Woodward, Glazers....

GiddyUp

Ed must have the thickest skin ever. People say he’s an egomaniac and cares about how he’s perceived but given the millions of people slating him on a daily basis, and he continues to piss all over the club, thus inflaming people’s hatred move-you would think he doesn’t give a shit what people think
He definitely gives a shit. That's why he hired that fecking muppet Neil Ashton.

Water Melon

Interesting. £65m profit required each year. It is in times like this we will suffer the most in comparison to non debt ridden clubs. Even more so than the £1bn they've taken out of the club so far.

We should be in a position to strike and.imporve ahead of our rivals. We have the highest turnover. But unfortunately we are held back by Glazer debt once again.

Depressing.
Conviently the same amount (£140m) That the Glazers took out of the credit this summer.

Glazers must fecking think the rest of the world is thick.
Unfortunately, this.

GiddyUp

I've been trawling comments sections the last week on anything United and I think our Keefy is the only United supporter anywhere that defends the Glazers or Woodward.

ChorltonReds

Its not profit its EBITDA which in the last set of accounts stood at £185.4m.

Signing Sancho wouldn't affect EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest Tax Depreciation Amortisation) affect that in anyway.
The report does refer to the rolling 12 month EBITDA and suggests the target figure is in danger of being missed towards the back end of this season. If the separate reports of how much covid is costing the club are correct, then this ties in with the latest figure you quoted wouldn't it?

DanClancy

The report does refer to the rolling 12 month EBITDA and suggests the target figure is in danger of being missed towards the back end of this season. If the separate reports of how much covid is costing the club are correct, then this ties in with the latest figure you quoted wouldn't it?
If no fans return for the whole of this season there's the danger of them going close to that figure but even then if EBITDA is less than £65m signing Sancho still has little or no affect on, its only his wages that will be accounted for in that figure not the transfer fee.

Russky14

If no fans return for the whole of this season there's the danger of them going close to that figure but even then if EBITDA is less than £65m signing Sancho still has little or no affect on, its only his wages that will be accounted for in that figure not the transfer fee.
The 65m covenant is one thing cash is another. So on the former the last Q3 reports states " covenant tested for each 12 month testing period. We are able to claim certain dispensations from complying with the consolidated EBITDA floor up to twice (in non-consecutive financial years) during the life of the secured term loan facility if we fail to qualify for the first round group stages (or its equivalent from time to time) of the UEFA Champions League".

The testing period is quarterly, so Q4 could be interesting. Other question have they used any of the two lives since the load commenced?

Back to cash

Just had a look at the Q3 accounts and as cash is king I have extracted a few salient lines

for the 9 months to 31 March 2020 2019

Cash generated from operations 15.9 112.1
Payments for intangible assets * (211.7) (159.8)
Proceeds from sale of intangible assets 25.2 37.9

Net decrease in cash and cash equivalents(1) ( 223.3) (51.6)

So we can see here we are still paying out either in full or instalments for prior transfers & the line below shows money in (pap). Overall a net decrease in cash pf £224m. Put that against the first line & we can see cash generated is severely down compared to the same period last year.

I am guessing but Q4 will surely look ugly, but again that is dependent on how the cash comes in. There is a line in the accounts that states Q4 see's the realisation on revenues & hence margins. However, cash & recognising profit are two different things viz a vie timing.

Hey ho we are still £600m in debt and I am sure the there will be cash for the dividend & consultancy payments.

Reactions: golden_blunder

jackal&hyde

Premier League clubs don't seem to be to fussed about the financial situation and are spending some good sums. Some of the stand outs in terms of net spent (EUROS).
Villa 82 mil
Chelsea 174 mil
Everton 42 mil
Leeds 68 mil
Liverpool 72 mil
City 44 (I don't trust their numbers)
Newcastle 39 mil
Spurs 82 mil

United is at 39 mil. If we sign Telles but sell Smalling and maybe one other, we could be looking at one of the biggest feck you the Glazers ever gave the fans and the management in a critical time of development.

DanClancy

The 65m covenant is one thing cash is another. So on the former the last Q3 reports states " covenant tested for each 12 month testing period. We are able to claim certain dispensations from complying with the consolidated EBITDA floor up to twice (in non-consecutive financial years) during the life of the secured term loan facility if we fail to qualify for the first round group stages (or its equivalent from time to time) of the UEFA Champions League".

