freedom of expression.

Some players will be benefactors of this kind of coach, others are likely to be in for a miserable x amount of months before he is sacked or they can find another club.

So who do you think needs to be begging their agent for an out?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I would say none of them. Mourinho is still a good manager and they could win something with him this season. The time to get in touch with agents will come this summer when they know what is what.

DoomSlayer

I'm sure a lot of players had issues with Levy, not just Pochettino so they would still want to leave.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Not so sure who will want to get out (Kane would look great in red though), but I'm pretty sure someone like Rose will be quite excited as Mourinho seems to be a fan of his if the reports were true that he wanted him at United...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think Mourinho will be a big fan of Eriksen, personally.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Jesus, Poch wins nothing players will want to leave, Jose has won everything and the players will want to leave... Let him have a game and see how we go :lol:. If the reports this morning and the quotes from the players are to be believed, they were far from happy with Poch.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lamela. Mourinho will give him the Luke Shaw treatment if he stays.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
High profile manager like Jose could get some of these players to sign extensions? or are the wages offered way below what they would get elsewhere?

ROFLUTION

Will he favor Alli more over Son?

He likes physique and aggressiveness, but Son is one hell of a player.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
High profile manager like Jose could get some of these players to sign extensions? or are the wages offered way below what they would get elsewhere?
If he did it would be a massive statement. I don't think we would be offering what they will get if going on a free.

tomaldinho1

We should 100% be in for Winks given I can't see Mou fancying him

Much of the unrest that might come this summer will be outside of Mou's control though, unless there's some radical overhaul to how they can compensate players it'll be the same problems

Alabaster Codify7

They have many players he WILL like, too. However, most of them are getting on a bit in age also. Spurs already have a gritty, borderline dirty edge so within months I can see Jose turning them into a hellish team to play against - 1-0 winning, physical as hell bruisers. But I see it being a short-lived run of positivity. Gone by next Christmas.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Feel Erikson is still the most obvious at the moment.

Jose loves commitment and couple that together with the Dane eager to leave then I think we'll see most of Erikson's remaining time at the club sat on the bench watching on,til January atleast.

Feel Lucas is going to play a prominent role under Jose. Perfect counter attacking individual.

Jose may also rejuvenate Dier.

redIndianDevil

Son will struggle IMO if Mourinho still persists with the park the bus and counter attack football.

AshRK

Will he favor Alli more over Son?

He likes physique and aggressiveness, but Son is one hell of a player.
I feel he will love Son and he could turn out to be his favourite player. Hardworking players are always a favorite for Jose.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Perhaps, Jose will take his time before alienating half of his squad, perhaps not. I should think the majority of the time at Spurs, the players there have happy memories and have enjoyed the football they've played.

Obviously things have soured this season, but Mourinho is about as 'result-over-joy' as you're going to get, which, for some players, will drain them to their core and kill their freedom of expression.

Some players will be benefactors of this kind of coach, others are likely to be in for a miserable x amount of months before he is sacked or they can find another club.

So who do you think needs to be begging their agent for an out?
Those that do not wish to win trophies...?

Absolutely weird thread - the players will be excited, Mourinho wins trophies and is a very good manager.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I feel Pochettino's Spurs squad is easily adaptable to Jose's methods.

It's why the Allegri links a few weeks back also didn't seem entirely mad either.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
All of those under 21 such as Parrott, Sessengon, Walker-Peters. The former two especially.

Think that Winks will struggle. Not Mourinho's sort of midfielder.

Conversly, think that Erikson, Dier, Ndombele, Sissoko, Alderweirald, Vertonghan, Rose, Alli will all do well.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
First come the motivation phase: every player knows this is a good chance to get back into the starting team. Then problems will hit the fan.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I don't think Mourinho will be a big fan of Eriksen, personally.
If Mourinho plays a 4-3-3 there is no way he will play Erikson in the midfield. He is the type of player that Mourinho would only play on the wing. My guess is he will play a 4-2-3-1 and assuming everyone is healthy, it will probably look like this:

-----------------------Lloris---------------------
WP----------Toby------------Jan-----------Rose
--------------Ndombele---------Dier----------------
Erikson-------------Deli-----------------Son
--------------------Kane----------------------

Erikson may be on the bench and Moura on the right...

"Edited"...I forgot about Ndombele

Last edited:

Son

I’m pretty sure all the Tottenham players will be extremely excited to work with Mourinho. One of the greatest managers of all time and still has a bit left in the tank.

He won us trophies so I don’t understand the Mourinho hate from United fans. He actually did pretty well here on the whole. I assume he will win Tottenham a minor trophy or 2 at least in the coming years. His in-game changes / tactics are some of the very best to this day imo.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They'll be one young player Jose will stick/persist with. That player would likely be a left-field choice.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This depends on whether Mourinho has changed his approach to football or not.
His footballing approach wont change and,frankly,why should it ? Its won him countless trophies and individual titles.

His methods with dealing with playing personal and those above him certainly needs to be more subtle and less obnoxious,though.

Fosu-Mens

His footballing approach wont change and,frankly,why should it ? Its won him countless trophies and individual titles.

His methods with dealing with playing personal and those above him certainly needs to be more subtle and less obnoxious,though.
I'm inclined to disagree. Some variation of possessionbased football is what is and will be needed to win over time. In special games against a superior opponent, then Mourinho's pragmatic/destructive approach will be the best way to get a result.

OleTheGreat

Jose is a great manager if you think just winning is everything. He had to leave United because although he won 3 trophies albeit adding Community Shield in the count, his football tactics were not suitable to our great club. We want positive football tactics and great potential in our players. We want players to go out there and play the best in their capabilities every time. Jose is a coach who would want his players to hold their position in their half and want his forwards and midfielders to close every space in their own half and when the opposition is dispossessed he wants his wingers attacking the spaces and his midfielders to carry the ball quickly and go for the goal. He hates wasting time on the ball but loves wasting time without it. Spurs players will learn this very quickly and they will love to attack quickly at first but as time passes they will understand that he will make them sit deeper and deeper in their own half against bigger opposition and man-mark a player who unleashes the passes in the opposition team. Jose's tactics vary from one game to another and that is probably why he cannot put together a strong team unless he has a fit XI who can rock it week in week out.

We have come to know that, that only lasts a couple of seasons and then it gets hectic and then he loses the dressing room and then his job. Happened every time. Although he is a clever manager, he does not gel a lot with many of his players and his character is always a distant one.

Spurs, it is your turn to try to change this man! I doubt it is possible but never say never! This Spurs team can win a PL title and a few cups during his tenure if things went right for him.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Moura maybe? Though he's unlikely to get a club of a similar level if he does leave, so maybe he'd stick it out?

Alli will be interesting: he's been out of form for a long while now and doesn't seem that motivated I'm general, but obviously he has the high level of shithousery that Jose will likely value tremendously- could go either way.

Last edited: