Woodward, Glazers....

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Chelsea, Spurs, City, Liverpool are all looking really strong.

United are falling from the pack again, the Glazers really are not good owners.

I have no problems with Ed Woodward, he is the guy who gets the flack a lot of the time, but he has done his side commercially better than anyone in football.

Awful owners, what have they actually done for us since they came in other than put us in debt?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We need to target the Glazers, nothing is changing otherwise. They need to be hounded out of the club. #WoodwardOut tweets will change nothing. The US based supporters should be all over this, but I think they like the Glazers.

Strelok

I have no problems with Ed Woodward, he is the guy who gets the flack a lot of the time, but he has done his side commercially better than anyone in football.
Problem is he also runs our football side. And he's clearly clueless af on this.

However if I blame him one, 1000 would go to those scumbag parasites cnuts. For taking silly money out of the club and let that clone running free as long he can give them money.

gorky_utd

That's where I disagree and is somehow interpreted as support, they are not intelligent and they are definitely incompetent.

Why? Because United already spend the money to be in the top 5 of European football, that's where our annual budgets on football activities are, by being better the club would generate more money mainly through CL TV rights and prize money, so they are currently leaving money on the table even though the club is currently spending the money that should generate these revenues. You would have a point if we needed to spend more in order to be better or if it was going to impact their dividends but we don't and it won't. The fact that they are seemingly happy wasting money is a sign of stupidity and neglicence not intelligence, if they were intelligent the club would have reduced its expenditures a long time ago because EL clubs don't have budgets between 550m£-600m£ or tried very hard to optimize current spendings.
I am curious to ask you a question. Do you think without Glazers Utd could have spent even more money on the transfer market? I am not talking about Saudis just a simple owner who wouldn't take anything out of the club as well as wouldn't invest anything from his pocket.

TrueRed79

Good one that. He's the guy that has handed out all those juicy contracts to average players. Who have we managed to get rid of yet? Nobody bar Sanchez who had left last season. We have signed one player and our season starts in two days.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Honestly Devilish, you are speaking a bunch of nonsense. United is a publicly traded company, the price is decided from the market (the value of stocks that are getting sold every day in stock exchange). Glazers might do a closed sale (outside of stock exchange) but if that happens it will be over the market price, not under it.

Currently, the market has decided that United has that value. Not Glazers, but the people who are buying and selling United’s stocks.
Curiously looks like our share price was at it's highest in Aug 2018. What happened then....?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I am curious to ask you a question. Do you think without Glazers Utd could have spent even more money on the transfer market? I am not talking about Saudis just a simple owner who wouldn't take anything out of the club as well as wouldn't invest anything from his pocket.
I don't know, it depends entirely on the owner and his ability to efficiently exploit commercial opportunities. The previous PLC were stingy, with a strict wage structure and limited transfer spendings, they were also not very good at developing the club commercially and they were taking the same proportion of dividends. It also depends on how good/bad they would be in terms of sport management because prize and TV rights are a big part of clubs revenues, you need to be good on the field in order to generate big bucks in particular around 2010 when football economy really boomed. So if we are talking about a competent owner, who isn't a kneejerk and is commercially savvy, then yes United could have spent a lot more.

Now the best option I believe would have been the socios model, the club is owned by hundred of thousands of fans and the president/board elected but that ship has sailed at least 40 years ago when the club's value was low enough to allow the average/slightly above average joe to essentially give up thousands of pounds instead of currently hundreds of thousands or millions.

DRM

7 years of ineptitude, disastrous decisions and wastefulness. In 7 short years the legacy that sir Alex Ferguson spent 20 odd years building has gone!! A mediocre club challenging for top 4. feck off.

The one constant in all of this?? Woodward...he really needs to go and he can take the glazers with him. But we all know they won't simply walk away. We as United fans need to stand up and do something

lsd

The Oracle
Being reluctant to spend 120 million on one player really brings out how spoilt and entitled some United fans really are .

How many more of these woe are we threads will there be ?

Zlatanator

This whole window has just made me sad. Our rivals are spending to fill the gaps while we are inept in procuring our targets. A RW is our prime target and we landed VDB first. I don't understand our transfer strategy at all. One thing I observed from the past windows is that the club keeps us starving for the whole window and then make a signing to settle us for something.