The testing period is quarterly, so Q4 could be interesting. Other question have they used any of the two lives since the load commenced?

Back to cash

Just had a look at the Q3 accounts and as cash is king I have extracted a few salient lines

for the 9 months to 31 March 2020 2019

Cash generated from operations 15.9 112.1
Payments for intangible assets * (211.7) (159.8)
Proceeds from sale of intangible assets 25.2 37.9

Net decrease in cash and cash equivalents(1) ( 223.3) (51.6)

So we can see here we are still paying out either in full or instalments for prior transfers & the line below shows money in (pap). Overall a net decrease in cash pf £224m. Put that against the first line & we can see cash generated is severely down compared to the same period last year.

I am guessing but Q4 will surely look ugly, but again that is dependent on how the cash comes in. There is a line in the accounts that states Q4 see's the realisation on revenues & hence margins. However, cash & recognising profit are two different things viz a vie timing.

Hey ho we are still £600m in debt and I am sure the there will be cash for the dividend & consultancy payments.
Results will be out inside the week I assume so we'll get a better picture of the cash position, when was the deadline for season ticket renewals?

If before June 30th along with the extra £140m borrowed then it won't look too bad.

Russky14

Premier League clubs don't seem to be to fussed about the financial situation and are spending some good sums. Some of the stand outs in terms of net spent (EUROS).
Villa 82 mil
Chelsea 174 mil
Everton 42 mil
Leeds 68 mil
Liverpool 72 mil
Newcastle 39 mil
Spurs 82 mil

United is at 39 mil. If we sign Telles but sell Smalling and maybe one other, we could be looking at one of the biggest feck you the Glazers ever gave the fans and the management in a critical time of development.
Totally agree. Complete pish by our hierarchy. Hopefully Q4 nos are horrific leading to the Adams family selling some more shares as they are short of a few bob.

K_Ash

so far which player have we missed on?
Glazers paid for England n#1 CB
Glazers paid for England n#1 young defensive RB
Glazers paid for Bruno
Years ago, they even paid for the best young all-around midfielder in the world...
Until the last day of the window, we won't know the outcome of Sancho.
Which player have we missed on? I don't want to hear Thiago as it was 100% clear from the moment his name got back to the spotlight again that he was headed to 'pool

Mac Asimov

Glazers paid for Bruno
Years ago, they even paid for the best young all-around midfielder in the world...
Which player have we missed on? I don't want to hear Thiago as it was 100% clear from the moment his name got back to the spotlight again that he was headed to 'pool
It isn't glazers money that has been spent. They haven't put any of their own money into the club, whilst at the same time blood sucking obscene amounts from the club into their own pockets.

They will leech on the club until it stops been profitable. And after that who knows.

ChorltonReds

Glazers paid for Bruno
The players we have missed out on have spanned 15 years e.g when we didn't replace Ronaldo; when Fergie came out with the no value in the market etc; we should have been smashing city out of the park to sign the likes of Silva, Toure and Aguero (rather than crying no value in the market) and thereby ensuring we didn't fall so far behind over the past 10 years and suddenly end up with a squad not good enough to challenge. The underinvestment for the decade post 2005 is what killed us and left us playing catch up with a dysfunctional squad and transfer strategy.

DanClancy

So United won't be releasing their accounts until mid October, they always released them around late September.

Their playing some sort of game by moving the date which is probably transfer related.

OverratedOpinion

I looked at Messi a little harshly over the last couple of months, what I think he showed though is how a top club should react when they drift anywhere near mediocrity. I feel like we have been beaten down.

GiddyUp

The players we have missed out on have spanned 15 years e.g when we didn't replace Ronaldo; when Fergie came out with the no value in the market etc; we should have been smashing city out of the park to sign the likes of Silva, Toure and Aguero (rather than crying no value in the market) and thereby ensuring we didn't fall so far behind over the past 10 years and suddenly end up with a squad not good enough to challenge. The underinvestment for the decade post 2005 is what killed us and left us playing catch up with a dysfunctional squad and transfer strategy.
I have a sneaky suspicion that city pulled a few accounting tricks to pay those players far more than we could've at the time. You are right though, SAF left a poor squad and even one of those players would've made a massive difference for us over the last few years.

clarkydaz

Villa 82 mil
Chelsea 174 mil
Everton 42 mil
Leeds 68 mil
Liverpool 72 mil
Newcastle 39 mil
Spurs 82 mil

wow, just wow

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Villa 82 mil
Chelsea 174 mil
Everton 42 mil
Leeds 68 mil
Liverpool 72 mil
Newcastle 39 mil
Spurs 82 mil

To be fair. None of the clubs have the net spend more than 100m so far this summer with Chelsea as exceptional since they got 150m from selling Hazard, Morata and Luiz.

