Woodward, Glazers....

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Leveraged buy outs are common enough within business.

It's certainly not illegal.

You do realize the current debt is 400m approx?

Where exactly do you think 400m is going to come for god sake? Then you want probably another 200m spent on players annually. To point out something you likely don't know the owners cleared the worst of the debt tranches in 2011 I think it was and in turn our spending improved there after dramatically on player investment.

Again, where exactly does this total of 600m come from? Is there a magical money tree hidden somewhere at Carrington or OT that you know of?

It went to crap again cause of Brexit and now Covid, are we blaming the owners on that too now?

And no they aren't the only owners taking dividends for god sake.
The Glazers are billionaires. They have billions of dollars. “Magic money tree” feck me.

Keefy18

Exactly my point; the debt has put the club in a tricky position where we're having to pick and choose. We either pay off large chunks of the Glazer debt at the expense of squad/stadium improvements, or we choose to ignore the debt in order to invest in the squad, however we're basically kicking the can down the road by choosing to ignore the debt. In addition, I don't think the club would be comfortable in undertaking a large redevelopment of OT when we're in so much debt, so OT becomes more dated.

The debt on its own isn't much of a problem, however when you factor in what our rivals are doing e.g. Liverpool, then we are declining relative to other clubs. Liverpool are successful on the pitch, improving Anfield and are building a brand new training ground. They're rapidly closing in our revenues/profits and have very little debt to service/clear. We have tonnes of debt to service/clear, in addition, owners pocketing remaining profits rather than using the money to clear 'their' debt.

Regarding the cost of the Glazer ownership; to quote the Swiss Ramble "in last 10 years they spent an extraordinary £838m on financing: £488m interest, £251m debt repayments & £99m dividends. Took out £140m loan since year-end". Of course all owners want a return, but is there anything else quite comparable to this in world football, dividends and all?
Well there aren't too many examples of clubs our size being bought out either is there?

We get the auld gem of our buyout of 800m being compared to City's of 300m... just a minor 500m approx variation there but hey lets peddle this rubbish as a comparison, not you...but that's often used as an argument of how brilliantly they are ran and how terribly we are. Still, City's owners see fit to raise 300m in club sales and only putting the minimum back in return (60m)...

Our valuation is now in the region of about 3b I believe, so we would need a new owner to cough that up.

Then invest in OT at great expense (see Spurs and Arsenal's debt for example of numbers were talking about, so probably another 500m I'd estimate).

Then folks want annual investments of probably around the 150m mark at a rough estimate again. We spent 100m last summer and it was sh*t on and not good enough cause we didn't also cough up for Bruno at the same time for another 50m roughly...

The demands are completely unrealistic and no club would meet them, unless were talking about Saudi ownership and turning a blind eye to human rights violations that make Hitler and Stalin angelic in comparison.

Keefy18

The Glazers are billionaires. They have billions of dollars. “Magic money tree” feck me.
Aye and the club has put in billions in player investment and facility improvements in recent years.

They also have obligations to their other owned teams and I see the minute they finally sign a player of worth state side (Tom Brady) it gets thrown into the equation here :lol:

Dec9003

Aye and the club has put in billions in player investment and facility improvements in recent years.

They also have obligations to their other owned teams and I see the minute they finally sign a player of worth state side (Tom Brady) it gets thrown into the equation here :lol:
The parasite Glazers haven’t invested anything, they’ve taken from the club, they’re a leech on the club. By all means keep tasting the boot it’s really clever. Give Avram and Joel’s feet a little kiss.

UnitedFan93

Well there aren't too many examples of clubs our size being bought out either is there?

We get the auld gem of our buyout of 800m being compared to City's of 300m... just a minor 500m approx variation there but hey lets peddle this rubbish as a comparison, not you...but that's often used as an argument of how brilliantly they are ran and how terribly we are. Still, City's owners see fit to raise 300m in club sales and only putting the minimum back in return (60m)...

Our valuation is now in the region of about 3b I believe, so we would need a new owner to cough that up.

Then invest in OT at great expense (see Spurs and Arsenal's debt for example of numbers were talking about, so probably another 500m I'd estimate).

Then folks want annual investments of probably around the 150m mark at a rough estimate again. We spent 100m last summer and it was sh*t on and not good enough cause we didn't also cough up for Bruno at the same time for another 50m roughly...

The demands are completely unrealistic
and no club would meet them, unless were talking about Saudi ownership and turning a blind eye to human rights violations that make Hitler and Stalin angelic in comparison.
The demands will continue to be unrealistic if the Glazers continue to take money out the club rather than reinvest. Never mind continue to let idiots (Woodward/Judge) waste transfer money away after years of failure.

If money is now tight (post dividend payments!), how about the Glazers sell 10% of the club and reinvest £300 million into an OT redevelopment? It could be done but it won't.

