With Ole at the wheel, where do we end up in the final table?

With Ole at the wheel, what'll be our final position?

• Top 4

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • Europa League

Votes: 112 32.3%
  • Mid-table

Votes: 195 56.2%
  • Relegation battle, still in EPL

Votes: 21 6.1%
  • Relegated

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

manunited1919

• Top Four
  • Europa League
  • Mid Table
  • Relegation battle, but in EPL
  • Relegated
Assume Ole is given funds to bring in a midfielder and possibly a striker in January. But also consider proven players are difficult to come by in January.

manunited1919

• Top Four
  • Europa League
  • Mid Table
  • Relegated
Assume Ole is given funds to bring in a midfielder and possibly a striker in January. But also consider proven players are difficult to come by in January.
@Damien can we have a poll please?

Member 119614

Between 10th and 15th and that looks horrible but it isn't. Ole didn't get much backing from up above. His complete makeover stalled because Woodward wasn't able to buy more reinforcements while Ole green lighted all those players out. So now he has this squad which is all over the place, most of them are awkwardly young.
I'm pretty sure Ole is really just pissed off with the board, I hope he doesn't crack mentally due to the pressure but he looks level headed and smart enough not to.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Just what we needed...a thread about how well we are doing with Ole in charge. I'm amazed nobody already started something like this already...sigh

Sterling Archer

• Top Four
  • Europa League
  • Mid Table
  • Relegated
Should be irrespective of funds and recruitment.

Top 10 my guess. By dumb luck.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Europa league spots... Our play overall for the season has definitely warranted more points than we have so far, but not enough depth to carry that throughout a season to get 3rd or 4th over Leicester or chelsea.

mav_9me

If Ole stays the whole season we could finish anywhere between 8-12. However he would be sacked before that. He will continue for a few more games and we will continue our current results and sometime in December he will be sacked when we are in 10-12 position.

Cloud7

Around 8-9 I think. We’re bad, but with the tendency to scrape a result here and there I think we’ll just about manage a too half finish. Crazy when you realize that it’s fecking Manchester United you’re talking about here.

Bondi77

We are so inconsistent I see nothing better than mid table.
It is annoying me now that Ole has copy and pasted the line from Jose that Jan is a difficult market when we all know whenever we are interested in a player it becomes a difficult market.
When we have no Euro football next year the line about top players want Euro football will be wheeled out again so we will have to pay over the odds for above average players.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
When will players like Pogba, Shaw, Martial and DDG lose motivation?

How many other players in our squad have the right mentality when results goes south?

How will Ole and his team cope with increasing media pressure and a large part of our fan base in uproar?

How long before the owners and other shareholders will lose their calmness?

In a best case scenario with one new midfielder in January probably around 7-10. Otherwise it’s perfectly reasonable to see us outside top 10 if our current form continues. A worst case scenario, key players losing motivation, injuries, Ole in panic mode then everything is possible.

Mcking

He would be sacked before it gets as bad as a relegation battle. If he manages to get to the end of the season then he may have managed to keep the team near the Europa League places.

Treble

I think he'll probably scrape a Europa place... probably.

Bless him.
That's optimistic.

It's also optimistic to think Ole will be sacked any time soon. Only a catastrophic string of results, say 3-4 consecutive losses in the league or many games without a win would endanger his position. Ole is save as long as we don't get seriously involved in a relgeation battle.

Raw

On the cusp of a Europa League place, but still a fair few amount of points away from the others. We'll probably be like 2 or 3 points ahead of midtable mediocrity, purely on the basis that we have better players.

Son

Between 10th and 15th and that looks horrible but it isn't. Ole didn't get much backing from up above. His complete makeover stalled because Woodward wasn't able to buy more reinforcements while Ole green lighted all those players out. So now he has this squad which is all over the place, most of them are awkwardly young.
I'm pretty sure Ole is really just pissed off with the board, I hope he doesn't crack mentally due to the pressure but he looks level headed and smart enough not to.
It is awful to finish between 10th and 15th with our squad.

How is that even remotely a reason for keeping him on as manager? In my opinion he should have been sacked already.

Poor tactician, often a poor man manager, the worst mananager I’ve ever seen at United. Moyes had us further up the table with a team that while experienced was falling apart and in open revolt by the end.

There are no excuses to be as far down as we are. Completely unacceptable. He’ll never quit either because then he won’t get the decent payout at the end. It’s a job to him first and foremost and he’ll never earn a pay check like it again in his coaching career.

Renegade

The drop in expectation and standard from some off our fans deary me.

Everton/West Ham would be disappointed with a 10-15th place finish.

Judas

Open to offers
Another new member being Ole In. What a surprise. Utter shite to say this squad finishing between 10th and 15th isn't horrible. Some of you lot are so easily brainwashed.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Between 10th and 15th and that looks horrible but it isn't.
It really is for a club our size.

Ole didn't get much backing from up above.
He didn't do too badly, approx £150m wasn't peanuts but I agree the job was badly implemented by not going further with players in and letting players go without replacements

Let's hope so. This season is on a knife edge.

My prediction for table finish is 10th - 8th.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Probably between 7th-10th

I still think this squad could easily get top four with a competent manager, especially with Arsenal and Spurs struggling so much too, but alas, that won't happen because our board are a load of incompetent fecks who'd rather watch us sink than swim.

lurkingfan

With Pogba, Marital, Tuanzebe back and fit, we'll be hitting the giddy heights of 6th. Possibly making Arsenal sweat for their Europa league spot but ultimately coming short.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Wasnt so long ago people dismissing finishing a distant 2nd. Now they're praising a possible 10th place finish as something that wasnt so bad.