Women's team 22/23 Transfer rumours/updates

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Please post any updates you run into on incoming players here.

Please include a link to the article/report, or the source.

Speculation is fine, but it's nice to keep the source of the rumours or stories clear!

MUW4Eva

Please post any updates you run into on incoming players here.

Please include a link to the article/report, or the source.

Speculation is fine, but it's nice to keep the source of the rumours or stories clear!

It seems that Neville (no relation as far as I know) is being linked with us, as a possible replacement should Ona depart.

Personally I would prefer Le Tiss (thank god, no relation) over Neville, but I would guess there is no smoke without a tiny bit of fire, in regards to Neville.

Almost fun and games time I guess!

MUW4Eva

Not really a surprise - Karna Solskjaer moves to a new club at the end of the season.
Sad to see the break up of the double winners, but if her dad was or is moving back to Norway, you can understand why she would want to move back there herself.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff

It seems that Neville (no relation as far as I know) is being linked with us, as a possible replacement should Ona depart.

Personally I would prefer Le Tiss (thank god, no relation) over Neville, but I would guess there is no smoke without a tiny bit of fire, in regards to Neville.

Almost fun and games time I guess!
Yep. I think Ona is going - Barcelona is too good to miss for her.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Yep. I think Ona is going - Barcelona is too good to miss for her.
I agree on Ona and also think Groenen is going (insta surmising). Possibly Juventus for Jackie, she was linked to them before and there's a couple of recent social follows that may indicate it.

One thing with Ona is I'm thinking the club will try and get a player + money like they did with LJ. Barca have alot of young players on loan at other Spanish clubs that may make sense. I saw a suggestion of a loan player but I do not see the point of getting a player on loan for a year like that. Pointless imo.

MUW4Eva

I agree on Ona and also think Groenen is going (insta surmising). Possibly Juventus for Jackie, she was linked to them before and there's a couple of recent social follows that may indicate it.

One thing with Ona is I'm thinking the club will try and get a player + money like they did with LJ. Barca have alot of young players on loan at other Spanish clubs that may make sense. I saw a suggestion of a loan player but I do not see the point of getting a player on loan for a year like that. Pointless imo.
It would just be history repeating itself sadly, we lost Greenwood to at the time, the best club in the world, Lyon, now to see Ona leave for the next, best team in the world, Barcelona, would be really gutting.

We should be the team that players want to join, not a club that players see or view as a stepping stone to better clubs.
That is the frustrating element here.

As for Jackie, I hope that she doesn't leave us, there is no reason for us to not want to keep her, letting her leave would be a huge error.
Not sure that social media follows are all that important a role in suggesting where a player may end up personally.

In terms of any transfer for any player, unless it is Putellas for a year, then we should be pushing for a permanent player, as we did with Lauren James and Chelsea (hence how we got Blundell).

croadyman

It would just be history repeating itself sadly, we lost Greenwood to at the time, the best club in the world, Lyon, now to see Ona leave for the next, best team in the world, Barcelona, would be really gutting.

We should be the team that players want to join, not a club that players see or view as a stepping stone to better clubs.

As for Jackie, I hope that she doesn't leave us, there is no reason for us to not want to keep her, letting her leave would be a huge error.
Not sure that social media follows are all that important a role in suggesting where a player may end up personally.

In terms of any transfer for any player, unless it is Putellas for a year, then we should be pushing for a permanent player, as we did with Lauren James and Chelsea (hence how we got Blundell).
Yeah does feel we are being used as stepping stone by many players because no visible sign of improvement in last 2 seasons

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic

I'd go for Emma Ramirez. 19, on loan at RS this season and they've done great. Ouahabi is out of contract, and also she's very much the weak link at Barca these days.

MUW4Eva

Yeah does feel we are being used as stepping stone by many players because no visible sign of improvement in last 2 seasons
This is why this summer is vital, we should be using it to turn is from being a stepping stone club, into one that players actively want to join, yes there is no Champions League football to offer them, but if we were serious, we could tempt players financially.

I am not saying we should be starting an arms race financially speaking, but just pushing the boat out for a top class player, I don't see why we couldn't do that.

If we take a "business as usual" policy or approach to this summer, then we can expect to see a similar season play out next time round.
We need to be actively seeking to make improvements throughout, to up our standards, and to sign a higher calibre of player.
We need to make the top 3 look at us and be weary, rather than seeing us as easy points.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
https://theutdjournal.com/exclusive...en-progressing-in-talks-to-sign-lucia-garcia/

Can’t add links properly for some reason. Rumours that we are intereated in Lucia Garcia, a winger from Atletico. Interesting, if true.
Athletic not Atletico - Bilbao really don't approve of that :smirk:

The source of the rumours is sound. It may come to nothing, but I'm sure there have been discussions! The result might depend on Real Madrid though.