Keefy18

The parasite Glazers haven’t invested anything, they’ve taken from the club, they’re a leech on the club. By all means keep tasting the boot it’s really clever. Give Avram and Joel’s feet a little kiss.
Well they matter of fact, have.

Upon the initial purchase they invested. They cleared the worst debt tranches also in 2011.

They could chose to not invest the 1b that's been given towards player investment you do know?

Keefy18

The demands will continue to be unrealistic if the Glazers continue to take money out the club rather than reinvest. Never mind continue to let idiots (Woodward/Judge) waste transfer money away after years of failure.

If money is now tight (post dividend payments!), how about the Glazers sell 10% of the club and reinvest £300 million into an OT redevelopment? It could be done but it won't.
Sad reality is, its their club.

The 1b we've spent on player investment alone could of been kept by them. That's the cold harsh reality of it.

They could sell shares alright, but there doesn't seem to be any realistic investor to my knowledge.

BlueHaze

Sad reality is, its their club.

The 1b we've spent on player investment alone could of been kept by them. That's the cold harsh reality of it.

They could sell shares alright, but there doesn't seem to be any realistic investor to my knowledge.
Feckin hell keefy, in your 2 years of posting here this is the best thing you've ever said, finally admitting it's sad these leeches are our owners, bravo sir.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Not sure incompetent is the word. I think they just pre-establish how much they're going to pay whether the price is realistic or not, with their evaluation ultimately not taking too many football related criteria into account, and walk away regardless of how these failed signings hurt the club's chances to be successful
Have you warched us in the past 8 years? It is obvious that we are bloody incompetwnt when it comes to transfers
Until this day we dobt have a proper setup in place. It is shocking really

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Do you realize if the Glazers didn't take that £1bn out we could have spent £1.5 - 2bn instead?

We sold Ronaldo for £80m and paid out almost the same in debts, interest and dividends for the Glazers in the same year. Do you realize how crazy it sounds?

And what do you mean about that 1:1? We're the single club in the world that the owners took out as much money as we spent on players?
Nevermind, fans like him dont get it. The club will be run down. The Glazers only care about their profit hence they dont invest their own money nor do they want a proper transfer setup nor support the manager over a long time period.
Fans are happy to see a legend as manager and win the odd game I guess

Dec9003

@Keefy18 not worth engaging with, some people just have a weird infatuation with defending billionaires.
Everybody knows about the money the Glazers have taken from the club. The billion in transfers means nothing when they let a businessman run the football club whilst they remain a financial leech.

Keefy18

Feckin hell keefy, in your 2 years of posting here this is the best thing you've ever said, finally admitting it's sad these leeches are our owners, bravo sir.
Gas thing is, I've never said I like them.

If there's an honest to god realistic alternative that doesn't involve horrific human rights violations attached to them by all means lets give it a shot.

I'm realistic and honest and I know its not popular what I'm saying but that's the situation were in.

Keefy18

@Keefy18 not worth engaging with, some people just have a weird infatuation with defending billionaires.
Everybody knows about the money the Glazers have taken from the club. The billion in transfers means nothing when they let a businessman run the football club whilst they remain a financial leech.
I've not denied they've taken from the club. They have.

Problem is, its folks like you and most that are replying to me that conveniently ignore the fact there has been 1b worth of player investment also. Why ignore it?

The board have by an large supported all the managers with considerable sums given to player investment.

How the player then performs is on the player and manager.

How the feck is it Avram Glazers issue how Eric Bailly performs or any other player bought?

If were going down that route then, why not praise Woodward for Bruno's performances?

There's 2 sides to every argument you see.

There is no knight in shining armor to come save us so stop bitching about debt on the club cause we made 2 Champions league finals with the same debt on our shoulders and like I pointed out Spurs too have huge debt as well and still made a final only last summer.

The debt is completely irrelevant to how we or any club perform on the pitch.

BlueHaze

Gas thing is, I've never said I like them.

If there's an honest to god realistic alternative that doesn't involve horrific human rights violations attached to by all means lets give it a shot.

I'm realistic and honest and I know its not popular what I'm saying but that's the situation were in.
Agree with you on that one, sadly doesn't seem to be many alternatives out there and we all know if the glazers were to sell they would demand a fee beyond our imagination so the truth is we're stuck with them for a long time I'm afraid.

UDontMessWith24

Have you warched us in the past 8 years? It is obvious that we are bloody incompetwnt when it comes to transfers
Until this day we dobt have a proper setup in place. It is shocking really
Of course you’re right but what I question is what the ownership is actually trying to achieve.

