Woodward, Glazers....

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So because "the world is fecked up", it doesn't matter if the worst regime in the world buys United? Really baffling logic. And you seem to imply that the US government currently own United, while it's actually some businesspeople from the US. The Saudi buyers are the ACTUAL government of Saudi Arabia, they are the ones who are directly responsible for every single atrocity committed by Saudi Arabia. They directly order all kinds of disgusting activities. The Glazers don't send US troops rampaging around the world. But because City and PSG (and Chelsea) have repulsive owners, it's OK if United have someone even worse. Your post can't be serious.
We entered into an illegal war in Iraq with the US and slaughtered thousands. Is that okay then?

MrPooni

We entered into an illegal war in Iraq with the US and slaughtered thousands. Is that okay then?
Obviously not, which is why I imagine the same people who are against a Saudi takeover would have started asking serious questions about their support of the club if it were taken over by the Bush or Blair regimes as part of a blatant soft power exercise back then too.

As far as thought exercises go, this has probably been your most ridiculous so far. It's almost child like. All you're doing with posts like this is showing how limited your grasp on the geopolitical issues at hand really is, thus weakening your already flimsy argument further.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I would not directly support the club (haven't done it under Glazers either) like buying Man United merchandise / following united on social media etc and I'm too far away from Manchester to be at the stadium but I know if I'll be able to stop following United.

It's through United that I love watching football. I'm rarely interested in watching non United games apart from Euros / World Cups.
I would still try to get to OT once a year but it's becoming more difficult now anyway. Like you, I probably watch about 10-15 non-United games a year so my interest in football is directly United-related. I'll still watch every match and support the team. As for merchandise, I have never bought an authentic kit :lol: I feel like it's a waste of money for what essentially is a gym shirt. I would probably invest in a Mbappe 7 kit from DHgate if the Saudis buy us :lol:

arthurka

That’s just it, we wouldn’t be winning trophies as a direct consequence of human rights atrocities!

We have been winning trophies for decades and generate enough of our own money to sustain ourselves provided any owner frees us from the debt and huge dividend payments. It’s totally different to when City were taken over and paid their way from nobodies to champions.

Why does the owner of the club affect anything? I just find it ridiculous, I mean does anybody really talk at length about City or PSG owners?

United is a feckin footballing institution, it exists on its own volition regardless of who ‘owns’ the brand. Ultimately any football club is only as strong as it’s fanbase, that’s the lifeblood of any club.
Well current ownership could could beg you differ as we won´t win shit under the current CEO and directors. Life blood of this club seems to be more in line with sponsors and money than fanbase as our CEO has stated before results on the pitch really have little say in the finances of the club. I for one will continue to support Utd with a new ownership as they are my club and that won´t change I have supported this club for over 35 years and my feelings towards the club and it´s history and character won´t change whoever owns it. That isn´t to say that I will like what they do.

Fosu-Mens

I agree with you up to a point, Saudi's regime is regarded the worst and even the some of Islamic world doesn't agree with the royals. But policitics aside Saudi in the last few years has taken to sports as a whole I mean WWE and boxing is massive out there at the moment and entertainment seems to be at the top of there agenda. Can it be that the country wants to evole and give there people a better lifestyle?
The reasoning for them to "ease" on certain laws is due to pressure from UN and countries that give them access to military equipment and information(US and UK as the two biggest contributors). It is not in the religious leaders or the house of Sauds interest to become more western since this could cause a decrease in influence for the religious leaders and thus less power to the house of Saud.

Roboc7

Glazers aren’t going anywhere yet, they are too greedy to sell up now. They will want every last drop before they leave. Talk of Saudi takeover is nothing but clickbait.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Obviously not, which is why I imagine the same people who are against a Saudi takeover would have started asking serious questions about their support of the club if it were taken over by the Bush or Blair regimes as part of a blatant soft power exercise back then too.
I think fans mostly would not have a problem with Bush or Blair as the owner of Manchester United (as at least compared to if United owned by the Saudis).
Well, unless United were still shit under Bush or Blair.