MUW4Eva

The source of the rumours is sound. It may come to nothing, but I'm sure there have been discussions! The result might depend on Real Madrid though.
With Karna departing us, and heaven only knows what Marc is going to do with Edwards, bringing in an extra attacking player is probably for the best, hopefully she can unlike Bruun, stay fit.

That is of course, if she signs, as you will get plenty of rumours now involving us no doubt.

Grande

Blush.

Next time I go to Euskal Herria, I’ll have to use an alias nickname.

We certainly need to broaden and improve in the delantero department. Wether we try to get Bruun permanently or not.

MUW4Eva

Blush.

Next time I go to Euskal Herria, I’ll have to use an alias nickname.

We certainly need to broaden and improve in the delantero department. Wether we try to get Bruun permanently or not.
We need someone who can (a) stay fit (unlike Bruun seemingly), and (b) can put real pressure on Russo, as realistically she is our only senior level striker.

Grande

We need someone who can (a) stay fit (unlike Bruun seemingly), and (b) can put real pressure on Russo, as realistically she is our only senior level striker.
Martha Thomas and Martha Edwards (hopefully) can play back up strikers, can’t they? It seems to me that to compete with the best, we need a top notch striker that Russo can challenge, not the other way around. While Ella Toone, Leah Galton and Kirsty Hanson can play wide forwards at a high level, our depth on the flanks do seem more lacking than centrally to me.

MUW4Eva

Martha Thomas and Martha Edwards (hopefully) can play back up strikers, can’t they? It seems to me that to compete with the best, we need a top notch striker that Russo can challenge, not the other way around. While Ella Toone, Leah Galton and Kirsty Hanson can play wide forwards at a high level, our depth on the flanks do seem more lacking than centrally to me.
Oh yeah, we definitely do need more depth out wide, that is something I nave been saying for a while.

We could do with making at least one true statement signing, that really makes the rest of the league sit up and take notice, including the top 3.
As previously, we have yet to do that.

Grande

Oh yeah, we definitely do need more depth out wide, that is something I nave been saying for a while.

We could do with making at least one true statement signing, that really makes the rest of the league sit up and take notice, including the top 3.
As previously, we have yet to do that.
I agree with you there. For me, Jackie Groenen was such a signing, with the level we were at then.

MUW4Eva

I agree with you there. For me, Jackie Groenen was such a signing, with the level we were at then.
I think Jackie turned herself into such with her semi final goal, if she hadn't of scored that (of which I am delighted for that she did!) would she have been such a high profile signing??

Hard to say for absolute sure.

But we need players (plural), that will make the teams that finished above us, sit up and take us seriously.
If we don't, then we will I think continue to be looked down on by them.

I want us to really rock the established order of things, for far, far, far, far, far, too long now, the top 3 has been the same teams, just a different order, I want to see us change that.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Looks like we aren't signing Bruun. I'm not sure whether to care or not - we never really saw her play - but I can't help but feel disappointed that she's leaving, especially as we're hearing very little from the club.

MUW4Eva

Looks like we aren't signing Bruun. I'm not sure whether to care or not - we never really saw her play - but I can't help but feel disappointed that she's leaving, especially as we're hearing very little from the club.

Meh, she was a failure, she had her chance to showcase her talents, and well she didn't grab it with both hands.

Spending 90% of her time injured, sure didn't send good vibes to Marc obviously.
Then the other 10% when she was available and played, she did square root of naff all.

She could do well elsewhere, but that is no reason for us to sign her, she had her chance, and she blew it.

We brought her in to get goals, and well 0 goals is a very poor return.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Meh, she was a failure, she had her chance to showcase her talents, and well she didn't grab it with both hands.

Spending 90% of her time injured, sure didn't send good vibes to Marc obviously.
Then the other 10% when she was available and played, she did square root of naff all.

She could do well elsewhere, but that is no reason for us to sign her, she had her chance, and she blew it.

We brought her in to get goals, and well 0 goals is a very poor return.
She arrived when she was still working on injury recovery - we knew that when we hired her. It was another acknowledgment that our budget/status isn't high enough to get top players unless we gamble on their injury record and recent form.