Keefy18

Agree with you on that one, sadly doesn't seem to be many alternatives out there and we all know if the glazers were to sell they would demand a fee beyond our imagination so the truth is we're stuck with them for a long time I'm afraid.
Exactly so its a waste of energy to constantly piss, moan and bit*h about something that quite clearly isn't changing.

As I pointed out whilst the debt isn't ideal it isn't the making or breaking of this club, we've invested heavily on poor recruitment with poor management and that is what has hurt the club more.

Giggsy13

The only way to rid the club of the Glazers is bankruptcy and relegation. If supporters are prepared to swallow that bitter pill in order to cleanse the club of the Glazer mess then that’s what is going to have to happen.

Unfortunately the glazers will protect their investment and obligation to the lenders and stakeholders by withholding investment and failing to spend, which is what we’re seeing now. They’re businessmen at the end of the day.

Dec9003

To parrot on about the money spent on transfers isn’t to live in the real world. It would cost the glazers more money to have not spent a penny of the clubs earnings on transfers than to have, simply because people would stop putting their money into the club; that includes certain idiots who will blindly back them. If the fans completely turned on the club, then they don’t have any money to leech out every season.
They do just enough to have people blindly defend them and act like the problem is the transfers themselves, ignoring they put the businessman in charge of major football decisions at the club.

Strelok

The only way to rid the club of the Glazers is bankruptcy and relegation. If supporters are prepared to swallow that bitter pill in order to cleanse the club of the Glazer mess then that’s what is going to have to happen.

Unfortunately the glazers will protect their investment and obligation to the lenders and stakeholders by withholding investment and failing to spend, which is what we’re seeing now. They’re businessmen at the end of the day.
Sadly agreed. But they'd never let that happen.

If they fail to sign a decent RW this summer I won't buy a new shirt this year. It's nothing but at least I'll feel better. I can't stop watching Utd though, sadly.

Suedesi

“Both Donny and Bruno are players we had been tracking for some time and their signings reflect out long-term approach to blending high-quality recruits with homegrown talent to develop a squad capable of winning trophies playing attacking, entertaining football.”
This is an amazing quote! Absolutely astonishing.

The only reason we signed VDB is because RM pulled out from the deal due to COVID. And for all the brave talk about Bruno, Spurs had a free run at the player last summer. We only got the players because other clubs couldn't quite push those deals over the line - despite all the tracking Ed did.

Bojan11

Hope the cnuts are watching. Always the case when we get champions league. Relax up and ease.

Fluctuation0161

At this point it is effectively sabotage by the board.

The squad needed strengthening, we all knew it and there has been very little rest after last season. We need reinforcements.

PoTMS

I want to do bad things to the Glazers and Woodward. Then I remember it's just a game and I really have become apathetic to this crap.

Fluctuation0161

I'm more getting at supports singing for one managers name, getting him, he fails and then deciding rather than blame the manager for failing blame something else...the board.

The greater percentage of our supporter base wanted Jose.

We're getting a long term plan now with Ole and folks are still unhappy.
You keep blaming the fans if you like, who have no influence on strategic decisions at the club.

I'll blame Woodward, the board and owners. The trend is so obvious, history repeating time and time again. Mistake after mistake. Their target is top 4 and it shows.

Marcus

I hope your investment tanks and you lose lots of money. Congratulations.

Fluctuation0161

Do you realize if the Glazers didn't take that £1bn out we could have spent £1.5 - 2bn instead?

We sold Ronaldo for £80m and paid out almost the same in debts, interest and dividends for the Glazers in the same year. Do you realize how crazy it sounds?

And what do you mean about that 1:1? We're the single club in the world that the owners took out as much money as we spent on players?
Exactly.

Godfather

Slowly but surely done with this club as long as they are here. Hired a manager that hase no idea how to handle a top club on the back of his playing career to appease some fans and let the club hang dry every second season. Our football is dire for years. Even unwatchable at times. Nothing is done.

M Bison

Supports
York City
We should be beating that Palace side regardless, today's disaster nothing to do with Glazers/Woodward. Rubbish performance, players and management at faulty.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's painful. Like being stuck in an abusive marriage. I would do anything to get rid of these cnuts.

Fluctuation0161

We should be beating that Palace side regardless, today's disaster nothing to do with Glazers/Woodward. Rubbish performance, players and management at faulty.
The squad is threadbare. We have a decent starting 11 and that's it. Last season they had to play almost every game. Then after a couple of week break you expect them to be back firing on all cylinders? We desperately need more players good enough to cover for the starting 11. That is on the board.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Do is it make you feel better abusing a person you don't know cause the team lost?

Here's a novel idea, grow the f up!
It obviously makes you feel better defending those cnuts — you’ve been doing it for years now.

Giggsy13

Would the glazers and Woodward apologists please stand up. Where are the “we spend money!” and “they’re competent” brigade.