Reactions: Sultan

Coops73

Being reluctant to spend 120 million on one player really brings out how spoilt and entitled some United fans really are .

There’ll be plenty till the Glazers are gone but while there are apologists and sympathisers it’ll be a long time coming.

romufc

You do realise its not just because of Sancho?

This has nothing to do with spoilt and entitles when its the clubs fault?
1. Say we can take advantage of the market
2. Dont rubbish the Sancho rumours and keep flirting with signing him.

Imagine if a parent said to the kids, we are rich we can buy you anything we want, then you show them the latest car saying we could get this car, say a lamborghini and every time there is links to getting the car etc.. then when it comes to it your friends are all getting a Mercedes / Audi etc... but you end up getting a 10 year old Nissan Micra on finance.

If we cannot afford Sancho, go get other players dont just think you can get him. That is naive form the clubs point of view.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

I mean, I appreciate the first point on one signing. This is true, we should not be as exasperated with the club reluctance to pay the €120 million for Sancho.

However, it is becoming increasingly evident that the Glazers are a big f*cking problem and have little to no ambition in seeing the club return to challenging for trophies. The club is now a top four challenger and this is an issue, something needs to change.

RkkMan

Woodward has completely backed himself into a corner. All or most of the players we could have used the Sancho money on are off to other teams or not for sale. Bale and Reguilon off to Spurs, Thiago off to Liverpool, Coman and Dembele are not for sale, we rejected Costa and there is no strong interest in Telles/Perisic. If he doesn`t get Sancho there is simply no hiding from any heavy negativity he`ll be facing for years any chance he had of redeeming himself will go and even a spending spree next year when we once again finish outside the top 4 won`t be enough to remove any negative stigma already on him

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So we finished 3rd barely on 66 points, Liverpool win the league, we finished 33 points behind them... and then see half of the league and every single one of the remaining big 6 clubs outspend us and strengthen more than we have in the summer. Seriously, what the feck?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Liverpool winning the league after so many years should have been the wake up call, they just don't care and have absolutely no connection to the fans and what we expect from the club. I know not everyone has a divine right to win the PL, but for god's sake show a bit of intent.

RkkMan

So then why not look at alternatives or other players available for cheap fees who could improve the team instead of constantly holding your dick in your hands all summer? If from the start Sancho was completely unaffordable he should have looked for other RWs and other players in other positions but instead he`s let some of these players join other teams(Thiago, Bale, Reguilon) whilst performing stupid mental aesthetics through the media on this Sancho saga while all our other rivals are strengthening and if you are happy with this you are in no position for criticizing other fans who RIGHTLY want more from the team

TrueRed79

Way to let everything bad about the Glazer ownership fly straight over your head with that whooper of a post.

gorky_utd

Imagine if a parent said to the kids, we are rich we can buy you anything we want, then you show them the latest car saying we could get this car, say a lamborghini and every time there is links to getting the car etc.. then when it comes to it your friends are all getting a Mercedes / Audi etc... but you end up getting a 10 year old Nissan Micra on finance.

If we cannot afford Sancho, go get other players dont just think you can get him. That is naive form the clubs point of view.
Exactly. Woodward could have easily said spending 120m this summer on one player is impossible and moved on to other targets. Cheaper alternatives like Perisic could have been bought easily while improving other areas. Instead what we see is that he neither bids for Sancho nor he addresses other areas. Is the club even trying to offload deadwoods like Lingard or they are happy to keep them just to avoid spending money on new signings? We hear about interest in Reguilon and then the excuse of a buy back clause which stopped the deal. In this case you expect the club to quickly move on to someone like Telles but so far nothing has happened. Why we were interested in Bale if we are signing Sancho? All the rival teams have strengthened while we have only bought VDB who I hope is not a future replacement of Pogba.

GoldanoGraham

Is don’t understand why Woody and the Glazers portray themselves the same way every transfer window - I mean, surely they know the reaction of the fan base - yet they still continue to allow themselves to look like incompetent clowns - I’m sure the truth is much different behind the scenes so why would you allow everyone to deride you so much as utter twats time and time again?