Can she play better than she did for us? Certainly. Will it happen next year with some other WSL team? Maybe. I'm not saying that we'll miss her or even that we can't do better, I'm just of the opinion that it's unproven.

If it wasn't for the other buzz (lack of) around the team - on contract renewals and new signings - I'd be less concerned.

As it stands, I really doubt that we'll go into next season with a better squad that we had this year. In fact I suspect that while other clubs are boosting their spending, we'll see ours stand still at best and probably decline in real terms. Given the segment of the player market that means we'll be looking at, I also reckon we'll find it hard to recruit outside the UK - the Brexit rules will hit us harder than the top clubs.

I fear the Daily Mail reporter who appeared on last night's transfer chat is right, the women's team is lost in the noise around the problems of the men's team. In particular that the playing budget won't see any improvement, and we're relying on things like getting a transfer fee for Ona to do any recruitment.

MUW4Eva

She arrived when she was still working on injury recovery - we knew that when we hired her. It was another acknowledgment that our budget/status isn't high enough to get top players unless we gamble on their injury record and recent form.

Can she play better than she did for us? Certainly. Will it happen next year with some other WSL team? Maybe. I'm not saying that we'll miss her or even that we can't do better, I'm just of the opinion that it's unproven.

If it wasn't for the other buzz (lack of) around the team - on contract renewals and new signings - I'd be less concerned.

As it stands, I really doubt that we'll go into next season with a better squad that we had this year. In fact I suspect that while other clubs are boosting their spending, we'll see ours stand still at best and probably decline in real terms. Given the segment of the player market that means we'll be looking at, I also reckon we'll find it hard to recruit outside the UK - the Brexit rules will hit us harder than the top clubs.

I fear the Daily Mail reporter who appeared on last night's transfer chat is right, the women's team is lost in the noise around the problems of the men's team. In particular that the playing budget won't see any improvement, and we're relying on things like getting a transfer fee for Ona to do any recruitment.
Well, it wouldn't exactly be harder for her to play or do any worse at any other club than she did with us, 0 goals, & more time out injured than on the pitch, isn't a good way in which as a striker to really ender yourself to the club, or make them really want to push the boat out to sign you is it?

She was a huge failure, a flop of the highest degree.
We wanted someone to do for us, what Blackstenius did for Arsenal, but alas that most definitely wasn't the case at all.

We will not miss her 0 goals next season, if we had of played Karna or Edwards instead of her last season, would either really have done any worse??
It was just a wasted move all round really.

Good luck to her at whatever she does next, wherever that might be, but she didn't do anything to convince us to bring her back at all.

As for the rest of your post, I am in agree with you, the lack of news or information is very frustrating/concerning.

It is like an information black hole, with regards to the women's team.
There really isn't anything coming out that we can grab hold onto, hence why anything that anyone with any small amount of credibility is grabbed holed onto.

There are soooo many issues within the team that need sorting out, and of course away from the pitch as well, but without any such knowledge of what is going on, if indeed anything actually is, then all we can do is speculate and play guessing games.

This is a hugely pivotal summer window, this summer, this window, will prove to us, just how serious the club is with regards to the women's team.

Right now, sadly, my hopes are not high at all....but hope as always, is the last thing to be extinguished...

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
There are heavy rumours today of 3 moves.

Ona to Barca (as expected tbh, just hope the deal thats been struck is a good one. I'm hoping it involves a player, maybe Gio or Ramirez)
Fuso to Levante. Disapointing as I'd much prefer to keep her. Think this will be a Salmon level mistake and we'll see her for Brazil in the next WWC.

But most disapointing is the signing of Rachel Williams for United.

For those who don't know she's 34, not a great goalscorer. Was at Birmingham with Skinner and has been at Spurs, who's main issue is scoring goals. If this signing goes through its such an indication of Skinners player ideas. I understood signing Moore, but Williams is a step to far.

I try and justify and understand every decision. But even with the Garcia reports the level of this signing is so much lower than whats required. City are getting Denya, thats a top young signing, Garcia is a good young signing but Williams just looks like a getting the gang back together one. I hate it.

MUW4Eva

Ona to Barca (as expected tbh, just hope the deal thats been struck is a good one. I'm hoping it involves a player, maybe Gio or Ramirez)
Fuso to Levante. Disapointing as I'd much prefer to keep her. Think this will be a Salmon level mistake and we'll see her for Brazil in the next WWC.

For those who don't know she's 34, not a great goalscorer. Was at Birmingham with Skinner and has been at Spurs, who's main issue is scoring goals. If this signing goes through its such an indication of Skinners player ideas. I understood signing Moore, but Williams is a step to far.