Fluctuation0161

Exactly this. It goes back much further than people like to think.

oz insomniac

Such a difficult exercise to sign players as shown by Woodward and Judge, as Chelsea sign Declan Rice and continue to Strengthen their team. An exercise in futility when the dynamic duo is involved, being led by Uncle Joel doesn’t help anything.

Really a pathetic time for a once great club led by inefficient knobheads.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Getting outplayed by small team again. Fecking leeches. Ed / Glazer out!!

dabeast

Last night's game will long be remembered and the coach will be blamed for us being outplayed tactically, individual players will be blamed for making mistakes and where the opposition were coached and played very well (they did). It will be seen as a great opportunity lost after having won the first two games in the Group of Death, with a squad that looks like it could, given the right circumstances and luck, go a long way in the CL.

However, it is worth trying the thought experiment of looking at last night from the end of the summer transfer window at the beginning of October this year. Would we, with the squad at the end of that transfer window that petered out in the EL semi-finals last year and was going to be drawn in the CL's Group of Death, have given ourselves a chance of competing with 2 of last year's CL semi-finalists? Probably not. We do have some players who sparkle because of potential, but a 33 year-old striker, a backup CM (neither of whom started in this game) and an LB from Porto in the last 6 months of his contract is simply not enough to transform last year's team to give us a good chance in the CL. And this is what too few of us fans will remember in the post-mortem of one of the most disappointing matches I have been unlucky enough to witness.

Club football is, at the end, about squads. Ajax can get to the CL semi-finals and Leicester can even win the PL as a one-off but the reason why we aspire to win the PL and CL is because we are amongst the clubs who spend the most on our squads. RB Leipzig didn't exist when we last won the CL but Red Bull has pumped in enough money to buy the coach and squad that, frankly, made their counterparts at our club look ordinary last night. The truth is that we needed to upgrade our squad (and maybe our coach) after we qualified for the CL but just did not.

Ask yourself a simple question - if we had bought Sancho, a quick CB and a CDM in the window, would we have gone out at the CL group stage? I don't think so and for that we must not lose the forest for the trees - while the Glazers control our beloved club, we will NEVER return to the sporting heights that we aspire to.

#GlazersOut

croadyman

Last night's game will long be remembered and the coach will be blamed for us being outplayed tactically, individual players will be blamed for making mistakes and where the opposition were coached and played very well (they did). It will be seen as a great opportunity lost after having won the first two games in the Group of Death, with a squad that looks like it could, given the right circumstances and luck, go a long way in the CL.

However, it is worth trying the thought experiment of looking at last night from the end of the summer transfer window at the beginning of October this year. Would we, with the squad at the end of that transfer window that petered out in the EL semi-finals last year and was going to be drawn in the CL's Group of Death, have given ourselves a chance of competing with 2 of last year's CL semi-finalists? Probably not. We do have some players who sparkle because of potential, but a 33 year-old striker, a backup CM (neither of whom started in this game) and an LB from Porto in the last 6 months of his contract is simply not enough to transform last year's team to give us a good chance in the CL. And this is what too few of us fans will remember in the post-mortem of one of the most disappointing matches I have been unlucky enough to witness.

Club football is, at the end, about squads. Ajax can get to the CL semi-finals and Leicester can even win the PL as a one-off but the reason why we aspire to win the PL and CL is because we are amongst the clubs who spend the most on our squads. RB Leipzig didn't exist when we last won the CL but Red Bull has pumped in enough money to buy the coach and squad that, frankly, made their counterparts at our club look ordinary last night. The truth is that we needed to upgrade our squad (and maybe our coach) after we qualified for the CL but just did not.