I mean, can’t be nice for them knowing that their actions (or lack of) just fan the flames of the anti glazer movement......think they are just lucky at the moment that there are no fans in the stadiums.....

Ronaldo's Love Child

Exactly. Most United fans are astute enough to know that over a 100 million for Sancho is very expensive-in any market! We're not sulking because we haven't signed him. We are frustrated because the club have not secured alternatives for that position. Other "lesser" teams seems perfectly capable of adding depth and quality to their squad.

DomesticTadpole

So then why not look at alternatives or other players available for cheap fees who could improve the team instead of constantly holding your dick in your hands all summer? If from the start Sancho was completely unaffordable he should have looked for other RWs and other players in other positions but instead he`s let some of these players join other teams(Thiago, Bale, Reguilon) whilst performing stupid mental aesthetics through the media on this Sancho saga while all our other rivals are strengthening and if you are happy with this you are in no position for criticizing other fans who RIGHTLY want more from the team
Every now and again United will make what you could call a statement signing. A 'We are Manchester United' signing. Think this was supposed to be this years. Unfortunately for them Dortmund have vastly over priced Sancho and unfortunately have not folded and given in like our negotiating team expected. There is a misplaced arrogance about us sometimes.

Green Arrow

Nothing is going to change with this lot in charge. It's the samething every summer, they had a chance to close the gap but no just dithering.
We've become a top 4 club now nothing will change will change until they are gone.
My prediction is we'll struggle again this season finish 5th/6th then next summer buy a few players get top 4 for the following seasonthen won't buy anyone or one player again then rinse and repeat.

crossy1686

career ending
Liverpool winning the league after so many years should have been the wake up call, they just don't care and have absolutely no connection to the fans and what we expect from the club. I know not everyone has a divine right to win the PL, but for god's sake show a bit of intent.
I think this is harsh and unfounded. Not wanting their business/sports team they own to be successful does not sound like something anyone would want. It's incredibly frustrating that they are deciding now to tighten purse strings when we've got a manager who deserves to be sported for once and has shown promise.

I still think we'll get at least one more deal over the line this window but I would prefer us to blow our cash this window and not go into January hoping for a world class player to come available and save our season (if we find ourselves floundering that is)

romufc

Exactly. Most United fans are astute enough to know that over a 100 million for Sancho is very expensive-in any market! We're not sulking because we haven't signed him. We are frustrated because the club have not secured alternatives for that position. Other "lesser" teams seems perfectly capable of adding depth and quality to their squad.
The reason why most fans are on the Sancho hype is because the club have briefed various mdeia sources he is our top priority, which in my eyes means we can afford him? If we can't, we should not entertain it.

Example - When Messi situation happened, there was no links to him because we know we couldn't afford him.

Anyway, if we can't pay it we should have moved on from him a long time ago.

RkkMan

Every now and again United will make what you could call a statement signing. A 'We are Manchester United' signing. Think this was supposed to be this years. Unfortunately for them Dortmund have vastly over priced Sancho and unfortunately have not folded and given in like our negotiating team expected. There is a misplaced arrogance about us sometimes.
Stop switching lanes and making this purely about Sancho. The problem is not them feeling Sancho is overpriced during a pandemic the problem is them not looking at alternatives from the word go or "bargain" buys in the market as other ways of improving the team. We needed a starting CB, LB, DM and RW not one of those positions has been addressed when a player like Upamecano was available for 50m before signing a new deal, Reguilon available at 25m, Thiago available at 27m, Bale available on loan our reluctance to improve our first 11 with other players is leaving us going into the season unprepared like 2018 and the last outcome was we went to 6th from 2nd as it stands something similar will happen especially with ALL our rivals strengthening.
Utd are now in a position where no Sancho makes the window an absolute failure and another manager being thrown under the bus after getting CL ONCE AGAIN and these "statement signings" are pointless when the only time we make them are in a position of catch up than taking the team to the level of winning trophies soon enough none of these top players will want to join Utd and the ones already here(Pogba) will start leaving one by one

