Film Wonder Woman 1984

Oldyella

Bringing back Chris Pine seems a weird step to take. I assume they didnt realise how popular he would be but it does take away from his sacrifice, and does he die again as hes gone by BvS?

DC have made a wise step to move away from the shared universe theme and do one off movies, trying to copy Marvel just was not helping them.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not sure if like trailer or just like New Order song.
:drool:

It's so weird to see Kristen Wiig there — you instantly get the feeling that it's not a genuine thing but a SNL parody.

GBBQ

Bringing back Chris Pine seems a weird step to take. I assume they didnt realise how popular he would be but it does take away from his sacrifice, and does he die again as hes gone by BvS?

DC have made a wise step to move away from the shared universe theme and do one off movies, trying to copy Marvel just was not helping them.
Its weird alright. Especially since he hasn't aged in the 40 years he's been away.

0le

Pointless bringing Pine's character back unless perhaps he is just a manifestation of Diana's conscience?

Minkaro

I wonder if there'll be something sinister behind Steve's return. Like it's not actually him?

Edit: I should have clicked to view the new post.

Sylar

Looking forward to this. Trailer looks good. It better have the WW music during the movie though, as that's badass

How is the guy alive? I assume I’ve missed something.
Will be explained in the movie

Drifter

American
Batman as The Joker, Superman as Lex Luther and Wonder Woman as Cheetah. She looks good, just hope they make her as formidable a villain as she is meant to be.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Can't wait for this, the first one was great.

I am a massive DC fan so will enjoy this regardless of how good a movie it actually is haha.

Sylar

They stand to lose money on this for sure.
If cinemas (cine world) are open around where I am, I might watch it on boxing Day or day after in cinema rather than a download

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They should've made up a new villian for Wonder Woman.

95% of the potential Wonder Woman film audience won't know that Cheetah is a long time nemesis and it looks really dumb.

Norris

So so so bad. That second half was an absolute tragedy for me.

el3mel

I have been hearing very mixed opinion on this ? Haven't watched it yet. A little bit of a shame if it's not that good considering that I really liked the first one and thought of it and Aquaman to be the best DCEU movies (Joker excluded as it's not part of it).

Ekeke

Some issues with it but its not bad. It just isnt as good as the first one and the aim should have been to improve

My issues :

1) Cheetah taking so long to actually become Cheetah that I wasnt sure she was actually going to be more than a woman with superpowers. I think its 2 hours before she makes her 2nd wish

2) Something seemed a bit off putting about the effects to make it look like Diana was outrunning cars. Dunno, but I didnt think it looked great

3) Way too much Max Lord and dont know why theres a redemption arc for him. He spends the majority of the film doing the same thing, granting wishes and then taking what he wants from people. After he did it like twice, we get it you dont have to keep showing it every few scenes. If there was going to be a redemption arc it should have been Diana's not a major villain in terms of her history

Half way through the movie or more I was feeling more dissappointed than by the end. The real Cheetah fight and bringing the theme back to Diana being a symbol of truth made me score it higher than I thought at that point. Some redeeming parts.

Overall I thought the first was around 7/10 and I'd go with 6.8/10 for this one

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Finished it not long ago and thought it was pretty garbage. outside of the opening “hey look, it’s the 80’s!” gags, the time period was largely forgotten. The movie could have taken place in any time period and been just the same.

The plot was very meh. Felt like hallmark was doing superhero movies. The action was dull, the threat was very low. At no point did I feel Wonder Woman was in any danger. The villains motivation was a little shit if Im honest.

The “men of the 80s were all assholes” really started to grate after a while. The 80s were of course notorious for poor attitudes towards women. But at one point Kirsten Wiig can’t go a few feet with out being sexually harassed. It was kinda comical, which would have been fine had it not taken such a dark turn a moment later. So if you hadnt been around for the 80s, you might be left wondering if this was a joke about the men of the 80s with their shitty pick up lines and inability to take rejection or if the streets really were littered with potential rapists.

Gadot does the same job shes done before. If you liked in the other movies, youll continue to like her here. If you didnt, well theres nothing thats going to change your mind. She does the best with what shes got to work with, but she was never going to save the preachy dialog no matter how much she tried.

