Woodward, Glazers....

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We should be beating that Palace side regardless, today's disaster nothing to do with Glazers/Woodward. Rubbish performance, players and management at faulty.
Stop overeating our dead out club. Our team is rubbish because of a couple players that we need to replace immediately. We need a cb, left back and winger.

TrustInOle

Should never have been allowed to buy the club in the first place. People can argue over money out in and out, but the sad truth it, they have literally no idea how to run a football club. 1bn spent means nothing when for the last 5 years we haven't had a plan in place and keep hoping that a manager will come along that can handle everything Sir Alex did.

Don't get me started on the stadium!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
You were happy to defend them a few years ago, you championed their work in the commercial department; That said department has seen revenue stagnate for the last 4 years.
Well said - well remembered. Spot on. Have a follow.

Josep Dowling

Momentum is really important in football as season after season the owners and board just halt it. Their judgement on the transfer window has backfired yet again causing negativity around the club. This goes onto the pitch. Even if we get Sancho now it means nothing, the damage is done. It will take months for his to bed in with no pre-season training. Season after season it’s the same thing. The Glazers, Woodward and Judge have always been the issue and need removing. We will never achieve anything whilst they’re in charge.

Tincanalley

Things are going to have to come to a head sooner or later, how much longer can us fans sit back and watch these shower of bastards destroy this great club? I know there’s been protests in the past that have came to nothing but something has to be done or these leeches will eventually run the club into the ground.
Agreed - have a follow

Tincanalley

Should never have been allowed to buy the club in the first place. People can argue over money out in and out, but the sad truth it, they have literally no idea how to run a football club. 1bn spent means nothing when for the last 5 years we haven't had a plan in place and keep hoping that a manager will come along that can handle everything Sir Alex did.

Agreed - have a follow

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
Momentum is really important in football as season after season the owners and board just halt it. Their judgement on the transfer window has backfired yet again causing negativity around the club. This goes onto the pitch. Even if we get Sancho now it means nothing, the damage is done. It will take months for his to bed in with no pre-season training. Season after season it’s the same thing. The Glazers, Woodward and Judge have always been the issue and need removing. We will never achieve anything whilst they’re in charge.
this is exactly what i said in the match day thread, any positive energy at the end of a season is quickly killed by the lethargic nature our board work through the summer and then the damage is done.

Tincanalley

Possibly, but there was no indication that this was going to happy. We essentially had no commercial department under them, and it was essentially Nike + vodafone.

Need also to be reminded, that the two main owners (who had gotten almost control of the club, and to reach that were needing less than extra 10% of stocks) were pushing hard for SAF to be fired (for reasons not related to football). That would have sucked and set us back for a few years.

I also think that Glazers copied more the Bayern model rather than Barca + Madrid, but a bit more international. And then got copied by virtually every club in England.

I don't think that Ravelstone was defending them. More like he wasn't falling into the hysteria and 'oh my God, we are not able to sign players cause of debt' or the nonsense that 'we only spend when we don't qualify for UCL'. He is also one of the very few people here who actually read the financial sheets of the club and doesn't get his information based on badly written tweets.

Not necessarily easy, but yes, if you are great in the pitch, it is easier to sell a football product. This is why we are richer than Liverpool and co., simply cause when EPL went international, we were the top team. Another 10 years like the last two, and we swap roles also in revenue.
Good lord, are you an actual Glazer?

Fluctuation0161

Totally agree with your momentum point. The players see the media just like the fans. We see that in the Spurs documentary. I'm sure our squad are the same. The board kills momentum every time we achieve top 4.

Drainy

The Rock of Gibraltar, the horse whose spunk changed the fortunes of the most famous club in England.

Tincanalley

How about a #GlazersOut day. The GlazersOut movement seems confined to social media and hashtags and needs more heft.

we could publicize this day and on that day people could disengage from the Glazers revenue streams (ManUtd social media, MUTV, shirt sales, etc). If coordinated on one day these would show up as a blip in the world’s consciousness and the and we could then repeat it.