Bestietom

Woodward has said that Glazers wont be selling anytime soon. Disappointed to hear this. Would have liked someone like Arnault to take over.

AneRu

Glazers aren’t going anywhere yet, they are too greedy to sell up now. They will want every last drop before they leave. Talk of Saudi takeover is nothing but clickbait.
I keep seeing this line of thought but how many years would they need to match a £4bn valuation they could likely get if they were to sell? Considering the dividends they take and the stock market price of the club having plummeted I think its wiser to sell now because under their leadership the only way is down from both a football and financial perspective.

fergiesarmy1

I keep seeing this line of thought but how many years would they need to match a £4bn valuation they could likely get if they were to sell? Considering the dividends they take and the stock market price of the club having plummeted I think its wiser to sell now because under their leadership the only way is down from both a football and financial perspective.
I think they would snatch someone’s hands off if they get that offer, the club isn’t coming back to that market cap value anytime soon if it was ever there sterling wise and they only care about the money. It’s not like they come over to watch anymore so it’s not like it’s a billionaires hobby toy like chelsea was for abramovic at first or a publicity tool like city is for Yabadabadu they couldn’t give a stuff about any of that.

AneRu

I think they would snatch someone’s hands off if they get that offer, the club isn’t coming back to that market cap value anytime soon if it was ever there sterling wise and they only care about the money. It’s not like they come over to watch anymore so it’s not like it’s a billionaires hobby toy like chelsea was for abramovic at first or a publicity tool like city is for Yabadabadu they couldn’t give a stuff about any of that.
Yes, this is my argument too. If the Saudi interest is real, a big if after reading Woodward's comments, the Glazers will squeeze every penny they can out of the Saudis and take the money. It would be foolish of them to do otherwise.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Woodward has said that Glazers wont be selling anytime soon. Disappointed to hear this. Would have liked someone like Arnault to take over.
he would say that regardless of the truth so it doesnt really mean anything

Roboc7

It probably is the best time to sell but like I said they are too greedy and stubborn. They will just look at it as money lost if they have to sell up now rather being pleased with their huge profit.

But personally I think they will have their eye on streaming, at some point there is possibility (maybe not for a good while) all games will be on tv and there might be a huge increase in revenue. They won’t be able to walk away with that in back of their minds. Any talks in Saudi Arabia will be about sponsorship not selling.

Have to remember these guys aren’t the smartest, their Dad was the businessman who gave them all their wealth and positions. They’ve done a terrible job here and in Tampa and I think they will shoot themselves in the foot and cling on too long because of greed and incompetence.

Andersonson

So how would these values be gone if the Saudis took over?
Non-discriminatory?

How does it fare for our womens team if theese people take over? Or would they close the team down?

And should we not recruit any players who are jewish? Or god forbid, any shia muslims. That would surely piss them off.

Atleast they could get 10.000 Nepalis to build us a new stadium for close to nothing.

red thru&thru

Non-discriminatory?

How does it fare for our womens team if theese people take over? Or would they close the team down?

And should we not recruit any players who are jewish? Or god forbid, any shia muslims. That would surely piss them off.

Atleast they could get 10.000 Nepalis to build us a new stadium for close to nothing.
I'm willing to bet non of the above happens if they were to take over!

Andersonson

I'm willing to bet non of the above happens if they were to take over!
But how would you as a woman feel to play under such leadership? Or if you as a player were jewish or whatever?

" It' s ok. They're only doing it ln the middle east. Its fine. Chill "

kaiser00

I think you’ll find the Saudi’s have no problems with Israel and Jews. Secret money mates!

red thru&thru

But how would you as a woman feel to play under such leadership? Or if you as a player were jewish or whatever?

So are you expecting the laws of Saudi Arabia to be applied at Manchester United? You do realise MBS has loosened up some of these human rights recently? Women can now drive. Concerts are now happening in the country. Yes, Saudis law maybe not great for us Westerners but it has been in their culture for years. It's a slow process to change things. You can't change it overnight.