Ask yourself a simple question - if we had bought Sancho, a quick CB and a CDM in the window, would we have gone out at the CL group stage? I don't think so and for that we must not lose the forest for the trees - while the Glazers control our beloved club, we will NEVER return to the sporting heights that we aspire to.

#GlazersOut
Yeah sadly COVID put an end to our hopes of signing those three positions,however Ole should be performing better and it's time we brought this experiment to an end

RedDevil@84

Yeah sadly COVID put an end to our hopes of signing those three positions,however Ole should be performing better and it's time we brought this experiment to an end
And bring a shiny new toy and set him up to fail. Unless of course one would term success as "do better than what Ole is doing"

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I guess this is as good a thread as any;

We need to start smoothing the wage bill badly. I was looking at Sportrac (who knows if they are completely accurate) and comparing them to the Transfermarkt value (and my own opinion on value) and the amount of gaudy wage/value ratio in this team is scary. There are loads of players earning an insane wage for what usefulness squad status they have. I think if Woodward/Glazers actually cared about on field performance (they don't) they would start smoothing the wage bill, start trimming out the amount of overpaid wages that they are starting to give players every year. It is going to explode soon, especially with Pogbageddon that is looming.

I think this would also help in the negotiation process and with building a more complete functioning squad. Start offering wages that players should be growing into and playing upwards toward. If players don't want to accept it bin to complete feck and get outta here then. Start actually signing from the buckets below "Star" level and start growing and making some stars organically within the club. The club has the pedigree to do something like that.

However it is Ed and the Glazers so none of this is going to happen, keep dry bumming as much cash out of the club as possible will be around I think for a while yet. Especially with the pandemic uncertainty throwing a spanner into the mix.

croadyman

And bring a shiny new toy and set him up to fail. Unless of course one would term success as "do better than what Ole is doing"
I will be blunt and say Ole isn't the right man and will only ever be of a caretaker level,however agree there needs to be serious changes over his head. Unfortunately that won't be happening so can only hope we do the next best thing and get a new manager

wolvored

Im not a Glazer fan nor am I for sticking with a brilliant player, who just doesnt cut it as a top level manager.
I wonder why we have the 2nd biggest spend over the last 7 years yet a squad who struggles to consistantly manage the bare minimum of top 4. Is it the manager or the board/owners who buy some of these players I wonder. This season VDB, Telles, Cavani, Pellestri all came in and ones never played, the other 3 are reluctantly played by the manager. Thats an awful lot of money and wages for bench players, when we already have bench players galore. Mourinho couldnt shift Martial because the owner liked him. WTF is that all about?
I look at City and the way they have been run over the last decade. They are light years in front of us. Chelsea are much better run as well and over the last 2-3 seasons Liverpool have caught up and passed us by.
You then look at 'lesser' clubs who play a better brand of football than us on a much lower proportion of money spent.
The money spent over the last 7 years for the trophies won is criminal. The commercial side likes to brag 'biggest club in the world'. Biggest at what? fecking up a regular title winning team to a team who scrambles around for scraps off the big boys table. Letting the playing staff slowly drift from half a dozen WC players and some very good ones to the occasional one every now and then. Letting the stadium fall to rack and ruin. Giving a novice manager the job and then letting him have novice coaches at this level. Mind you they allowed Moyes to do just that as well.
We will keep blundering around until the money from the commercial side starts dropping as the kids and foreign fans will start supporting other teams who are winning regularly. Lets hope (although I dont hold my breath) that sooner rather than later the penny drops and the Glazers will do something about bringing the football side up to the biggest club in the world status as well.

Ronaldo's Love Child

#GlazersOut
Yes but we DID beat PSG and we DID beat RB Leipzig. The reason we are out of the CL is because we lost to a crappy team in Istanbul.No matter how bad our squad may be it is still good enough to win comfortably against Istanbul.

Furthermore............the goals we conceded that night looked like school kids kicking around on the park.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Seriously with every continued failure of the club more pressure needs to be applied to these. Look at what Celtic fans are doing in Glasgow, you can't get within one hundred metres of Celtic Park as they have had to put barriers up to dispel demonstrations! Honestly these bloodsuckers making decisions at Man Utd have had it too easy up to now! Nothing is changing until they are gone, greedy Trump supporting scum that they are. Forget about the manager, forget about the coaching, forget about mouthy agents or disinterested superstars...