I vote for Oct 6 2020 as the first GlazersOut day.
Twitter is the medium for this

newgiz

I was optimistic at the end of last season and hoped that we would make the right additions to take this team to the next step where we could compete for titles.

However, once again we have been let down by the owners.I understand that this is a business for them,however I fail to understand why they haven't recognized the fact that by investing in players through transfers and competing for titles, the value of the club can only go higher.

We are still along with Real and Barca the most globally recognized club, and yet the continued failure in competing for titles over the last few years is only going to be detrimental in the value of the club, both from a sporting perspective and also from a value perspective.

I have supported this club for more than 20 years now and I have never felt this low. Yes we have had tough times over the last few years after SAF left, but even during those times there was always some bit of hope with investments made in players (albeit poorly) that things would come together eventually.

But now with the Glazers refusal to invest, especially considering the work that Ole had done last season, I am exasperated and left wondering if I will ever see us lift the PL title again.

Just so depressing and painful.

Nitewolf

I mean if they weren't making a profit from the club they wouldn't be doing it.

City owners sold 300m worth of shares without putting the bare minimum back into the club since (Ake at 40m approx and Torres 20m)... where is the remaining 230m? That's right in their pockets.

Where are all these broke, hard up club owners you speak of that are out of pocket?

They aren't doing this to keep supporters happy, its all profit driven ultimately.
What do you mean they didn't put the money back? You don't understand business don't you? They didn't take anything out of the club! The value of the club remains the same.

They didn't make any profit for God's sake, they own the club, they inject direct cash into it, and they are the sponsors too. Do you think Etihad Airways just happens to pay them a hefty fee for sponsorship? Abu Dhabi Group and Co had pored more than 2 billion pounds in the club in the last 15 years.

Why don't you review some data instead of just writing what you think is true.

The facts remains the same.
Before the Glazers took over, the club has zero debt, was already one of the highest valued club in world football, a money generating machine, we’re breaking the transfer record almost every season. Then the Glazers came, debt started, we've been paying more than 850 millions pound in the last 15 years and the debt is still more than 450 millions. They Glazers didn't put a single dime in the process, and they fail miserably in managing the football side of the game too.

Last edited:

M Bison

Supports
York City
The squad is threadbare. We have a decent starting 11 and that's it. Last season they had to play almost every game. Then after a couple of week break you expect them to be back firing on all cylinders? We desperately need more players good enough to cover for the starting 11. That is on the board.
In my view, we have more than enough to beat Palace at home and on paper, our team today was/is far superior to theirs.

It’s convenient to blame the Galzers etc after today’s result, but the blame should lie with the players and coaches after that shambles.

AneRu

On point.

Womp

idiot
Arsenal look much better due to incomings, Everton are looking much better due to incomings, Spurs will be much better due to incomings, Liverpool have strengthened heavily and have made the gap even wider, City have shored up their defence which is their only weak spot. The less said about Chelsea, the better. We are the only 'competitive' team that has done feck all to address any issues we actually have except for a backup for Bruno. This club is finished, we are never winning a major trophy with these owners in charge and if this summer hasn't woken everyone up to this board's intention, I don't know what will

We wasted the whole summer pursuing a player we never had any intention of paying the fee for, so we could use it as justification for not spending anymore money. It just hurts cause you love the club. Might just need to take a little break from the sport

Fluctuation0161

In my view, we have more than enough to beat Palace at home and on paper, our team today was/is far superior to theirs.

It’s convenient to blame the Galzers etc after today’s result, but the blame should lie with the players and coaches after that shambles.
Actually it is inconvenient to blame the Glazers/Woodward because the reality is, history will repeat itself, they will blame the manager, then bring in a new one. The king is dead, long live the King. Meanwhile they continue to invest until we get top 4 then tighten the purse strings.

