Women's FAC R4 | United v City | Sat 25th Jan - 12:45

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Such a fecking shame conceding the 3rd goal. Only a few minutes left to get an equaliser.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
A frustrating match. I reckon we had more chances in the end than City but they scored theirs. A defensive error by McManus and a lapse by Earps contributing to their goals, which is bad but a reminder that we're not that far off the pace really.

Good work from James when she came on and to be honest another non-event of a match from Jane Ross, which is a shame as I'm sure she was expecting more from herself this season.

bdecuc

United maybe a little unfortunate there. A goal disallowed from a corner for a foul on the keeper which wouldn't always be given. Then a goal not given for a ball which could well have been over the line.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We did ok. Real shame about the disallowed goal and then conceding the this like that...

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
We didn't play our best and we made too many mistakes at the back. But the fact that we should've at least got a draw is a positive in itself. Smith was too tentative on the left, and Sigsworth didn't get enough chances to take on Stokes down the right. From where we sat it seemed like it clearly crossed the line, and I'm not sure why Zelem's goal was disallowed either. Groenen was great in closing down space, but didn't do too much with the ball. James was great when she came on, shame she didn't get more time out there.

Oh well, one big cup game down, another one coming up. Its gonna be tough against Chelsea, but what a moment it would be if we beat them and make it to the final.

Lightbringer

Good lord. I cant stand to think about this, absolutely furious about these disallowed goals still! Did you see Groenens interview after the game? She had tears in her eyes and was very upset :-(

You just want to give her a BIG BEAR HUG :-)

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Good lord. I cant stand to think about this, absolutely furious about these disallowed goals still! Did you see Groenens interview after the game? She had tears in her eyes and was very upset :-(

You just want to give her a BIG BEAR HUG :-)
It was a hard result to take in the end, but we did make a couple of defensive errors that got punished whereas we failed to capitalise on their mistakes. At the moment, I don't see any sign of Jane Ross becoming the kind of striker we need if we're going to chase the big three. That's not to say I'm blaming her in particular, just that I see the kind of leap we'll need to take. We do look a more dangerous team with Lauren James on the field, but I guess Casey feels she's too young for that starting role at times. Leah Galton's absence was noticeable as well.

That said, I agree with you on the ref. We never looked like getting any 50:50 calls against City, the default assumption seemed to be, "well City are the better team so it must have been ok." It's not the first time we've seen that this season. The big England players (like most of the City players) in particular seem to be immune to bookings for fouls and it's hard not to think that tight calls (like the ball that did/didn't cross the line) would have been a goal at the other end.