I try and justify and understand every decision. But even with the Garcia reports the level of this signing is so much lower than whats required. City are getting Denya, thats a top young signing, Garcia is a good young signing but Williams just looks like a getting the gang back together one. I hate it.
All rumours and links at this stage, nothing at all has been confirmed by anyone, so best to not belive anything until such things are confirmed.

The window always means all manner of people will link us with as many different names as possible.

At the moment Ona is still very much our player.

If Fuso leaves us, not sure she will be a miss,I mean apart from dancing on social media, what has she actually done for us??

I would prefer to see Edwards promoted, at least we know what she is capable of.

Fuso right now, is just a complete waste of a squad space and money, she offers us nothing.
She hasn't proven that she deserves to stay with us.

So, I wouldn't miss her if sheet.

If she does well elsewhere, then good luck to her, but she has done the square root of naff all for us.

As for Rachel Williams, I wouldn't agree with her signing, but we haven't signed her, do there isn't anything to get worked up over.

No one outside of the club knows what who we are signing are letting go etc, so not sure where all of this outrage is coming from.

Just because seemingly a few egotistical people on twitter are claiming to know, doesn't make it true.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff

It's hard to know what's really happening at United - we don't even know about the contract renewals yet. We certainly don't know about the biggest indicator of the lot - what's next year's budget?

We've got indications that United are putting no new money into the player budget. But this is a world where a sudden whim (or moment of insight as I prefer to call it!) from Arnold or Murtough could throw an extra £1m into the pot and that would make a huge difference to recruitment and retention.

I do think we've lost Ona and it's just a question of how good a deal we can get for her. I think Fuso will go, she needs playing time, if she doesn't leave then she'd need a loan move, which wouldn't make much sense for her or us.

If the Rachel Williams rumour is accurate then I do think it's bad news. That's not because I'm assuming she'd do badly (I've been surprised by signings before) - it would just confirm that we are looking on the bargains shelf.

The thing I was optimistic about when Marc Skinner came in was that he had a reputation as a developer of players. We really haven't seen that. There's been some improvement in our team play, but we haven't brought the young ones through. The only players who really look better are Batlle and Toone who were already established first teamers, and who've continued to grow (as was predictable from their ages and talent)

I know he's made comments about needing maturity and experience in the team. I'm still hoping that means the kind of player that could start at one of the big three. Fingers crossed he's got the budget to surprise me :D

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
No one outside of the club knows what who we are signing are letting go etc, so not sure where all of this outrage is coming from.
That's certainly true. But playing the guess the transfers and guess the budget game has been a "feature" of men's football for a long time. Our lack of knowledge doesn't hold anyone back there.

I'm too jaded and cynical to read the men's (incoming) transfer rumours these days. I'm also way past the stage of believing it matters if we get a particular player, when what really matters is getting the right blend.

For the women, we look weak at the back and will look weaker when (I think the CL final ensured it's a when not an if) Batlle leaves. I don't think we'll see a fully fit Mannion next season. I'm hoping that Millie Turner recovers fully this summer.

We lack precision and consistency up front. We also lack depth, if Russo is injured or misfiring we don't have options - we don't even have options to take the pressure off her so she isn't trying to do three jobs at once.

We don't have the midfield ability to control matches consistently (not even against lower table teams) and often pay a high price for errors and lack of concentration. Whether that's coaching and tactics or personnel I don't know.

Heath and Press weren't great successes overall - injuries etc got in their way - but they did show us what we were missing. Their drive and determination gave us a clue to what winning looks like. Which also gives me a bit of optimism that even one (fully fit and still in their prime!) player could do.

MUW4Eva

It's hard to know what's really happening at United - we don't even know about the contract renewals yet. We certainly don't know about the biggest indicator of the lot - what's next year's budget?

We've got indications that United are putting no new money into the player budget. But this is a world where a sudden whim (or moment of insight as I prefer to call it!) from Arnold or Murtough could throw an extra £1m into the pot and that would make a huge difference to recruitment and retention.

I do think we've lost Ona and it's just a question of how good a deal we can get for her. I think Fuso will go, she needs playing time, if she doesn't leave then she'd need a loan move, which wouldn't make much sense for her or us.

If the Rachel Williams rumour is accurate then I do think it's bad news. That's not because I'm assuming she'd do badly (I've been surprised by signings before) - it would just confirm that we are looking on the bargains shelf.