Every time we finish top 4 the reduced investment stops our momentum. The starting 11 we do have are shattered and there is not adequate backup for any position without a significant drop in quality.

oz insomniac

Just woke up to this not unexpected result after the transfer window of Woodward/Judge paying lip service to the shopping centre owners. I am off to a grand final of junior rugby league for some entertainment, no doubt my 2 nemesis will tell us all that it’s down to some financial gobbledegook, there should be ramifications and the board and executive changed as it would in most clubs.

All we hear is crickets as the band plays while the ship sinks, thank the Glazers and Teflon Ed for this unbelievable situation for the worlds biggest club, support isn’t guaranteed going forward in the current youth oriented social media world where failure is regarded as death.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Absolutely pathetic. All the optimism from July has been sucked out by the glazers and their puppet man. Two whole months to look at bringing in reinforcements and here we are, with 2 weeks to go still looking for an rw, lb and a cb. Clubs like Villa and Everton show more ambition in the same covid market with fewer sponsorship deals. No coincidence that Woodward had to make a statement about covid just when fan frustration seemed to be getting out of hand.
Happy with the vdb signing but it's shambolic how the rw doesn't get addressed for years. Either pay up or move onto other targets. Did we go in thinking that Dortmund will reduce what they're asking for sure and there's no need to have a plan B? Bragging that we signed Bruno in jan? He was signed 6 months late and this idiot finds a way to make it seem like some sort of an achievement.
Adult Disneyland sales pitches to 40 year old men, claiming that we can sign anyone for any amount, paying more for a player than what the initial valuation was. This cnut must be getting laughed out of all transfer meetings with other clubs. At this point, I'm convinced that we could hire Carlos tevez as the DOF and he'd do less damage than Woodward.

Verminator

I know people don't like net spend, but I think it is a fairer way to judge things, and by my reckoning, pre VDB, Ole has spent 100m. I say pre VDB because he hasn't had a chance to make an impact yet.
So, he took over a woeful team, and has only had 100m net to get them to 3rd, and these parasites aren't going to back him to keep up, nevermind push on?

That tells you all you need to know, about their ambition.
Scraping a champions league spot is maximising income vs outlay.

We are the new Arsenal, and it hurts.

hungrywing

Interesting take. Never thought of it like that before.

What makes you think that?
Eh, long-time experience in similar circles. You get to see the type. A hell of a lot. The "kids-actually-own-the-stuff-but-have-the-steward-manage-and-sign-off-on-everything" arrangement. Also am American and picked things up about the Glazers through social osmosis. Avram was 'CEO' of a dying company (and put there by his dad to practice, nonetheless); Bryan Glazer went to law school, but to a school that you just nod politiely when you hear its name - if you even recognize it - in the topmost circles (And if you do recognize it, you do so because it's a joke school, as in "If you don't study hard, ________ is the only law school you'll get into"). Things like that. Little signs that the kids are nowhere near as capable as the father. None of the kids ever built/acheieved anything like their father did. Papa Glazer is the only one who ever built/did anything successful, whatever one may think of his mores.

Anyway, obviously he'll (Woodward) defer to them on some things and it may even be that they've grown out of their father's shadow a bit (the 'Martial is our Pele' thing for example). And obviously they can technically fire him, and have "final sign off" on things.

It's also kind of common sense. King wants to buy a castle. Heirs are nowhere near as savvy as the king. Literally everyone in the land says no we can't help you buy that castle. One vizier says, there is a way; helps buy the king the castle. King dies. Vizier tells the heirs: don't worry, I'll keep us within a certain bandwidth. Kids are mostly going to defer to that vizier when it comes to the nuts and bolts of operations. Most people will have seen a similar arrangement in a movie or TV show or book, or even real life.

Point is just that Woodward isn't their "puppet". And going forward, it may be useful for the fanbase to understand the nuances. It's much more complex and dynamic than that.