Marcelinho87

Like most people the footballers wouldn't care if they are getting paid large sums of money just look at all those who go play in Russia despite years of racist abuse.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
The reasoning for them to "ease" on certain laws is due to pressure from UN and countries that give them access to military equipment and information(US and UK as the two biggest contributors). It is not in the religious leaders or the house of Sauds interest to become more western since this could cause a decrease in influence for the religious leaders and thus less power to the house of Saud.
It's not the UN or human rights or anything like that. The Kingdom is trying to emulate its neighbors, especially the UAE, and move on from an oil based economy.

Fosu-Mens

It's not the UN or human rights or anything like that. The Kingdom is trying to emulate its neighbors, especially the UAE, and move on from an oil based economy.
If they are trying to emulate their neighbours then why do they keep on executing people. UAE still got the death penalty, but did not execute anyone last year, Saudi Arabia executed 149. If they want to emulate their neighbours in going away from a purely oil-based economy, then they should have gone for more tourism, which is difficult with some of the rules still being practised there.

Their operations in Yemen(not the only players there) is just sad. Their tactic is to starve them into giving up.

Wahhabism is not a thing im particularly fan of.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
If they are trying to emulate their neighbours then why do they keep on executing people. UAE still got the death penalty, but did not execute anyone last year, Saudi Arabia executed 149. If they want to emulate their neighbours in going away from a purely oil-based economy, then they should have gone for more tourism, which is difficult with some of the rules still being practised there.

Their operations in Yemen(not the only players there) is just sad. Their tactic is to starve them into giving up.

Wahhabism is not a thing im particularly fan of.
Not a big fan of Wahabism myself, or of Saudi attempts to influence the region.

The Kingdom is moving away from Wahabism and is encouraging tourism. It's still a repressive regime, no doubt.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread further.

Dr. StrangeHate

It is very fashionable to blame him for everything due to let's face it, absolutely horrid managerial appointments and galactico player recruitment policy.
But whatever he has done with the academy has worked wonders. Ever since class of 92 I haven't seem this many genuine first team contenders breaking through. Greenwood, Brandon Williams, Rashford seem a sure feature for the foreseeable future. Tunazebe, Henderson, Gomes, Ethan Laird, Garner might make the next step as well. He continues to recruit at that level as well with a cannibal and a meija looking promising.
We need to start an Ed academy work appreciation thread.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It is very fashionable to blame him for everything due to let's face it, absolutely horrid managerial appointments and galactico player recruitment policy.
But whatever he has done with the academy has worked wonders. Ever since class of 92 I haven't seem this many genuine first team contenders breaking through. Greenwood, Brandon Williams, Rashford seem a sure feature for the foreseeable future. Tunazebe, Henderson, Gomes, Ethan Laird, Garner might make the next step as well. He continues to recruit at that level as well with a cannibal and a meija looking promising.
We need to start an Ed academy work appreciation thread.
This is a myth.

frookydinho

Big big January. We have a genuine chance off making top four, they clearly want Ole for the foreseeable future, so back your man! These transfer windows are key to our rebuild. Let's sort another area out now and give us a great chance for this season and make it easier come the summer. They cannot let this month go to waste

Stepney73

Big big January. We have a genuine chance off making top four, they clearly want Ole for the foreseeable future, so back your man! These transfer windows are key to our rebuild. Let's sort another area out now and give us a great chance for this season and make it easier come the summer. They cannot let this month go to waste
100%

Since the CL is so important to keep lining the pockets of these parasites they need to back ole with at least 2 players to bolster the squad and another 3 in the summer.

If they don't and this paper thin squad runs out of legs at the buisiness end of the season resulting in Utd finishing about 10th followed by ole being fired and then we start all over again.

Saying that I would take a few seasons mid table if the outcome was this lot selling up.

always_hoping

Since Ole was appointed last December.

7 players that played under Jose have been sold or loaned out and only 3 have been brought in. I'm not the best at maths but those numbers don't add up when the club are meant to be rebuilding.

