With Ole at the wheel, where do we end up in the final table?

With Ole at the wheel, what'll be our final position?

• Top 4

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • Europa League

Votes: 112 32.3%
  • Mid-table

Votes: 195 56.2%
  • Relegation battle, still in EPL

Votes: 21 6.1%
  • Relegated

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

Smores

Even mismanaged this squad will get at least 7th. I hope.....

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
8th to 12th although I can possibly see Ole saving face by winning the league Cup.

Bestietom

5th/6th place. But we could win the europa league with a midfielder and a striker brought here in January.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
6th to 8th

6th would be about par with the squad we've got, for me
Agreed, defense is starting to look alright, still need a LB that can stay fit for more than 2 weeks a year, attack is thin as feck, but shows some promise imo. Midfield on the other hand, and even more so without Pogba, is relegation quality if not worse. I remember we used to moan about midfield under Fergie when we had Carrick, Fletcher, Park and an ageing Scholes. This is something else though

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Somewhere between 9th-13th.
I still think that 8th place is possible.

And on the subject of January signings - this won't be happening unless we get a player on a free or on loan. But I don't see us spending any significant cash on a transfer fee.

Ole is currently following Woodward's wishes of not wanting to spend money and that's probably what's keeping him in the job.
Ole is a manager who has us in 10th place, but is in Woodward's good books because he doesn't ask for more money.
Jose's ambition was too high and Woodward was not willing to fund that ambition. He replaced him with Ole, whose ambition is low, which fits in with Woodward's spending policy.

432JuanMata

You asked me if I could be certain that Rodgers would do a better job than Solskjaer. No I can't be certain. There are no certainties in football. As per my irrelevant examples.
Nothing is certain but I’m 99.9999% sure Rodgers would do a better job than Ole. Sure if there was a chance of getting Rodgers I’d personally drive Ole out of carrington myself

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Wasnt so long ago people dismissing finishing a distant 2nd. Now they're praising a possible 10th place finish as something that wasnt so bad.
It is indeed astounding how low standards have dropped in such a short space of time.
10th place should be an instant sacking. If Ole were asked if he should be sacked, he'd probably say yes, but he would also argue that in 3 years, they will compete for top 4.

Last edited:

Alabaster Codify7

It is indeed astounding how low standards have dropped in such a short space of time.
10th place should be an instant sacking. If Ole were asked if he should be sacked, he'd probably say yes, but he would also argue that in 3 years, they will compete for top 4.

5th by 1point used to be an instant sacking. Now a lot of our fans feel finishing 10th and about 15pts off 4th would be fine as long as Ole is 'playing the lads' and 'gets United'. Forget actual progress or promise, forget good football, forget results altogether. We're almost complete in our transition to a Burnley type club - happy to be taking part in the Premier League.

Bestietom

Nothing is certain but I’m 99.9999% sure Rodgers would do a better job than Ole. Sure if there was a chance of getting Rodgers I’d personally drive Ole out of carrington myself
Don't think there is much chance of Rogers. Allegri will be next manager.

Infra-red

Only 4.5% of members of a Manchester United forum think that Solskjaer is good enough to get us a top 4 finish this season! Christ.

It's also surprising how far expectations have fallen since the start of the season - poll on here in mid-August had 36% of the Caf expecting a top 4 finish and only 6% expecting mid-table or worse (compared to 63% now).

Chipper

Adulterer.
Interesting takes from these spread betting markets, not just for us but how they Spurs recovering too. Of course these aren't necessarily based on the premise that Ole will be at the wheel for the duration. At the moment I think 7th, battling for 5th/6th and comfortably ahead of 8th would be a bit of a relief.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He's going to deliver the worst PL finish post-Fergie years, so worse than Moyes in 8th-9th.