Verminator

Eh, long-time experience in similar circles. You get to see the type. A hell of a lot. The "kids-actually-own-the-stuff-but-have-the-steward-manage-and-sign-off-on-everything" arrangement. Also am American and picked things up about the Glazers through social osmosis. Avram was 'CEO' of a dying company (and put there by his dad to practice, nonetheless); Bryan Glazer went to law school, but to a school that you just nod politiely when you hear its name - if you even recognize it - in the topmost circles (And if you do recognize it, you do so because it's a joke school, as in "If you don't study hard, ________ is the only law school you'll get into"). Things like that. Little signs that the kids are nowhere near as capable as the father. None of the kids ever built/acheieved anything like their father did. Papa Glazer is the only one who ever built/did anything successful, whatever one may think of his mores.

Anyway, obviously he'll (Woodward) defer to them on some things and it may even be that they've grown out of their father's shadow a bit (the 'Martial is our Pele' thing for example). And obviously they can technically fire him, and have "final sign off" on things.

It's also kind of common sense. King wants to buy a castle. Heirs are nowhere near as savvy as the king. Literally everyone in the land says no we can't help you buy that castle. One vizier says, there is a way; helps buy the king the castle. King dies. Vizier tells the heirs: don't worry, I'll keep us within a certain bandwidth. Kids are mostly going to defer to that vizier when it comes to the nuts and bolts of operations. Most people will have seen a similar arrangement in a movie or TV show or book, or even real life.

Point is just that Woodward isn't their "puppet". And going forward, it may be useful for the fanbase to understand the nuances. It's much more complex and dynamic than that.
Got you..
Medieval broadband.

Seriously, thanks for the Glazer insight.

pseudo_canadian

It’s rather depressing isn’t it? I genuinely don’t see the club progressing in a meaningful way as long as the Glazers are still here. We’re completely handicapped.

Offsideagain

About three years ago when we were stalling again over transfers and Jones and Smalling were our CB’s, I phoned 606 and suggested United fans boycotted the Superstores to wake the board and Glazers up to the fact we pay their wages. All I got from Savage was ‘ So you would stop supporting your club?’ No Robbie, I would stop supporting the Glazers. They have taken £85m in dividends and the club has paid £120m in interest on their loan but no capital. £205m that could have fixed the roof and bought some class.

Demonstrations outside the ground wouldn’t embarrass them either. Money money money is all they care about,so stop the supply.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Can't we just call for a full boycott of the club? There must be other options than the Saudis? Boycotting the club is the only thing that will make them sell.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Shambles of a club under these clowns, the rest of the footballing world is literally laughing at us.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can't we just call for a full boycott of the club? There must be other options than the Saudis? Boycotting the club is the only thing that will make them sell.
It's coming. There's literally no other way to stop the rot. Cut their money off and force action.

If people thinking banners and songs do anything you're delusional. I went on the marches. I have sang the songs. What did it do? Nothing. Gave my ticket up years ago and never going back until they go.

Criminal what they have done to this club. Woodward has already had fans at his house. He is probably going to get floored one of these days. Not that I condone violence but it's going to happen. Inevitable

Giggsy13

It will only take the club being on the brink of financial disaster to force the glazers to pack up and leave. They’re looking for a new sponsor to replace Chevy, I genuinely hope the glazers are getting laughed out of every boardroom. The commercial revenue will eventually dry up and so will the number of international supporters, if we continue on this path.

Hate to say it but I think it holds true for some or most, I’d take financial disaster at the club for the glazers to feck off and leave. At that point it would trigger a billionaire oligarch or consortium to purchase the club.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It's coming. There's literally no other way to stop the rot. Cut their money off and force action.

If people thinking banners and songs do anything you're delusional. I went on the marches. I have sang the songs. What did it do? Nothing. Gave my ticket up years ago and never going back until they go.

Criminal what they have done to this club. Woodward has already had fans at his house. He is probably going to get floored one of these days. Not that I condone violence but it's going to happen. Inevitable
Alright anyone should feck off with violence(I know you didn't condone it). It's football. However in the co-vid 19 climate it's riper than ever to call for boycott of the club.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Glazers and Woodward are going to put me into clinical depression. Not a laughing matter.