The thing I was optimistic about when Marc Skinner came in was that he had a reputation as a developer of players. We really haven't seen that. There's been some improvement in our team play, but we haven't brought the young ones through. The only players who really look better are Batlle and Toone who were already established first teamers, and who've continued to grow (as was predictable from their ages and talent)

I know he's made comments about needing maturity and experience in the team. I'm still hoping that means the kind of player that could start at one of the big three. Fingers crossed he's got the budget to surprise me :D
It is this black hole of information and a lack of communication from and by the club, which allows for rampant speculation to go way over the top.

You have people who have zero knowledge of what is happening at the club, passing themselves off as ITK's, which only goes to show the desperation in which the fans have for anything to do with what us happening.

The facts are this, a) the window isn't open yet, b) we have bought anyone, and c) we haven't sold or released anyone, as nothing has been officially confirmed as of yet, so seeing people (I am not specifically talking about you, just more in a general sense) getting worked up, without anything to actually get worked up about is somewhat very odd.

Personally, I would rather wait for confirmation from any club, then take anything that random people say on twitter as the gospel truth (again I am not targeting this at you, just speaking more in general terms here, so please don't think this is an attack on you, it really isn't).

MUW4Eva

That's certainly true. But playing the guess the transfers and guess the budget game has been a "feature" of men's football for a long time. Our lack of knowledge doesn't hold anyone back there.

I'm too jaded and cynical to read the men's (incoming) transfer rumours these days. I'm also way past the stage of believing it matters if we get a particular player, when what really matters is getting the right blend.

For the women, we look weak at the back and will look weaker when (I think the CL final ensured it's a when not an if) Batlle leaves. I don't think we'll see a fully fit Mannion next season. I'm hoping that Millie Turner recovers fully this summer.

We lack precision and consistency up front. We also lack depth, if Russo is injured or misfiring we don't have options - we don't even have options to take the pressure off her so she isn't trying to do three jobs at once.

We don't have the midfield ability to control matches consistently (not even against lower table teams) and often pay a high price for errors and lack of concentration. Whether that's coaching and tactics or personnel I don't know.

Heath and Press weren't great successes overall - injuries etc got in their way - but they did show us what we were missing. Their drive and determination gave us a clue to what winning looks like. Which also gives me a bit of optimism that even one (fully fit and still in their prime!) player could do.
We looked quite safe as houses when we had our first choice CB pairing playing last season (Millie & Mannion), and if you were to take out any other sides first choice CB's for a whole season, they would struggle.

Where would Arsenal be if they didn't have Williamson for a whole season, Bright at Chelsea for example??

So I think we didn't do top badly considering our issues there, 10 clean sheets by Mary, despite having a rotating cast in front of her is testament to that.
The most clean sheets out of any English qualified goalkeeper let's not forget.

Could we do with more depth there, certainly, especially as I think Caldwell's contract is expiring, and we don't know when Mannion is coming back, so that is two CB's we are doen on.

Blundell/Smith are good left sided full backs.

Ona is fantastic on the right side, no reason to find a replacement for her yet, as she is still our player.

This is all on the proviso, the the 12 players that could be leaving us this summer stay around of course, if they were to all leave, we would have to have one heck of a summer rebuild!

But in midfield, especially centrally, we are fine, Moore/Ladd as DM's.
Zelem/Risa as the more creative types, with Jackie in there as well.
Then we have Tooney & Staniforth to play that role just behind the forwards, both are good players at that role.

Where we are lacking is wide players, we only really have two, Galton for the left side, & Hanson for the right.
We definitely need far more depth there, as neither Thomas, nor Russo are wide players.

Speaking of those two players, with Brunn thankfully not coming back, to waste a place in our squad, we only really have Russo as our main or only good striker.

Thomas is average at best, with Fuso being a complete non entity.

So we definitely need to either promote and use Edwards, or bring in at least one, if not two more strikers of a good enough calibre.

So all in all, I would say we need, 2 CB's, 1 LW, 1 RW, & 2 Strikers this summer, so 6 players coming in, and again that is with keeping our squad as it is right now, if any players were to leave, then that total would have to be altered to accommodate and acknowledge those movements.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
All rumours and links at this stage, nothing at all has been confirmed by anyone, so best to not belive anything until such things are confirmed.

The window always means all manner of people will link us with as many different names as possible.

At the moment Ona is still very much our player.

If Fuso leaves us, not sure she will be a miss,I mean apart from dancing on social media, what has she actually done for us??

I would prefer to see Edwards promoted, at least we know what she is capable of.