Steve Trevor feels tacked on and really pointless. Without spoiling it its hard to say why, but really you could have taken him out the movie and all you would have really lost was the fish out of water 80s gags.
WW needs to make a choice, and at no point do you feel shes not going to make it in how it needs to be(because continuity is a thing). Theres no crisis of conscience. Theres zero "will she/wont she?" going on. She hums and haws, but it just feels like window dressing a brick wall. Theres just nothing more to see. Its at this point I have to wonder why Patty Jenkins is considered such a great director. Because she did a terrible job building up the relationship WW has with Steve, and making us feel the pain of the choice she has to make. Its a light 80s romcom moment and thats about it.

Max Lord(played by everyones favourite mandalorian) could have been an interesting character, but his motivation was left to the last act of the movie. Up to that point you just think hes a bit of a dick typical of 80s materialism(and theres more than a little overlap in personality with a certain douchbag who lost the election). But there is of course more to it. Not much more, and nothing that really drives the final act. And certainly nothing that links to the big feel good finale.

Kisten Wiig gets a catwoman like transformation to do here, but its poor compared to Michelle Pfeiffer in batman returns. Not the fault of Wiig, but of the screen play and direction. For a 2 and a half hour movie there was more than enough space to show the transformation of Wiig from low key geek to blood thirsty maniac. Instead shes left just looking a little petty rather than a broken woman corrupted by power and desperate not to loose it.

All in all, it was rubbish. Wonder woman is a great character and she deserves a much better movie than this.

FYI stick around for the mid point credits. Theres a mid credit scene that some may find interesting.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The first one was average at best, but this was was just appalling. Laughably bad. Gal Gadot is the most wooden actor working today. The plot was dull. No real peril for the protagonist. The side characters are basically caricatures of cliched 80s stereotypes. Gadot consistently looks like she’s on her first acting job, on every movie she’s in. She surely got this part because she’s exceptionally pretty. I don’t see what else she brings to the role. I can’t believe they couldn’t find someone better. It’s hard to watch.

By half way through this I was reading stuff on the internet.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The first one was average at best, but this was was just appalling. Laughably bad. Gal Gadot is the most wooden actor working today. The plot was dull. No real peril for the protagonist. The side characters are basically caricatures of cliched 80s stereotypes. Gadot consistently looks like she’s on her first acting job, on every movie she’s in. She surely got this part because she’s exceptionally pretty. I don’t see what else she brings to the role. I can’t believe they couldn’t find someone better. It’s hard to watch.

On point about Gadot - even though I like her, she’s just a very average actress. Her beauty gives her a free pass almost.

I’ve always associated Gal Godot with wood...

Didn’t pay much attention to the first one, won’t be rushing to see this.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I have been hearing very mixed opinion on this ? Haven't watched it yet. A little bit of a shame if it's not that good considering that I really liked the first one and thought of it and Aquaman to be the best DCEU movies (Joker excluded as it's not part of it).
Aquaman was atrocious.

mu4c_20le

So so so bad. That second half was an absolute tragedy for me.
Like most of you I fell asleep halfway. The setup was decent, Pedro Pascal had an interesting character, but then it just drags on and on.

Norris

Like most of you I fell asleep halfway. The setup was decent, Pedro Pascal had an interesting character, but then it just drags on and on.
Yeah. Pascal's character really did feel a caricature. I was pretty much laughing at some points when he was on screen. The fight scenes were pretty good, but then again the scene where WW runs as fast as a car was really weird.
Cheetah could have been easily more fleshed out, giving her a true proper identity, but instead they chose to spend that time flying an invisible plain through the sky, fighting petty criminals amongst other things.
What disappointed me more was that I watched the first Wonder Woman just before this and I really had some heightened expectations. Those pretty much came crashing down.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought the first one was a solid film. However, this is rubbish. Really disappointed as I was hoping DC/WB would be outputting consistently good films by now.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Excruciatingly boring movie. Suffers from all of the same flaws as even Marvel super hero movies do but it is not even fun. No plot advancement done in terms of WW character. Such a bizarre move to make. I can see one character being recurring but otherwise no effort made to introduce sone key characters who can play key role in future WW movies or DCEU. Birds of prey was miles more entertaining than this.