The last four January transfer windows only Sanchez was brought in who turned out to be the biggest flop signing of the decade for United. How many here really expect the United board to deliver those much needed transfers next month?

Let's be honest important player in McTominay already out and United are only a few more injuries away from their season falling apart much like it did last March.

pav1790

100%

Since the CL is so important to keep lining the pockets of these parasites they need to back ole with at least 2 players to bolster the squad and another 3 in the summer.

If they don't and this paper thin squad runs out of legs at the buisiness end of the season resulting in Utd finishing about 10th followed by ole being fired and then we start all over again.

Saying that I would take a few seasons mid table if the outcome was this lot selling up.
Where is that number coming from? Looking at the League Table and just in general the performances - Wolves, Tottenham and Sheffield are the only three teams below us that I ll say COULD overtake us putting us at 8th - in the worst possible scenario. Never say never in football but 8th would be an absolute rock bottom for us. Don't see us being further down than that.

Besides, I don't think we even have properly got going this season - seeing as a lot of our players have been injured from time to time. Pogba will practically only be playing the half season. Matic ( who looked good last game ). Fred is looking okay - not overworked. I am worried only about Rashford and Martial - and mainly Rashford because we managed to cope with losing Martial for a few matches.

That said, reinforcements would be welcome but only if they are the right fit in my opinion. A loan or a loan with option to buy a midfielder and a different stricker perhaps.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
The Glazers' NFL team haven't made the playoffs in 12 years. They're doing their best to ensure United avoid success for at least that long. As long as they can pocket money from the club, they can't be bothered about the football.

RORY65

The thing that I find most irritating is the seeming arrogance of the club as well which is based on nothing. There have been several pieces recently about how the club now believe they've got their act together and believe that the recruitment in the summer proved that. Any dickhead could have told them that Maguire for 80m, which took ages to get done which hindered us doing any further activity, was a joke and that this midfield was completely deficient to go in to a season. Solskjaer has made mistakes and I'm not convinced he's the answer long-term but the people above him should be embarrassed by the state of our squad and the fact that our midfield is so reliant on McTominay who is hardly a world-beater at this stage.

Utdstar01

We desperately need new owners who want us to be successful as a football club again.

ash_86

They are here to stay!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
So, how do we feel about them?

It looks like they need money themselves (dividends), hence they don't want to spend money at all. Even though Ed said not too long ago we can do things other clubs just can't. On top, we are as amateurish, slow and clueless with regards to transfers as always.

Nothing has changed. Under the Glazers and that board, we do not move one step ahead. After finishing 3rd, it would have been nice to see more positive signals going into the new season. We will stay mediocre for longer, it seems

Jackal981

It looks like they need money themselves (dividends), hence they don't want to spend money at all. Even though Ed said not too long ago we can do things other clubs just can't. On top, we are as amateurish, slow and clueless with regards to transfers as always.

Nothing has changed. Under the Glazers and that board, we do not move one step ahead. After finishing 3rd, it would have been nice to see more positive signals going into the new season. We will stay mediocre for longer, it seems
Yankee doodle shite stains. Maybe what Ed the donkey meant was only we as a big club can be incompetent as feck in ways other big clubs only can dream of. We are Arsenal Mk 2 as long as these leeches are here. They got lucky they were.gifted SAF during their early days but now their incompetence are starting to show. Bunch of useless cowards.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy

Yes, and that may be the only way that we will eventually get rid of them. Because the harsh reality is that there is nothing that we, as fans can do about them. They own the club. We can protest. We can moan on the internet. Fecking headcases can (and probably will) turn up at Ed's house and throw fireworks. It doesn't matter a jot. The only thing that matters is the money and that will keep rolling in once the pandemic is done.

Only when that stops, when we are too mediocre for the share price to keep increasing, when they feel that they have maximised their return will the club go up for sale. And then we better be careful what we wish for in terms of the next owner, because, realistically, who can afford us? Sovereign wealth funds looking to sportswash their image, or dodgy oligarchs looking to do the same.

Carry on. Bemoan the fact that we have them. Doesn't matter, we're stuck with them.