Fuso right now, is just a complete waste of a squad space and money, she offers us nothing.
She hasn't proven that she deserves to stay with us.

So, I wouldn't miss her if sheet.

If she does well elsewhere, then good luck to her, but she has done the square root of naff all for us.

As for Rachel Williams, I wouldn't agree with her signing, but we haven't signed her, do there isn't anything to get worked up over.

Just because seemingly a few egotistical people on twitter are claiming to know, doesn't make it true.
Edwards is almost certainly going, there are reasons why that I've been made aware of, we'll see how she performs for her new club. Of the promoted players, it looks like max of 2/3 are staying. I'm hopeful Murphy is one as she's impressed me.

I'm not going to get into Fuso again. We heavily disagree with this and it's just repetition.

These rumours aren't from Twitter btw. But I guess rumours aren't something people are interested in so I'll not post in future.

MUW4Eva

Edwards is almost certainly going, there are reasons why that I've been made aware of, we'll see how she performs for her new club. Of the promoted players, it looks like max of 2/3 are staying. I'm hopeful Murphy is one as she's impressed me.

I'm not going to get into Fuso again. We heavily disagree with this and it's just repetition.

These rumours aren't from Twitter btw. But I guess rumours aren't something people are interested in so I'll not post in future.
Rumours are fun, just as long as people don't take them to heart.

So please continue posting them, nothing wrong with doing so, it is only the outrage based upon them, that I find odd.

What reasons are there for Edwards going?
Lack of game time being promised to her?

Fair enough on Russo, I just honestly don't see what she brings to the club, she spends more time prancing about on social media than actually playing for us, so not sure what anyone sees in her.

arthurka

Looks like this project will be Glazered as well. We do everything half assed these days.

MUW4Eva

Looks like this project will be Glazered as well. We do everything half assed these days.
Nothing has been announced or confirmed yet, so not sure what there is to get upset or worried about....

Once something does get confirmed, then we can judge it.

arthurka

Nothing has been announced or confirmed yet, so not sure what there is to get upset or worried about....

The proof is in the pudding, the past is normally a good indicator for the future.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I enjoy the rumours. I don't have the patience to hunt for them so it's great to have a few handed to us in here :smirk: Way back in our first season, when Casey Stoney was assembling the initial squad we did a few rounds of guessing, including using the who's following who on instagram detective work. A couple of posters did get very close to the finished squad or at least to the first 16.

I'm not sure what point you keep trying to make to other posters in the thead.

We all know the difference a rumour and a confirmed contract.

We're talking about snippets of information that people assemble into a story, some of it from journalists (some of which will be coming from people at the club who don't really know or can't actually say, some from agents/players/family with their own deals to make). Some of it comes from people trying to read between the lines on what players are doing on social media etc. Some of it really is the friend of a friend stuff.

We can obviously wait until we get the shirt numbers announcement at the end of the transfer window to react. However personally, I don't mind a few rounds of speculation while we're waiting for actual news.

MUW4Eva

I enjoy the rumours. I don't have the patience to hunt for them so it's great to have a few handed to us in here :smirk: Way back in our first season, when Casey Stoney was assembling the initial squad we did a few rounds of guessing, including using the who's following who on instagram detective work. A couple of posters did get very close to the finished squad or at least to the first 16.

I'm not sure what point you keep trying to make to other posters in the thead.

We all know the difference a rumour and a confirmed contract.

We're talking about snippets of information that people assemble into a story, some of it from journalists (some of which will be coming from people at the club who don't really know or can't actually say, some from agents/players/family with their own deals to make). Some of it comes from people trying to read between the lines on what players are doing on social media etc. Some of it really is the friend of a friend stuff.

We can obviously wait until we get the shirt numbers announcement at the end of the transfer window to react. However personally, I don't mind a few rounds of speculation while we're waiting for actual news.
I love the speculation, the rumours and the links, it is all fun and games, just that when people start to belive them, and take them as being genuine, that is where for me, and I fully admit that I might be in the very small minority here, that just comes across as odd.

I love the rumours themselves, let them run free with the wind so to speak, I say.

I hope that clarifies things a wee bit!

MUW4Eva

ona is leaving isn’t she ? Would be a great replacement, Bronze is quality but no chance she comes to us with her tie to city.
We got Mannion from City don't forget!

But it seems that Bronze is on her way to the NWSL, although with their schedule, the Euro's etc, she might actually play all that much for any team this season.

Ona is still here with us, nothing in terms of her leaving has been announced.