DomesticTadpole

Stop switching lanes and making this purely about Sancho. The problem is not them feeling Sancho is overpriced during a pandemic the problem is them not looking at alternatives from the word go or "bargain" buys in the market as other ways of improving the team. We needed a starting CB, LB, DM and RW not one of those positions has been addressed when a player like Upamecano was available for 50m before signing a new deal, Reguilon available at 25m, Thiago available at 27m, Bale available on loan our reluctance to improve our first 11 with other players is leaving us going into the season unprepared like 2018 and the last outcome was we went to 6th from 2nd as it stands something similar will happen especially with ALL our rivals strengthening.
Utd are now in a position where no Sancho makes the window an absolute failure and another manager being thrown under the bus after getting CL ONCE AGAIN and these "statement signings" are pointless when the only time we make them are in a position of catch up than taking the team to the level of winning trophies soon enough none of these top players will want to join Utd and the ones already here(Pogba) will start leaving one by one
I do agree so don't get annoyed with me. I agree and have said several times that they should have had several alternatives. Ones we actually need, not ones to disrupt other clubs transfer business. That is another thing they seem to enjoy doing. Sticking it to another club while neglecting the needs of the actual club they are paid to represent.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Thought we’d have a disappointing summer, but never thought we’d only have one in and only Sanchez out by the middle of Sep.

Fluctuation0161

7 years of failure for Woodward. 15 years of being straddled with Glazer debt.

The target seems to be top 4 for the board. Yet you think this is just about one player. Look into the history of the club.

Rolaholic

Pretty evident that those leeches are more than fine with being a rich man's Arsenal and nothing more. Really have a hard time seeing us getting back into the true elite, as in winning and challenging for top honors on the pitch annually, under our current management. No football people anywhere to be found making the big important decisions, just empty suits fine with the bare minimum as long as the money continues to roll in.

It's a depressing reality

OleBoiii

It's weird how they seemingly step on the break the moment things are looking mildly promising.

I'm not his biggest fan, but it's odd how Mourinho was given peanuts in the transfer market after he broke 80 points and got us 2nd place.

Loon

:lol:
I'm inclined to think OT would have been redeveloped by now and we'd have had a far better structure at the club had the leeches not been allowed to steal it with money they never had.

Be nice if they spent some Glazer money, the money they've siphoned out of the club over the years, rather than United money.

soralapio

Yes, good shout, that man. Truly a £120m player is the only way to improve this United squad and the only problem this summer. It would be impossible to find players who would do better than Pereira or Lingard, or a winger who could do a job and allow Daniel James to develop while not having to play 90 minutes every game.

The problem is and has always been that United's squad is fecking shite. The first 11 could do with a player or two, but beyond that it's fecking DIRE as hell. We saw last season that Ole rightfully doesn't trust the players on his bench, so the first 11 have to play 90 minutes every game (or close enough to it), which leaves them ragged and injured in very short order. Failing to strengthen the squad is criminally negligent, and it is 100% on Woodward and the Glazers.

Rolaholic

I'm inclined to think OT would have been redeveloped by now and we'd have had a far better structure at the club had the leeches not been allowed to steal it with money they never had.

Be nice if they spent some Glazer money, the money they've siphoned out of the club over the years, rather than United money.
They'd never spend their own money, like every other top clubs ownership, as the club is primarily an asset that they use to do other things. Everything they do is geared towards leveraging their ownership of the club for gains in other avenues

Loon

:lol:
They'd never spend their own money, like every other clubs ownership, as the club is primarily an asset that they use to do other things. Everything they do is geared towards leveraging their ownership of the club for gains in other avenues
Of course, it was merely an expression of my wishful thinking. They're even baulking at using United money this time.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The number of posters who don't remember, or know about, the protests that went on between 2005 and 2010 always surprises me. There was a big, hugely publicised, campaign over a number of years and it came to nothing.

Next time someone is about to criticise match-goers for their inaction, you might be better off reading into this first.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Of course, it was merely an expression of my wishful thinking. They're even baulking at using United money this time.
Which money are you talking about? As of March 31st 2020 United paid 211m for intangible assets during the last 9 months, in 2019 at the same date the figure was 160m. In terms of cash and cash equivalents United had 193m at the same time in 2019 while the club had 90m in 2020. Now the question is how much the pandemic affected our short term finances?